Create Account

Kalju comments on PenKnight case

07-11-2019, 07:19 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
07-11-2019, 07:17 PMjRuutu Wrote: There are not that many good ones in Finland either, shame really when they shovel piss poor product down your mouth if you want to watch.

Yeah, I have wanted to be a Hockey Announcer for awhile just getting into it.

That´s cool! Never too many actually good ones out there.

07-11-2019, 06:34 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:29 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: nah that is just straight up wrong. Some opinions are inherently more wrong and harmful than others. His opinion that I don't deserve the same rights and opportunities because I am a woman is inherently more harmful than my opinion that his opinion is bad. If I was saying he was a garbage person because he doesn't like pineapple on pizza, that would be intolerant of me. He's saying I don't deserve to have certain things based on the fact that I am a woman. That's wrong, and I have the right to say it is.

If he had held this bad opinion, and then realized it was wrong and apologized, I wouldn't have a problem with him. This opinion of his is not in the past tense. This is a harmful idea he is perpetuating in the here and now.

But pot meet kettle both black. It is also wrong to solely judge him, and base a person off probably their background because a person has a certain opinion based on a certain time set. I by no means agree with PK. Which is okay, but I'm also not gonna judge him very harshly based on his opinion.

What? What else are you going to judge them by?

If you think someone can't or shouldn't do something because of their sex, unless it something factual like a male having a baby, that's sexist. Why is it wrong to think poorly of someone for being sexist? Because it means I discriminate against sexist people? I mean sure if you want to tell someone I don't like sexist people go right ahead. It's true.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019, 08:31 PM by Grapehead.)

07-11-2019, 06:22 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:19 PMGrapehead Wrote: I don't think anyone should be judging announcers by their gender. It's not right.

Okay, I would partly agree with you. But you judging him makes you practically the same person.

2 Wrongs don't make a right.

Those are not even a little bit the same dude! I'm judging a person for sexist comments and opinions they hold, he's judging a person based on their very existence. Fuck off with this shit dude. If you fought this hard to protect people who are marginalized by these types of sexist views, then you'd actually be doing good for the world, but instead you find the best use of your time is to defend someone's right to say and think sexist shit? Seriously?

EDIT: Just for clarity's sake, I don't think penknight needs to be crucified or anything, but I think it's entirely appropriate to call out these type of comments, because that shit is easy to internalize.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

07-11-2019, 08:23 PMGrapehead Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:22 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: Okay, I would partly agree with you. But you judging him makes you practically the same person.

2 Wrongs don't make a right.

Those are not even a little bit the same dude! I'm judging a person for sexist comments and opinions they hold, he's judging a person based on their very existence. Fuck off with this shit dude. If you fought this hard to protect people who are marginalized by these types of sexist views, then you'd actually be doing good for the world, but instead you find the best use of your time is to defend someone's right to say and think sexist shit? Seriously?

By no way am I protecting him, but I have already made a comment that I will not be apart of this argument anymore. I'm only saying how immature it is to do this when there is no reason for it. All this is doing is saying hey this guy is a bad person because he has an opinion. We should ban him. If that was the case then we should probably Ban Trump from being in the country then shouldn't we?

#free@PenKnight

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

There is one female announcer I dislike commentating and that is Cassie Campbell. Nothing to do with her gender or anything, but it has all to do with the “analysis” or lack thereof when she commentates. Same reason I am not a fan of Rick Ball and a few other of the SportsNet guys

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates