Create Account

S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

I will go to the second option since I believe I could be a great leader for the SHLPA. I think anyone who has worked with me or been around me has seen that I am well-intentioned, intelligent, and unafraid to stand up for perceived injustices. This is exactly what we need at the top of the SHLPA. Someone who has proven to fight for the best interests of the league's players and someone who has proven to be unafraid to criticise the SHL brass when questionable decisions have been made. The most important things I would ask for are...

1. Addressing the limbo period between capping at 350 and becoming a solid SHL player.
This is a clear problem that was, unfortunately, exacerbated by the poorly thought out change in the update scale. A change was needed. But the way it was done solved some issues at the top and created some more at the bottom. It was a bit of a 2 steps forward, 1 step back type of deal. So now, we have any issue where players between 350-800 TPE really are not very good SHL players. For the MOST ACTIVE players, this can amount to about 3 seasons. This is the point at which many players lose interest. What we need to do is either enforce stricter line rules (bad imo, because it limits the already limited strategy decisions for SHL teams) OR increase the SMJHL TPE Cap... perhaps to around 450 or 500. I would wait to decide on a number for an arbitrary reason and find one that makes sense so that SMJHL rookies can still play well but also creates a better incentive to continue earning TPE for those in this limbo period.

My word count has been met so now I'll just list a few others...

2. Develop more job opportunities for new members

3. Continue to work with HO to strengthen the rulebook to avoid the seemingly nonsensical punishments that basically beg for the offender(s) to appeal before being made reasonable

4. Develop more clear avenues for dismissing poor management teams and sacking them promptly with proper investigation and inquiries rather than waiting for a more clearly punishable offense, after many members' interest and activity has been negatively impacted

5. Working with the league to start a fundraiser (on kickstarter or something similar esp for reasons of transparency) to obtain the funds to pay someone for the development of a better player updating system, something that would make things dramatically easier for everyone - the idea would be that we develop the proposal of what we need, find someone (ideally an SHL member) who has the interest and skills, raise funds, and develop a contract for the work and pay the member a fair price for the efforts.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Code:
[size=small]Task Choice[/size][size=small]: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)[/size]

So, the easiest one to announce off the top of my head would be @aaronwilson. Maybe if you have not played on the same team as him, you wouldnt know how much time and effort he puts into the league and his team. He is the advanced stats guy and does numbers for the team in order to help us out in any way possible, also practice simming for us to try out new lines. That is if you did not know a little bit of what Aaron does behind the scenes. But, you should know that he is an active member of the SHL considering he was nominated for the Most Dedicated Player of S47 and ended up winning the award aswell. He would not only join the committee but he would be the president of it aswell.

Next up, we would have to add @Kalakar. I have had the chance and honor of getting to know him a little better when I had started in the SMJHL and also now that I ended up in Tampa Bay with him. He has some miles on him in the league and one thing I have noticed about him is his unbiased opinion when it comes to discussions or arguements haha. Having someone who thinks neutral and does noit let his own opinion affect a result or what he says is important when looking at what is good for the whole group of players.

Lastly, @PenKnight would have to be on my list aswell. I see his name all over the board and know that he cares a lot about the league. With that kind of attitude I feel he would be able to put just as much care into the campaign for the Players Association. Also, not to mention, he is a lot more mature then most of us here and we all need that GodFather type of figure on the board. PenKnight would get my last nomination.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Task 2:

As players, we are what this league is about and without us, there would be no league as a whole. We have all the leverage here to get what we want. I believe the cap needs to be raised a significant amount to give players higher salaries and to also raise minimum salaries. While this happens, a need to raise training and equipment would come, but I would want the raise in pay for this not to be that much. I want the raise in salaries to help not uber-active people be able to also afford weekly training, because the people who don't always do big media's struggle to pay for it and never pay for equipment. Now, regarding the minors, I'd make a few changes. Get rid of the TPE cap, but also lower the maximum amount of seasons in the minors by a season. Players shouldn't be locked in on their builds and pray to Simon T that their GMs lines work well enough to have their players perform well. They should know they will perform well because of having more TPE than anyone else. And to help make this not be as abusive for the minors teams, lowering the maximum years in the Juniors helps do that.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

I often find questions like this to be difficult because I never really know what angle to go from. Do I come at as if I am really a hockey player, or do I come at it from the idea that we are roleplaying? For the purpose of this PT, I will come at it a bit from both direction. As a player, I would ask for removing the SMJHL TPE cap so that younger players don’t hit a wall and don’t see improvement in their player until they are called up. Additionally, I would institute some version of the “Rule 5 draft” from baseball where under specific conditions a SHL team can draft a prospect from another team that is down in SMJHL with the requirement that they stay up in the SHL and the other team is compensated on a sliding scale for losing their prospect. I think this would add a bit more movement and excitement. From the RP side, I would suggest removing player weaknesses and the update scale so that improving any stat is 1 TPE. I would then make TPE much harder to get. PT’s would be 1 TPE, team training camp maybe 3 TPE. Make it so that most players will find it impossible to max out their character and player builds will need to be strategic and team composition significantly more important. Keep the activities… but force players to be more unique.

Words: 240

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiation times are seen as stressful times for both the Player's Associations and the suits in the SHL's Head Office. However, the newest member on the SHLPA's current player board, Ja'Aj Coitus-Wagg, has remained cool under fire, and delivered his demands for the new deal with the swagger only a Coitus-Wagg would possess.

Demand #1: Costco Memberships for every player in the SHL and SMJHL. This is a non-negotiable for JCW. There is nothing else in the world like walking around random aisles to receive a free sample of something you would never buy from an employee who likely should not be allowed to drive themselves to their workplace. Everyone knows that buying in bulk is the most efficient use of money - which is always an issue considering the low salaries offered in the SHL and SMJHL.

Demand #2: Higher minimum salary for players with hyphenated names. This speaks for itself, JCW has been putting together a presentation to show how he (and others with hyphenated names) have lower salaries on average.

Hopefully these will come soon as soon as possible.

Task Choice 2:

A players union would be interesting to say the least. The negotiations and terms that they would look for would be even more interesting. I think first and foremost I would make a push to legalize tampering, hold your butts for a second alright. I am not all about making it legal in a private arena like a private message or something similar. I will be the first to say that there is a ton of players who have real friends on the forum, and to say that tampering isn’t happening is a lie. The difference between illegal and legal tampering right now, is that the player does not like the person on the other end. If a player likes what they hear, nobody will ever know it is happening. So how do we go about that? I am all for tampering in a public arena. Any open discussion between a GM and a player under contract to another team should be allowed. It’s that simple, that would be my demand as a sit-in on a union meeting. Let the player know what they are worth and let them negotiate with all parties openly and equally. As it stands, if I want to see my worth I need to test the waters and once that is done I have effectively poisoned the well with my old team.

[Image: horvat3.png]

Because of Olivier's general life experiences and his particularly gruelling travel schedule from having played in Anchorage, he would be most concerned with ensuring that it's possible for players to maintain a work-life balance even though their schedules are demanding. SHL players are dedicating the best years of their lives and their bodies to the league, and even though they do it for love of the game, they deserve not only to be fairly compensated for the toll that takes on them as humans, but also supported and reminded that there is life outside of hockey. People in management can often get swept up in the trappings of the salary cap and game stats, but maintaining goodwill between management and players means remembering that there are people behind those numbers, and they deserve to not only receive world-class training and development for their hockey, but also for their physical and mental well-being. Winning the Challenge Cup is great, but is it really worth it if you ruin the rest of your life to do it? Players need sufficient breaks and access to resources, and they need to be encouraged to use them. In this house, we DON'T stan toxic masculinity.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

I'm not sure how I feel about a CBA because it seems like everyone's biggest beef is with teams not having the cap space to make big offers to free agents and in my opinion, it's not worth it to reward people who want to team hop while offering zero incentives to players who want to stay loyal to their teams. It's the burden of loyal players to take home town discounts etc so the team can afford to go after people who probably won't stick around once the big money runs out. As someone who would prefer to be loyal to a team, I'd like to see some incentives for players who want to stick around with one team for the majority of their careers Instead of raising the salary cap, I'd like to see some sort of training incentive for players who stick around with a team long-term. Maybe an equipment budget so teams can provide full equipment to people taking hometown discount.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Task Choice: 2: A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games. If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

First off I would ask for a salary cap raise to $75M because too many players means everyone is having to take minimum contracts out of loyalty to the team, whereas star players or highly-touted prospects should be able to parlay their skills into hefty payouts. I would also have the ELC limit set to 2 seasons instead of 3. This means players who either don't pan out or who go inactive after the Draft won't be a burden on teams for so long. In addition, I would make a change to inactive player contract status - they can be kept at the same salary by the team that owns their rights, but if they are released, they would be signed at minimum tier contracts instead of always having to be paid the same. There are a lot of decent players in the league who have to sit out because some GM offered them a ridiculous contract and other GMs should not be forced to honor that! Maybe possibly have a IFA auction period also, instead of just first-come first-serve.

Some other negotiable things would be player input on naming new GMs, increasing the amount of games played per season, and having a players legal tribunal which could help a player facing punishment or discipline from the HO.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

I think some good users that would make a good SHL players association are myself (been on almost every team in the league at least once, like to think I have a good pulse on what's going on but that might be disputed lol). Another good user would be @ToeDragon84 as he has been around the league for a long time and is very friendly with most of hte people in the league. A third person to make a players association that I think would be a great asset to our team would be @wikiplaysgames , who has always stood up for what is right within the SHL universe and I think he wcould help us tackle important issues within the league that need addressing.

With a strong team like that, I believe that the SHL would be a better, and more complete place to the benefit of everybody's experience with the league.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Quote:Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

The foundation of a successful SHL Player's Association is only as strong as the people who represent it. We need people who will work for the best interest of the whole league and not just their player or team. With that in mind, I have chosen the next few people as the best option to represent the player's needs.

First up would be @Pris . Pris has been an instrumental part of teaching new members of the site how to function and interact with others. I believe they would be a great representative for new members and can advocate for their needs.

My second choice would be @BadWolf . Badwolf has been in Ho before and has knowledge of how the league operates that would be invaluable to a hypothetical SHLPA. They also have the ability to work well with many different users across the forums.

My third pick for the SHLPA would be @shutdown . While a relatively new member of the site, they bring a fresh perspective to the group and can offer new ideas on what is needed to benefit all players.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019, 01:18 PM by slothfacekilla.)

Code:
Task Choice: 2:  A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games.  If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

My only demand for the players would be that every team locker room would have a soft pretzel vendor in there (free for the players of course).  The pretzel vendor would have cheese sauce and other various toppings available to the players so that they could customize their tasty treat any way that they choose.  These would be available pre-game and post-game, and teams would be required to also stock the pretzels for practice and training hours too.  The players need their pretzels!  The pretzels would provide the players with much needed carbs (is that a thing?) so that they can be peak athletes (please note that I am not a medical doctor).  Plus they are just tasty.  But really, why pretzels?  Well... I wake up every morning in a bed that's too small, drive my daughter to a school that's too expensive, and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little, but on Pretzel Day? Well, I like Pretzel Day.

I'm also just hungry right now and a soft pretzel sounds amazing for some reason.  But I really think it would lift the existing players' spirits as well as attract new blood to the league because who can resist tasty soft pretzels?  We could work out a pretzel sharing program with HO and team managements as well, that way everyone is happy.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

1. Teddy Cuddles (@"cpetrella") is one of the most loyal players in the SHL. He's spent his entire career in the blue and white of the Edmonton Blizzard, and has no plans to leave the team. He's a great person who doesn't have beef with anyone in the league. So, he'd be a great leader. He's the captain of the Blizzard, and would do anything for his teammates. So, I think he would do anything for his fellow players.

2. With Dakota Reid retiring, the San Francisco Pride lose the heart and soul of their locker room. Except, they've found her replacement in Richard Metcalf Jr. (@Lazyeye), who's been the king of the LR lately. I think he's future captain material, and like as I said with Cuddles, I feel that he'd do anything for both his teammates and fellow SHL players.

3. Michael Fox (@FuzzSHL) was the leader of two great St. Louis Scarecrows teams. He captained the team to the Four Star Cup and drove the LR, keeping it positive and active. Fox is now a full-time SHLer and is a very promising player for the New Orleans Specters.

The common theme here is that I think all three of these players would do anything for their fellow SHLers, and would push for better rights.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I did this thing: Many Words

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52