Create Account

S48 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 07:22 PM by Tomen.)

Code:
CW TASK: (Written, 3 TPE)
Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)
While there are a ton of people to chose from i would definitely choose the German defender Cassius Darrow @hhh81 having a premier defender to anchor your blueline for multiple seasons to come is the best thing you can have as a franchise. Darrow is a top TPE earner and has a good amount of money in his Bank Account which will provide him for enough Weekly Trainings in his career. HHH is also a SMJHL GM which is another great asset to have because he can give you a quality inside look on Colorado Raptors prospects. The part for which Darrow doesn't get enough credit is his incredible personality which enriches every LR and is another component why he is a great choice to build your franchise around. I fully believe Darrow will have a very successful career with hopefully multiple Stevens awards as well as other individual accolades while hoisting the Cup several times.

Task 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)
Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.
C-LW-RW
D-D
G
Viktor Marius-Lil Manius-Ola Wagstrom
Gary Grease-Tatu Mäkelä
Cedric Robinson

Well since this is supposed to be a fantasy team you need players who will throw around their body and generate a ton of hits which Marius/Manius/Grease and Mäkelä will all do. Afterwards I just choose a homer pick as my goalie with Robinson who already tied the playoff SO record with 4. Next is up is the young player choice which obviously Wagstrom who is a TPE whore and should be able to generate some offense.

2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?
The Buffalo Stampede defender core will just outshine the Jets one because of depth as well as comparable top talent. Grease gets matched mby Mäkelä while McClure II gets matched by Metzler and Scruff is just outclassed by Tanner,Walker and Darrow. The superior depth should win this Cup for Buffalo.

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)
Cedric Moreau is the major contributor to the Jets cup run this season. He managed to post a .937 save percentage which is crazy and this allows the Jets to stay in every game with a potential win because they purely just won't concede as many goals as their opponents. As for another bright spot it's their 2nd line of Scarn-Blunt-Wagstrom which currently posts a +7 in the plus/minus department.

4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)
It's actually more impressive when you think about that the Stampede were only 1 game away from 3 finals in a row. But yeah the success of this franchise is purely thanks to @WannabeFinn he did a great job with turning Buffalo around when he got hired as the GM and formed a championship squad without any FA signings or losses to FA.

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?
If it would be purely goalie vs goalie I'd choose Moreau but Robinson has the better defenders in front of him which should make his job quite easier and allow him to pull away in a head to head matchup over the course of this series against Moreau who will have to face a lethal Stampede offense.

Code:
CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series.
I'd like to remind everyone of the great S30-S33 NEW dynasty especially their cup win in S31 which happened in 5 games against the Edmonton Blizzard which was a rematch from the S30 finals. The Wolfpack had 2 great netminder on their roster with Jakob Tanner and Mikke Laukkanen. Tanner was already a lock for the HoF while Laukkanen was a young and upcoming goalie who would find himself as a fringe HoFer in a weak induction season. The MVP's of this Cup run were Jasper Clayton and Patrikov Bure tho. Clayton was almost PP as a defender while Bure scored 24 Points in 19 Games with 11 Goals. Nathan Russell was a boss in the faceoff circle with posting a 54.24% win percentage in the circles. Edmonton's Winston Windsor was actually a PPG defender for the Blizzard but even his efforts weren't enough to beat the New England dynasty.

Code:
TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. What Buffalo Stampede player recorded a +28 which was the greatest +- number in franchise history?
2. Name 3 players in the Winnipeg Hall of fame
3. Who was Buffalos's 1st round draft pick back in S34?
4. When was the last time the Winnipeg Jets won the Challenge Cup Championship and who was it against?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#ACE of Base" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Done[/code]

NSFL PT : http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...t&p=206206

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 03:01 PM by Segi.)

Code:
Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)

Honestly, the Buffalo Stampede has such a great prospect pool, it's hard to only pick one of them. There's one of the top tpe earners of the S46 class, Monkey D. Luffy (@TnlAstatine ), but he is obviously a scrub. Two much better players to build a team around would be Lallo Selman (@BDonini ) and Nicolaj Muller (@esilverm ). The two S47 wingers are not only the future of the Buffalo Stampede, but also the hope of the whole nation of Switzerland to make their team competitive within the next couple of seasons. Both are very productive on the ice and show great leadership off of it. Selman is the current captain of the Anaheim Outlaws and Muller is helping to run the Swiss federation. To build a team around someone, the player has to be strong on the ice and popular in the locker room. Both Selman and Muller fulfill these criteria.

Code:
For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what you've accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

I think, I've had a pretty decent rookie season. I played on the second pairing and had over 1000 minutes on ice during the whole season. I scored 4 goals and 16 assists, which is something that I definitely want to improve on in the coming seasons. Something that I did already improve on compared to my junior career is the discipline. I stacked up significantly less penalty minutes than in my first three seasons. What I'm also very happy with is my defensive play even though I ended the season on a -11. In total, I got 108 hits and 69 shots blocked which I would have never expected in the beginning of the season. I'm expecting to stay in my 2nd pairing role for another season or two, but with the current status of the Chiefs, I expect to be a first pairing player soon enough. I hope @Shmurph and @Leppish can see my scoring improved during my next contract while my defensive play should at least stay on the current level.

Code:
Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.

2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?

4. Buffalo's GMs @WannabeFinn and @Tomen have managed to get a very good team together over the past several seasons. But as you can currently see, they do also have a great prospect pool, ensuring that they can continue to be among the top SHL teams. It should be no surprise to anyone that a team in this state will not see a fall to the bottom of the standings anytime soon.

Code:
S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script. (*Tag anyone involved)

"Join in this week, when the Winnipeg Jets are facing the Buffalo Stampede in the S48 Challenge Cup final series! Follow live on whatever channel when two teams battle for a cup, they both recently already won! Be a live witness when the 2nd seed of the west will face the eastern number 5 seed! San Francisco! New Orleans! Toronto! Tampa Bay! And West Kendall have already fallen to those two teams that are in great shape. But which one is fitter for this final series? Which players have the better legs, the stronger shots and the superior defensive play? Be there when all is decided and the final goal falls in this Jets vs Stampede final series!"

This hot hype ad will be aired on the next episode of the Nocturnal Emissions podcast, brought to you by your very own @SpartanGibbles. It is the newest and hottest addition to the glorious SHL podcasting world and has listeners around both leagues, always touching on hot and current topics.

Code:
CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [include link to archives]

In S39, the Challenge Cup was decided in a series between the Los Angeles Panthers from the west and the Minnesota Chiefs who were still playing in the eastern conference back then. The Panthers had swept the Calgary Dragons in round one and won the semi final series against the Winnipeg Jets in 6 games. In the east, the Chiefs also had a quick four game series in the first round, sweeping the West Kendall Platoon. In their semi final series, the Chiefs would win against the New England Wolfpack in 5 games and went into the finals with only one game lost. The Chiefs having the better regulas season records would open at home and won a close game 1 3-2 in over time, but game 2 ended in a decisive 1-4 loss. Game 3 was another close one and the home team again managed to get a 3-2 over time win. With their backs to the wall, the Chiefs won game 4 with 3-1 and went on to win games 5 (6-1) and 6 (5-2) very clearly. To this day, this is the only Challenge Cup win for the Minnesota Chiefs.

Code:

1. What Buffalo Stampede player recorded a +28 which was the greatest +- number in franchise history?
4. When was the last time the Winnipeg Jets won the Challenge Cup Championship and who was it against?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#ACE of Base" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
message sent.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 08:10 AM by TheFlash.)

Code:

Nicolaj Muller is the prospect I would chose to build around. He is a S47, so still very early in his career. He has been improving each year in the SMJHL, becoming a full time forward last year and scoring just over 60 points this season! He has a nice build which is clearly working for him. Muller has played on the always competitive St Louis Scarecrows, which will give him the edge over prospects who maybe don't have that culture of winning on their teams. Muller has nearly 600 TPE, which gives him an outside shot at making the Buffalo Stampede next season, but if he's back in the minors, expect him to tear it up once more. He is very active as well which is huge for looking into the future. I think he shapes the image of the franchise by coming in as a proven winner, with a lot of talent. A lot of the times you hear about building around a center, but I think this is a time when I'd make an exception. Muller has a scorer's touch that is only going to improve as the seasons go on.

Code:
For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

I've had a pretty historic season in S48, coming in as an unexpected starter after Daco left the league. We knew I'd cap early on, but I don't think anyone expected me to put up the numbers I did. I set Whalers records for both GAA and Save%, and despite some rocky games in the playoffs, we've made it to the finals! As a capped player, it's hard to "improve" on anything, but I'd like to see myself give a more consistent performance in the playoffs next season. Of course, we made it to the finals so it's hard to argue with that, but I think I had a few rocky games (couple bad ones in round one, game one of round two) that made things a bit harder on the team. My role in S49 will be the starter, as we didn't pick up a young goalie to split starts with me. I expect the team to draft a goalie in the S49 draft and have him split starts with me in S50 before I go up full time.

Code:

ph

Code:
For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)

I originally had made a defenceman in the SMJHL. After a season, I was quite bored with how he was doing so on a whim I decided to make a goalie. Despite some people telling me that goalies were a tough go, I decided to stick it out. I've tried to model my build after successful goalies in the SMJHL (Nadeau was one of the main ones I looked at) but if I had to pick a player in the SHL whose build I'll try and emulate, it'd have to be Bojo, the man I'm working to replace in a few seasons! He's been a top goalie in the league for some time now, and the stats are there to prove that what he's done has worked great. West Kendall Platoon have enjoyed a lot of success and Bojo has been the man between the pipes for much of it. I think if I work hard to copy his game, we won't miss a beat when I take over as the starter in WKP.

Code:
CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [include link to archives]

ph

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 04:01 AM by Katth.)

Quote:CW TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)

For this one I have to choose my old Kelowna Knights buddy, Bobby Sharp (@Nerio). He was a key player in Kelowna for several seasons when he made the jump to the SHL the same time I did. He was able to make his mark in a very talented Buffalo Stampede team who had recently won a cup and are now in the finals again. Bobby Sharp scored 21 points in the regular season, scoring 11 goals and 10 assists. With that he was one of the top rookies in this years SHL season. Besides his on ice performance, he is also a great addition to any locker room. He wears his heart on his sleeve and will always help you with constructive feedback. I have no doubt that Bobby Sharp will be a future star in Buffalo and that the fans are going to love him. I wish him all the best!

Quote:CW TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)

The last season was one with ups and downs. We made the playoffs with the Dragons, but were eliminated in the second round by the New Orleans Specters. I scored my first goal in my very first game in the SHL, but my scoring has not been what I had hoped throughout the season. Of course I only played third line minutes, but I expected a little more. Also defensively I’ve not been my best and I need to be more physical in the future. One area where I think performed pretty good was in the face off circle. I had a > 50% face off percentage, which is not bad for a rookie coming into the SHL. Also my TPE development has been stellar.

I hope for next season that I can simply be better in my current role on the third line and hopefully get some special teams minutes. Other than that, I do whatever @Steelhead77  and @c00kies  ask me to do. I am a teamplayer.

Quote:Task 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)

Stampede Viktor Marius
Jets Jason Visser
Stampede Bobby Sharp
Jets Slip McScruff
Jets Gary Grease
Jets Goaltenders

I choose for these players for my fantasy team because they are hard hitting and scored a ton of points. I also choose the Jets goaltending duo because they had a slight better record than the Stampede. Bobby Sharp is my obvious rookie pick here as my old Kelowna Knight linesmate.

I think the Jets star defenders have a slight edge over the Buffalo ones. The Jets defensemen are more physical than the defensemen of their opponent. We all know that finals can be a battle of skill versus physical play more than in the regular season. That is why I think that the Jets have the edge here.

One of the biggest reasons (and I think the only reason) that the Jets were able to make it to the finals was their goaltending. Cedric Moreau (@treant) has been stellar all playoffs and currently sitting at a .937 save percentage and a 2.03 goal against average. Other than goaltending their PP and PK have been average at best as well as their offensive abilities. So yeah, it’s goaltending that got them here.

Cedric Moreau has the edge over Cedric Robinson, but only slightly. Moreau has a .937 save percentage versus .924 of Robinson. Moreaus goals against average is 2.03 versus 2.19 of Cedric Robinson. So they are very close in terms of performance. Robinson has faced a few shots more. But looking at the previous series, Moreau has been carrying their team all the way to the finals.

Quote:CW TASK 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)

[Image: XAJkSB4.png]

Note: this is sarcasm

Quote:CW TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

Message send

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 04:00 PM by Bruins10.)

Code:

It would be an easy decision for me. I looked at both rosters and prospects pool and the one name that stood out of the bunch would be Cassius Darrow. He is only in his 3rd professional season and he is already 5th in points as a defenseman and also he is tied in 2nd for the Plus Minus lead in the playoffs. This is all while averaging only 13 minutes a game. His presence is known when he is on the ice and he makes any difference he can when his skates are on.

The big difference between any of the players is the type of person @hhh81 is around the board. I had the opportunity of talking to him when it was my turn to get drafted in the SHL and he was nothing but a respectable person. He does his absolute best when it comes to being the GM of the Raptors and he really cares about keeping players active and making sure everyone around him is having a great time. I tip my hat off to him, thats a guy I would want building my team around and being the teams leader.

(196 Words)

Code:
For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

Where do I even start. The Barracudas decided to take me 1st Overall in last seasons draft and that pushed me harder this year, made sure that I improved anyway that I can and made sure that I would have an impact in the Juniors. With such a stacked roster in the pros, it was a no-brainer that I would be returning to the Whalers and would have to fill some shoes because of the players we lost. And I think that is exactly what I did. I finally scored a goal in the Juniors, was able to throw the monkey off the back and get that milestone. I lead our team in points as a defenseman and tried to make sure that I was an asset on the ice. With a stat line of +18, 40 Hits and also 43 Blocked Shots, I helped not only on the offesive side of the ice, but also in the defensive zone.

@JSS I am not too sure what I need to improve on specifically, maybe being more of a checking defenseman so people are scared to go into the corners with me. The Cudas have a stacked prospect pool and a deep roster so I still think I have more time to bank in some hours at the gym and at the practice facility and really make my impact to the team when I am 110% ready for the pros.

@"luketd" In a position where I was already on the top pairing for the team. With the possibility of losing some more key pieces on the back end, I think my impact will have to be to be a mentor to the young defenseman and really make sure they know how to improve their game. I know what areas to focus on and I think that having someone under my wing wouldnt be a bad thing for me or him.

(319 words)

Code:

1) Honestly, this is a pretty easy decision for me just off the top of my head.
I would have my forward core of Victor Marius, Louie Garrett and Jason Visser. My defenseman decisions would be Gary Grease and Alexis Metzler. My goaltender would be Cedric Robinson. In all honesty, this is an easy decision yet their are so many good options on each of these teams. It is a no brainer as to why they are in the finals. They both have a talented team and they both have depth down the whole roster.

2)I feel like the Buffalo Stampede have the deeper blue line. Looking at the 3 that were mentioned on either team, it is a star studded affair. But then you go and look at the other defenseman that the Stampede have that you did not mention like Alexis Metzler and Cassius Darrow. It will be tough for the Jets to have a mismatch that they want when all 3 of the teams pairings are talented. They have enough fire power on defense to make it easy for the forward core to win games. The puck is never in the defensive end.

3) I dont see it that much as a surprise really. With just two guys mentioned, Jason Visser and Lil Manius, they are talented on the front. Jason Visser entered the playoffs as the league leader in goals for the regular season. Lil Manius led the league in points as a Right Winger (he was tied with Mikhail Lokitonov with 54 pts). So they might have been a surprise if you compare them to other teams in the Western Conference like New Orleans Specters and the Edmopnton Blizzard but I am not surprised because they do have a great roster and a championship-like roster.

4) Buffalo does not only have a great core of a team with Marius and Makela. Then looking at the acquisitions that they made throughout the season, it makes their team better. They constantly attract the best players because Buffalo is known as a winning team. Time and Time again, they come around and bolster their lineup when it is needed. The great players that have NMC or NTC are willing to waive if they can go to Buffalo because they could smell a championship. As much as the players are to admire, the real reason they are able to keep on being competitive is because of their GM @WannabeFinn. He clearly knows what he needs in order to make his team successful and has that formula/recipe. He uses it when he needs to and look where it takes him, to the finals.

@karey @Avakael @dizzyDC @Bonk @FlappyGiraffe @ToeDragon84

(Enough words LOL)

Code:
For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)
I was looking at re joining the Simulation scene and the SHL really attracted me as I was here in the past. With my brother around the board, he kind of pursuaded me and was able to convince me to give it a shot again. 
I looked back on everything I have made and realized that I was a successful goaltender in the VHL so I did not want to do that again. I had a couple forwards but they did not interest me and I always went inactive when making them. Not sure why they did not interest me, but it just so happened that my forwards always ended up going inactive. Then, I realized that I had never made a defenseman. It would have been a cool try and felt like there is a lot more to the player build than a forward. Seems tougher to make a defenseman so I was up for the challenge.
When it came to making a two-way forward, I knew that was the game I wanted. I wanted to make an impact for my team in our own end, making sure we don't get scored on. But then, I want to also be on the scoresheet to keep me interested. I wanna see how many points I could get as a defenseman because it is tougher than a forward.
And lastly, I feel like a team can build around a defenseman more than a single forward. That really tipped the scale and it clicked that I could eventually be that guy on my team.

(262 words)

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 03:59 PM by Alex Mack.)

TASK 2

[Image: PT121.jpg]
@Trautner   @Bonk

TASK 4
[Image: pt111.jpg]

TASK 9
[Image: tweet4.png]

TASK 11
[Image: PT123.png]

TASK 13
PM’d

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 12:15 PM by TheWoZy.)

Code:

I would chose Monkey D. Luffy from the Buffalo Stampede as the player to build my team around. He's a franchise player and he's a center which is most important position in the league. There isn't a lot of center that plays at an elite level. Monkey D. Luffy hasn't play a game in the SHL yet but he has been dominant in the SMJHL. This season, he has scored 13 goals in 35 game with the Lethbridge Lions. That team didn't have a coach but he was still able to be one of the best scorer in the league. At the trade deadline, he was sent to the Anaheim Outlaws who are now in the finals. He led the team with 13 points in 11 games. He makes his teammates better and he's a great leader in the locker room. He's also a strong player and can play physical, getting those big hits. He has the complete package to become a franchise player. @TnlAstatine

Code:

I had a good season in S48. I had a bad start but I was able some good stats at the end of the year. I was one of the best scorer in the league as a defensemen. I scored 10 goal and 35 points this season. We were the best offensive team in the league and I was an important player for this team. I can create plays for my teammates, helping them to score goals. I'm the best skater in the league and my puck handling is good. During the playoffs, I wasn't consistent. I had played poorly in some games and made too many mistakes. I didn't play well offensively. I wasn't aggressive when I needed to be, especially in the playoffs. I took some bad shots, that's why I don't a goal against Anchorage. Next year, I need to get more stronger and play a lot more consistent if I want to help my team win the cup. @notoriustig

Code:

done

[Image: capybar22_600.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 03:40 PM by Beaver.)

Code:
ok so if I had to build my team around a talented young player from either the stampede of buffalo or the jets of winnipeg I think it would not be dermot lavelle who is not a player from s45 or s46 or s47 or s48 which obviously I knew when I first wrote this post and definitely did not misunderstand the prompt so it would have to be michael scarn and not just because he is the only young player I know on either team that is a total coincidence it is also because trautner has a history of earning good in sim leagues so that would be nice to have on a new team you know now the downside is that I am on trautner's team in the pro baseball experience sim league and we've gotten BUMPED from the playoffs in the first round for the last four seasons so that isn't ideal when you're the best team in the league but on the other hand he helped build the best team in the league so I guess it is a double edged sword type thing and since he is in a lot of sim leagues and seems to be fairly well liked he could help in free agency pitches and such

Code:
yo @Grapehead and @tweedledunn I have many accomplishments that I have accomplished this season so like first of all I did multiple PTs and updated at least 3 times which is pretty cool and also I scored some goals and also had some assists and also prevented some goals and prevented some assists which helped us win some games so basically I single handedly caused us to make the playoffs which is also pretty cool hmm as for what I need to improve on I would say that my biggest weakness is that I'm too good and that might discouraging to the other players on the team who aren't as good as I am two such examples are Charlie Schieck and Ray Bork and another one of my weaknesses is being too awesome which caused us to make the playoffs and get a worse draft pick than if I was only normal awesome as for the role I want moving forward I would definitely say that I would like the role of 10 time challenge cup champion so get busy would ya

Code:

1. ok so my fantasy team would consist of only the players I know on the teams because I am trying really hard to complete this stupid championship week without needing to look at the index so anyway I would pick tatu makela or whatever wbf's player is called and also dermot lavelle and also ztevans's player whose name is jason visser I believe and then it gets a lil difficult because I'm running out of names but I think trautner is on winnipeg so his player name is michael scarn or something I think that's an office reference oh and speaking of winnipeg I know gary grease so that sets my defense and I need 1 more forward so let's go with selich oh yeah and also I need a goalie so cedric moreau obviously lmao

2. god damnit if only I had read this task before I did the previous one it would've been easier oh well I expect winnipeg to outshine because buffalo's group includes 2 of the biggest suckybois I've ever met which are tatu makela and connor tanner like yikes what a tandem of suckitude that is HARD PASS

3. I think the biggest reason that winnipeg was able to make the finals was because in their first three series they were able to outscore their opponents four times before being outscored four times and the way they did this was by scoring more goals than they allowed which means it was a mixture of offense and defense and a healthy dose of goaltending too

5. Obviously cedric moreau has the advantage over cedric robinson because he has their entire careers so why should this series be any different like moreau has a way better pedigree coming from the montreal militia while robinson played for some bum team not sure which one but I feel like it got contracted so ya this one isn't even close bud

Code:
ok so I'm going to write about the s35 finals because they were my first finals after joining the site and creating a player and I was like holy shit this is pretty cool anyway here is the link and toronto won that series in 7 games over portland and grapehead did the play by play of game 7 which is a funny coincidence because grapehead soon afterward became the GM of portland so that is a nice little twist of fate he was also the goalie for toronto but I feel like he got pulled in favor of harter earlier in the series or maybe I have that backward no I think that's right anyway he was involved in toronto beating portland before then taking over portland a couple seasons later anyway this was also a spicy series because portland was up 3-1 and toronto came back to win 4-3 which broke their curse of not winning the championship which had gone on for a long time and the best player in the series was definitely harter who turned around the series

Code:

Sent.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 06:52 PM by 5ympathies.)

Code:

Although I'm now currently in the SHL, I wasn't always. Believe it or not I did once play in the SMJHL (for the Kelowna Knights, lost game 7 of the four seasons cup finals to my current teammate gordieboom and the St. Louis Scarecrows, not a big deal, I'm over it, whatever). When I was on the outside looking in, I wanted to/still want to become an elite player. Always completing every task, working hard to improve myself, not letting anything stand between me and 1800 teps. Currently I'm at 800 TPE, and going into my third season of the SHL, after equipment and CW and everything else I should be around the 850 mark. I'm looking to max out my scoring and improve my passing and skating. I chose to become a winger because I like to score? I want my SHL player to rep a points leader and hopefully it happens.

Code:
S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script. (*Tag anyone involved)

Buffalo. Winnipeg. Two cities that no one wants to live in. One doesn't even have wifi. This week to come together to battle it out. The tourism board will probably love this as fans from all across the world will come together to pack the stadiums full of people and revitalize the economy. Gary Grease, of the Winnipeg Jets has the biggest erect penis in the league. I'm sure we all cannot wait to see his big dick energy demolish Buffalo. Buffalo, however, isn't going to take it easy as they have the highest BMI in the league. Lots of thicc boys on that team. 
Easy choice for what podcast this will be on. Mine and @goldenglutes "Big Dick Guys Hour" is the supreme podcast of the league. After revitalizing the league, we needed to take a break but we'll be back for a quick CW mini pod. Look out for the future, because this pod is lit.

Code:
CW TASK 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Ooof, you thought it was buried deep in cyberspace but sadley that social media post you wrote has re-surfaced during championship week and its being shared across the net. you were young and dumb! you werent a professional hockey player when it was written!... yet here it is and its time to deal with it. Provide us with that post! graphic must be done with a social media background and include your players pick, name and the wording that got you in trouble!

[Image: EVTNwf0.png]

Code:
PodTask 12: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE) 
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S48 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! 

Topics for this seasons Minipods are:
-Highlights of the S48 season (on or off the ice)
-S48 playoff round up
-S48 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
-Interview with any player in the finals (to talk about the finals)

Requirements:
1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=97840

Mini Pod Link

Code:

PM sent

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Task 13 - PM sent

more coming...

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 04:05 PM by Muerto.)

CW TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)

The cornerstone player I would select is Cassius Darrow of the Buffalo Stampede @hhh81 for several reasons:

1. Commitment - this player is about to pass 1K TPE and is only an S45 draftee. This commitment to growing and developing is a great sign that he wants to be the best he can be and is already passing TPE counts of players drafted 3-4 seasons ahead of him
2. Two-way Defenseman - Defenders are integral to team success, as per the old saying 'Defense Wins Championships'. Darrow has the right strengths and attributes to be the top pairing defender as well as get special teams time as well, responsible in both ends.
3. Decent Dude - now, I don't know that I've ever actually interacted with him but I have seen him around the site doing good stuff and not generally being a shit-stirrer, so he could have Captain qualities as well.

Overall this guy just hits all the checkboxes of the type of player I'd want to have to be able to build around and I am certain he will have a long and fruitful career!

CW TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)

OK Mr. @Grapehead and Mr. @tweedledunn , let's be clear. Obviously my new role on the team is resident goon, as my 5 fights were the most on the team in S48. Don't even bring up the fact that I didn't win any of them, that's irrelevant! The point is I am willing to put up the dukes to protect the real stars of the team, and I should be rewarded accordingly. I fully expect that next season I will get at least 4th line minutes next season so that someone can be patrolling the rink and making sure nobody takes liberties with guys like Brogen and Moyer. I don't think I deserve to be sent to the minors next season, I even scored a powerplay goal, so maybe also being the second alternate on the powerplay unit wouldn't be too much to ask. So maybe you guys could put in a word with the coach, tell him I deserve more than being benched alongside Cleo Green.
---------------------------------------------------
CW TASK 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)

F - Jason Visser - what else needs to be said, he's a stud who gets more points than most, very consistent
F - Lil Manius - goals and hits, the fantasy dream!
F - Victor Marius - astounding number of hits and decent scoring
D - Gary Grease - would like to see Shots Blocked a little higher, but goals and hits is always good
D - Dylan Karlsson - because I have to pick one young guy and he's not the worst
G - Cedric Robinson - I feel Moreau's stats were a weird outlier and he's not actually that good. Robinson is consistent and solid.

The Jets D is a big reason why they let in so few goals - they are very good at shutting down the opponents although they don't score quite as much. But overall Buffalo has the stronger D core with a ton of vets who have been there, done that, and they won't get flustered. In either case, both teams are good at the top end but I think Buffalo's depth is just a bit better, and won't get outmatched.

There is only one reason Winnipeg made it to the finals and that is because of the extraordinary play of Ignatius Blunt @Gaia Mormont In the first series, Blunt was able to overcome being the target of harassment by the Pride, being beat up twice, but still was like the only player able to consistently produce. In the second series, once again Blunt had to carry the load as the star players were just shut right down. In the finals, Blunt almost put the series out of reach when he hit the post in double overtime. Sadly, it was not to be, but in my opinion, Blunt really silenced his critics and showed why the Jets value him so much!

The biggest reason for Buffalo's success is the management team of @WannabeFinn and @Tomen . They took a franchise which was kind of a joke and have turned it into a powerhouse contender for the last few seasons, but also show that their drafting is on point as they have a ton of great prospects still ready to bring up. The loyalty of the team to its players has resulted in a reciprocal loyalty of the players to the team. I mean, they were even able to move out a top Dman and replace him with a rental, and get a bunch of future picks in return. Definitely GMs of the year, but even of they don't win that, their Cups are a testament to their great work!

----------------------------------------------
CW TASK 10: (Written, 3 TPE)

Let's have a look at the S34 Challenge Cup Finals - sadly the link to the index is broken so this may be the only way to know what happened

From the West, we saw Portland make their first ever finals appearance, in their 10th season. They faced off against the East representative which was the Manhattan Rage, returning to the finals for the second time in 3 seasons. Manhattan came into the finals having swept both their previous 2 rounds, so they were looking good. Portland had a tougher time but had prevailed thanks to the LINES GOD status of Tanner, their coach. Manhattan was able to win game 1, but then Portland squeaked out OT wins in games 2 and 3, giving themselves the series lead, and handing the Rage their first losses of the playoffs. However, the Rage stormed back and won the next 3, securing the second Challenge Cup in franchise history. The Rage had a number of potent offensive players like VLAD McZehrl, Kian Hamilton, Ace Redding, Harry Hans, Tommy Creller, and Wyatt Wollker, all of whom scored over a point per game in these playoffs. Goaltender Jakub Aittokallio was stellar in net as well, as he was often clutch when the Rage managed to make the playoffs. This was also the first Challenge Cup win for Crossfit Jesus, a rookie call-up. He since became known as a good luck charm, as almost every team he played for in his career won the Cup. It was a tremndous year for Manhattan, but in the end it was a bit of a curse as the team lost its star player McZ in a dispute with management, and the Rage proceeded to miss the playoffs the next 3 seasons after that.

TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE) >> SENT

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2019, 01:02 AM by ViN.)

Code:
CW TASK: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The league is looking to its graphic designers for some series preview pics to sell at the games. Create a challenge cup preview graphic which should include 1 player from each team to represent their franchise! The graphic should also there name and renders, the current season, the television channel that the series is on and some hype wording on the series.

[Image: sWzgm4S.png]

Code:
In S43 it was stamps, in S45 it was coins... and here in S48 the leagues looking to sell Challenge Cup Commemorative Plates! The SHL Marketing department is asking you to design a Commemorative plate honouring the leagues most important series. Plate must include both team logos on it, the league logo, the season number and at least 2 head shots of players/GM's in the series with there names underneath them.

[Image: 9Oe8s9J.png]

Code:
Ooof, you thought it was buried deep in cyberspace but sadley that social media post you wrote has re-surfaced during championship week and its being shared across the net. you were young and dumb! you werent a professional hockey player when it was written!... yet here it is and its time to deal with it. Provide us with that post! graphic must be done with a social media background and include your players pick, name and the wording that got you in trouble!

[Image: FzKg73i.png]

Code:
TASK FIVE: Eggy has asked that we make available some Finals-themed sigs to promote around the site. These Challenge Cup sigs should include one of the players playing in the finals. Must include player name, render, team color(s), and some mention or indication of the finals. (Render must be near or at 400x by 200x)

[Image: 9shR4MM.png]

Code:

PM Sent

15/16

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 05:08 PM by Boomcheck.)

I want to say Bobby Sharp, who was subject to the desires of Minnesota Co-GM Daco, but I have some concerns regarding his game. He is listed as a center and expected to take up those duties but he isn't exactly a face off ace one would expect him to be. He's a relatively solid two way player that is a pass first forward. He will never be able to dish out more hits than he takes, but Bobby has a talent to handle pucks. In this age we lack a lot of primary play makers in the SHL with folks going the sniper route, but I feel like there is still a good place for someone such as Bobby Sharp. Young and still developing, I think he can be that top 6 center many are expecting-- But will it be for Buffalo? That's the catch. His skating is good for a young fellow but if he truly desires to run the plays and be that high IQ playmaker? He needs to keep up.

@Nerio

It was a rough season, despite leading Chicago in points. I wanted to form a unit with Atmey but that experiment lasted only 2 games. The Smeb brothers need to continue to grow but as long as I get paid I should be fine, but I want the best talent around me when i'm on the ice. I could carry a line offensively, but I can't make up for the defensive lapses of my teammates all the time. It hurt my Dar chances in all honesty. I will be the best player on Chicago outright next season smack dab right in my prime so I expect to be given every look possible and be getting top dollar. I doubt I got many amazing seasons left and I need Dar Nominations--- Fast. I want some individual success with awards here since my goal is to become a player worthy of getting inducted into the Hall of Fame. I'm a 20 goal scorer and one of the most physical players in the league. Give me the chance to flourish.  @Velevra @O4L

Hamilton-Visser-Garrett-Makela-Grease-LeBlanc. Yeah I cheaped out on the goalie here but it's fine. Hamilton is a great winger and has been for a long time, it's a shame he isn't more talked about. Visser is one of the greatest centers ever and has shown off impressive longevity by still being a #1C after all these years. Louie Garrett moved back to wing when traded to Buffalo and he has looked like his Seattle self in the playoffs. He has the 'it' factor and I think he meshes well with Visser given that they are both on team USA. LeBlanc is a solid young goalie looking to gain some experience and I believe he is starter material.

Buffalo straight up. They have the experience and all around skill that the Jets blueline does not. Connor Tanner out of Edmonton has always had good underlying statistics. Makela has been one of the must fun defensemen to watch and he's my go to fantasy pick from the back end. Charles Walker was a beast of an offensive defenseman and people forget his great seasons too quickly.

They kept their talent of Visser and added pieces. Many did not expect Winnipeg to succeed, heck I may have had them missing the playoffs. I did not have them beating New Orleans and I am completely shocked. Their younger pieces in Wagstrom and Lil Manius are no longer 'young'. They are smack dab in their prime and ready to go. Moreau bounced back with the Jets and has shown up to be a good mentor for LeBlanc.  @StamkosFan @Psanchez55

Simple. They keep making the right moves and are set for decades if they keep this up. A cupboard full of young up and comers, a haul of draft picks they got from McZherl where they ended up getting Tanner for much cheaper. They keep taking advantage of Minnesota for assets and will use these picks to retool. They traded for Garrett as well to add more fire power and have taken the risks needed to succeed. They pay the right price and have top tier veterans. @dizzyDC @Keygan

"It's the most fascinating series we have ever seen. The drama. The action.The Stampede surged back against Tampa and have shown immense perseverance. Will they win another cup?! Will Louie Garrett cement himself as one of the greats? What of the Jets? A team that many have considered to be falling apart are back in the SHL finals. Jason Visser leads a resurgence and resurrects his own production. Cedric Moreau was considered some sort of a stop gap for the Jets when acquired but he has turn it all around and taken the league by storm. Robinson already has one cup to his name, will he add another in his short career? What will be the end result?!"

TASK 13 (3 TPE) SENT TO PT DIRECTOR

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 02:45 PM by vbottas17.)

Task 13: PM sent

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 11:52 AM by Carpy48.)

Code:
Code:

Buffalo: My choice is @TnlAstatine, Buffalo's S46 draft pick. Even though he was part of the team that won the S46 Challenge Cup as a rookie, Luffy can still be considered a prospect, because right now he's still in the SMJHL. However, he has already collected over 800 TPE and that's just insane. You need to build your team around a leader and Luffy has been Lethbridge's captain the entire time he played for them - until he got traded to Anaheim recently (and still has a chance to win yet another Cup, this time in the SMJHL). I was part of the Lions for three seasons and I can't think of a better choice for that position. He's clearly very dedicated to the league, tries to get along with everyone and while he was never the top scorer in the SMJHL, things might look completely different in the SHL, especially after unbanking all those TPE. Sometimes you pick your captain from an existing group of players or you just build your team around one. Besides, a center isn't such a bad choice.

Code:
Code:

I'm not quite sure which GMs I should mention here since I'm currently between two leagues, since I'm going to Toronto next season: @Nobody + @ml002
After three seasons in the SMJHL I've made steady improvements every week. I've never skipped an opportunity to train and tried to get as many TPE as I can in order to become a better player. While my ice time was limited during the first two seasons due to being a backup, I think I did a decent job last season as a starter. I'm particularly happy about my SHL games that I played with Toronto during the last 2 seasons. Not only did I win my very first game, I played six games in total and lost only one. My GAA needs to improve obviously, but considering that I wasn't even a full-time SHL player, but just a call-up from the SMJHL, that problem should solve itself sooner than later. I'm happy that my SV% was actually better in the SHL than in the SMJHL and I wouldn't be surprised to see some more shutouts in the future. Right now I'm really just looking forward to being Toronto's starter next season.

Code:
Code:

Viktor Marius - Jason Visser - Louie Garrett
Tatu Mäkelä - Slip McScruff
Vivian Leblanc

Louie Garrett didn't play the entire season for Buffalo, but he came close to being a PPG player, so that choice was easy. The other winger on Buffalo's first line is Viktor Marius who has been a PPG player or better in the past. My center pick is Winnipeg's Jason Visser who had 60 points last season (easy choice). Tatu Mäkelä has been consistently good as well and Slip McScruff covers the hits category pretty well. I picked Vivian Leblanc for the goalie position, because I needed to cover the S44 or younger option Wink and I think it's a good choice despite some of the older goalies maybe having better stats. Besides, Leblanc player a little bit more than just a regular backup role during the regular season.

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

Their first line was pretty decent offensively (mainly Jason Visser with 60 points and Lil Manius with 54 and both were a +16 or better and rookie Nick Brain did well with 28 points, 7 of them on the PP). Visser even led the league in goals. Moreau and Leblanc split up goalie duties and together they managed to get 29 wins. Moreau came 2nd in the league in SV% and first in GAA and three shutouts while only playing 35 games. They totally deserve to be in the final and it was a team effort. @ToeDragon84 @Bonk @Psanchez55 @StadiumGambler @treant

It was probably the people behind the team, the GMs, because they drafted well, traded well and turned this random group of players into a successful team. A team doesn't win only by having good players on paper, someone needs to work on strategies, lines and many other things, so I believe the primary reason (however, not the only reason!) for Buffalo's success is the management. @WannabeFinn @Tomen

I've already talked about some of Cedric Moreau's stats above and how he was leading most goalie stat categories (or was among the top 3, not counting wins, because as I've also mentioned before, Winnipeg split the starts among the two goalies a bit differently compared to other teams). So purely by looking at the numbers, Winnipeg's Cedric has the advantage in my opinion.

Code:
Code:

The easiest question is why I decided to be a goalie. Goalies are a special 'species' and I've always like them, so the choice was easy - there was no other option for me. People told us right in the beginning that there were too many of them already and it would be better to pick a different position etc., but I stuck with it and of all goalies created in my draft class I'm the only one left and I'm the only one who will join the SHL next season and be a starter right away. So much about that. I want to be a player that can make a positive impact right away. I don't think there necessarily is a player in the SHL I would like my game to look like, but I do think the current/previous Toronto starter, McFadden, has done quite a good job in the last few seasons, despite being inactive, so my plan is to play at least at the same level next year, if not better.

Code:

> Sent a message with answers.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]