Create Account

S48 PT #4 - Guest Star

Like @bluesfan55 I've been a fan of The Simpsons ever since I saw the show. When I heard Matt Groening's representatives were looking for some stars from some of the IIHF's top teams, there was no way I was going to refuse. When I got to their LA studio Bloos and a couple of others were already there to record their voice-overs. I got to be Marc Mittermeier, giant Austrian defender whos strong stick play, crushing hits, and evil laugh not only keep Bart's team at bay, but shortens their bench to boot, much to the cheers of the Austrian nationals. Even nearly ending a defiant Bart's night who refuses to let his team lose here in the Semi-Finals. Bart would come flying down in overtime and upend Marc with a hip check before scoring the winner in overtime, as Mittermeier could only watch helplessly from the ice.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

There has always been one show Collin Gibbles has wanted to guest star on if given the option. And that would be Food Network's Iron Chef America. Gibbles has always had a knack for cooking and a celebrity athlete edition of Iron Chef was too great of an opportunity to pass up. Of course part of the fun on Iron Chef is choosing your opponent for the contest. Gibbles would have to go with none other than the formerly retired, American chef Bobby Flay. The other big part of Iron Chef is the secret ingredient. In this battle the ingredient is Coca Cola. Gibbles quickly began work on making his 5 dishes for the judges. His first dish would be a Cola Coconut Cookie on top of Coconut Ice Cream. The second dish would be a Coke and Lime Roasted Pork Tacos. The third dish on Gibbles' menu was a Spring Salad topped with a Cherry Coke Vinegrette. For the fourth dish, Gibbles decided to be risky and go for a Coke braised ribeye steak with a cola and butter pan sauce. A final dish made by the Minnesota winger was Cola Apple Pie that blew the judges minds away. In the battle of Coke, Gibbles fell just short of victory with Flay just squeaking out a win. It was still an impressive showing that no one expected from the SHL rookie.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

[Image: CBS-SURVIVOR-3801-NO-LOGO-17673-1920x1080.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

Robert Phelps was contacted and requested to be a guest star on Wipeout - Celebrity edition. Wipeout is a popular show where contestants have to complete obstacle courses before others in hopes to win $50,000. In this case the show was being done for charity and the winner got to choose the charity of their choice and that charity would get $500,000. Phelps was nervous about doing a show that could possibly cause injuries, but he was assured that it's entirely safe. Phelps has been passionate about raising money for St. Joseph's Healthcare Foundation since he began living in the nearby area. Things were going great for Phelps when he started, that is until he got to the big balls and went face first into the second one:

[Image: 110106mag-Wipeout1.jpg]

After that Phelps seemed a bit dazed, but did manage to make it to the final 3. He was there alongside some musician and fellow Steelhawk, Finn Kruger. Robert couldn't quite get it done and Kruger managed to win the 500k prize for his charity, The Rabies Awareness Society...

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Olivier Cloutier guest starred on an episode of the Canadian comedy show Letterkenny at the request of his current roommate Raphael D'Alcott. In this episode, Cloutier and d'Alcott play members of a Quebec hockey team in town for a tournament that Reilly and Jonesy are in charge of hosting. Because the tournament was funded largely by the Quebec team, Reilly and Jonesy spend the episode trying to keep the team happy while they make increasingly absurd requests. Neither Cloutier nor d'Alcott are actors, but by all accounts they did a good job nodding along while the real actors yelled in loud Quebecois. Cloutier thought that the experience was fun and was grateful to d'Alcott for inviting him along, even though he's not Canadian and even if he did have to pretend to be Quebecois to do it. He thought his character's request for a rainbow confetti cannon to go off for all his goals was particularly hilarious and joked that he was going to ask Armada management to set that up for him for real.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

aww you spelt carl wrong just for me Wink

While Karlstraße might not be a huge celebrity yet over here in North America, he has become an absolute sensation in his home country of Luxembourg. Appearing as a guest on several morning and evening talk shows to discuss his career thus far in the SHL and SMJHL, as well as his work out regime, nothing comes close to his cameo appearance on his favorite TV show Suits. After a discussion on Luxembourg's top morning talk show "Morningbourger" wherein Karstraße made it known that it was on his favorite current shows on TV, the production team reached out to him and asked if he'd like to make a cameo appearance as an upcoming athletic client on the show. Naturally he accepted. He only had a few lines, but it was tremendous opportunity nevertheless as he got the chance to meet the cast and test his acting chops, which were pretty weak to say the least.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

It was a bit of a strange request from my agent, but I received a phone call on the eve of 4th of July asking if I was interested in doing a TV show appearance middle of the season. This was strange for me, so I figured it must be something pretty good. Turns out it was an invitation to be on Family Feud: SHL Edition playing on CBS. We arrived early Sunday at the studio and, as expected, we did an earlier recording of the show to be aired that evening. "Alright today for have NOAH KONN from the Texas Renegades playing!" which lauded almost no applause, more like a few solitary claps. "OK.... so the topic is 'Things that shook the SHL recently'". I answered quickly "Uhhhh King returning from being inactive?" BING, just like that it was the top answer. No need to answer anything else! Was out of the studio by noon & on my way.

Words: 160

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Well I don't think anyone would be surprised to know that Nickolas Klaus was cast in a movie about Santa Claus, but some people may find it incredible that the young hockey player was not only cast, but selected to be the movies lead actor. Through out the past few months, Klaus has become a massive figure head in not only the community of hockey, but also that of mass entertainment as he has gone on many talk shows to speak about his time at the helm of the Simulation Lacrosse League. His quick paced sense of humor made him an instant fan favorite, but he really won over crowds by never making himself seem like the type of guy to sell into what people wanted to hear. Klaus spoke with truth and honesty and made sure that he got his opinions across, and this is why he was selected to play a role in a major movie despite no acting career prior.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

I'm never listening to my agent again. The weirdest show I've ever been a part of. It might have been an acid trip but I'm choosing to believe it was real. Tell me if someone asked you to be a part of "Bacteria Bros", how could you refuse. I hop in to the studio and see my New England pals @hotdog and @Ace already there waiting for me. We're all explained the premise of the show and the boys are looking real confused. Basically we're all going to be given a bacterial culture and are responsible for turning it into some food item. Immediately I called dibs on kombucha. Not going to let anybody but me ruin the legacy of GT Dave. Ace picked bread, of the sourdough variety, whereas hotdog chose to make yogurt. Now we just have to wait and see how things end up in episode 2.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

It was unexpected. There I was getting my annual hair cut and beard trimming when a man came streaking in from the street and asked if before I got my hair cut they could use me quickly in scene they were shooting just across the street. I agreed and walked into an enormous studio, with what turned out to be a wilderness scene. The movie I found out what a remake of the beloved classic "Homeward Bound" and my role was to be the large bear that intimidates the animals Shawdow, Chance (voiced again by Michael J. Fox), and Sassy. The previous bear had flown into a murderous rage and mauled its handler and the catering girl (it really wanted those crullers). So I was decked out in a special suit to catch my motions so they could animate me to a bear. They wanted to try and keep my beard and face the same so the rest would be computer generated as it was a perfect match to the bears fur.

In the end I was bitten twice by the acting animals and asked by an assistant producer how I felt about nude scenes (this seemed uncalled for in my motion capture suit), but that is the story of how my beard got a cameo in a movie.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Code:
Written Task: you have been contacted by your agent to guest star on a television show! in 150 words or more tell us how it all went down! what show was it? How were you involved? how did it turn out?! give us all the juicy details!

I was really excited when I heard from my agent that the new American version of "Instant Hotels" wanted to include me in their inaugural season after seeing the sweet home I got in New Orleans.  I got to show off my new house as an Air BNB type situation, and I was competing with other people to see who had the best "instant hotel."  I told the producers that I don't rent my house out, but they wanted to include me in the show for some "star power" even though I am pretty cheeks in the SHL.  Everything went pretty well when the people stayed at my house.  I have plenty of rooms to sleep, plenty of bathrooms, and a lot of space to party.  In the end though, I did not end up winning the best "instant hotel" for the season, most likely due to the fact that I would not let any of my guests into the very top third story of the house and they seemed offended.  But that room is not for them...  Overall I had a good time staying at the other houses, but I definitely prefer my own NOLA home for many reasons.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2019, 02:32 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Nick Brain was recently involved in a TV pilot production called "Real Housewives of Winnipeg". This was mostly against his will, as he had little knowledge of him being involved in the show until his agent mentioned offhandedly that there'd be cameras at an autograph signing Nick was doing in the Portage Place Shopping Centre. A couple characters on the show claimed to be fans of Nick and went to the autograph signing so that a staged confrontation could happen in front of the cameras to add drama, tension, and hopefully future ratings to the show. Eventually, two of the husband characters squared off over who actually used a spray-on tan instead of having a real one (Spoiler: it was both of them using spray-on), so they got into a fight. Nick was sick of this fake reality TV show drama, so he eventually waded into the fight, gave them the ol' double noggin knocker, and uppercutted them both into unconsciousness before casually sitting down and resuming his autograph signing.

Nick's cameo in the show ended up being the only positive thing about it, as the show was universally panned by critics for being a cheap third-rate imitation of a reality show (which in and of itself is a cheap third-rate imitation of actual meaningful TV content). Nick's double KO was widely praised by critics though, and has made the rounds as a Twitter reaction GIF. It is fully expected to stay in the rotation of reaction GIFs for a solid decade plus.....

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Yesterday, my agent told me that I needed to go to Los Angeles to shoot multiple scenes, because he found me a one-episode role in the next season of Marvels Agents of Shield. He told me that I would play a villain with superpowers that attacks some member of the Shield crew. I will be a human who got stole by aliens which perform several experiments on me. The result is that my character is now able to spit fire from his mouth and the aliens can also control me from a chip they put in my brain. I come into play when Daisy get on board of an alien ship, we the purpose of stealing their technology to better understand how they operate with the objective how chasing those aliens from the Earth space. The aliens launch me on her a soon as they detect Daisy presence on their ship, after a huge fight in which her arm caught on fire, she ended up quaking the chip from my brain and bring me safely back to Earth.  
178 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]