Create Account

S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 08:00 PM by ViN.)

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

[Image: ta02mi6.png]
@King

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

I have a lot of love in my heart for many of my SHL compadres. I could never name all the folks I have grown to like and admire around here. The list is too long and too many years have gone by for me to possibly remember everybody. The best I can do is to name a few of them and beg the forgiveness of the rest. @.bojo was my first GM and one of the first friends I made on this site. @Ohtaay was my first true mentor on this site and helped me in innumerable ways. @Avakael has been my funny and wise Eeyore for a long time now. @ztevans hopefully knows how I feel about him without too much explanation. @Mike Izzy is my confidant and sounding board and a true friend. @Rich is as constant and dependable as anyone I have found on this site and I admire him greatly. @Pris left my orbit some time ago and doesn’t waste any time with me these days but I wish her all the happiness and laughter this world has to offer.

I would go on but frankly, I’m already way past 150 words and there are around 100 people still to go, so screw it. This will do for now.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 08:04 PM by bana.)

- Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I think over the long period of time I've had on this site, I've had a lot of emotions. I joined the Simulation Hockey League around Season 3 or 4 I believe and even happened to do so with someone who I talk too quite often still (because we are the commissioners of a league equivalent to the SMJHL together). Even without trying to get into telling you about one of the best moments, starting out on the site could essentially be told as one. Thinking back, that first player and everything was so exciting. No matter what site I enjoy more between the 2 (I enjoy the VHL more than the SHL if it matters), the SHL will always be the start of my "player simulation" days. I had already been doing "GM simulation" leagues throughout the early days.

On this site, well, you know how it can be some days on here. I was much younger, a little less mature and sometimes a wild card on here. The internet is a weird place. Tone is hard to reacher and at times, words are easier to say. I had my first GMing stint with the Hamilton Steelhawks from around S17-22 or something like that and during those times, the Steelhawks were very strong contenders. LVShark was getting extremely busy and we kept managing to put forth an amazing team. It really looked like I was eventually going to become the full GM. Then, unfortunately, due to being so addicted to the league (thinking back, it may have been a factor) in terms of having fun and me having a fire inside of my on the SHL, it caused to to make an mistake. I tampered, got caught and got fucked up. Those were basically the final days I really ever full enjoyed on the site. NowI feel judged and disliked for something that happened so many seasons and years ago.

However, lately I have been enjoying it so much more. I don't discord much for the SHL but I do HEAVILY miss the Forum LR's. I'm excited to see if this player can compare to Jakobsen. I know his start is slower but that doesn't mean a big much considering I also flopped with Jakobsen towards the end.

150+ words

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Oh boy where do I start?

Let's kick it off with the man terror from the void that drafted me @"luketd" . I can thank him for drafting me into what is probably the best LR on this site, and probably the only reason I've stayed active.

My Whaler boys are something special. We've got the vets @aaronwilson @dmills3 @SecondSucks22 @Otrebor13 (finally remembered your god damn username), got my fellow draftees/FAs @C9Van @TheFlash @Bruins10 and I'll give a shoutout to the rookies @Nokazoa and Static (but I don't know his username)

Also the Alumni in there like @Leppish.

The LR is honestly the best part of being on this site. Everyone there is friendly and shoots the shit all the time. So, big props to the Whaler's GMs for drafting such a great culture.

And of course I'd like to give a big shoutout to the dev squad @DrunkenTeddy, @esilverm, @.bojo and @caltroit_red_flames. You guys have helped me by answering my billion questions about the updating rules because god damn there are so many of them.

[Image: nubbedindaribs.gif]

Most of the older people I knew from the early seasons are all gone. The few that remain helped make this a place that I wanted to come back to once I had the time. So for that I appreciate them. The only ones I can think of that are active right now are @Wasty and @Boomcheck if I missed you, know that I love you and we can still be friends if you want lol.

As for now I would have to say I was really bummed to say goodbye to some of the SFP locker room. Those guys were a fun group and finding out I had to hit the expansion draft was crushing but to their credit they made the transition as a person and a user very smooth and kept me in the loop on everything. So for that I appreciate @Grapehead @tweedledunn @Beaver @King even though I give him so much shit about being soft and anyone else I missed.

Then we come to my current and likely final family for Stevenson Jr. I use the word family because Joe has made it clear that is how he wants the locker room to be. For as much as I was upset over stuff the last season Joe was always there to blow up my inbox asking how he could help. They are a fun group of guys and hopefully we can put it all together in S49 and get the Cup. Thank you to @JKortesi81 @TheDangaZone @SlashACM @CptSquall @Nictox @Serpe x 13 @Evok @Darkened_Rose_16 @slothfacekilla @Clint Eastwood @Huck24 @majesiu @Tlk742 for the good LR atmosphere that keeps me interested in the site.

Last but not least we have the only person from the site other than @Darkened_Rose_16. @Blastmeaway other than being a snitch Wink you have been a great friend to me and @Darkened_Rose_16. Meeting you at the playoff games between the Chiefs and Winterhawks was awesome and a memory that will keep the SHL in my mind forever (You know, since the Hawks only won that one game :( lol). You brought me in to Czechia and helped keep me active when I wanted to quit and walk away. So for that, I appreciate you man.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 09:42 PM by sköldpaddor.)

Code:

There are a lot of people who have made my time thus far on the site a lot of fun. (The whole Knights locker room, the whole Barracuda locker room, even the Colorado Raptors, who have been nothing but nice to me even though I played there less than a week). But for this particular thing, I want to shoutout the guys in my draft class, because we've had a great time from the start (at least I have anyway, don't tell me if you guys have been miserable). In particular, I want to mention @SecondSucks22, @SDCore , @Julio Tokolosh, and @Fordyford. We all have fun and we all give each other a lot of shit and we’re all on different teams but they are a great group of dudes and I’m glad to have the chance to play imaginary hockey with them.

I also want to mention everybody on team Sweden - we don’t all talk as much but everybody in there has been great (from giving me little tips on my Swedish to just general chit chat), and especially  @MCP_  who I did one round of GMing with for WJC before realizing I am useless as a GM thanks to not having a computer that wants to play nice with the sim (but soon we’ll get to play together for the Barracuda!). 

P.S. ALSO @tedlamotors for all the fun our dumb boys have on Twitter. Smile

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Code:
Yes, and it was everyone in the Kelowna discord ( @Zoone16 @sköldpaddor @micool132 @soyna87 @NJBadApple and many more, sorry for not tagging each and everyone of you ). When I started my account few months ago, I didn't think that I would have made it far. I thought that I would end up being bored and give up by the summer. But I was wrong. I was positively surprised by how friendly and welcoming everyone was in the server. It definitely helped me carry on and gave me a reason to come back on the website and do my updates every week. It's a server that is always chill and positive. I've never felt like anyone is there just to piss off people. I kinda feel bad that I don't contribute that much to the activity of the server because of work, but I still enjoy being there. They definitely made my first experience better and I'm grateful that they drafted me. I wish that kind of experience to every new comers.

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

I owe a lot of people a lot of thank yous for helping me regain interest in the SHL again. I want to first thank @Nictox and @TML for drafting me and drafting me with high expections and not putting my past over the future potential I had. Being a crow really helped me gain interest again in the SHL and I was surrounded by many teammates and former alums in the discord that made me feel welcomed. I will forget to name some people but @Fever @Slash @Scruff @esilverm and the many more great players both inactive and active that helped the crows win several cups in a short span. I was sad when I had to go up to the big leagues but I also had some great teammates and I want to tahnk @TDZ and @JoeK for drafting me and once again trusting me with being the future of the defensive core of the franchise. I also have had good encounters with several tammates such as Slash, CPTSqrualls, @Evok (our favorite frenchie) @Bwill @blast (the neighborhood updater who doesnt update) and I cant forget @obsiden and RIP PK.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

So far in the league, @Obsidian311 and @Blastmeaway that I have met. Obsidian being my fiance makes that one pretty obvious. He has been a great help and support throughout me trying to learn everything. I still struggle but he helps me anyway. He is always answering my dumb questions that I have already asked. He makes sure the remind me of the things going on in the league. He fought to get me to the Specters and stood by me through my fit about the draft. He is amazing!

Blast is a really chill guy that was awesome enough to hook us up with Amazing tickets to a couple of playoff games last year. He was fun to chill with after everything was over. Even in the league he has been chill. Have a question... ask Blast lol. 

I guess I should also shout out to @JKortesi81 for finding a way to make the trades necessary to get me to NOLA. I know Obsidian didn't make it easy, as I didn't make it easy on him. 

Thank you guys for the help and support!

[Image: Tadisko.png]

Code:
- Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I have been a part of the SHL community since Season 4 so there have been many enjoyable moments for me from my first SMJHL draft (NWJHL at that time) to my first SHL draft, going 48th overall in the 5th round to the Winnipeg Jets, to my first SMJHL and SHL playoff experiences as well as having the chance to GM both in the SMJHL with the Kelowna Knights and at the SHL level with the New England Wolfpack. Enjoyable individual accomplishments for myself include winning the top goalie award in six of my seven season as a starting SHL goalie with my first gen, including four in a row, where no goalie before or after had won more than three consecutive and thereafter, the award being named after my player as well as winning SHL championships in SEason 7, 23 and 44 with Winnipeg and New England as well as SMJHL championships in Season 13 with Montreal, Season 30 with Halifax and Season 46 with St. Louis as well as Season 11 with Kelowna in a management role. With that being said, my fondest memory would have to be that first Challenge Cup in Season 7 with the Winnipeg Jets. I remember it like it was yesterday, being in tough against the defending cup champions in the opening round of the playoffs, down 3-2 to the Los Angeles Panthers. We fought back and not only took the final two games of the series, but we reeled off ten straight victories, sweeping both our second round opponent (which i believe was the Calgary Dragons) as well as the Hamilton Steelhawks in the Challenge Cup Finals. McBride allowed very few goals in those final ten games and was named the playoff MVP. @Leafs4ever and @teztify are the only members from that team aside from myself left on the site i believe.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

PBE PT

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

One of my most enjoyable moments that I have had on the simulation hockey league web page and community is when my simulation hockey league player Gary Grease was drafted to the simulation major junior hockey league team known as the Colorado Mammoths back in the season thirty eight simulation major junior hockey league draft. I had only been on the website known as the simulation hockey league for a week or so, but I was very excited to see where my character Gary Grease ended up, as there was 8 potential teams in the simulation major junior hockey league that I could be drafted to at the time. In the end I ended up getting drafted to the simulation major junior hockey league team known as the colorado mammoths in the third round, which was very exciting. My draft had a lot of players in it, I think a hundred or so, so it was very cool getting taken in the first few rounds.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 09:57 PM by Kylrad.)

After being on the site for about 7 years (too long) i've met tons of great people , seen many great posts and had many enjoyable moments, It's tough to pick one moment that was most enjoyable but one of the moments that was definitely the best in my SHL career was winning my first cup in S17 with the Los Angeles Panthers. I was drafted by the Panthers in S12 and the team was in a pretty bad place when I first got their with tons of members having just left or been traded after their former glory of winning the cup in their expansion year (or soon after). The team had barely any actives when i got there and things didn't get much better for a bit as the team went through several controversies. However eventually a great core was assembled in such a short while full of awesome people all helping leading us to the cup. That time was probably one of the moments I had the most fun on the site and it wasn't just winning the cup but the whole playoff run beating EDM then TEX and then TOR that made it all the more special.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]