Create Account

S48 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 09:02 PM by Jiggly_333.)

Task #1 - “Who made the biggest impact?” Dude, no one did anything for the Kelowna Knights. Seriously, the first line probably should’ve been the best line, but they finished with a 0 +/-. Maybe it was the second line, but it seems like they mostly got their points not from the line itself, but from power plays and such and also just generally not giving up goals. Look, the Kelowna Knights have some issues that they’re going to work on going into the future. For now, the team doesn’t really have any single “line” that works better than others, much less performing better in the playoffs. If you want the worst line, then I guess that first defensive pairing which finished the team’s only series with a +/- of -3. That’s David Vent and Simon LeBlanc for those who don’t know, which is probably all of you. I’m used to being on a team no one cares about, so whatever to all of you. I don’t like this question. It’s mean.

Task #2 - Which team is the best at being the Anaheim Outlaws?

#5 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers: The Outlaws are good and the Whalers are good, so that makes sense.
#4 - Knights Kelowna Knights: The Kelowna Knights logo kind of looks like the Outlaws logo, but the color’s off.
#3 - Falcons Detroit Falcons: When you squint, the color and shape kinda looks like the Outlaws
#2 - Outlaws Anaheim Outlaws: They cannot be first place
#1 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows: The Scarecrows logo looks more like the Outlaws logo than the Outlaws.

Task #3 -  Look, the Kelowna Knights are absolute trash. You’re asking me how I’d prefer to die, basically. Seriously, how the hell do I do this task about a team that should not even be in the playoffs. The only reason why they were “in the playoffs” is because everyone qualifies for the playoffs so that new players can feel what it’s like to be in the playoffs at least once. So look, here’s the list of teams I’d like to face in the finals in order:

#9 Outlaws Anaheim Outlaws - They’re the favorites in the final
#8 Scarecrows St Louis Scarecrows - They’re the first seed this year
#7 Whalers Vancouver Whalers - They’re in the finals
#6 Falcons Detroit Falcons - They’re the third seed this year
#5 Armada Anchorage Armada - They beat the third seed and made the semis
#4 raiders Halifax Raiders - They beat the first seed and made the semis
#3 Militia Montreal Militia - They’re the fifth seed and might be easier to win against than the team that beat the first seed
#2 Lions Lethbridge Lions - We already lost to them, so no
#1 Raptors Colorado Raptors - They’re the ninth seed, so that’s probably the closest we’ll get

Task #4 - I was drafted by the Montreal Militia, which honestly would’ve given me a great opportunity to win it all this year. The team ended up losing to the Vancouver Whalers, but imagine if they had even more rookie firepower on offense. Raquel Castillo Gutierrez is a sniper. Her goal in life is to score goals and playing on a team with more playmakers would add even more goals to he own tally, while helping that team past opponents when it’s closer. So, it’s less about how I’d want to be with Montreal because I honestly don’t pay attention to anything that happens, and more about how I probably should’ve stayed with them. The choice to leave was my own in the end and honestly, I don’t even know where Rocky would’ve been if she ended up with Montreal at the end of this season. Maybe she might have brought the failure to Kelowna and she would’ve taken it to Montreal?

Task #5 -  NSFL PT

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 10:24 PM by diacope.)

Task #1
1st Line & 4th Line
Our first line is one of the best in the league and in the playoffs they've shown why making the finals, Wilson, Gray and Bobcalf have the most playing time for the team, they have 40 points between them in only 12 games but what teams have to watch out for most is their goal scoring, tallying 19 goals along the way in spectacular fashion, Wilson leads the league and his team in multiple categories and will need him to continue his hot streak if the team wants to contend against an Outlaw team with great chemistry and leadership. Our 4th line is probably the least used and hasn't been a key factor in any major plays or wins for the team. At the end of the day the Whalers are playing their top players most the time and benching the inexperience rookies to ensure no mistakes during the finals.

(155 words)

Task #2
Top 5 Shot Blockers

1. Gabriel Johnson Armada - 21
2. Finn-Rhys raiders - 20
3. Cal Clucker Lions / Kaspars Claude Whalers - 17
4. Jaakko Jarvinen raiders / Delver Fudgeson Lions - 14
5. Noah Tedia, Corey Kennedy Outlaws / Johnny Sins, Tony Ford Armada / Oliver Klozoff Militia / Haley Knight raiders - 13

Task #3
1. raiders
2. Outlaws
3. Lions
4. Armada
5. Falcons
6. Scarecrows
7. Militia
8. Raptors
9. Knights

Decided to make a list of the best point producing teams that had decent defensive outcomes to back it up. Leading the way are the Raiders, they had 6 players who scored 10+ points in a short 16 game span and if they didn't choke we'd see them in the finals, they would be the scariest because they have a lot similarities as my team and that would be a match up nightmare. Next would be the Outlaws, they also have enough talent to run a few lines to get scoring chances. At the bottom of the list is the Knights, they weren't scary all season and in the playoffs, other than having a shield wall defense.. they couldn't score to level things out and their goaltender was invisible. The Raptors are in 2nd last because they do have talent but it wasn't evident during in the post season and they were the worst scoring team, they have rookie goaltender Knox Booth and he is the only reason why they are ahead of Kelowna on my list.

(177 words)

Task #4
Halifax raiders

Chose this team mostly because of their kind GM, after meeting and chatting I got a lot of good vibes from him whenever I first joined the site, another thing would be Cody's young but godlike talents and the awesome logo that shines above the rest, except the Whalers of course. They are strong and I think I'd probably play a similar role with them, sliding into a 4th line spot with other rookies on the team. My player would fit in perfect with their heavy hitters, I would blend in, move into the right locations and get a lot of good looks to steal or hit someone to free up the puck. Halifax is already strong enough and adding myself into the mix would only make them stronger, they would have the same chances at winning the cup and nothing would change for them. The only thing I think I would improve would be the possible cup winning photo.

(159 words)

Task #5
Kasperi Braun Whalers vs. Tibuk Soonika Outlaws

We knew the Vancouver Whalers and Anaheim Outlaws series was going to be a good one after watching both teams take down the competition with clutch scoring all season and during the playoffs, both of their goaltenders haven't slowed down either, matching their performances from the regular season with flashy and timely saves at dire times. After the first game, Soonika took over and showed what he was made of, winning the game for his team after a standout night. In the second game we saw similar results and Soonika's pads were getting a workout, giving his team a comfortable 2-0 lead in the finals, shocking the Whalers. Game 3 we saw a different Whaler team and the night ended with Braun taking the torch and running with it the whole way, he only allowed 1 goal against which would help shift the momentum back to the Whalers.. but will it be enough?

(157 words)

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 09:25 PM by Toivo.)

Task 1: Anchorage’s 2nd line was doing good with Joe Kerr having 9 points in 12 games and Spencer MacLean having 8 points in 12 games. Spencer MacLean put up 5 goals. These players were hovering around 20 minutes a game. The other linemate, Olivier Cloutier had 45 shots but only 1 goal, a 2.22% shoot percentage, very unlucky compared to the good numbers Cloutier had in the regular season. The third struggled, was -4. Brock Emmerton was actually -5but had 8 points in 12 games, 1 goal and 7 assists. Had the rest of the third line played better, Anchorage may have gone farther. The third line had the biggest negative impact, but I wouldn’t blame them solely. Despite their underperforming when it mattered most, those players are still young and growing. Watch Primeau and Jones to return next season hungrier and stronger. The Armada will have a new lineup next season, and can learn from the mistakes of these playoffs. (160 words)

Task 2: Survival of the fittest: Top 5 Average Minutes per Game (Not counting finals)
1 Jerry Mander – Anaheim’s Mander logged 25.01 minutes per game. In that time, he’s put up 2 goals and 7 assists for 9 points and is plus-7.
2. Noah Tedla – Anaheim’s other defenseman clocked in at 24:07 minutes per game. He has 2 goals and 6 assists and is plus-4. He and Mander play important roles in getting Anaheim where they currently are.
3. Haley Knight – Halifax’s Knight has played 16 games and 23:07 minutes per game. Knight has 3 goals and 8 assists for 11 points.
4. Delver Fudgeson – the rookie! Fudgeson logged 22.79 minutes per game and put up 5 points ( 3 goals, 2 assists).
5. Kalevi Karhunen – Anchorage’s Karhunen comes in 5th with 22.71 minutes per game. Karhunen was minus-6 but had 6 points ( 1 goal and 5 assists) in 12 games.

Task 3:
1. St Louis Scarecrows To be the best, you got to beat the best, so I would like to faceoff against the Scarecrows in the finals
2. Anaheim Outlaws This team led the league for a long portion of the season and has an S49 draft rival in Anthony Archer, would much rather be in there facing them than the ‘Couve.
3. Detroit Falcons Right behind the Falcons. They’d proved to be a tough competitor in the playoffs for Armada, would have made for a interesting finals.
4. Vancouver Whalers Tied with Detroit in the regular seasons and ultimately beat the Armada. This would have been a great finals and I would like another crack at the ‘Couve.
5. Montreal Militia This team finished the regular season with a 1 goal differential. They are middle of the pack.
6. Lethbridge Lions They have some promise to them and would make just as good of a finals opponent as anyone in the bottom half of this past season’s standings.
7. Halifax Raiders I have history with this team long long ago. I appreciated the time of career of Raiders’ Hall of Famer Toivo Kosonen.
8. Colorado Raptors Dinosaurs are kind of cool.
9. Kelowna Knights They’re just poised for a cup run now. Maybe soon in the future though!

Task 4: Easily the Anaheim Outlaws. Elijah Jones has been close with Outlaws’ Anthony Archer and the two wingers lead the draft class in development, with Archer currently a hair above Jones. The two on the same line could be deadly. Watch these two players compete next season in the SMJHL where they should be near their peaks. The Outlaws are a great team, evident by their current place in the SMJHL finals. Jones would add to an already stacked team. Besides that, there are a few other familiar faces within this franchise. Jones had a limited impact on the Armada which has decent depth, too. Perhaps for that reason it would make more sense to go onto a less deep team and play a bigger role. Jones is not tough to please and would happily suit up for any team that called on him. That said, it’s tough to imagine not being on the Anchorage Armada with all the boat bois.

Task 5: Pre-Finals
Vancouver’s Kasperi Braulin vs Anaheim’s Tibuk Soonika
12 Games Played 11
8 Wins 8
3 Losses 0
1 OT Losses 3
0.890 Save PCT 0.918
2.57 GA Avg 1.91
These two brick walls face off in the Four Star Cup Finals and should a good ol’ fashioned goalie duel. The nod in the net goes to Tibuk Soonika with the advantage in losses, save percentage, goals against average, and games played. Soonika has only played 11, whereas Kasperi Braulin has been out there for 12. That little extra wear and tear could make Braulin much more tired coming into the finals than Soonika. Soonika’s goals against average is really good and shows that opponents are having a difficult time figuring him out. The Outlaws trust their goalie so their game is naturally elevated. Watch for the Outlaws to lean on Soonika in the Finals. Vancouver will need Braulins’ numbers to rise a bit if they want to take home the Four Star Cup. (165 words)

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 05:42 AM by wumaduce.)

Task 1

The line making the biggest difference in the playoffs this season is the second line of the Anaheim Outlaws. Featuring trade acquisition Monkey D Luffy surrounded by Anthony Archer and Yoshimitsu McCloud on his wings, this line has been an absolute powerhouse for these playoffs and is a big part of Anaheim stomping into the finals for a second season in a row. In the game 2 victory for the Outlaws Luffy picked up a goal and an assist, while McCloud managed to net an assist. While Archer was held off the score sheet, his play has been absolutely critical to enabling his linemates to get open and find the space they need to put the puck in the net.

The defensive pairing of Heat Siecker and Derek Bohne Jr for the Colorado Raptors was one of the worst showings in the playoffs. Siecker held up, but Bohne picked up only one assist and was responsible for a penalty which cost his team a very badly timed power play goal.

(170 words)

Task 2 -

Top 5 Ways to Cure a Playoff Hangover

Did you stay up too late watching your team win? Did you go extra hard when they lost? Are you in rough shape today? We have the cure for you!

1 - Call out of work, shut the blinds, drink some water, and go back to sleep.
2 - Chug pedialyte like it was that last beer you opened.
3 - Call up your paramedic friend and have him bring you an IV of saline.
4 - Drink more! You'll eventually discover time travel and wake up in time for the next game.
5 - Accept reality, and take it like a (wo)man. You did this to yourself.

Task 3 -

1 - Anaheim Outlaws. I don't think there's any question about why I wouldn't want to face them. As the only other J team I'd play for, they have a great roster and terrific management. They're in the finals for a second season, and up 2-1 on the series. That should say it all.

2 - Detroit Falcons - Birds scare me. Plus I'd imagine it's really hard to check a bird. Plus, I'm sure they poop on the ice.

3 - Anchorage Armada - Why would you want to go against an Armada? That just seems like a bad idea.

4 - Lethbridge Lions - Lions are dangerous. I'm not sure how they handle traction on ice, but I don't think it's something I really want to find out.

5 - Vancouver Whalers - They kill whales. They'll surely kill a raptor just for sheer sport.

6 - Montreal Militia - Since PenKnight's player is still active, he'd probably be lecturing people about all sorts of stuff without making a point. I don't want to be bored.

7 - Halifax Raiders - Raiders can be dangerous. I've played the Fallout series.

8 - Kelowna Knights - Knights typically wear heavy armor. I'd imagine this would slow them down in the ice. I'd be okay with this match up.

9 - St Louis Scarecrows - They sit on their sticks and don't move. I'm down for this series.

(220ish)

Task 4 -

If I hadn't been drafted by the Colorado Raptors, I would probably be playing for the Anaheim Outlaws right now. Given their current roster, I'd probably be buried in the lines and playing almost no minutes due to my low tpe. However, I'd be in the Finals right now. I think this season I would definitely not help their chances at winning a Cup, but given that I'm likely going to be close to the cap next season, I think I'd be a huge help when they go for the potential back to back to back championship series victory. Next season I think I'd go from a 3rd pairing to a 2nd or even 1st pairing, depending on how the offseason callups go for them and the defense that they have now. Hell, maybe they like what they see in me anyway and try to trade for me next season as I approach the tpe cap!

(156)

Task 5 -

You want a goalie match up? I'll give you one. Tibuk Soonika against... Well, anyone. Soonika is on fire. Granted, he has a great team in front of him. But, look at the leader boards for goalies in the playoffs. Up to this point in the playoffs, he's leading the league in save percentage (11 games played, with a .918 save percentage), and no one is coming close to that now. He's averaging almost half a goal per game less than the second place (Knox Booth, 6 gp with a 2.47 gaa) at 11 gp and a 1.91 gaa! He's tied for the league lead with 1 shutout this postseason. The only goalie with more wins than him is Biz Nasty, who has 9 wins in 16 games compared to Soonika's 8 wins in 11 games. And, Soonika isn't even making the list of top 10 losses! I've made some comparisons to other goalies here, but the fact remains - Soonika is the best goalie in the playoffs.

(167)

[Image: FJPVyys.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 05:24 AM by Smirnov Light.)

Task #1 -

On the brink of game seven writing an article on the most important line for my team in the playoffs it happens to be very dangerous. The jinx can be strong however the line will hopefully stay stronger. It has been quite obvious which line may be carrying the Outlaws as the McLoud, Luffy, Petrov line happens to have the best net impact. Through eleven games they combine for a plus 20 and a combined 35 points for -- outstanding numbers through eleven games. Their impact is not only on the offensive end as they tend to be some of the better defenders on the Anaheim team. While they may have a strong impact, there are other players and lines which tend to be irrelevant and where they seem to be a positive for the organization as long as they are not a negative (as of before the finals a total of a zero impact on ice, zero plus/minus). Rookies Leonid Kofix, Daniel Gonzalez, and Karl Motley -- all held scoreless through eleven games look to make sure to have a non-negative impact as the Outlaws hope for a title win.

Task #2 -

Top Five members of the Anaheim Outlaws LR:
- JNH
- Donini
- SpartanGibbles
- Segi
- Dangles13

Task #3 -

Given that we are in the finals against the Vancouver Whalers I think it makes sense to list them as the organization I would like to play the least in the finals. The Whalers and Outlaws are about to play a game 7 so rest assured that I can say that they are the team we would likely have wanted to play the least. Following them are the Anchorage Armada a team that lost to the Whalers in five games. The Armada are ranked ahead of the Halifax Raiders as we did not play them in the playoffs and they too would have likely have been a major threat to us in the finals. Finally, the last team I will list in this task is the Lethbridge Lions -- a team we beat in the first round. The Lions took us to to six games and other than Vancouver have been our only major test. As a whole it would be dumb to make a list for who I would have rather played since it would be anyone but the Whalers!

Task #4 -

If I were not on the Anaheim Outlaws I would have loved to have been on the Kelowna Knights. I do not think I would have had a major role however the history I have with the organization would have had a giant influence on myself and would have been a great story for me to come back to the SMJHL. I was the former Assistant General Manager of the Knights for Fever95 and I enjoyed my time at the world class organization. I believe my player could have slotted in on the third line and could have gotten much more playing time however I do not believe that I would have had much of a positive impact. As a whole I would love to have returned back to the organization for a chance to help them advance to the final round, if not now in the future. The Knights are world class and definitely the second team in my heart as of now.

Task #5 -

When tracking goaltending matchups, there is no better one to track than the one currently ongoing during the SMJHL finals. Tibuk Soonika and Kasperi Braulin are two of the best SMJHL goalies and them meeting up in the finals should not have been a surprise. As of before the final round they posted a 1.91 and a 2.57 Goals Against Average respectively, and both accumulated eight wins. Neither have been too busy as Soonika faced 267 shots and Braulin had to face 255 shots. Braulin played one more game -- twelve in total -- than Soonika showing that Braulin had a better defense in front of him despite a higher Goals Against Average. To me this means that Soonika is more important to the Outlaws team success and that he will need to outplay Braulin slightly for the Outlaws to win in the finals. Game seven is approaching and their previous performance may not always equal future success. As many hockey fans know, the playoffs are where the goalies steal the spotlight.

TASK ONE
1 Knute Knurtsson Calogero Crudelli Julio Tokolosh
"While the Raptors were not in the playoffs long, this would be my pick for our top line, combined, the line was our best producer in every major statistical category. They had a total of 14 points in 6 games and were mostly a positive line. I think had our team been able to go deeper into the playoffs, they would have made an even bigger impact but based on the unfortunate scenario, we were taken out too soon but these guys still put on a good performance. Despite how good they actually did perform, I think our team as a whole should also get a bit of a "nod" for their performances because a lot of the team was very consistent, we had 90% of the team as 2 points and some even at 3 points, it was an overall great effort, but our top line certainly did it best. (158 words)

TASK TWO
TOP FACE-OFF PLAYERS
1 Gordon Bombay (ANA) 11 63.97%
2 Raino Kyllonen (DET) 7 63.89%
3 Jan Zacha (VAN) 12 61.96%
4 Jake Peralta (COL) 6 61.45%
5 Josef Novotny (KEL) 6 58.76%

I love face-offs, and so I decided to make my list based on this. Now, to me this information is slightly skewed because most of the players in the top 5 did not play out a majority of the games like the other players did, so for me guys like Zacha and Bombay are most interesting because they've played more games, thus having more face-offs taken and they are still in the top 5. This is a neat little list that I bring forth because I feel like FO's are so important especially in the playoffs.

TASK THREE
5. Detroit Falcons - I don't mind the team, I've been on the team numerous times with my older players but I just don't know if I'd want to face them or not. From what I can see, they are a good team that fell short in the playoffs after making a good push and just unfortunately lost in the end, that being said, I think it'd be fun, but not the ideal team to play.

4. Lethbridge Lions - Like some have said about this franchise, I do not know much about them but looking at their roster and success, they are a hell of a team to compete against, I'd like to play them because any skilled team in the league would be a fun challenge for me and because of this, I'd like to take them on and see what happens.

3. Vancouver Whalers - This team is scary good, they've got a brutal team and just so much power in all departments they'd be hard to beat, because of that, I'd love the challenge but at the same time would be scared to face them in the finals because well...they are a great team haha. Overall though, would be fun.

2. Anaheim Outlaws - Another scary team here, they are good, built for success and having one hell of a playoffs, that being said, I think it'd be fun because of the history I have with this team, I've been on the team before, coached it, etc, so it'd just be fun to meet them in the playoffs and see what they can do.

1. St. Louis - We've had some epic battles with St. Louis and because of that, I think it'd be a fun showdown between this team, we've had some good and bad games against them and because of this, that is what makes me want the series against them over other teams, there is so many other good teams out there but this one would just be historic and fun for many other reasons.

(337 words)

TASK FOUR
"For my player in-particular, if I wasn't on Colorado I'd likely be on Anaheim. A lot of teams approached me when I first came back and I had a hard decision to make, however I know the GM very well, I have a long history with their GM and so I think that would've been my resting place. Overlooking their roster, to me anyways I think I'd have slotted in very well as the second pairing d-man, I am at 250 TPE, my attributes seem better than that of their current second pairing guys, so just by default I'd slide in there. My guy is more of an offensive d-man with some defensive capabilities so I suppose it'd also come down to what kind of tactics they use on each line? And just as a back-up answer, the other team I was heavily considering would be Vancouver, they made a superb pitch and they were already a great team even before I would've joined the team, however I think my role there would be a little bit more limited just simply due to the sheer amount of talent that they have." (191 words)

TASK FIVE
So for this task, I actually chose to approach it a little, differently? I went with Anaheim versus both of their opponents, which were Lethbridge and Halifax, the reason I did this honestly because I am just so impressed by the statistical advantage Anaheim had in terms of their goaltending, as proven with the following statistics:
Tibuk Soonika 11 8 0 3 0.918 1.91 (ANA)
Biz Nasty 16 9 6 0 0.886 2.79 (HFX)
Mike McKorsy 2 0 1 0 0.879 3.56 (HFX)
Harry Carpet 12 6 5 1 0.880 2.66 (LET)

So just pure statistic based, you can see just how GOOD Soonika was against both of Anaheim's opponents. Halifax used two goalies in the playoffs, both of which weren't really performing all that good, both of them under a .900% and both of them with fairly high GAA, Lethbridge proved to be the same, Carpet has again under .900% and almost 3.00 GAA, but then you turn it over to Soonika, and my god are his numbers just impressive, not only is he .918%, and 1.91 GAA, he also has not lost in regulation...yep, that means he's technically undefeated in a 60 minute game, this is just like...beyond words. Really impressed as a whole with Anaheim but this guy takes the cake. (215 words)
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 09:59 AM by Nokazoa.)

Task #1 - 

To be quite honest, our lines are finely tuned. The answer will be simple. Our first line is a powerhouse of talent. Led by Wilson, who by himself has put up 10 goals and 14 assists, the first line leads the playoffs in multiple categories. That's not to discount the other lines, but Wilson, Gray, and Morgan are just so good together. It is a great season for Morgan to move up with, and I wish him the best. Combined, the first line ended up with 22 goals between them along with 33 assists. For the least producing line, that would be the fourth. They are the more inexperienced line, and they just are not being used because of this. That's not the fault of Jan Zacha Jon Forty-One or Artem Mozgov. The Whalers don't want mistakes when everyone else is bringing their best, so they are not as important to the game plan. Least they took off Jean-Paul Boivin once they got serious. That is a detriment to a line right there.

Task #2 - 
TOP 5 Whaler Fan Sayings
1.  We ain't fighting, We out here Braulin
2. The Braulin Wall Protects 
3. Whales sink Ships (Whaler chant to Armada Fans)
4. Jon gave me high sodium (Referencing Jon Forty-One)
5. THE BOI SUCKS, GET HIM OFF THE ICE!

Task #3 -  

Scarecrows - They are a good team, and I would like it to be a competitive show. They had a great regular season, and a good group of guys on the ice. They also had a lot of hype around them in my opinion, and I would love to see that crushed.

Outlaws - I want to see the Brualin Wall go against Archer and Soonika. Both strong opponents, and I want the Whalers to earn it. Also, Outlaws are a stupid team name. There I said it.

raiders - Most of the Lockerroom seems to have some sort of loving hatred with this team, so mainly for the memes. Not much of a reason to this, but come on, I don't need one.

Falcons - I just like their uniforms. i hear they are a fairly solid team

Armada Raptors Knights Militia - These are all teams I can't form a good opinion around without padding the word count. Don't get me wrong, I am sure they are all good teams, but I am new so i don't even know them by reputation. 

Task #4 -   
If I wasn't playing for S48 Whalers what team would I be on? I don't know. Who wants to be on the losing team? I was a FA that joined to the first team that approached me. I am an easy lay what can I say? Going off pure aesthetics, Falcons or Knights. I hear the Falcons are some good memers, and the Knights are just a good looking team. Jean-Paul can be vain so why not? I would probably slot in their fourth line LW. Apparently, I am a playoff player this season so I may help them produce some. As far as what I would bring, I hit things. Hard. I also bring penalties so I somewhat doubt I would improve their chances that much. Maybe if I was lucky and I joined a few weeks earlier I could have been a benefit to my team. At the moment, I get some hits and then get off the ice.

Task #5 -  

[Image: goaliebs.png]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Task #1 -

The top line of Cant Eykhil, Eva Lykke Aparjode and Boruvka Banananak were by far the best line for the Lethbridge Lions during the playoffs AND regular season. They did not falter when the pressure was on in the playoffs. Banananak led the team with 12 points in 12 games, while Aparjode was only 1 behind with 11. These three have had to match up against the toughest competition and found a way to succeed. The team probably doesn’t make it out of the first round if these three don’t play outstanding as they had ever since they were put together.
On a more negative side, the bottom pair of Jay Steele and RJ Lloris struggled to really get it going at even strength. While I wouldn’t call their performance “terrible” a team needs all three pairs to be working in the playoffs, and this is one that simply didn’t click in their limited sample. Jay Steele was left pointless and a -4 in 232 minutes played. While Lloris had 2 assists and was a +1, this wasn’t enough to balance the pair to be a high enough quality pairing to really improve the team.

Task #2 -

Top Five Best Looking Lethbridge Lions Players:

#5 - Cal Clucker. Barely backing it onto this list, Cal has a sort of rugged handsomeness that someone would probably like if they were into faces with “character”. Lot of blocked shots that make it under the visor with this one.

#4 - Eva Lykke Aparjode. Led the team in assists during the playoffs. What a beaut.

#3 - Jules L’Eclair. Plays on the second line, but has top line ability. Ranked number 3, but much like in the lineup could easily be called a 1A.

#2 - Boruvka Banananak. Being the best offensive player on a junior team is quite attractive to some.

#1 - Delver Fudgeson. I mean, obviously this guy is the true rocket of the team. SHL teams should be looking to draft just to put him on the posters outside the arena to bring in a crowd. Very marketable.

Task #3 -  

#9 - St. Louis Scarecrows. Best team in the regular season. Probably the favorite in a series against the Lions. Don’t want any part of that.

#8 - Anaheim Outlaws. The team that beat us in the playoffs. No thanks.

#7 - Detroit Falcons. This team is in the finals and looks really really good. Like good enough to beat my team, so again, no thank you.

#6 - Vancouver Whalers. Whaling is pretty unchill, if you ask me. These guys finished 4th in the league and seem like they would be a really difficult matchup.

#5 - Montreal Militia. A bit of a drop off from 6 to 5 here, this series is the first one that may actually seem winnable. Still a good team and would be the favorite, but I would welcome this challenge.

#4 - Anchorage Armada. Another team that seems like they would have a very good series with the Lions. Same thing to say about them as I do Montreal.

#3 - Halifax Raiders. Finished 10 points below the Lions, giving them a spot in my top 3 preferred matchups in the finals, on account of, at least this season, I think we could have beaten them.

#2 - Colorado Raptors. See: Halifax Raiders.

#1 - Kelowna Knights. The worst team in the league. We beat them in the playoffs for our first playoff series win in franchise history. Give me these guys in the finals for the only win I can confirm. By the time the Lions and Knights are ready are ready to contend for real maybe it will be a good series. I know Kelowna has a good group and will be dangerous in seasons to come.

Task #4 -

Obviously I think I’m on the perfect team in a great role currently with the Lethbridge Lions, and I would choose them over anyone in the league. However, in this hypothetical, to me at least, it looks like the Halifax Raiders would be a team that could use the help of Delver Fudgeson. Adding another scoring d-man capable of playing big minutes alongside their established #1 D, Haley Knight. I would probably fit on their top pair, but they could put me on the second one to balance the lines and help with matchups. Plus my playstyle may conflict with their current #1. I feel like my player would make a pretty big impact on the team. I don’t know if it would be enough to make it a contender right away, but it would be a good fit and would definitely improve them immediately. With a few additional pieces and/or my own development, the team would be in a good place to contend soon.

Task #5 -  

Harry Carpet versus Malcolm Weekes in the first round between the Lethbridge Lions and Kelowna Knights was the matchup I was most invested in personally. Over the course of the regular season, Carpet had the advantage in save percentage with a .886% against Weekes’ .869%. Weekes, a rookie goalie I don’t think can be completely at fault for his poor save percentage. The role he had to take on as a starter with no real veteran presence to help guide him is a difficult task, and I believe he did as well as anyone could have asked him to. Carpet won 22 games, making his overall Win/Loss ratio 1:1. Weekes unfortunately only had 13 wins on the season in 45 starts. Weekes had 2 assists to Carpet’s 1. While Carpet had 4 PIMS to Weekes’ 0. Carpet seems to like to delay the game to take drinks from his whiskey in a water bottle.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2019, 12:50 AM by Keygan.)

Task #1

The best line combination for the Montreal Militia would without a shadow of a doubt have to be the rookie gruesome twosome of Hugh Jazz and Conor Tanner coupled with whoever is fortunate enough to be placed with us for the game whether it was Ravyn Tedisko or Harry whatever his irrelevant last name is, we were feared in the league as rookies and it is a true shame that we will not be able to continue on as a partner on this great adventure we call life.

Our worst combination after looking at our best combination should be relatively obvious to guess, but I am going to put it into words, the worst line combination for the Militia would obviously have to be any line combination that did not have the gruesome twosome of Jazz and Tanner, they were feared in the league for their creative playmaking ability on the ice, they should be out there 60 minutes a night.

@Hallsy

Task #2

Top 5 Weirdest things done to the Cup after a victory:

Number 5: Horse hay, after winning the Cup in S37 the Detroit Falcons decided to fed Kentucky Derby winner "Get the Goals" out of the cup.

Number 4: Dog food, after winning the cup in S48 Vancouver Whalers player Darren Mills posed with the cup after feeding his dog Plinko out of it.

Number 3: A tomato, after winning the cup in S47 the Anaheim Outlaws decided to get creative a grow a plant in the cup, ultimately a tomato came to fruition.

Number 2: Uh oh, while not a four star cup, when the Edmonton Blizzard won the cup in S45, then player Connor Tanner placed his son in the cup for some photo ops, and needless to say we don't need to say what was left behind.

Number 1: Lady and the Tramp? After his second challenge cup victory in S48 Connor decided to share a lovely spaghetti dinner in the cup with his wife Blake, knowing what happened to it in 45 makes me wonder what he was thinking.

Task 3:

Teams I would most like to face in the finals and why:

#9 Anaheim Outlaws

#8 Vancouver Whalers

#7 Kelowna Knights

#6 St Loius Scarecrows

#5 Detroit Falcons

#4 Lethbridge Lions

#3 Colorado Raptors

#2 Anchorage Armada

#1 Montreal Militia

The only one I feel the need to elaborate on is Montreal Militia, after being traded from the only franchise his entire family has ever known Conor has a deep desire in his heart to enact revenge, as he now cannot win a championship for his family, the best thing he can do is win a championship against his former team in a triumphiant story of sticking it to the man who did not believe in him from the beginning, a slow rookie season by a Tanner's standard got him traded, but be assured he will be back and better than ever next season prepared to annihilate the Militia in 4 games.

Task #4

The team I would most want to be one if I were not on the team I finished the playoffs with, I would choose the team I am currently with, the Halifax Raiders of Nova Scotia, Canada. I have become teammates with the second highest scoring rookie in the league instead of the absolute highest scoring rookie now, being paired with Cody, the man with no last name, do not ask me how it works because I honestly do not know. I will miss the scoring prowess of Hugh Jazz and whoever laid upon with us on the first line, but those days are gone, he is out in Lethbridge now. I am been welcomed with open arms and can not thank Halifax enough for the opportunity they have presented me with in Halifax, we are hungry for a playoffs victory and the first ever Four Star cup in the entire Tanner family legacy.

Task #5

[Image: goaliematchup.png]

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

CW will be due August 1st, 11:59 Pacific

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Task #1 - [Written Option] Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words. [Graphics Option] Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo. Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

Kristoffer Svensson Jaguar Johnson Ravyn Tedisko , This line has made the biggest impact for montreal this post-season. They have a combined 6 goals, 14 assists for 20 points in 7 games. They were a big reason why we were able to push the series back to 7 games after being down 3-0. They grinded hard against the other team and battled hard without them Montreal wouldn't have made this seires as close as it was. These three made a big impact on and off the ice and were veterans to Jazz and Tanner last season. The most disappointing line was the Jazz line. Jazz only score 3 goals in 7 games after leading the league in scoring among rookies. This was a disappointment for him. He needed to play better so they could win. If he got 4 or 5 goals, or 7 points he would've made the difference for a series victory. He simply didn't show up during this series.

Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements: No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word. [Graphics Option] Create a graphics version of your list.

Top five greatest people on this site.

1a) @nour he is a lovely guy

1b) @Waters one of my gud pals

1c) @Sleepy beepers how r u doing my gud pal. i love u

1d) @Gooney u r the best co i have ever had.

1e) @tig my tiggy u r my oiler brother okay

Task #3 - [Written Option] Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals. Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.

1. Detriot Falcons- They have smelly nour, tig, waters, and kimmy on their team it would be fun to play against this team and smack their ass around like a bunch of dirty hoes

2. Vancouver Whalers smelly wilson and miller, plus reider who is a traitor.

3. Montreal Milita- it would be pretty fuckin trippy to play against the team that you are currently on in the finals if you thik about ti like how ould that happen and why would it happen. it should happen honestly for the memes. I wish more things were done for the memes as this place would be a great place to be in honestly.

4. St.louis Scarecrows- honestly i would want to play against this team because I simply do not want to play for this game. because if you think about it. I can't be on this team if I am playing against this team frick my montreal selection doesn't work

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

I would want to play for the detriot falcons because honestly thats pretty much hamilton steelhawks 2.0 with our future top line our nour-waters-me together we will be unstoppable there is a reason why Nour made a C or Waters made a LW and me made a RW. Its because we are going to be a line one day somehow and We are going to lead a team to victory it would be dope to do it in smjhl and shl. We are all good pals here in Hamilton and tis going to be sad to see nour leave. I think me on detriot would have made us four star cup champions. I would have added the star talent that they lack to win a championship. But I am pretty happy n Montreal and we had a great year glad to have that rookie of the year all locked up now its time to get rookie of the year in the SHL too. And maybe win a couple of MVPS in the SMJHL.

Task #5 - [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season. [Graphics Option] Create an infographic highlighting any goalie matchup from the playoffs. Requirements: Must include 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season, plus both goalie renders and both team logos.

The goalie battle between Vancouver and Anahiem was impressive both goalies in Tibuk Soonika and Kasperi Braulin had above .890 save percentage which is a good save percentage in juniors where it tends to be more higher scoring. They both had GAA under 2.65 which again was a big reason why they were able to make the finals and we saw in the finals that these two goalies duked it out in a 7 game series which was interesting to watch throughout the series. I think whoever was the better goalie was going to win and well Braulin ended up winning as he lead his team to a championship with 12 wins and 1 shutout awhile soonika only had 11 wins and 1 shutoout too. Braulin simply was a baller in Stephens a smith brain in this playoffs. I know it might now been a great goaltending battle as the seires was relatively high scoring but wow was I am impressive by these two goalies.

165 words

Task #1 - [Written Option] The best line combination for the Lethbridge Lions has been their top line of Banananak, Eykhill and Aparjode. The three have combined for thirty two points in twelve games. That sort of productions is very hard to come by considering they only got in two rounds of hockey. All three of those players put up great numbers in the regular season and that translated well into the postseason as well. The worst line had to be third line which combined for ten points in that same span. The third line wasn't really counted on for scoring and providing offence, but it appears they just didn't try. Two thirds of the third line combined for three points in the playoffs and that was a big issue going into the postseason for the Lethbridge Lions to start with. With a somewhat stellar defensive core, it appears the Lions need some more goal scorers. Combined they also only scored two goals.

Task #2 - [Written Option] Top 5 Funniest Liquids in the Food Star Cup
1. Cow Urine from a field in Idaho
2. Kellogg's Rice Krispies with Homo Milk
3. Margaritas from Jimmy Buffett himself
4. Angela Merkel's Bath Water
5. Sewage from the LA River

Task #3 - [Written Option] Ranked Teams for Finals: (Order from Most want to face to least)
1. Kelowna Knights: I think they hold the weakest roster out of all the teams who qualified for the postseason.
2. Colorado Raptors: They hold the second weakest roster in the postseason but I also like their jerseys
3. St. Louis Scarecrows: They seem very weak but they didn't play in the round one matchups so they still have a bit of beef in their lineup.
4. Montreal Militia: I dislike Montreal with a passion. The city and people are the scum of the country in my mind
5. Detroit Falcons: I feel like regardless of Detroits financial outlook, their fans get behind them no matter what.
6. Vancouver Whalers: They are strong but they also copied Hartford and for that I can't wait to have a chance at beating them.
7. Anchorage Armada: I feel like it's a very solid roster.
8. Halifax Raiders: Halifax is a nice city but their team is nasty and they will grind away in games.
9. Anaheim Outlaws: They have the deepest roster.

Task #4 - [Written Option] If I wasn't playing for the Lethbridge Lions I'd want to be playing for the Anaheim Outlaws. They have a deep roster and tons of veterans to help a young net minder such as myself out. I pride myself on stopping the puck so to have some guys in front of me that know how to block the puck and score goals is a huge bonus. I think confidence is something a young goaltender needs and I am no different. Anaheim would still have me as the backup goalie so it's not like I would be coming into that deep roster and be the starter right away anyways. I have a lot to learn and a powerful lineup could help me do that faster. The Outlaws also have playoffs experience and that goes a long way to giving me the confidence that I need to perform at the professional level.

Task #5 - [Written Option] Biz Nasty from Halifax is a good goalie but his stats in the series versus St. Louis were very lacklustre. Nasty was a somewhat decent goalie during the regular season and despite his squad triumphing over the Scarecrows, his stats do not bode well for them. St. Louis leaned heavily on Aleksi O'Koivu'Volkova who also didn't have a great series. However, both goalies somehow didn't get the hook as much as we thought. These two goalies were basically battling for top spot in this series and both got bailed out by the skaters in front of them. If these two teams look to go far next year, this is an area they will have to clean up otherwise other teams will take them to the cleaners like they did this year. An .865 save percentage with 3 victories and a 3.64 GAA is not going to cut it for Aleksi. Nasty's stats were nasty (as in bad) with an .886 save percentage, 4 wins and a 2.79 GAA.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

Task 1:
The Detroit Falcons had a dominant first line that posted ridiculous numbers throughout the playoffs. Made up of new acquisition Austin Roenick flanked by veterans Savoli Tankovic and Espen Knutsen Jr., the line combined for 11 goals and 26 points in just 7 games. This line shined throughout the series, keeping the Falcons in it despite the extended period of time they spent in the lurch. However, the 3rd line, made up of two rookies in Khabib Nurmagedov and Skao Anazibf as well as a veteran in Kalvins Zvejnieks, struggled a ridiculous amount, managing just 2 points over the same period, a pitiful number that highlighted how difficult the young players had it when it came to playoff experience. This large disparity between the first line and the others hurt the team a lot and contributed heavily to their early exit, but its expected that the rookies who now have more playoff time under their belts will improve greatly in the coming season.

Task 2:
Top 5 worst playoff teams

1. St. Louis Scarecrows - they got a bye and sucked hard ass, being knocked out in only 5 games.
2. Kelowna Knights/Colorado Raptors - bad teams but at least they made it to 6 games in their first series
3. Anchorage Armada - clearly got lucky in round 1 and then got rightfully spanked in round 2
4. Falcons/Militia - both lost in 7 after being able to rest
5. Lethbridge Lions - they scrapped it out but couldn't make it work

Task 3:
1) Colorado Raptors: Garbo team with garbo players, easy win, next

2) Kelowna Knights: See Above but they have actual history

3) St. Louis Scarecrows: Nobody likes the scarecrows, I'd really like to face them in the playoffs and bean them for existing

4) Anchorage Armada: They really pissed me off by somehow winning that series against us despite clearly being inferior, I'd love to devastate their souls by beating them in the finals

5) Montreal Militia: See Scarecrows but these guys are less relevant and I don't really care about them anymore

6) Lethbridge Lions: I don't really care about this team at all

7) Halifax Raiders: See Lethbridge but more relevant and Raiders are generally

8) Anaheim Outlaws: Very good team, petrified of facing them

9) Vancouver Whalers: A lot of my greatest friends have Whalers connections, I don't want to win or lose against them

Task 4:
If I wasn't playing for the Falcons, I would probably most like to play for the Vancouver Whalers. I have had many friends who were either Whalers alumni or part of the management group at some point in time, and I believe i'd fit in well with the environment they have going. Their management showed interest in bringing me to their team during the draft but I was going to Detroit no matter what, so that died. I believe they have been run like a well-oiled machine for many years now, and even with an outsider taking the team over, I truly believe we will see that continue, with advice from the current management group probably still being available to the new General Manager. I think I'd do well in the lineup, have a very solid base from which to get advice and I'd be able to help with whatever needed.

Task 5:
I believe the goalie matchup between Peter Larson and Emiko Spector, for the Armada and Falcons respectively, deserves some recognition for how important it really was. Spector played well, managing a .895 SV% and a 2.75 GAA over the 7 games, getting himself a shutout in the infamous 7-0 game, but Larsen took the cake, with a .903 SV% despite giving up 7 goals in one of the games that they played. It's fair to say that the better goalie ended up winning this series, with Larson's insanely clutch performances when it mattered took down a Falcons team that had high hopes for a deep playoff run that was not meant to be. If Spector managed to play just a little bit better and stepped up to the playoff pressure, or Larson had played like a human being, we would be talking about a very different playoff series and possibly a very different ending to the playoffs.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page