Create Account

S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

@Acsolap Thank you for bringing me onto the best team in the J. You've always been there to help me and my classmates, and together with some of the alumni you've constructed a legitimately great locker room. I get along with everyone here, and some of the guys like @Gwdjohnson and @DaftRaincloud are dudes I hope I can stay friends with for the rest of my career.

@Jenny You've been the only captain I've known here in Anchorage. Though you don't show up often to chat, whenever you do it's an overwhelmingly positive experience and you're always kind and generous. All jokes aside about me being your enforcer, yours is the type of leadership I one day hope I can embody in Anchorage, the big show or for my IIHF team.

@Tomen Danke für all deine Hilfe. Thank you for helping me move IIHF federations, but more importantly thank you for being around to chat, your overwhelming amount of knowledge about the SHL, and for helping me practice my German. Can't wait to play with you on die Mannschaft.

@ml002 Thanks for carrying me to that Apex dub. That's it. I'm kidding man, you're a great person to have around in the dressing room, especially when you have somebody to play the straight man to some of your antics.

@Tomasnz You were the person who turned me on to the awards committee, and that's a job I enjoyed doing very much. You've been supportive of the dressing room as a whole and we joke about it all the time, but you really are as close as we can get to an SHL father figure. Nobody wants to disappoint their dad.

To @Mac and @ej27 thanks for being around, especially in the last few days, to share all sorts of terrible stories and embarrassing moments with us. Stuff like that is really endearing and helps make the locker room feel more like a home. You guys are as much family as anybody else.

@hotdog Last (and certainly least) is this absolute clown. When hotdog isn't busy cyberbullying our rookies or exposing himself to us on selfie day, hotdog is a great guy to have around. He's active in the locker room and keeps up with all of the rookies and send downs, he's part of lots of inside jokes. hotdog is also our part time record keeper in the locker room and you can always count on his recaps every night sifting through a thousand messages to find a few diamonds in the rough.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Quote:- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Basicly anyone that was on old new, appreciate the heck outta all of ya, thanks for the memories even when they werent so great. LR was always such a friendly place and everyone was down to talk. I`ma have to tag a ton of people and I`m likely going to forget to tag someone, so if you were on the NEW squad between basicly S27-S41ish and I didnt tag you thats because I dont like you (but actually not) or because you are IA or because my memory is wack. Y`all are probably the reason I`m still chilling around to date because of how great of a LR we always had.

@Jenny @bilbo @storm @Juice fuck I dont know how to tag ya just know i love ya @Jepox @Evok @Toivo @green @prettyburn people like Rich, tim, lil, jay y`all IA but ya good folk.

Special shoutout to the eggman himself @Eggy216 because he talks to me from time to time and gets his ass handed to him when he plays my Mario Maker levels and he hands my ass to me when we play magic. Which we havent done in a while and should probably do again at some point.

@Tomen for tomen is euro bae and my og stalker back when I simmed.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

I think my most enjoyable moment was back in S22 when I was drafted. I know there was a big controversy with my player because I wanted to play for Minnesota and only Minnesota at the time (I was new and wanted to be on the same team as my now husband), but it was cool to still get picked in the first round and everyone in the Minnesota locker room was super supportive. @EuroCap was a good member at the time, and JT (I don't know what his name is since apparently he isn't around anymore) really did a good job getting me acclimated to the whole SHL environment, which was definitely different than the juniors. I think those first few seasons were really cool, cause I remember the first season I played we made the playoffs and we had playoff avatars done for the whole team which was a really cool team building experience.

I've been on the site for a year as of last week. I had no idea that it would lead to some great friendships when I signed up, but that is exactly what happened. So here are some slightly over 1 year anniversary shoutouts.

First of all, thanks to @Waters and @TheWoZy for bringing me to Detroit. The Falcons have given me a ton, from being able to have a good junior career with my player to providing a ladder that led to me becoming the GM of the team. I was part of a legendary Falcons draft class including @Mayuu @Fantobens @Snussu @mcgriddleluver and @grok and I can't imagine a better group of guys to come into the league with. As a GM I've had the pleasure to draft and sign a number of awesome people, and it's been an amazing experience - I owe it all to those guys for taking a chance on me early in a big reddit draft.

Similarly, I want to shout out @DrunkenTeddy and @Sleepy for bringing me to Hamilton. It's there I got to become good friends with so many more amazing people like @nour and @adamantium and many others. Hallsy is ok too I guess @"ThatDamnMcJesus"

I've met a ton of amazing people in my year on the site, so here's to a few more

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Quote: Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I've met quite a few people I've become quite friendly with and enjoy the company of from this site. At first I wasn't sure how to feel, being an older member than many and having a different mindset, I figured I'd once again fizzle out as I did with my first player, but there were quite a few members I met here that changed my opinion on that:

@adamantium & @Glyc These two guys took a chance drafting me in the J in S43, knowing i fizzled out before, and their management style, along with the coaching of a great guy like @"luketd" are a big reason why I'm still here today, a meddling 1K TPE player with league jobs and a involved presence with the locker rooms and community.

@JayWhy Another guy that took a huge risk on me, not knowing how I would pan out. I dropped in the S44 SHL draft, and I assume a lot of it had to do with my prior ghosting. JY stepped up and made a big pick with me hoping it would pan out, and is someone  enjoy talking to and podcasting with these days. It's a big reason why Manhattan is a place I love to call home.

@StamkosFan One of the best dudes I've met and a good friend. We've had a lot of talks, SHL related and not, with each other and this guy is a genuine great human being. And with his starting a new league (CHL) and inviting me to help him with it, I couldn't say no to him. If you know him, you love him

@BadWolf My wife is getting her hair done again soon, I know you love the updates!  Laughing

@Mike Izzy Ever since I joined the PT team me and this guy have had a great back and forth about anything and everything related to keeping the PT tasks fun and engaging for members of the site. I feel like we've done a fantastic job of this and I hope we can continue this sort of success together with the amazing team he's built.

I could probably tag a shit ton more guys I love in every locker room I'm in, there's just so many fun people to be around, and I'm sorry if I missed you. But finally I'd liek to tag someone I don't have as much interaction with these days but is also a huge reason I came back and stuck with it the second time.

@Pris your patience and ability to help without making me feel stupid when I needed it was huge for me and it's people like you that make rookies feel important and welcome in this league. Please never change, you're too good for all of us!

Tell us about some of your favorite SHL posts of all time. what were they about? what did you enjoy about them? how did they turn out!?

Honestly, two spring to my mind instantly. I cannot for the life of me find the media stat thread nor what user on here did it but he showed out of my draft class last season who were the top TPE earning players based off when they joined rather than having the benefit of just joining at a better time and it proved I was in the top 10 in the class. Made me prove and justify I am 1 of the better players that people could've picked rather than going so low.

The other being @PenKnight 's 3000 word media on me. Felt good to have the spotlight on me that was not forced whatsoever lol 

[117 Words]

Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them!

I mean. Appreciate is quite a strong word. The only person I can really say I actually appreciate is @aaronwilson cause he genuinely helps out way more than he even needs too. I like everyone in the Team UK and Vancouver Whaler/Minnesota Chief locker room but I would not say we are friends. It is more acquaintances than anything else. 

At an extreme push, I do appreciate PenKnight (Already previously tagged so not double tagging) as well. He seems to read and enjoy my stuff which is lovely. Excluding these I cannot say I appreciate the Simulation Hockey League whatsoever really. It is just an okay league with alright people in it otherwise.

[111 words]

[218 words total]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Code:
Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

What some people might know or might not know was that I was around the SHL around S3 or S6, I can not remember correctly. And when my player was around, Claudio Krejci, he was actually drafted pretty high up to the Winnipeg Jets. I still feel bad about going inactive and not being effective as I could have been but I was really grateful for the team that picked me and especially @Leafs4ever who was the GM of the Jets at the time. I learnt a lot from him and how to run a team aswell as being commish, so much to the point where I was VHLM Commish in the VHL and I ended up being a GM for one of the teams in the other league. It might not look like much but what he did always interested me and kind of put me in a spot to pursue it and try being either a commish or a GM, and I ended up trying both. (I find GM is more fun cause of the interactions you have with everyone and there is less people b*tching at you when you make a decision).

I guess you can not say it has a direct impact on what was enjoyable on this site but being drafted by the Jets was something that I enjoyed during my time here and it lead me other places in other sites and leagues. So hats off to you Leafs4ever, you brushed off on me all the way back in 2012 when you took me and played me alongside Ron Mexico

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 08:40 PM by ImShiny.)

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I have met a lot of friendly and amazing people in the SHL. Some people have stood out to me and have become my friends. To start off @39alaska39  is probably the nicest person on the site. He is always someone you can talk to about almost anything. He also is willing to help new players with their builds and works very hard on the site.  Another person would be @JayWhy. JayWhy has been one of the nicest people I have met on the site. He has been so helpful with my player build and has numerous times restored my motivation into the SHL. We are able to yell at each and have a good time while doing it. Even though he's probably going to trade me, I know there are no hard feelings(sort of)The last person would be @Blastmeaway. Blast was one of the first people oi help me with my build and to get used to the site. He was very patient with me and is a person who is easy to talk to. I can not leave out some of the groups that have made my time here special. The Kelowna team, Czech National Team, and the Manhattan Rage have been some of the nicest group of people I have ever encounter. All the Gm’s are super helpful like @Zoone16, @NJBadApple, @caltroit_red_flames , and @GeckoeyGecko (surprisingly). Everyone apart of these teams are so funny and nice to each other and has made my time on the site special!

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 08:53 PM by bluesfan55.)

Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I first met @"cpetrella" when he signed for the Crows in S35. We were both rookies, new to the site. And we hit it off kinda instantly. The Stanley Cup Finals tested our friendship but he's been one of my best friends on the site since we've met. There's a reason why I write about his player in the PTs all the time.
Speaking of St. Louis, guys like @TML99, @JKortesi81, @BruinsFanatic100, and many, many more have all be fantastic GMs and teammates. The Crows alums are all so close due to the way Joe and Ryan have run the franchise.
All of the fuckin S36 class is pretty close. @prettyburn, @artermis, @TheDangaZone, @Ace, @nour, @Evok, @Clint Eastwood, and @Waters are all pretty fucking rad people and there's a reason why the S36 discord was pretty active much after we all got drafted.
Most of my teammates in San Francisco, and past teammates in general, are pretty special guys too. @karlssens, @Grapehead, @tweedledunn, @ml002, @Nobody, @Dangles13, @Blastmeaway, @Muerto, @Mack, @"TommySalami", @ErM, @ej27, @bilbo, and many more who I'll refrain from tagging, have all been fantastic teammates and great friends to me over the two years (!!!) that I've been on the SHL.
And how can I forget guys like @SlashACM, @MCP_, @efiug, @esilverm, @caltroit_red_flames, @"luketd", @Good_Ole_Kimmy, @FuzzSHL @MyLittleHexx, and @Nictox, who I'd consider some of my very closest friends on the site and on discord. Everybody I've mentioned have not only been close to me for a while, but they've helped me grow into the person, online and offline, that I am today. I joined the site at the age of 13. I was immature, unused to hearing curse words, and basically a weird kid on the internet. These people have helped me change for the better and helped mature me. And for that, I'm thankful.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 09:43 PM by PenKnight.)

Code:
Tell us about some of your favorite SHL posts of all time. what were they about? what did you enjoy about them? how did they turn out!? (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)
(193 Word Count)

I enjoy the time that 2x Media rolls around for Draft Week. Not only because everyone gets the chance to earn massive cash but because the Media Sections are being flooded with a ton of content. I like to read most of it. I think Lazlo-42 could of been considered highly controversial, the way I read the interview, but I didn't see any complaints about it. Personally, I enjoyed the content and character. No article or interview can compare, in my opinion, when those two personalities and cult members square off with one another. I can not wait till another installment but I understand that @C9Van doesn't want to bring that gem out very often. He has to hold onto it and only bring it out on rare occasions so that it remains special, which it is. Also highly entertaining and comedy gold or genius to me. The member is also smart in only publishing articles during the multiplied week since that is when media has the most value. Well Done and Gods Speed to C9Van and 41 and 42 as I am always looking to see if they have published another article.

@ImShiny
@bluesfan55

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

I have met a lot of great people and great friends on the SHL and sim leagues in general from my 'Crows brothers to my fantastic teammates in Edmonton. Without those guys, I would not be this active in sim leagues and I probably would have gone inactive at some point. But at this point, I can truly say that my best friends on the SHL and in sim leagues in general is the Nipple Nuggey squad. The discord is just a cesspool of shitposts and dumb memes but I wouldn't have it any other way. We are all really close in there and there's always voice chats going on literally every single day, whether it be for gaming or just chatting. Nipple Nuggey is a great place where I get to talk to my best friends on here every day and it's where I spend my most time in discord. Shoutouts to @SlashACM @"luketd" @caltroit_red_flames @Blastmeaway @MyLittleHexx @Clint Eastwood @bluesfan55 @Good_Ole_Kimmy @efiug @nykonax @esilverm @Pingy Pingu @FuzzSHL @Serpe x 13 @Scrufdaddy @Nictox and @MCP_ ( @Dude too, we love and miss you man, hope all is well) <3

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate
them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I was not expecting to meet this many people when I signed up for this site. Quite honestly, I expected it to be something I signed up for and got excited for, but would burn out of fairly quick and not have a whole lot of interaction. Boy was I wrong. My draft week I talked to site veterans such as @39alaska39, @"luketd", and @JKortesi81. I had quite a few good conversations with each of them and got excited for the draft. Draft day comes around, and I fall behind wher eI thought I might go. Two picks later and St Louis swooped in and grabbed me up. Apparently they were really excited to get me, and boy was I excited to be there. This is where things really look off. @SlashACM, @"cpetrella", @Blastmeaway, @Nictox, @bluesfan55, @TML99, and @TheDangaZone all instantly made their marks on me. If it wasn't for the outpouring of welcome and support from the St Louis locker room, I might not be here writing this right now. For that, I have @"luketd", and more importantly @JKortesi81, to thanks. To Luke, thank you for making the biggest mistake of your SMJHL GM'ing career in passing on me, and I have Joe to thank for so many more reasons I will list down below. TDZ was one of the rookie mentors that helped me get my feet on the ground in getting onto the site and he's been one of the first guys I've gone to for advice ever since I saw his name in the St Louis locker room. Bloos, Blast, Slash, and Trella are all people I talk to and play games with almost on the daily. Shoutout to @Blastmeaway and @SlashACM for sitting in discord talking with me as I write this. Anywho...

My rookie class was a good one. Before the draft, @TnlAstatine and I had countless conversations about how we were gonna tear up the SHL. Luffy, we might have not ended up on the same team, but may our friendly rivalry last until regression kills both of us. After the draft once I made it to the locker room, my future assistant-captain and biggest draft steal of all time @gordieboom and I hit it off. He never fails to send that ol' reliable "Morning!" message at ~2am. I may have started to slack off, but you sure haven't, and I will be forever thankful for all the conversations we had in St Louis. The draft may have split up the dynamic duo, but St Louis will never forget.

In the dying seasons in the SMJHL for Foxy, I ran into some of the returning vets that helped me take that next step. @esilverm, @fever95, @jjlangabeer, and @Serpe x 13 all made my last season in St Louis a memorable one, and its been an absolute pleasure to know and talk to you all.

Now, nearing a way-too-long appreciation post, I'm finally going to get to the two people who have made the biggest impact on me on this site: @JKortesi81 and @Scrufdaddy. Scruff was the St Louis captain when I was first drafted. I somewhat quiet defenseman, he went out of his way to make sure every rookie felt welcomed. He reached out personally to each one of us and talked to us, making sure we had everything in order before the season started. If we had questions, he made time to help us out. I know I said this before, but I truly believe if it weren't for Scruff, I would've died out that rookie season. Now, I'm the Co- to his Head in Team USA, and all seems right in the world. As for Joe, man, I can't thank you enough. You instilled a confidence in my abilities to succeed that I never thought was possible. You'ce always told me how it is, but you've hyped me up when I've needed it and have given me opportunities on the site that have gotten me more involved with the people I like and the things I enjoy doing. You've helped with builds and articles and your podcasts are always a go-to when I'm on my way out of town, into town, going to work, or just sitting at home. So, just a go-to. I can't adequately put into words the influence Joe and Scruff have had on me, I just might wonderdome the both of ya after this.

I know I've missed a lot of people and didn't give the time and word count to those who deserved more than I wrote, but I'm almost to 900 words and this is a PT for christ's sake.

[Image: 60859_s.gif]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

My run this time as New England Wolfpack GM has been tumultuous, specifically at the start of my tenure. The difficult times are finally over, and now I can say that we're the closest to contention that we've been in my career with the Pack. That's only due to the hard work and buy in from the members of my team. I am immensely appreciative to all of the Pack players, but specifically to @Mavfatha, @Moosecop, @Raven and @"AndrewWarren13". These four guys were in the fold when I joined the Wolfpack, and remained as all important foundation blocks that allowed me to build around them. Now that we have put the mortar around those stones, we're infinitely closer to our goal. Now we have guys that are invested in the success of New England just as much as their own players. Guys like @"Flareon4043", @goldenglutes, @gordieboom, @hotdog, @bbjygm, @Lunatyck, @The__Y-man__100. It's really awesome to see, and I'm super appreciative of the time and effort the entire team is putting into it.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Code:

@tweedledunn has been my co-GM in San Francisco for a little over a year now, and I can’t post enough comments like this to truly show my appreciation for him. When he came on board I was going through a rough time with my mother’s brain injury, and he helped give the team stability while I was unable to give my full dedication. Tweeds has taken our discord to another level, he’s kept me from jumping head first into some risky trades, he’s been tough when we needed, but mostly just one of the funniest people we have in the LR. His advice and friendship has been nothing short of a blessing to our team, and I’m very thankful for all the time you’ve put into helping build this team up with me. At this point I’m not sure if we’ll ever step down from running this team, but I know we’ll keep the good times rolling in SFP. Here’s to a couple more bud! pride <3

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia