Create Account

Detroit Interviews
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2019, 10:51 AM by ItssYoBoiDaLegend.)

General Manager of the Detroit Falcons NotoriousTig has stepped in for questions...

Welcome Tig

"Thanks, Glad to be here"

1.) Couple rough seasons in a row, sticking with it. Can you talk about the talent the team has as a combined structure to be as good as they are now?

"
After we won two Laurifier Trophies as the top team in the standings of S44 and S45, we ended up losing a ton of our players to callups  and we knew a retool was necessary. The J is pretty cyclical so it's really just a matter of drafting and developing and you'll make your way back to the top. Some cycles will go better than others and that's just the nature of the game but I think we're positioned well to compete this year and next. It's tough to predict what can happen beyond then because callups can be unpredictable, but I think we've got a legit shot at a cup (or multiple) over the next few seasons. We've got a really great group of actives leading the way plus some decent inactives who are able to play a good supporting role and give us depth."

2.) Looking back over the past couple of season, what has helped the most leading into this successful season?

"I think for us, we've been able to make moves to draft our top targets and keep everyone engaged despite knowing that it wasn't our team at its strongest. Everyone has bought in and it's been really awesome seeing us get rewarded in the standings now. We've also been able to complement our drafts with some solid free agent signings."

3.) Looking at all the Rookies, and Sophomores on this team in the SMJHL, how is it looking for the future of Falcons Hockey?

"Our rookie class is excellent. We were able to come away with our top 3 players in the draft by doing some maneuvering to acquire the 1st overall pick. Jagger Fouquette, Noah Andros, and Skao Anazibf have all lived up to their potential going into the draft and should be huge pieces for us for the next couple of seasons in addition to making strong contributions as rookies. Additionally, signing Khabib Nurmagomedov and Zach Magoon strengthened our depth greatly and they've done well considering they joined a bit later than most rookies. As for our sophomores, Travis Bitties was the best rookie in the J last year and in my opinion, Satoshi Zizagooney was the second best, and they're showing just how good they can be now. And of course, our starting goalie Emiko Spector has been great and is set to improve even more."

4.) Any Long-term issues you are looking to take care of down the road?

"My biggest worry right now is that as a result of various trades we've got very little draft capital in this coming draft, which is expected to be a Reddit draft. That could make it tough for us when some of our talent gets called up, but we'll have some time to address this and can also be aggressive with recruiting free agents as well to compensate for not having as many picks."

5.) Being the Falcons GM for how long you have what are the keys to being a successful General Manager in the SMJHL?

"I've been the GM since late in the S44 playoffs, and I've learned that it can be very difficult to be patient. However, being patient and measured in all of your moves is allows a GM to be consistently competitive, even when their team is in a downturn. The nature of the STHS sim engine is very fickle and all you can really to is give your team the best chance possible. However, there are times to be more aggressive and learning how to balance both sides has been something I've had to improve at. I also think a good GM has to lead by example in the locker room, with consistent activity and keeping the culture in check. Team culture and activity really starts from the top and that same culture is what can take some players from being potential SHL stars to leaving the league entirely if it's not good."

6.) Can you give us your Top 10 list of players that you acquired for the team, and how effective they were for the team?

" I don't really want to rank players because we've had a lot of good ones in my time but I'll list a few by draft year. Just the older guys as our current rookie crop have a lot of their story left to write.

S46: We moved up to draft Kalvins Zvejnieks and I don't regret it, even though he's not too active anymore. He's been the model of a two way centre for us since his rookie season and gave our lineup some defensive diversity. On the flip side, Raino Kyllonen has been our offensive dynamo up the middle since his rookie season and has excelled in that role.

S47: Espen Knutsen Jr. was our first round pick and has delivered, providing us with an elite offensive option. Miikka Salo was a defenseman we've needed badly since the moment we drafted him, and has played a lot of tough minutes for us. Lunatyck (I'm not spelling his player's name) was one of two hail Marys as the draft was winding down, both of which were successful. He'd end up joining the Wolfpack as a true rookie. Our other late round steal was Savoli Tankovic, who came out of inactivity early on to become one of the J's top players.

S48: I've already talked a bit about Bitties and Zizagooney, and they're two key pieces both now and in the future. Emiko Spector is both the present and the future in net, and will play a huge role in any success we have. Finally I'll say a word about Oliver Cleary, who we expected to be with us longer but ended up being our second true rookie callup in two seasons as a result of him leapfrogging the entirety of LAP's defense prospects despite being so young. He and Luna are with us in spirit."

7.) July 4th is coming up pretty quickly, knowing you are a Canadian do you celebrate that with the Americans you have on the team?

"
I will probably post a happy 4th of July message in the team Discord but I don't know how to celebrate that with my American friends beyond eating hot dogs and drinking cheap beer in solidarity. Which I'll gladly do, for the record."

8.) You might be a candidate for GM of the Year, tell us what that means to you..

"I won the award once before as Co-GM and it was a huge honour, but JSS/Waters/Wozy were the true architects of that squad over the couple of seasons before that. If I were lucky enough to win it this season it would be a huge accomplishment and feel like something I was able to build rather than inherit, alongside my Co-GMs grok and Nour."

9.) You have a lot of assets you are using for the future, you use a lot those resources to develop young rookies, and send them off into the SHL world quite quickly normally, how does it make you feel that you are training the Top Talent in the SHL to become the Greatest Players in the League today?

"
I'm always really proud anytime our players get the call to go up to the SHL. While it hurts us as a team, that's been their goal all along and I'm just glad that we could provide them with a great experience in junior while they were here. I take it as a point of pride that we've had players called up as true rookies in back to back years, as it shows we're developing players who are ready to take on the challenge of the SHL and try and help win their pro team a championship."

10.) You have had a lot success, and heartbreak over the years, what are the best moments of being apart of the Detroit Falcons?

"For me my full first season as GM in S45 was a roller coaster. It was a tough start as we had lost some players to callup, but our rookies absolutely crushed it and we were able to rally, eventually going on a late winning streak that secured 1st place and a second straight Laurifier Trophy. Going on a deep playoff run and eventually losing in the finals was tough, but we came so close to th highest of highs as a team and it made me more determined than ever to get back and get the job done. Another moment that was a little lower key but still meaningful was being able to draft Waters this past draft. Waters was one of the first GMs I talked to when I joined the site a year ago this week and he and Wozy drafted me to join the Falcons. It was a really nice full circle moment."

11.) Detroit Falcons front office seems to be working in one symphony of beautiful sound. What are the best qualities of each front office piece that helps you guys be so successful?

"I would say that the biggest thing we do is communicate openly and challenge each other. I've had two great Co-GMs in grok and Nour. Grok and I were both rookie managers so we figured a lot of stuff out as partners, whereas Nour is a more experienced manager so our relationship is a bit different as a result. Grok is very thoughtful and methodical, and always had incredibly solid reasoning for his thoughts. Nour built the J's first threepeat team and has seen what it takes to win, so he brings a ton of experience to the table. Then we have our crew of former GMs who are around to offer thoughts and advice, which is super helpful to have as a resource. Then of course Mayuu has been part of my management crew as coach since the beginning, he's great to run opinions by and always brings a positive attitude even when we're stressing out. Mcgriddleluver has been both a scout and an intern for us and the guy bleeds for this team."

Alright Thank You NotoriousTig

"My Pleasure, You all have a wonderful rest of your day"

Detroit Assistant General Manager Nour will now be taking questions

1.) I have talked about this with both NotoriousTig, and Mayuu both made comments about it being a team effort, and some of what Tig said was that you bring a lot of experience to the table which has helped him grow as a General Manager on his own. Can you please tell us about the Growth you have seen in GM Tig, and Head Coach Mayuu?

2.) You were with the first Three-Peat team in SMJHL history, can you compare this Detroit Team to that Three-Peat team you had?

3.) It's been a pretty good season from this year to last year for this group, what are you the most proud of in this group?

4.) Looking at the exciting future with these young rookies, how good does it look so far for this team?

5.) Heading into playoff season, what are your expectations for this team when they go to playoffs?

6.) Most important thing is playing as a team, can you see that being done in the locker room with the Personnel Group, and even as a Team in the Front Office?

7.) Detroit is ahead of St.Louis on the big board right now, how does that feel to be ahead of your rivals?

8.) The progress this team has made from S46 to S48 has been tremendous so far, is there anymore team needs that could help you get over the top on winning a championship?

9.) You might be up for Co-GM of the Year, how does it feel to be acknowledge as one of the best Assistant General Managers in the League?

10.) If you could tell us your opinion on the Collective Bargaining Agreement?

Goalie for the Detroit Falcons Emiko Spector will now take questions...

1.) You were kind of transitioned to take the reigns from Hasek in less than a year, anyone in particular who helped you push to be the Future Goalie of Detroit Falcons Hockey?

"honestly I was told when I came in that I was going to be the project starter for this season (if I stayed active.). So it was technically Management that pushed me though so quickly. I remember worrying a bit when I saw they brought another goalie. As it seems they're done with Hasek and want to build for the future and seeing as I'm always competing at 100% hopefully it'll pay off."

2.) You have had major success with this team early on this year, what does it mean to you to be apart of this amazing group?

"it means a lot really, the players here in Detroit are brilliant and honestly it's something I've loved being a part of. I came in late last season and sat as a player on the bench during out playoff run. So I hope to be able to contribute and add to what wasn't there before. We have a brilliant group that can go a long way if everyone stays healthy."

3.) You have to play stellar at times, but a lot of credit due to the Blueline, what are the best keys to being a great defenseman in your opinion?

"This is actually funny as I was speaking to my friend Manto about this subject Recently about what makes a good defender. I thought it was just being able to stop the puck getting to the netminder but I've been let into some incite by her. Apparently the role of defender is to be selfless in distribution of the puck and always look at how the play is going to develop to consider the next few plays ahead so you can get In the perfect position. You have to put your body on the line and be ready to take one for the team. Honestly a great defense is the making of a team. In some respects you need the same things for being a netminder."

4.) Miikka Salo has been the Falcons best Defenseman for awhile, can you just describe what he brings to the team?

"he brings a everything mentioned above. The Selflessness, the willingness to put his body on the line, and a high hockey IQ. What sets him apart though is he also has great hands to dish the puck to others and put in the back of the net himself. They really are a all-in-one package. "

5.) The team works together well, who is the gel for the whole team the one who keeps everyone together?

"Honestly I don't I can mention just one person. They're all unique and help in there own way. The team feels more like a family than anything. But if I had to choose someone it would have to be Tig. They really helped me and others settle in and they're very open about what's happening in and around the club so I have no complaints really. They also help the newer guys find there footing in the league and aren't worried about taking a gamble on a player. It's all around a brilliant place to be."

Josh Drivers Detroit Falcons Forward will now be open to taking questions....

1.) you are one of the top Detroit players, would you call yourself a leader on the team?

"I certainly try to be. I do what I can to set a good example on the ice, in the locker room, and in my personal life."

2.) The team was going through a rough stretch S46, and S47 coming into this season how were you feeling about the teams position talent wise?

"I think we are in a good position right now. We brought back most of our talent from last season and added some really good rookies."

3.) All of the Top 6 Forward chip in offensively, what is the biggest factor in the chemistry of the Top 6 F group in Detroit?

"Our top 6 is stacked and every single one of us has the skill and potential to be an elite scorer in this league. That can sometimes be difficult to manage and find productive line combinations, but I think we make it work in general. "

4.) Team has become one of the most dominate in the League lead by Defenseman Mikka Salo, Goaltender Emiko Spector, and Top Detroit Falcon Point getter Savoli Tankovic, they aren't the only people chipping in as everyone is giving a little contribution. Can you talk about the relentlessness, and how the team works together?

"Spector has been a great addition to the team. We needed strong goaltending and we’re getting it. It’s been great to see Savoli step up into the main scoring role that Espen occupied last season. We needed someone to step up and he’s more than pulling his weight. As a whole, we are getting decent production spread throughout each line and it’s working for us. "

5.) You might get called up here very soon, what kind of legacy are you wanting to leave in  Detroit?

"I want to be thought of as someone who gave everything he had out on the ice each and every night. I want to help lead this team to a championship before I move up to Buffalo."

Detroit Falcons Winger Savoli Tankovic is up for questions

1.) The top production player in the Detroit Falcons Organization, One of the Top Point Getters in the League, what happened between last year, and this year?

I simply went to work this offseason, I put in all my time and effort into getting better as a player. I did what I could as a person to get what I needed to do done. It worked well for me, I have been fortunate enough to help my team out this season getting a us a Top 3 spot so far, but it's really the team who has helped me along the way, without my teammates I wouldn't be the same player that I am today, so very thankful for this team.

2.) When you saw that you guys got Austin Roenick, what was going through your head?

I saw the trade, and thought a huge piece for a playoff push this year. I think he brings a lot of upfront skill to our offense, and defense both. He gives us more scoring depth as we has 2 and a half Solid Scoring lines. Now we have about 3 good scoring lines for the rest of the season. I think we can make a great push to the Finals for a Four Star Cup. I was very happy to see we got this deal done for ARo.

3.) Front Office works very well as a team, can you explain?

It just seems like they all work well together, Give each other their opinions. They all are working towards one common goal which is to be a Four Star Champion at the end of the day. They made a team out of the front office, it's amazing how they work together.

4.) Heading into Playoffs what are your expectations?

I am fully confident in us winning a Four Star Cup, we have the fire power to do it, and I am confident in that being fulfilled. We want to get back to S44, and S45. 

To Be fully completed here soon. 

Drafting Kimmy 1oa

Big ol yikes from me

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]