Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S48)

Code:
Code:
How do you see either series playing out?

In the west I think Calgary's experience here will help them squeak out a closely contested series. 
In the east I think Buffalo's depth will overwhelm Toronto and secure the series in relatively short order.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

Who needs to step up for there team to win?

Willy Mack needs to step his game up if Edmonton is going to win this. He had a really slow season but near the end of the year he seemed to find some great chemistry and hopefully that continues into the playoffs. Calgary is deep and the Blizzard will need secondary scoring to win the series.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Calgary and Edmonton is likely going to be the more physical series with the rivalry between them and I expect them to go the distance and end in 7.

Buffalo and Toronto will also be a strong battle but I see the series ending in 5 games.

Code:

Brady McIntyre has been the key to the Edmonton Blizzard's success in recent seasons. The star defenseman drives the Blizzard from the blue line and the Blizzard will be hoping for some extra offense out of the world class skater. His slap shot has been off this season but he needs to get it right for the Blizzard to go far in these playoffs.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

I can definitely see a high-powered Toronto offense, led by Mikhail Lokitonov and Anders Christiansen, generating a crap ton of shots on Benjamin Blue if they win the wild card.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Buffalo needs McCool to step up big if they want to make any headway this post season. He played a big minute for buffalo and if they want to get anywhere they are going to need him to keep that up!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Code:

For the Edmonton  Blizzard and Calgary  Dragons i see this being an extremely close and tight knit battle that will push both teams to their very limit. I expect games to not have more than one goal differentials and ultimately I see that the  Blizzard taking this series in 6 games against the  Dragons

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

I'm going to Edmonton! Screw Calgary. Calgary can go to Pluto as far as I'm concerned. Edmonton will prevail! Hey, it's okay to base opinions on emotions here, right? As for a free jersey, nah, those are worth all the money in the world. I'd pay a quadrillion dollars just to get my hands on one of the Blizzard jerseys. It's worth it. Honest. Now, as I'm standing outside Calgary's rink... where's the flammable liquid? I need to pour it onto the rink.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Code:
Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

I think the Dragons match up well against Nola considering they always seem to overcome the odds and advance into the postseason no matter what. Some kinda black magic I'm sure.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

07-11-2019, 09:20 PMtweedledunn Wrote:
Code:
Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

I think the Dragons match up well against Nola considering they always seem to overcome the odds and advance into the postseason no matter what. Some kinda black magic I'm sure.

PEP’s = Performance Enhancing Parms.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Chris York need to step up for the Stars in this series. Toronto's top player is undoubtedly Mikhail Lokitinov, but Toronto needs their depth players to show up. York is the veteran voice on the team, and has championship experience from S35. He's not the superstar he used to be, but he can still put the puck in the back of the net.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

I mean, firstly, Nikolai Evans is royalty. He doesn't call into a radio show to get playoff tickets, he calls VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE to get them. None of that nosebleed nonsense, either.

With that said, he probably would have given the tickets to his dad, who would have taken a Alexis Metzler jersey and cheered on his former Falcons teammate.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I think if nobody picks their boogers then there's a solid chance for Buffalo to get a win in 3 or 9 games, but if those boogers come out, it's bad new for Toronto. Unless they're very bloody and distracting to stampede players, I'm not sure they can pull it off.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

What players are keeping their opponents GM's up at night in this match up?

In the Buffalo Stampede versus Toronto Stars wild card match up I feel that Mikhail Lokitonov gives the boys in blue a decided edge. With his over a point per game pace and large amount of ice time logged he is near impossible to contain.

Code:

I would want tickets to the Edmonton Calgary Game in Calgary. My reasoning behind this is I have had players play for both teams aswell as the fact that it is the battle of Alberta. As for the jersey i would select Mike Izzy's Jersey @Mike Izzy as My current player, Atlas Rush is also a power forward and Mike Izzy is his idol. With that said i would only wear his jersey for one period as I will have also brought two more Jersey's to wear in the Second and Third Period. In the Second period i will wear a Classic Dragon's jersey and former Dragons Star Kari Barkov @O4L . In the third period I will dawn the Jersey of none other than one of the greatest Dragons to ever play, Esa Anrikkanen @Steelhead77

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates