Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S48)

You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

I'm going to Calgary and wearing a Mike Izzy jersey. Izzy is a fucking legend and all around good dude. Plus Canada is fucking awesome.

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Code:

Code:
Is there an area which a team can exploit on their opponent?

Buffalo has the Offensive Firepower to exploit the goalie issues Toronto has had for quite awhile. Toronto's issues at Goaltending start with their backup Steven Moore at 165 TPE, and Michael McFadden at 430 TPE. 

Code:
Code:
Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

Buffalo has the managerial advantage as they have been doing a lot to make a playoff push for a 2nd Challenge Cup in 3 Seasons. Buffalo is ready for the best Toronto has to offer. Buffalo's moves they made helped them get into a good match up against most Playoffs Teams.

Code:
Code:
Who needs to step up for there team to win?

Mike Izzy needs to step up for his team. Mike Izzy is one of the best players in Calgary, and the leader of that team. If they want to win a Challenge Cup, it will take a lot of push from Mike Izzy for them to win.

Code:
Code:
Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Cedric Robinson is in the match up of his life against Michael McFadden. Cedric Robinson has been a great Goalie for Buffalo, but Michael McFadden has been having a rough stretch for Toronto. Cedric has been one of the best Goalies in General. He could be getting a really good series.

Code:
Code:
Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to seize center stage?

James Truong has been a great piece of Offense for the Edmonton Blizzard, scoring 20 Points attaching 10 Goals to the Season. James Truong could be a huge part of Edmonton's plan for these Playoffs.

Code:
Code:
How do you see either series playing out?

I see buffalo knocking out Toronto pretty easily when it comes to the sense of Goalie Matchups, and for Calgary and Edmonton it really comes down to the Leaders taking over the teams and doing their part for the team to get themselves deep into a playoff run.

Code:
Code:
What player are you worried about in there series and why?

McFadden, he doesn't have any advantage over the Buffalo Offense that he will have to play against. He has a lot going against him in that series.
Willy Mack has had a bad record when it comes to Plus/Minuses -18. His defense has been pretty bad lately. Teams could exploit his defense when his line gets on the ice.

Code:
Code:
What players are keeping their opponents GM's up at night in this match up?

Mike Izzy will probably be the most scariest player to play against for Edmonton
Teddy Cuddles will be super hard to play against for Calgary

Louie Garrett after the trade to Buffalo, a huge Offensive Firepower and it will cause issues with Toronto
Toronto's Mikhail Lokitonov after his 54 Points could be a huge issue for Buffalo.

Code:
Code:
Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

Calgary could matchup well as they have a lot of Offensive Power, and Defensive Power as well. They have the capability to make it up to the Finals.

Code:
Code:
You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums
and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round!
what city are you going to and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

Buffalo and Louie Garrett. My Favorite offensive player in the game @dizzyDC You created one hell of a player, and I respect the way he plays. He is one of  the great players. Hall of Famer in future.

Code:
You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

As a part of the moo-gang and a fellow Swede I have but one choice; I'll be attending a Stampede gaming proudly wearing a Passamus jersey. On top of him being my countryman and teammate I believe he has a lot of untapped potential that will be coming to fruition in this series.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

Quote:Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

No, this will be the third wild card round played since the introduction in S46. In the previous two seasons none of the teams that played in the wild card round ended up playing in the challenge cup finals. The odds are against them.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

I want to go to the Saddledome, and get a free jersey from Mike Izzy bc he is an elite player and high point scorer.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Code:
Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

Yes, very obviously. Toronto is arguably one of the worst run teams in the SHL, and their draft record reflects that clearly over the last few seasons. Meanwhile, no team has developed as deep a pipeline of new talent to complement their current core than the Buffalo Stampede. @Tomen and @WannabeFinn are two of the best in the game, and deserve to be recognized as GMs of the Year.

Code:
Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Michael McFadden is a fossil that is shockingly still holding down the net for Toronto, while Cedric Robinson is a young goalie coming into his own and just set a new personal record for wins in a season. Robinson should give BUF a clear edge against the Stars.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I actually think Calgary vs Edmonton will be going to 7 games and in the final match it will just be who wants it more (Or y'know whoever Simon decides to fuck over in comical fashion but ignore that!)

Whilst Toronto get swept in 4 vs Buffalo. Big rip.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Code:
Is there an area which a team can exploit on their opponent?

In terms of secondary scoring, the Buffalo should be able to come on top. Both teams’ first line match closely and I think secondary scoring will be the difference in this series and the Stampede seems to have better second and third line.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Code:
Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

Calgary would I think prove to be a tough draw for either of these teams. If goalie Kata Vilde can get hot he is capable of carrying his team to the finals like he did last season so I think the Dragons would be a tough draw for either.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Quote:Who needs to step up for there team to win?

I think if Calgary wants to win, they will definitely need McGavin, Izzy and Driftwood to play big minutes to be able to turn the fate of a game in their favor. Two players are above the trio in terms of minutes played, and while Jones and Maksimov produced some decent numbers, Calgary will need to have their three best players to play as much as they can.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Code:

Dragons - Blizzard

I think this will actually be an exciting match up for the teams involved. Both have serious potential to use the momentum from this series to go on a cup run. Both have elite talents that should make for some wild games. I think in the end Cal will slightly edge out Edm by the end of the series.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019, 05:44 PM by ImShiny.)

Code:
Code:

I would choose to go to Calgary and watch the Dragons and the Blizzard compete in the wildcard. Obviously, I'm going to be repping my Czech boi Bernik Vrzala on my back. The man is a defensive god and I hope to see him advance far into the playoffs.

@Off

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Code:

Obviously the only right move right here is selling these tickets at jacked up prices to afford more training. And then trading the jersey for a Tampa Bay Barracuda Nickolas Klaus jersey @Noble

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Quote:Who needs to step up for there team to win?

Willy Mack for EDM needs to step it up. He's boasting a -18 +/- , 26 points, and a 6.2 shooting % while playing over 1000 minutes. People with equal minutes have double the points to flaunt while having positive or at bare minimum zero +-/. He is no doubt hurting his team with his performance and needs to up his game for the blizzard to continue on, or else they'll hit the golf courses early.

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

Code:

Obviously a Calgary vs New Orleans match up would be a good one, lots of connections between the two teams and they've narrowly avoided each other in the past few post-seasons. A playoff match up is inevitable and it could happen this season. Nola has the advantage down the middle in terms depth but Calgary matches up pretty well everywhere else. I think it would be exciting.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite