Create Account

S48 Championship Week

1:

If I'm picking a player to base my next franchise around, it will be Alexander Selich. Alexander is the son of Eduard Selich, a player that Alexis Metzler played with in Buffalo for a very long time. Eduard was always expected to be better than Metzler, and be one of the best players in the S31 draft class; injury cruelled this. Alexander has all the same expectations that his father had. Alexander Selich's work ethic is absolutely unquestioned; he almost never deviates from his training schedule, even on the road. His accuracy in front of the net is deeply impressed, and he has the ability to put the puck on any part of the net from any angle, with only a glance. In addition, when he takes his shot, there's no tells; no goaltender knows where the shot is going until it's already on the way. Selich is the good cornerstone for any new franchise, and I hope he doesn't consider that route until after I retire.

3:

Alexis Metzler is declining. He doesn't like to admit it; he doesn't want to retire yet, and won't for at least 4 or 5 seasons yet. But he knows that while he is still sometimes the best performing defender on Buffalo, and can still do anything asked of him, he's not truly the number one anymore.

Alexis Metzler will continue to be the captain of the Buffalo Stampede; he's done that job for no less than 11 seasons, and likely hopes to reach 15. He may let the position go a little earlier, if necessary, for the health of the locker room; but he probably won't; it's not good for the next guy to still have the old titan in the locker room he's trying to lead.

Alexis Metzler is hoping to continue to score at his current rate. If he still manages 30-35 points a season over the next 4 seasons, he will pass Darian Scherbluk and become the second highest scoring defender of all time, behind just Alonzo Garbanzo.

5:

2)
I believe the Buffalo Stampede's defender group will crush Winnipeg. While McClure, Grease and McScruff are good, they are outshined by the performance of Makela, Tanner and Walker. In addition, listing only those three defencemen from Buffalo is insane, because the fourth defenceman on Buffalo after those three is Alexis Metzler; who not only retains the ability to dominate a game, but is still the highest scoring defender on Buffalo these playoffs.
3)
Winnipeg making the finals was a surprise, but not too much of a surprise. Cedric Moreau has been crushing it. They breezed past San Francisco, who still doesn't quite belong in the playoff picture. They also still have a few leftover elements of their old monstrous strength, such as Jason Visser, and that was enough to give them a chance against New Orleans.
4)
The Buffalo Stampede remain one of the most dominant teams in the SHL, and were deeply unlucky not to make it to the Challenge Cup Final over West Kendall last season. The most important reason why are the general managers, WannabeFinn and Tomen- they've brought the team from being a skeleton in S38 to one of the most spectacularly stacked franchises ever known.
5)
It's a little bit tricky to select the better Cedric; Moreau has had a very impressive playoffs and is riding the hot hand. Robinson hasn't been quite as strong, but he's capable of performing on that level. Importantly, Cedric Robinson has also been here before, and won before. Moreau was still a backup when Winnipeg last one. I think Robinson brings it home.

8:

ANNOUNCER: Are you ready for destiny?

*Goal Horn Blares*

ANNOUNCER: It's time for what could be one of the greatest Challenge Cup Finals in history. The new monsters, the Buffalo Stampede,

*Bison Bellows*

ANNOUNCER: Will take on the old empire, the Winnipeg Jets.

*Jet Flies Overhead*

ANNOUNCER: Who will win between these two titanic teams?

*Hockey Players Hit Each Other, Grunting*

ANNOUNCER: Tune in starting Monday night, to watch game one of the deciding series to see who wins it all for season 48.

*Crowd Roars*

ANNOUNCER: Catch it on any television station worth a flying fuck, along with several that aren't.

*Goal Horn Blares Again*

~

I'd play this ad on the Big Slappy Hour. I picked the Big Slappy Hour because they record often enough for it to actually make the air before game one, and because they're really fucking cool and would probably play whatever advertisement you wanted on their podcast. That means it can be low effort and they'll laugh at it, but they'll play it anyway to fill out their hour. Cheers boys.

13:

Sent

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Task 1: (3/16)

If I had to choose a player to build my team around I would look no further than Lil' Manius @Bonk. Manius has all the hallmarks of an elite forward in the making and it also young to boot with at least another four seasons to go before he starts regression. Not only is Manius a physical force to be reckoned with laying the body at just about every opportunity but he has also shown that he is adept at finding the open man and putting away the chances that come his way. The only slight disadvantage is that he plays on the wing rather than down the middle. Manius has backed up this stance by stepping up big time this season and has put himself in with a shout at the Jeff Dar trophy alongside other premium forwards such as Victor Marius and Mikhail Lokitonov which is an outstanding success considering his younger age.

Task 3: (6/16)

After an anti climatic end to the season for the West Kendall Platoon getting absolutely obliterated in the last game of their series that they only managed to win one fixture in Rex Kirkby sat down with @JR95 to discuss how the season went and where improvements could be made. Overall Kirkby was pretty disappointed with his season as he had expected to step up and contribute a bit more on the score sheet. In fact he ended up regressing slightly in points, matching his 11 goals from the previous season but tallying four less assists. With the regression of several of West Kendalls key players the GM would like him to step up and really strive to exert himself on the league. With many of their divisional rivals getting stronger Kirkby needs to make sure he is hitting his passes to the forwards right on their tape while also developing the physical side of his game to shut down the opposition forwards before they even threaten Biscuits goal.

Task 5: (10/16)

2: Both defensive cores are top quality but you have to give the edge to Buffalo here. Even after they shed a high tpe player in Chris McZherl they continued to win and with just about every player on their blueline being above 1k tpe they have the depth to cope when their top guys aren't getting the job done.

3: A cross between the old and the new. Visser @ToeDragon84 and Jesus @CFJ dragged the team into the post season utlising all of their collective experience and then once into the playoffs the young guys took over with both @Trautner and @StamkosFan tearing up their opponents to take them all the way to the finals.

4: This one is all about @Tomen and @WannabeFinn. They have built a great team who have started to compete well before they will be badly impacted by regression. As well as this it has been predominantly through really good drafting and some crazy trading (oh no Minny, what is you doing?) which means that they are unlikely to go through the trough that at lot of other top teams endure after sustained success.

5: My money is on Grok. While not earning the most TPE available he has streamlined and worked on his build so that it works to perfection. He came out clearly ahead of one of the best goalies in recent SHL history in Biscuit and I think that he will have too much in the tank for Moreau as well. 

Task 8: (13/16)

The season forty eight challenge cup finals are upon us featuring the stalwart Buffalo Stampede who are looking to cement themselves as a modern SHL dynasty versus the unfavored Winnipeg Jets who return to the finals after a four season hiatus with unfinished business. Who will come out on top and which captain will lift sports most coveted trophy at the end? Find out on the Johnson and Johnson hour where we will have all the scores, news and reviews of the series as well as exclusive interviews with players, coaches and general managers. Johnson and Johnson the only SHL podcast!

I chose these guys partially because of bias as they are players in my SMJHL team but also because they are great guys and their podcast is genuinely entertaining. There aren't too many podcasts and even less so in the SHL that you can listen to and not find yourself bored at some point or another and I think that they have the energy and synergy to do a really good series based around the playoffs and specifically the challenge cup.

@frithjofr @Gwdjohnson

Task 13: (16/16)

Sent

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2019, 03:49 PM by karlssens.)

CW TASK 1: (3 TPE)
For the Buffalo Stampede I would select Cassius Darrow and from the Winnipeg Jets I would select Michael Scarn. Both are top end talents coming out of their respective draft class and both have proven to be star commodities in this league. Darrow is often overlooked in a deep blue line in Buffalo, but his value is still noticeable given his role in international play with Germany and his time in juniors with the Raptors. I have no doubt once his given a larger role that he'll make the most of it and prove to be a big game player. Michael Scarn is quite similar, except that he's be given a much more expanded role in a shallower Winnipeg roster. He's a top end earner of a deep S46 draft class and through 3 rounds he is second on the team in scoring with 10 points in 13 games. Centering the second line behind future hall of famer Jason Visser has given him the opportunity to learn from one of the best in the league. Either of these players would serve as a tremendous building block for a future team because they lead by example and encourage others around them to improve. @hhh81 @Trautner

CW TASK 3: (3 TPE)
Entering his first season with the big club on the 3rd line pairing Karlstraße didn't set the bar real high as far as goals were concerned. His TPE total was strong enough to serve as a decent depth piece on a star studded blue line that features McIntyre, Tuck, Tanner and Kalju. He was well aware he was 5th in the depth chart and was fine serving on the 3rd pairing. By the end of the season the landscape changed dramatically though and Karlstraße found himself on the top pairing with McIntyre after the departure of Tanner and Kalju. He saw an immediate uptick in nearly every category as his ice time improved significantly and he was now seeing time on special teams. Finishing the season with 19 points it should serve as a good measuring stick moving forward as Karlstraße continues to refine his game. Known as a goal scorer by trade, he led all Edmonton defenseman in scoring which is a trend he hopes to continue. His +2 rating was second among defenseman on the team, but he knows it could be much higher and it's an area he'll look to improve on. As for his role on the team it's become quite apparent Karlstraße will be given every opportunity to flourish in the Edmonton system. Quickly moving up the depth chart from 5 to 3, he's well on his way to becoming a premier defender in the SHL. @Keygan @"TommySalami"

CW TASK 05: (4 TPE)
1. Viktor Marius, Ola Wagstrom, Hippo Passimus on forward. Alexis Metzler, Tatu Makela on defense and Cedric Moreau for goalie. Honestly I didn't delve too deep in to this one. The forwards are the top 3 in scoring entering the finals and Marius' complete game is a fantasy gem. Metzler and Makela lead the way in defensive scoring so I'll take them too. As for goalies it's a toss up, but Moreau has proven to be star this season and I bet he'll rack up a lot of saves in this series.
2. No disrespect to Winnipeg, but Buffalo boasts one of the strongest blue lines in the league. Beyond the 3 names already mentioned they also have Alexis Metzler and up and coming star Cassius Darrow. Toss in the fact they previously had GOD McZehrl who now leads the blue line in Minnesota and it's crazy to think all this talent is on just one squad. Winnipeg isn't nearly as deep, but their defensemen have played their role excellently this season and are a big reason why they find themselves in the finals.
3. Honestly I'm still shocked the Jets are in the finals. Full credit to this team to overcome the odds and make it this far. On paper they have some quality pieces, but the depth is just not there, or at least in comparison to some of the teams around them in the western conference. That being said they needed to lean on their star players a little more than other teams and those players delivered in a big way this season. If they can keep it up for one more series they could certainly upset the favorite Buffalo Stampede.
4. In one word, depth. From top to bottom the Buffalo Stampede are one of, if not the most, deepest teams in the league. A strong management team laid the groundwork through solid drafting and high talent retention. Toss in some questionable trades they always seem to come out on top of and this team is set for now and the foreseeable future. I can safely say we can expect several more finals appearances over the next few seasons for the Buffalo Stampede.

CW TASK 10: (3 TPE)
NSFL S16 PT3 Welfare Claim

CW TASK 13: (3 TPE)
sent.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Task One: (3 TPE, 3 TPE total) This might be my favorite task. If I had to choose ONE player to build my team around from S45-S48, I’d select none other than the future of the Winnipeg Jets’ defense core, Slip McScruff ( @”scrufdaddy” ). I had the pleasure of drafting and GMing Scruffy in the SMJHL when I was still with the St. Louis Scarecrows. Scruffy is an awesome player on the ice, but he’s an even better person off of it. He’s always been a fantastic locker room guy who never creates any issues or drama that I can remember. He was a great choice to be a captain of the Crows when we won three straight cups. Not only that, I see how he’s running Team USA in the IIHF nowadays, and I think he’s doing a fantastic job there too. Slip McScruff might be one of the SHL’s most underrated players (and user!) and he’s someone definitely worth building a team around. (159)

Task Three: (3 TPE, 6 Total): How do I sit down with myself? It does not matter anyway, I can still do this. There is not that much for Joe K to have improved on last season. Even at 18% regression, I found myself having one of the best seasons of my career with 55 points. I wasn’t giving myself huge minutes (Had I gave myself 24 minutes a game like some people, I’d have lead the league in points) but was still a great time. It was my best in New Orleans uniform as well. However, for next season, Joe K is going to have to work on getting some of his big attributes back up. Regression is costing me 262 TPE, so I’ll have to work hard to improve on my Defense and Skating, things I hadn’t had to worry about for ten seasons! My role will largely stay the same: 2nd line playmaker. I’ll be able to play alongside DeMaricus Smyth all year though, so that bodes well for me. (167)

Task Six: (3 TPE, 9 Total): Back when I was a young Joe K, and I was making my player, I sure as hell wanted to be the league’s best scorer ever. It’s a natural feeling for most new players and I was no different. “Sniper” made so much sense to me, and I largely ignored defense. Oh what I wish I’d have known back then. Naturally, I wanted to score, so I picked Scoring and Skating to be my strengths. I also picked Puck Handling maybe? I don’t remember, but I switched it to Defense anyway. Checking as a weakness was always the same, smartly. At first, I wanted to be the next Theo Kane. But once I got drafted to Calgary, all I wanted to do was be the next Randy Randleman. He was just the model SHLer, winning trophies and MVPs. As I get closer to the end of my career, I guess I can say “mission accomplished”. (155)

Task 8: (3 TPE, 12 Total): “Ladies and Gentlemen get off your butts and get down to the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York to watch the Buffalo Stampede take on the surprising Winnipeg Jets in the Challenge Cup Finals! No strangers to being a top team in the SHL as of late, the S46 Champions Stampede look to reclaim their cup and win their second title in three seasons against the upstart Winnipeg Jets! The Jets weren’t predicted by nearly anyone to make the Cup Finals, but after a fantastic season, the Jets have been money in the playoffs as well. First they took out the San Francisco Pride before upsetting the West’s first overall seed in the New Orleans Specters. Do they have one more series of magic in them? Come Find out!” (130)

I’d clearly play this on my own podcast, but if I had to pick one that isn’t mine, it’d be silly not to play this on @Bonk and @Slappydoodle ‘s podcast, The Big Slappy Hour. That feels like an easy choice since the entire point of this is get ears listening to the advertisement, and the Big Slappy Hour absolutely has the SHL Podcasts’ largest fan base. (67)

Task 13: PM’d to PT Director (3 TPE, 15 TPE total)

Task 5, Topic 1: (1 TPE, 16 TPE total):

My “All Challenge Cup Finals” fantasy team is pretty simple:

Viktor Marius: He’s a monster everywhere, hits galore
Jason Visser: One of the best players in SHL history
‘Lil Manius: One of the game’s rising super stars, points and hits.
Slip McScruff: a future stud defenseman for the Jets
Tatu Makela: Somehow he’s underrated, but he’s one of the league’s best
Cedric Robinson: He gets to be in net because he’s been very good for a while now. (78)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Task 1:

If I had to choose one young player or prospect from Winnipeg or Buffalo, I think it would be Monkey D. Luffy @TnlAstatine. He's got the triple threat of playing an important position as a centre, being an excellent TPE earner, and being a phenomenal personality to deal with. He's a high-skill scoring centreman with a strong two-way game who excels at both distributing and carrying the puck. He'd be a shot in the arm for any team's special teams units, especially the powerplay where he'd be able to use his biggest strengths to his advantage. Knowing that I'd be getting a high-quality personality as the centrepiece of my new LR would be the biggest comfort of all, as that helps set the tone for a new team and I'm confident that he'd be a perfect young core piece to lead said imaginary team into the future. All of these are things I would look for to kickstart a rebuild, and he meets all of those criteria and then some.

Task 13: 

PM sent

Task 8:

I chose the Johnson & Johnson podcast for this ad because I thought their sense of humour would allow for a more creative script for the advertisement and let me slip in a few jokes that may not fly in other podcasts. In addition, I'm trying to secure a guest appearance on the podcast and figured that giving them some publicity might help me do so. Overall, I think they're deserving of more listeners and have a lot of great things to say which makes them an ideal landing spot for this ad. 

"Hello to the four listeners of the Johnson & Johnson: Baby Oil podcast! When you're not busy listening to Darnell carry this whole operation while Gabe breathes heavily into his microphone for an hour, the Simulation Hockey League wants to remind you that the Challenge Cup Final starts this Friday (lightning clap sound effect) with the Buffalo Stampede and Winnipeg Jets each looking to secure their second championship of the past few years. With both teams filled with both experienced vets with championship pedigree and young stars looking to make their mark, this should be a showdown for the ages! (Eagle screeching sound effect followed by explosions). You know you're going to end up right back here with the Johnsons talking about what happened anyway, so you may as well watch live and stay in the loop so you know when they say something dumb and misinformed because leaving mean internet comments for content creators is what's important at the end of the day. So remember, come see what happens when a stampede takes on a jet squadron in Top Gun: the Stampedening. Coming to TVs near you this Friday (echoing out: Friday, Friday, Friday).

Task 5:

1. My Fantasy roster would be as follows:
F: Jason Visser, Viktor Marius, Ola Wagstrom
D: Gary Grease, Tatu Makela
G: Cedric Robinson

Jason Visser has been an elite player for a long time, and is capable of leading a team offensively to the championship. Marius is one of the greatest two-way playersi n the game, while Wagstrom is an elite player for an S44 draft pick. Grease is the pillar of the Winnipeg Jets' back-end and is having a phenomenal year, while Makela is playing his consistent 200 foot game that fits so well into Buffalo's system. Cedric Robinson is an elite goaltender at a young age with a cup already on his resume, and is likely the best big game goaltender in the league in spite of his youth.

2. I think Winnipeg has a slight advantage on the defensive side, mainly owing to the gigantic presence of Gary Grease who slightly outstrips Tatu Makela as a number one defender. However, I think Buffalo's forwards are their strength and will be able to keep the Winnipeg defenders from dictating the pace of play, all the while Makela and the other Stamps defenders will be using their effective puckmoving abilities to feed that offensive buzzsaw.

3. Even on an underdog team, experience is key. Having guys who were part of Winnipeg's previous championship run allowed them to keep an even keel throughout the season and especially the playoffs when the pressure was turned up. Jason Visser and Gary Grease bring the calm approach to the game that the younger Jets needed to feed off of to be successful, and it doesn't hurt that those excellent veterans contribute as much as they do on the scoresheet.

5. Cedric Robinson has the clear advantage in net. Everywhere he goes, he wins hockey games. He won a cup as a rookie starter in the SHL, and has done nothing but prove he is clutch under pressure since then. When Buffalo was down against the surprising Tampa Bay Barracuda, Robinson posted back to back shutouts to help them recover and take the series. This is not a slight to Moreau, but Robinson is in the conversation for best goalie period, not just best goalie named Cedric.

Task 3:

One gameplan Hallsy and I have for this current season is to get my defense up to 99. I had a hypothesis based on talking to a few people about the sim that having an average of scoring+passing higher than my defense rating would lead to the sim treating me as an offensive defenseman. Long story short, it didn't and I am still bad. Luckily I'll be able to get up to 99 defense before the start of next season and hopefully the more conventional build will succeed. Another point of conversation was the possibility of shifting some TPE out of my checking stat as we take too many penalties as a team, with me being one of the culprits. I selfishly pumped my checking stat to make myself more appealing for fantasy players because being selected in fantasy validates my massive yet fragile ego. However, I now see that the team comes first and offensive defenders don't need to hit lots to be successful. In all, this is going to be a big offseason for me. I'll be the Steelhawks' top defender next season after a slew of retirements so it will be up to those of us that remain to try and keep things going. I'm hoping that my training plan results in me finally taking the next step offensively rather than continuously being really good for half a season then flatlining.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Code:
CW TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)
For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

It was a hell of a season for the Anaheim Outlaws as a whole and, while heart breaking to lose like we did, I think we can all be proud of what we accomplished. When we set out at the beginning of the season, we had just been decimated by call-ups basically wiping away our top 2 lines. I was moved up to the first line and had big shoes to fill. To everyone’s surprise, we ended up hanging on to first in the league for a large portion of the season. My particular role was more of an assist minded playmaker that looks to create opportunities for others. My passing and skating were definitely well above the league average and it showed, while my scoring probably could use some work. I think my role moving forward is to become more of a leader in the locker room now that I’m a vet on the team.

Code:
CW TASK 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)
Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

2. Both teams have a lot of talent on the blue line. I feel like the Jets take a more physical approach to defending where as Buffalo uses more of a finesse play style. For this series, I would lean Jets. Playoff hockey tends to favor bigger, more physical teams as the games tend to take on a slower pace and the grittier teams tend to come out on top.

3. Winnipeg had a fantastic regular season and carried that momentum into the playoffs. However, a lot of people had them losing to New Orleans in the conference finals. I think their offense really solidified their place in the finals. It's for sure high flying and they have a ton of guys who can put the puck in the net. 

4. It all starts at the top for Buffalo and I think their GM has done a great job building a winning culture and a place where young prospects can thrive. They have an excellent championship caliber team as well as a plethora of young talent ready in the wings for when the time comes. They’ve done a great job setting themselves up for the present and the future.

5. I think both goalies are extremely talented and can catch fire on any given night. With that being said, if I absolutely had to choose one I would lean Moreau. He comes into the series boasting over a .930 save percentage in these playoffs and I don’t think you can bet against him.  

Code:
CW TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)

I picked winger because I wanted to make my player a playmaker while not having to focus on the defensive part of my game as much as a center would. I figured that the league had enough pure sniper or two way forwards and perhaps lacked a playmaker that was dedicated to focusing on a pass first mentality. Assist aren’t necessarily as sexy as goals, but as long as I’m helping my team win in one way or another, I’d be happy. Guess it boils down to I wanted to play an offensively minded forward while focusing on assisting rather than goal scoring. As for who I’d like my game to resemble, I think the perfect candidate would be Nicklas Backstorm. He can score 20 goals a season but can put up 50 or 60 assists to go with that. He’s a smooth skater as well which I really wanted to translate here to the SHL.

Code:
CW TASK 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Ooof, you thought it was buried deep in cyberspace but sadley that social media post you wrote has re-surfaced during championship week and its being shared across the net. you were young and dumb! you werent a professional hockey player when it was written!... yet here it is and its time to deal with it. Provide us with that post! graphic must be done with a social media background and include your players pick, name and the wording that got you in trouble!

[Image: hmjpNg.png]

Code:
CW TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. What Buffalo Stampede player recorded a +28 which was the greatest +- number in franchise history?
2. Name 3 players in the Winnipeg Hall of fame
3. Who was Buffalos's 1st round draft pick back in S34?
4. When was the last time the Winnipeg Jets won the Challenge Cup Championship and who was it against?

Sent.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

I sent task 13 in.

For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

After the season ended bitterly at the hands of the Winnipeg Jets, I was called into the management room by the two general managers of the Pride: @“tweedledunn” and @“Grapehead”. My contract is up after the season, but I know I’m going to stay. They knew as well. Of course, they told me that my main strength was my goal scoring ability. I’ve been one of the better scorers in the league over the past 5 or 6 seasons, besides my awful spell in Minnesota. They also praised my leadership qualities. As the alternate captain and a 10 year veteran of the league, the Pride look to me for a veteran leadership presence, which I try to provide as much as I can. I mentor some of the young guys, like McCloud, and help everyone to the best of my ability. However, they told me about how lackadaisical my checking is. It’s never been my strength, and that my regression hasn’t helped me with my production either, as I failed to reach 40 points for the first time in about three or four seasons. However, the meeting ended on a happy note. They informed me that they were planning on keeping me, and that my alternate captain role would stay. They want me to lead the Pride to new horizons, and that’s what I came to do.

CW TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)

I would build my team around Swiss forward Nicolaj Muller @“esilverm”, a prospect for the Buffalo Stampede. Now, I’ve known silver for a while now. I’m one of the old bloods in the St. Louis discord, and he’s been a constant fixture there for a while now. He’s always been friendly to everyone there, even when he was gone from the site but still working on the SHL scraper bot (very helpful for milestones). So it made sense that Muller was named the captain of the Scarecrows. He has great leadership qualities and has been a good friend for a while now. It’s also worth noting that HE JUST SET THE FRIGGIN RECORD FOR MOST POINTS BY A SCARECROW IN A FRIGGIN SIMULATION MAJOR JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE SEASON! Muller went on a tear, scoring over 60 points for a Scarecrows team that ran the league in the regular season but sputtered in the playoffs. He’s a talented player with plenty of upside. So, I can see Muller helping to dispel the “Buffalo is toxic and everyone there is a massive tool who just starts shit” mentality. Sure, I don’t like most of Buffalo’s players. But I like silver, and he can help put the Stampede in a positive light. He also scores a shit ton of points. So he could potentially be a franchise-altering player with the amount of points and the consistent production he’s shown at the SMJHL level. I can’t wait to see him rip up the SHL and be the star for a Buffalo team that’s already got a lot and just wants to get some more silverware.

Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?

I can see Winnipeg’s defense core, which is younger, excelling more. Sure, Buffalo has more experience with guys like Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner, Charles Walker, and Alexis Metzler, who have all won a Challenge Cup. Those guys are all in regression or close to it, and the Winnipeg core, which includes Troy McClure, Gary Grease, and Slip McScruff, is much younger. These guys are a bit unproven, but they’re all talented players with much more room to grow. They’ll put on a show.

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series. (*tag anyone involved)

Winnipeg is known for making the playoffs, so to me, I’m not surprised at all. Their goalie, Cedric Moreau, was the hot hand, pretty much dominating in net. The offense seemed to be quiet against San Francisco, and the team was lucky to win the series. They just have the clutch gene, coming up in big overtime wins against the Pride to win the series, and I can see the clutchness that Winnipeg has playing a huge part in this series.

4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)

Buffalo just drafts well. Almost all of their current core has been drafted and developed internally. These prospects developing (including some late round steals) has been pivotal to Buffalo becoming a powerhouse franchise in the SHL, and making a lot of finals in the process. Finn and Tomen have been fantastic GMs for a very long time, and their drafting prowess has been fantastic, leading to the situation that they’re currently in.

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in the series?

Robinson is the proven starter for the Buffalo Stampede. He’s been outstanding for pretty much the entirety of his career. I wrote him off when they played New Orleans, signing the praises of opposing goalie Aliester Cain. Robinson made me shut up as he starred for the Stampede, who won the series. And I think Robinson is hungry for more despite having one title. He’s a fantastic goalie and more proven than Moreau, so I expect him to show the other Cedric who’s boss.

CW TASK 8: (Written, 3 TPE)
S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script. (*Tag anyone involved)

Do you like underdogs? No? Well, do ya like unproven names trying to stake a claim in the league? No again? Well, again, do you like two proven teams with plenty of star power trying to return to the top? Yes? Well this Challenge Cup Final series, between the Western Conference Champion Winnipeg Jets and the Eastern Conference Champion Buffalo Stampede, is for you, buckaroo. Will the powerhouse Stampede, who have won a cup as recently as two seasons ago, come back to the throne and sit on it with all of their bodily might? Or will the Winnipeg Jets, coming back from their purgatory of missing or barely making the playoffs with a star-studded defense core and a hot goalie, make the Stampede their little bitch? Watch the series on the SHL Network to find out!

This advertisement is going on the Blooscast, a podcast that is just me (bluesfan55) rambling about SHL shit while playing old video games. I need some structure to it, so adding this would be nice. It’s also worth noting that the app I use allows the podcaster to record ads for personal monetary gain, so I figured with me not recording a podcast in a while plus me being allowed to record ads is a perfect storm.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Task 4
[Image: 9TS2FIP.jpg]
Casual Task done

Code:

Code:

For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)

In deciding who I wanted to be as an SHL player, I wanted to make sure that my player hits two very important benchmarks that I set for the future, wherever that may be. The first is that I want to be 100% sure that my teams can truly rely on me to be a defensive-first defenseman who can be somewhat relied on offensively. It's up to the offensive players to put up numbers and goals in points, while priority one for me is to keep our leads in check and make it harder for our opponents to take the lead on us. On top of that, I want to be a fairly clean player who takes very little penalties and doesn't give the enemy costly chances to score. If I can be those two things and do them well, I'll be in the SHL for a very long time.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

PBE CW - +3 TPE

Code:
Task 1 - +3 TPE

Between the young core of both the Jets and the Stampede, there is one player that almost undoubtedly stands out among the rest.That is of course the Centre, Monkey D. Luffy. Luffy was an absolute stand out STUD in an already super deep draft class. He fell all the way to 29 in the SMJHL draft of S45, but his ultra fast development was proven as he climbed to 4th overall in the S46 SHL draft. He has ultimately turned out to be a generational player, even after dropping off slightly in recent months. 

Monkey D. Luffy can only be described as a whore for training and ultimately that shows on the ice. He puts the work in on every single shift without fail and often performs way beyond his "perceived" level currently. He was definitely vital to Buffalo's Challenge Cup this season and will continue to be an important piece. Any GM would be stupid to pass up on the chance to acquire him.

@TnlAstatine

Code:
Task 3 - +3 TPE

End of season debriefs are an important part of a player's career. They look at went wrong, what went well, and how to make the bad good and the good even better. First meeting was with Head GM @Ace. We'd just narrowly missed play-offs so spirits were low, but determined throughout the locker room. "I think you are developing quite well and are trending in the right direction. I think you spent a lot of last year honing your defensive game, and it let a bit of the offence that really defined you in amateur hockey slip by. I can imagine after your off-season training you will be much more effective next season on the offensive side of things, while playing stout defensive hockey.

All in all it's hard to disagree with any of the points he raised, I decided that moving into the SHL is no easy feat and a good way to mitigate it would be to work on allowing as few goals in as possible. Now I have that side of my game down, I can pretty comfortably work on putting up points and setting up plays. I then went and sent one of the office staff to talk to @hotdog to get an unbiased opinion that wasn't kept light-hearted. What he came back with was uh, surprising. This is a direct quote, I have the tape.

"Perry had a great season and one would have to imagine he was motivated by competition with his partner Guy Zheng. Morgan outclassed Zheng in nearly every single counting stat this season. The raging internal debate about which one of them to release got a bit easier after this year as Perry earned himself some job security."

Hey @goldenglutes maybe I should start looking for a new roomie?

Code:
Task 5: 5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?

Cedric Robinson is a no brainer here. He came into the season hot with an IIHF gold medal for Great Britain. While he struggled in this year's regular season, he definitely got his head back in the game and in a place where he can propel Buffalo into another Challenge Cup finals.

Code:
Task 9 - +3 TPE

[Image: v9eJPoN.png]
Perry used to have some.. strong opinions about the SHL. Now that he's playing in it this tweet definitely held some controversy.

Code:
Task 13 - +3 TPE

PM'd

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

[b]Task 1: Future Core (3 TPE)[/b]
Big bad Cassius Darrow @hhh81 would be the daddy of my new core. Although Tomen is a close second, I've opted for the defensive side of their one-two punch. Big daddy Darrow has the current skill to succeed, the drive to succeed further, the commitment to succeed forever, and the curiosity to fuel the locker room. In the Colorado Raptors franchise, Darrow stayed an extra season, despite being third in his class in TPE in order to pursue something that he believed in. Since leaving the Raptors, he has stayed the main locker room presence, and has accepted a job as the general manager. He is the first one active in the discord in the morning (or as the euros call it, "afternoon"), and the last one off in the evening. His frequent interesting stories and opinions fuel the dialogue. He has a natural leadership style, and invests himself in all of the personalities of the locker room, which will keep him as an active locker room leader for seasons to come. Buy Buy Buy.

Task 3: GM Talk (3 TPE)
Sup, Keegs. I write as the cocky rookie who believes that he is ready to be slotted in anywhere on the lineup. In the SMJHL this season, my personal numbers were quite impressive, finishing in the top 10 in the league for points, and finishing as the top contributor in my franchise in back to back years. As I emerge from my capped 350 build cocoon, I am looking to maintain my offensive relevance while increasing my possession abilities. While I believe that my defense is reasonably good, I need to be able to show it on the ice. I can’t imagine that the SHL will be kinder to my plus / minus. One big change that I am anticipating is altering my strength from endurance to defense (or anything other than endurance). With the right linemates and structure, I believe that my player has the TPE necessary to help immediately.

Task 5: talking points (4 TPE)
Fantasy
For my finals fantasy team, I would start Viktor Marius at center. He is a high point producing heavy minute playing center with good possession numbers. On defense, I would take Winnipeg’s McClure and Grease, as both have come through the Colorado program of elite defensemen. Both know how to block shots, lay hits, and drive offense. My two wings will be Passamus and Scarn (young guy), as they are both in the top 2 of their team in point production while still playing balanced minutes.
Defensive Core
Defensive core advantage is very close. As a Colorado homer, I have really enjoyed watching Darrow rise through the ranks, and Tatu Makela was a (albeit incorrect) fantasy pick of mine in my first season. My fandom of Darrow was born mostly of my appreciation of the Colorado Raptors franchise, which leads to the Jets blue line. Gary Grease, Troy McClure and Slip McScruff. High-level performers, two-thirds of which have come through the Raptor’s pipeline. Based on heuristics, Makela tanking when he was on my fantasy team, and my conversations with McClure and Grease, I lean towards the Winnipeg Jets to have the blue line advantage. Pop culture / non-standard renders are also a plus!
Winnipeg Surprise
Winnipeg started their run with back to back losses against the Pride, but Visser and Karlsson’s overtime goals were enough to give the Jets a chance to win their first match up. Against the Specters, an overtime goal forced a game seven, where the Jets won handedly. I credit Cedric Moreau for the teams continued success, posting multiple shut outs, and limiting the opposition to 2 goals or less almost every night.
Buffalo Sustainability
I credit Tomen with Buffalo’s sustained success. He is obviously a top earner and heavy contributor on the ice, but his off-ice GMing ability has really elevated the franchise in the past few years. Getting talented skaters and goalies is a numbers game, getting them paid is a little more delicate, and then coordinating lines and effectiveness is the most intricately detailed aspect of success. However, above all of that, the Buffel-Bro’s are rumored to have one of the more active locker rooms, and the activity is from long-time contributors in all media, all in the stampede melting pot. I credit Tomen with his corralling of personalities and skills.

Task 6: Build description (3 TPE)
Julio Tokolosh is an undersized speedster. He is defensively sound, and offensively relevant. He makes plays by being in the right position and having the speed and ability to make a difference. His checking is relatively weak, but he has enough finesse and strength to win his share of fifty-fifty battles. As a young cow, Julio’s build was inspired by a mix of Mats Zuccarello and Johnny Gaudreau. These small guys are always in the play, and a joy to watch at either end of the ice (except when Matz blocked one with his skull and had a stroke. That sucked and was not fun to watch). Within the SHL, Viktor Marius is an admirable build comparison. He’s a player whose off-ice habits and contributions have played a major role in his current success. He’s appreciated around the league and has the scoring prowess and speed that Julio Tokolosh craves.

Task 8: Podcast promo (3 TPE)
“Are you tired of the same regurgitated stories on the major podcasts? Do you find yourself frequently hitting the ‘fast forward 30 seconds’ button when Wasty reaches his 3rd electronic car segment of the episode? How much dead air can you tolerate?”
“Are you ready for the between the lines coverage of under-reported teams? Can you handle the tepid takes of middle of the road first-generation players? Can you wait a few days to hear the news?”
“If you seek the news about the SMJHL’s dirty little secret, you are in the market for ‘The RAPture’! Where Julio Tokolosh discusses the Colorado Raptors franchise goings-on!”
-cut to audio clips-
“Good morning nerds” - pris
“I hate college kids” - hhh
“No u” - nykonax
“Check out these beans, and my baby” - wuma
“And each episode, be entered to win a set of gloves by replying with the timestamp of Troy McClure calling in and announcing himself captain!”
“Still looking for a presenting sponsor.”

Task 10: Archived SHL finals (3 TPE)
http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...edule.html
The forty-fifth season of our holy simulated hockey league ended in a seven-game series between the West Kendall Platoon and the Edmonton Blizzard. The Blizzard defeated the Texas Renegades in seven games (complete with a game seven overtime victory), slingshotting themselves to the finals and the relegating the Renegade to obscurity. The West Kendall Platoon defeated the Minnesota Chiefs in seven games, marking their continued dominance over the East, while sparking Minnesota’s slow spiral down.
The series opened 2-2, both teams winning at home, but really became a series when West Kendall beat the Blizzard in Edmonton to make the series 3-2. Edmonton responded with an overtime win (goal scored by Joe K) to force a game seven. Edmonton ended up taking home the hardware with a 5-3 win, with the game-winning goal scored by elite imminent hall of famer, Teddy Cuddles.
A standout player from each team would be Tommy Tuck, who was locked in for the entire postseason, posting a 0.91 save percentage and a 2.9 goals against. Edmonton’s skaters are very balanced, so the attention falls to the backbone of the defense. For the Platoon, Roman Augustus was second on his roster in points and registered an outstanding 83 hits.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Code:
Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)
I would choose Nick Brain @StadiumGambler because he had a really successful rookie season and I think one day he will be one of the top scorers in the entire league. On the ice, he has a great shot and he's fearless; he hits and passes well too. He does it all and has been a leader on his line which is full of Winnipeg's young guns, even as a rookie. He is very active in the locker room and seems to be a real team player. I think he is a good guy so that's good for the image of the Jets franchise. He is a power forward and there's not a lot of those so he's not afraid to be different. He's just really unique and special as a player and I think he's the exact type of player you would want to build a franchise around. He was a first round pick for the reason and Winnipeg was sure lucky to get him.
Code:
@FlappyGiraffe @Troy_McClure03 I think we accomplished a lot I mean we made it to the finals. That's very exciting but we should have won and we messed it up just inches from the finish line. We are strong at everything with lots of young players who are only getting better, but people need to work harder. We need more higher TPE people and we need much better goalies. Our goalies are extremely weak and probably the reason we lost; one of them is inactive and the other is very low TPE. Also, I don't play a very big role maybe so maybe I do more in S49. I would want to be on the power play one day but I don't know if that is next year. The Jets have a lot of high TPE defensemen so there's really just a logjam. That's a good thing, we don't need to improve on defense.
Code:

2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?
2. Regardless of how the series ended I like the Winnipeg defense because I'm a member of the defense core and I have to trust in myself. Obviously there's lot of great high TPE players with tons of skill who can just beat anyone in the league; Scruf, Troy, and Gary have been working super hard for a long time.
3. I think that Jason Visser @ToeDragon84 having a good season in spite of regression was the reason they were able to compete. Winnipeg was very young but he led them in important moments and in the regular season. Having that sort of captain gives a lot of energy and helped push them to compete this year.
4. I think it's really great GMing that can overcome obstacles so they really have @Tomen and @WannabeFinn to thank for finding the winning strategies and never giving up. They probably test sim a lot and find the best combinations for their players and clearly they are doing some stuff right too to keep such a great team together.
5. I think Cedric Robinson has the advantage because he has more TPE and he is younger. Moreau is an inactive free agent that Winnipeg acquired from Chicago for peanuts. He's outperformed expectations but Robinson is clearly in another league in terms of goaltending pedigree and that has to give Robinson the edge.
Code:
S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script.
Ad: Do you want a series like no other? One with nail biting finishes that keep you on the edge of your seat? Two of the best young teams in the league? Find out about what this matchup has in store for the SHL live on air, and don't miss any of the action. You can learn about the Challenge Cup finals from the comfort of your own home. Winnipeg takes on Buffalo for what is sure to be a one of a kind battle, and there will be many amazing moments to discuss. You can only hear this once in a season, don't miss out!
@JKortesi81 It will be on the Joe Kast podcast. I just think he will do a great job, explain everything in a very nice way, and will be able to get a lot of viewers. He's the perfect guy to appeal and talk to the SHL audiences and he could be impartial when discussing the series. The final product will be worth the listen; I have faith in him to do it above and beyond people's standards.
Code:
CW TASK 10: (Written, 3 TPE)
CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series.
Link to archives: http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...nding.html
In S44 that was when the Jets last won a Challenge Cup. It was a tough task to defeat the West Kendall Platoon who were always a top team during this era but the Jets pulled it off in 6 games. Zach Evans had not yet retired and was one of Winnipeg's better players, being an excellent playmaker and setting up other players to score. Everyone talks about goals but passing and selflessness is epic too. Jason Visser of course was great as he still was today, doing it all and putting up points when it counts. He really led his team to victory with 8 goals and 9 assists; very impressive stuff. And of course goaltending is really what wins you championships and Winnipeg had a really awesome netminder who stopped just about everything and made some incredible stops. He stole some wins in the series and had a .915 save percentage, which is also pretty crazy at this level and with it beings the playoffs.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 08:34 PM by c00kies.)

Code:

@Scrufdaddy Slip McScruff from the Winnipeg Jets is my choice. He's a S45 Defenseman and he has a good start to his career early on. He's involved in the IIHF as a leader of a strong USA team at a young age, and he seems poised for a breakthrough. Defense is a big position for a team, and he can anchor a pairing just fine. This past season he had a goal and 32 points as a transition defenseman, which helps the forwards get the puck cleanly and with room to operate. He understands that his priority is to get the puck to leading scorers of the team, and he does it without getting upset about his own goal scoring opportunities. Another big factor is his incredulous hits, as he had 154 of them this past year, knocking opponents down and getting the puck for his team. Puck possession is an important part of a successful team, and Slip's ability to get the puck and distribute it efficiently, has been an integral part of the Jets success and is perfect a building block for a new team.

Code:

@Steelhead77 @c00kies Shooter McGavin has made another step forward into becoming the elite finishing sniper on the Calgary Dragons. He scored 20 goals and team-leading 51 points. In addtion to that, he scored 14 points on the powerplay, propelling the Dragons to the final playoff position in the West. Shooter's role should be as a go to finisher for next season, and hopefully he can score 25 goals and be a Point per game player. The one thing Shooter is working on is toughness, as he simply doesn't hit (7 hits), but that role is currently held by Mike Izzy, though having someone who is more willing to hit will also be a huge help in the forecheck. The one added concern is that Shooter only had one GWG all year (0 in playoffs), and there are concerns the increased role led to tougher minutes and a more fatigued Shooter, so he's also working on total fitness to match the demands of being an elite player during a long season and hopefully long playoffs.

Code:

1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series. (*tag anyone involved)

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?

Code:
S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script. (*Tag anyone involved)

code:

The series I want to talk about is the Dragons and Steelhawks back in season 29? It was a great back and forth series with Esa in his prime leading the way for the Dragons. The Dragons were up 3-2 in the series and held a lead in the dying seconds of game 6, but Hamilton managed to tie the game with just 11 seconds left. The game went to overtime and the Steelhawks won it and sent it to a deciding game 7. Had they stolen all the momentum? No, the Dragons fought back and ended up rebounding after a demoralizing game 6 loss and took the Cup from the Steelhawks again, in what was a very good rivalry between the two teams who met in the Finals a few times in that time. This series had it all, close games, overtimes, a game 7, and a hatred, but respect for the other team. It is one of my favorite Cup victories, as the Steelhawks seemed cursed against the Dragons, when they blew a 3-0 series lead in another Finals as well, something quite unprecedented at the time. (due to dead link, not able to provide more details). http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=64821

Code:
CW TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

Sent

Task #1
There is only one guy that I would even consider forming a team around from the two teams in the Challenge Cup and that would be Slip McScruff @Scrufdaddy from the Winnipeg Jets. Large, right-handed, defensive defenseman. Need I say more. McScruff is the type of player that every team hopes to stubble upon and the Jets were lucky enough to do so. Not only does he possess strong shutdown defensive skills demonstrated by his blocked shot totals, but he can also contribute offensively. He may not find the back of the net very often, but he sure knows how to set up his teammates. As the GM of a team I would be salivating thinking about his McScruff quarterbacking my powerplay while also being able to out of his own zone. The Jets are lucky to have a young defenseman of this caliber in their ranks and he should be the cornerstone of their D corps moving forward.

Word Count: 159

Task #3
This past season was by far the best for Maui since joining the SHL. The Barracudas dominated all season, winning their way to a President’s Cup and bye through the first round of the playoffs. Unfortunately, the playoffs ended prematurely for the team and the Cudas were on the golf course early than they wanted to be. Maui had a solid year all around and will simply look to continue to progress into next season. His role on the team is locked in as D2 behind the powerhouse Kristaps Ball and this is perfect for Maui. He will look to hopefully contribute a little more offensive as he still unable to crack the top 10 in defensive scoring this season. However, he is coming off a career season on the scoresheet, so things appear to be moving in the right direction. Moving forward, Maui and the Barracudas, must just keep doing what they have been doing and the success will come soon.

Word Count: 162

Task #13
PM'd

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 10:39 AM by jcfbey01.)

Code:

Well @JSS  it was a good year for Kristaps Ball if I say so myself. What I accomplished is being the best defenseman in the league by leading defenseman in points and also leading the league in shots blocked. Pretty good if I say so myself. Obviously I'm strong at scoring and putting my body on the line, better than anyone else in the league really. What I need to improve on is well not much, but I would like to score more, I guess. I'm already pretty fucking good, I don't know what else to improve, so I'll score more. I could get more hits too I guess, but checking is my weakness and I can't be bothered to dump TPE into it. My role for S49? Well it's simple, I don't want to be taken off the ice, I wanna average 60 minutes a game. But in reality, I want to be the number one defenseman that plays in all scenarios no matter what.

Code:

Well, it's been awhile since I was called up, but when I was called up I wanted to be an all around amazing goal scorer. This is when Kristaps Ball was still a winger, however, and not a defenseman, so lots has changed since. But I was hoping for Kristaps to get like 25-30 goals a season consistently in his prime, to be the guy the other team game planned around to try to stop you scoring, but fail to do so. I guess I was trying to model my game after current Cameron Carter II, or maybe Flacko Lagerfield but without the hitting. I wanted to get scoring as high as possible, then get things like puck handling, skating and defense as high as possible too, as well as passing so I can still get lots of points. It's fun to think about how my player and time here would be different if I was still chasing that build instead of being the best defensemen in the league, but I'm happy with how Kristaps has turned out to be.

Code:

Do you like hockey? Do you like historic sports moments? Do you like hard hitting and fast skating? High scoring, constant star power dominating the ice? Or strategic coaching by some of the best managers in the league? If you say yes to any of these questions, you need to watch the Challenge Cup Finals between the Buffalo Stampede and Winnipeg Jets! Watch as these two great franchises look to expand their trophy cabinet in a sure to be thrilling and hard fought series! Every day there is a breath taking play by play that will bring you right into the action! There is nothing better than hockey playoffs!

I would have @Toivo do the ad because he's the only podcast I listened to this season. Also because my ad is shit and I think it would be funny to have Toivo do the ad, but also because I think the ad would actually work out on his podcast and get more viewers for the finals.

Code:
CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [include link to archives]

In S33, the New England Wolfpack faced off against the Calgary Dragons in what would be a win for the Wolfpack, but I can't find how many games it was won in since the indexes are dead and neither of the teams in their history post say how many games. The Calgary Dragons were looking to win their second straight cup after winning one the previous season, while the Wolfpack were looking to win their third cup in four seasons after winning it in S30 and S31. This series was a tale of two dominating franchises in the league and a cup final between the two of them was highly anticipated and eagerly hyped, and it (probably) didn't disappoint. The Wolfpack were able to pull through and win the cup on the backs of players like Raven Silvering, who was 2nd team all SHL that season, and their goalie Mikke Laukkenen, who was 3rd team all SHL. They also had helped from younger players like Toivo Kosonen, who was on the all rookie team. This cup helped cement the Wolfpack as one of the leagues best dynasties in the leagues history and made the Wolfpack one of the best teams in the league history as well. The Dragons are also up there, with many cups to go with their name as well, and this finals series was definitely a historic one. (Link to thing: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=76032)

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]