Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S48)

You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

Lemme go to Edmonton game 5 at home. I could wear my old Blizzard Cain jersey... or my signed S45 Cup Champs Blizzard jersey... or my cuddles jersey. I got laid in that cuddles jersey

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

There is always a managerial advantage when a team plays against Esa & Cookies. 5 Cups, playoffs all but 2 seasons that they have been at the helm. They know how to get it done when the playoffs start.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

How do you see either series playing out?

I see this as a pretty easy victory for the Stampede over Toronto. Toronto has worked pretty hard to trade players away and their team is not as strong as it was earlier in the season. Meanwhile Buffalo has some great players all over the ice and is a legit contender for the championship.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

Who needs to step up for there team to win?

Enqvist: Why? Because they brought him in to help the team and now he needs to deliver when it matters the most, in the playoffs. If he doesn't then Edmonton's secondary scoring goes with him and they will likely not move further into the playoffs.

Code:
How do you see either series playing out?

I see Buffalo beating Toronto in six games and Calgary beating the Blizzard in six games.  Why do I think that?  Well I copied someone's playoff bracket for one thing, but they had the Blizzard winning in six.  So I modified that to Calgary because I have a lot of respect for @Steelhead77 and I think that gives Calgary the edge in almost any series (unless it is against NOLA).  But I just want TPE from both the playoff bracket and this WFT so that is why I am going with the Stampede and Dragons winning in six games to emerge out of the wild card round.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

I’ll focus on the western matchup.

GM advantage: keygan and tony are terrific gm’s, but in comparison to the lengthy resumes possessed by steelhead and cookies there really is no equal in this league. I’ll give the advantage to Calgary on this one.

Player that needs to step up: there are quite a few names on Edmonton’s roster that fell short of expectations this season, but one name in particular is tommy tuck. Fresh off a mvp like season he was average at best for most of s48. We all know the ceiling on this dude is insane and he could easily steal a series or two if we see him return to the form he showed in s45 and s47.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019, 02:15 PM by Slowpoke.)

If Calgary cannot clean up their play, Edmonton has the chance to make them pay. It would take a lot, but there is a chance. Edmonton's PP has not been the best through the regular season with barely over an 18% conversion rate. On the flip side Calgary had the 13th worst PK. This is a battle of who can make something out of nothing, and if Edmonton can find a bit of a spark they could find a way to close the series out.

[Image: horvat3.png]

In the West, the Calgary Dragons would stand the best chance to match up against New Orleans. Once they're in, anything is possible, especially keeping their core intact for this long (save for those who departed due to expansion), making them almost always good for at least a Conference Finals run.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Code:
You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

If I won, I'd be heading to Calgary. And whose jersey would I wear? Hercules Rockefeller! One of the best names in the SHL and a super talented player who will have a big impact on if his team advances out of the WC.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019, 02:18 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

07-11-2019, 01:24 PMSlowpoke Wrote: If Calgary cannot clean up their play, Edmonton has the chance to make them pay. Hamilton had the best PP in the league during the regular season. Calgary had the 13th worst PK in the league this alone should worry Calgary fans. In addition, it is the top scorers of Hamilton who are taking some of the most penalties. If you compile all of these things, Hamilton may have an opportunity to wrap this series up quick.

This is some good analysis...

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019, 02:16 PM by Slowpoke.)

07-11-2019, 02:09 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
07-11-2019, 01:24 PMSlowpoke Wrote: If Calgary cannot clean up their play, Edmonton has the chance to make them pay. Hamilton had the best PP in the league during the regular season. Calgary had the 13th worst PK in the league this alone should worry Calgary fans. In addition, it is the top scorers of Hamilton who are taking some of the most penalties. If you compile all of these things, Hamilton may have an opportunity to wrap this series up quick.

This is some good analysis...

Fuck Im an idiot, wait for revision plz.

Fixed, I am going to take out my disappointment on myself by saying I hate you @Mike Izzy

07-11-2019, 02:11 PMSlowpoke Wrote:
07-11-2019, 02:09 PMMike Izzy Wrote: This is some good analysis...

Fuck Im an idiot, wait for revision plz.

Fixed, I am going to take out my disappointment on myself by saying I hate you @Mike Izzy

The funny part is I was serious about it being good analysis,, I knew what you were talking about in the paragraph. Cool

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

07-11-2019, 02:18 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
07-11-2019, 02:11 PMSlowpoke Wrote: Fuck Im an idiot, wait for revision plz.

The funny part is I was serious about it being good analysis,, I knew what you were talking about in the paragraph. Cool

It would be good if it were about the two correct teams....

Code:
Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Tommy Tuck is one of the best goalies in the league, so yes I think there is a goalie advantage for Edmonton against Calgary. Admittedly, his regular season hasn't been up to his standard, but playoffs are a different beast and Edmonton has been on a role lately. Tuck will return to form because he's shown that he will time after time.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 2] [Pts 2] [+/- +4] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 12]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Code:

As I was the 100th caller and given 2 tickets I have to go to Edmonton. Begrudgingly. But I would get the jersey of one Mattias Enqvist, because we all gotta support the boys. NEW 4 lyfe

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]