Create Account

Interplanetary Hockey - Episode 7: Triton

Finally, back to my regular schedule of posting on Mondays.

We’re going far away for this one, in orbit around Neptune, the last of the planets.

Triton is unusual. It’s the largest moon of Neptune, just a bit larger than Pluto in size. In fact, it’s pretty much comparable to Pluto in many ways (size, composition, mass, density, etc.), and some have called it a lost twin. The very weird thing about Triton is its orbit. It orbits Neptune the wrong way, and its orbit is tilted relative to Neptune’s equator. Thus, you’d get a good view of Neptune’s north and south poles on Triton.

As for Triton’s surface, it’s cold. It’s one of the coldest objects in the solar system. The moon has a reddish-pink color to it, with nitrogen ice covering most of the surface. It was recently discovered that parts of the surface are actually a mixture of water ice and nitrogen ice. Triton also has a thin nitrogen atmosphere.

The moon also has active geysers and cryovolcanism, making it one of a select few objects in the solar system that are known to be geologically active.

We’re playing Eris, which is another object similar to Triton. Well, believed to be similar. The truth is we don’t know too much about Eris. (I’ll tell you more next week.)

And start! Triton takes the puck and I am falling asleep… zzzz… wait what? Goal? Oh, false alarm. And the… wait, what? Jeez, I need sleep. Everything’s kind of a blur. Is this real or is my mind making things up? 1-0? No, 0-0.

BEEP

Wait, who scored? Was it Eris? Triton? They’re too similar to each other? Oh, Triton. The score is 1-0, guys. Faceoff again, and Eris takes the puck, passes it to him, Triton tries to intercept but… vegetables. I love vegetables. Is that a vegetable on the rink? I want to eat him… vegetab-

Huh? Wha-? Who slapped me? And why am I here? You’re supposed to be- wait, who hired me as the commentator?

2-0! 2-1! 2- “Dude, you’re making up goals!” No I’m not! I, oh the scoreboard still says… I can’t read those numbers now. It’s a giant red blob… the players are vegetables… I need to rest for a while. Tell me the score when it’s over.

4-3, Triton wins. Somehow. Thank you.

Next episode: Eris. After that, Mars (again).

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

smh, cant believe Triton won, they suck

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]