Create Account

S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs

Task 1: I think there are a number of people on the site who are qualified for such a position, and we have a lot of members that care deeply about making the SHL the best version of itself. First among these is @nour, who cares passionately about the league providing a fun, engaging, and - above all - fair and transparent experience to all of its members, and would do wonders in a role where he could make positive change daily. A second would be @DrunkenTeddy, an elder statesman of the league who knows all of the various jobs, processes, and everything else inside and out. He has the knowledge to identify areas of improvement and the clout to successfully drive change. Finally, @39alaska39 is someone who has always spoken up for fairness and doing what's best for all of the site's members, and I know he'd bring that same drive if a role like this ever became a thing.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

[Image: SHLPA-PT.png]

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

@ItssYoBoiDaLegend Mind if I completely plagiarize you and take credit incorrectly?

For this (CBA) meeting I have a couple demands from the players themselves. Including Contract agreements with teams that would take out tiers so UFA's could make more money, but for teams side of this to make it more fair, players coming off an ELC contract will be 3 Seasons Restricted Free Agent to the team as it makes it a easier demand for the teams, and players. I wanted to also Increase the cap over the course of the next couple of years by 1M-2.5M to increase player money demands. The next piece I would like to add for players is adding in No Trade Clauses, No Movement Clauses, and Modified-No Trade Clauses. As players seem to be traded when they do not want to be, and in effect making NTCs, NMCs, and M-NTCs I viable solution to the players. For Teams, I would make it more of a fair deal, as they can sign players to longer contracts, but at the same time, under the inactivity rule if a player does not do his weekly updates of minimum 2 weeks in a row, the players NTC, NMC, or M-NTC will be nullified.

This is the Collective Bargaining Agreement that we have wants, and demands for and hopefully that you can negotiate this part into the League.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

06-30-2019, 02:10 AMTheHockeyist Wrote: @ItssYoBoiDaLegend Mind if I completely plagiarize you and take credit incorrectly?

For this (CBA) meeting I have a couple demands from the players themselves. Including Contract agreements with teams that would take out tiers so UFA's could make more money, but for teams side of this to make it more fair, players coming off an ELC contract will be 3 Seasons Restricted Free Agent to the team as it makes it a easier demand for the teams, and players. I wanted to also Increase the cap over the course of the next couple of years by 1M-2.5M to increase player money demands. The next piece I would like to add for players is adding in No Trade Clauses, No Movement Clauses, and Modified-No Trade Clauses. As players seem to be traded when they do not want to be, and in effect making NTCs, NMCs, and M-NTCs I viable solution to the players. For Teams, I would make it more of a fair deal, as they can sign players to longer contracts, but at the same time, under the inactivity rule if a player does not do his weekly updates of minimum 2 weeks in a row, the players NTC, NMC, or M-NTC will be nullified.

This is the Collective Bargaining Agreement that we have wants, and demands for and hopefully that you can negotiate this part into the League.

No not really, I mean it's what I hope for.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2019, 04:45 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

Code:
Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them?

I believe that in order to achieve the best parity between the league and it's players in order to maximize overall happiness, you need players who are very well-respected throughout the SHL. I have 3 examples of such:

Firstly, we have Tommy Tuck ( @Muford ). This guy certainly makes sure that any party can be satisfied, and he always aims to please. As I covered with @frithjofr on the Johnson & Johnson podcast, Tuck has a very valuable asset at his disposal which is appealing to almost anyone with a functioning brain.

Secondly, I have to go with Cameron Carter II ( @Boomcheck ). Known throughout the league for his mastery in contract negotiations, 'CC2' can secure any deal he so desires for himself, and could certainly do the same for a league-wide player's union. He is also very well-travelled, having been involved with many locker rooms throughout the SHL, so he is networked rather adequately.

Finally, I would nominate Stavros Halkias ( @Bongo ). I'm not really sure how much of a help he would be in terms of actually giving a helping hand to the players' union, but at the very least he can police that the players are well-rested and exercising.

~200 words

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Task 1 - I believe the players that are best equipped to represent us as players in the league are the ones that have received the banhammer or faced the SHL Head Office’s wrath firsthand. I’m talking guys like @AssPancakes , @gorlab and most recently @Daco who has decided it’s time to ghost. Who best to combat the league’s oppression and overreach than those that have seen their punishment firsthand? We’re going to have these guys go to war for us to get a new CBA in place.

Task 2 - With a new CBA, I’d demand that the league increases minimum salaries for TPE thresholds. Where they’re at today is not enough for us to make a sustainable wealthy living. We need to afford people to do all of our chores for us, and while we’re close to that today, we can’t afford an agent, personal chef, driver, live in nanny, and various other roles that need to be fulfilled in our households. We must sustain an environment that can support a wealthy lifestyle!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

task 2:

If i was sitting in on the negotiations i wouls fight for 2 main things.

1: contracts are very strange, the teird contract system is weird to me, if you can get someone to take a huge discount thats just a sign of a good GM and a player giving up his peice for the greater good. obviously keep the hard salary cap, we aernt the NBA... another part of this that could help a lot of the cap stress would be to give each GM a "signing bonus budget", every season a GM can have up to X ammount of dollars to give as a signing bonus to their players or free agents in an attempt to get them over here. It would add another layer of depth to the negotiations as you can bring a player over on a smaller cap hit by being able to give them a little extra cash up front.

2: we need to improve the grading of media. more specifically the graphics section. the wirtten media team has to read through 2000 word articles and 1 hour long podcasts and can have your submission graded and paid out in a matter of days. the graphics section seems to struggle in that department. with videos and pictures taking weeks and sometimes months to be graded it leaves players waiting for their money and becoming disinterested. The league has tried to fix this delay by allowing players to link their ungraded media and go into a negative account balance but that just causes confusion for the league bankers and the players trying to play detective to retrace the balance of the account, especially with graphics where the player may feel like they deserved an 8 but got a 6 and now theyve overspent. If written media graders can do it on reasonable timefrfames theres no reason thje graphics team cant. lets all stop trying to find ways to circumvent the lazyness and just fix it. Find people who will grade within reasonable time frames. I understand were busy and all have lives outside of this. Im not saying we need graphics graded within the hour, but i feel like days is more than reasonable.

[Image: nasty.png]

Task Choice 1

I've always liked the idea of forming some sort of "Player's Association" with the SHL, so here are my nominations for FIVE panel members are below. I wanted to bring a combination of experience, dedication and level-headedness to the table.... in addition to members being spread all across the league. Here's what I came up with:

@Pris - One of the most well-liked members in the league & has been around since 2016.

@Raven - Has been around since 2015 and a highly active member all-around. Also has spent time in HO and could provide some inside information.

@Durden - Also has been here since 2015 and spent some time inside HO. Could provide a much-needed level headed approach to many issues facing the league.

@SlashACM - Newest member of the bunch, arriving just under a year ago. Insanely active, over a month of online time & shows no sign of stopping that trend. A fresh set of eyes to balance the older members brings a new perspective to issues.

@ArGarBarGar - Would likely serve as president of the group, being the longest tenured member (2014). Has spent several tours as a GM and member of HO, and widely respected as well.

Code:
Words: 197

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Task Choice: 2
If I were sitting at the negotiating table for negotiations on a new collective bargaining agreement, one thing that I would be actively seeking to include in the new agreement would be a harder update scale for goaltenders. Goaltenders have much less statistics to update than what skaters do, however have a much softer update scale. While skaters need to use two TPE to update one point from 60-70, for goaltenders it does not come into effect until 70-80. From 70-80 it costs skaters four TPE and 80-90 costs four TPE while goaltenders pay five TPE from 80-90 and eight TPE from 90-99. Skaters are forced to pay twelve TPE to update from 90-99 and in my opinion, the goaltender update scale needs to be re-worked a much harder scale. My reasoning behind this is that when goaltenders are deep into regression and/or inactive for quite some time, they are still very competitive at this point in time when they should struggle to be competitive. A prime example of this is Season 28 draftee, Michael McFadden of the Toronto North Stars.

Code:
182 words

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Code:
Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

If the site had an SHLPA, three users who could handle the power of controlling the needs of new users would be:

@TnlAstatine Monkey D Luffy - A former SMJHL HO guy and all around goober is needed to control the players when they don't get their needs met. He is a friendly guy and was a great interim gm.

@esilverm Nicolaj Muller - A nobody who deserves the position no matter what. Jokes aside, I feel like I would be a friendly face that the newbies and oldies would love and hate to get messages from at all times of day. I know a few guys who I think can get the job done.

@TheWoZy Satoshi Zizagooney - To quote the man himself, "you lobster." When this legend said these words I knew he was the man for the job. He tells things like they are and would have no problem getting things to the HO if need be.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2019, 10:59 PM by Carbine.)

[Image: iNbCR36.png]

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

PBE PT

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

PBE PT

Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

@.bojo is an excellent player, with the added bonus that he can represent goalie's interests. Respected league-wide and with an impressive knowledge of the SHL, he is an obvious choice for the players association. He has also worked closely with HO in the past, experience that will no doubt be invaluable in this position

@ej27 is widely respected, with ties in both the eastern and western conferences, and also represents a younger generation of players. Any players association would be lacking in energy and spirit if it didn't count EJ amongst it's membership. It's also important to ensure that a healthy number of defensemen are present.

@ArGarBarGar is another figure with recognition across the site, and may help ensure that the west is sufficiently represented in the association. He brings his wealth of experience and knowledge of many of the more arcane elements of the league with him, and thus his knowledge will help the association manage what will no doubt be a thorny relationship with HO and GMs.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one