Create Account

Donation Incentive System?

07-20-2019, 12:13 PMDangles13 Wrote: A few ideas I threw out were:
A bonus to all media for a season
Reduce the word limit for PTs for a season
Allow another maxed attribute for the season
One of these is not like the others

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I really dislike the idea of paying real money for shl money. I also echo that if you were to just ask for money people who can will step up without having to tie any sort of tpe/cash award.

Right. If you guys want money/donations, just ask. You won't need to redesign the entire site or give incentives. There are people on the site who will give generously without expecting anything in return.

Thus, I fail to see the need for incentives in the first place.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

I think this could easily turn from "donation incentives" into "pay-to-win" very easily, it's a terribly thin line.... just a friendly reminder. IMO I'm fine without incentives at all, I like the little logo we already use.

1. This should be about rewarding those who have/will spend real $$$ to support the site, NOT about giving them a step ahead of everyone who hasn't.

2. If we really ARE struggling to keep the community afloat, just ask, people will support it. Beating around the bush accomplishes nothing.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

I am super against paying for PT's or just straight up TPE. But I would be okay with donations being able to buy a capped amount of SHL money per season. That way people who hate writing media have another alternative that directly benefits the site. I would have the capped amount somewhere between 4-8M per season that way you cannot pay your way to every training and equipment but can lessen the load of work needed to get money if you do not have a job onsite.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I will add to all those who are saying "if you need money just ask" Are you willing to pledge money right now. Sure it's nice to think everyone would chip in but until it happens, it's not guaranteed. And if it is to cover site maintenance that is a recurring cost and not everyone will want to keep giving money. I'm fine without giving incentives to donate, but I do feel a small one will give people more of a reason to give money.

@SpartanGibbles Not a terrible idea, to be honest.

I am concerned that in the end, we might need to develop a compromise that will make no one happy.

07-20-2019, 12:30 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I will add to all those who are saying "if you need money just ask" Are you willing to pledge money right now. Sure it's nice to think everyone would chip in but until it happens, it's not guaranteed. And if it is to cover site maintenance that is a recurring cost and not everyone will want to keep giving money. I'm fine without giving incentives to donate, but I do feel a small one will give people more of a reason to give money.

29 people have donated to the site, at least that's how many have the badge. I'd like to think that if there was some sort of financial turmoil, more people (and maybe some of the same) would answer the call.

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

07-20-2019, 12:30 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I will add to all those who are saying "if you need money just ask" Are you willing to pledge money right now. Sure it's nice to think everyone would chip in but until it happens, it's not guaranteed. And if it is to cover site maintenance that is a recurring cost and not everyone will want to keep giving money. I'm fine without giving incentives to donate, but I do feel a small one will give people more of a reason to give money.
I can only speak for myself, but yes, I'd be willing to chip in a bit. And moreover, I think what we're arguing is seeing if we could get enough people to donate before we pull any levers that would force some sort of pay to win option. There are some smaller things I wouldn't personally oppose if it came down to it, but why use that option when we haven't tried less extreme ones first?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk

I'm just throwing out ideas at the end of the day. I'd love for there to be no incentives but the world runs on what people can get for their money. I'd be more than willing to donate but I think if we want to make improvements and do anything like advertising the site we would need regular money flow to plan and budget it with. This all depends on HO's plans for the site going forward.

Are we really having to use a last resort at this time?

@Eggy216 Please answer.

Delete this thread. It's in the polls section. There is no poll. HO is a bunch of liars.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

07-20-2019, 12:48 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: Are we really having to use a last resort at this time?

@Eggy216 Please answer.

Recruitment team was talking about ways to boost donations to get us recruits from different areas. Reddit hasn't been as nice to us lately and they wanted to see if we could maybe get some ads somewhere. This is merely a place where we hoped to gather possible ideas but most skipped to OP and instead are complaining about Pay to Win lol.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

07-20-2019, 12:15 PMMike Izzy Wrote: interesting ideas.

let me throw another one into the mix.

What about having a site telethon!

Every XX sesons we dedicate 1 week as donation week.. to start off we get some of our most talented people on the site to donate there time to help create donation packages for members who contribute. Graphic guys to make donation sigs and posters, video guys to create a video package etc .. and then we create a sub section (wall of honors?) for donating members.. with there names highlighted for all to see.

As an example:
- $XX = 1 donation sig, 1 profile badge
- $XX - 1 donation poster with your player on it, 1 donation sig, 1 profile badge
- $XX - Added to the donation wall of honors (subsection) Donation video, 1 donation sig, 1 profile badge

We put up a projected amount wed like to aquire (with explanation to where that money goes) and we follow the amount which has been donated throughout the week...during donation week we can get a host for it... during the week we can run some raffles for SHL money or TPE! (5 dollar donatiuon gets you a raffle ticket!)

We can make money for the site, highlight the members helping and have some fun around it.  #Team_Telethon

I like this for a start. I'm pretty sure, this would raise enough money at the moment. It looks like a lot of people would be willing to chip in. If at any time, this won't be enough, we could still discuss buying SHL money for real $.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

@Dangles13 Advertise elsewhere? Encourage current users to recruit? Really don't know.