Create Account

S49 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread

Dragonite Ahh Dragonite Ahh Dragonite

The Calgary Dragons are the most successful and consistent franchise in the SHL, winning 7 Challenge Cups and making the playoffs 23 of the last 25 seasons! As you learn more about our team, feel free to check out our rich history HERE and our Team Profile HERE. We're a hard working team and a top notch organization. We're always looking for motivated young players to enhance the Dragons experience! We have a  great atmosphere, strong leadership, we support each other and have a lot of fun. If you're a prospect for the S49 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

We have an exciting young roster all working toward the same goal! Check out this cool team video by our Captain Mike Izzy!!

Please link us your Player Page: Example

Code:
[b]1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

5. Are you a hockey fan? What is your favorite NHL team?

6. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!

8. Currently the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about playing for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!![/b]

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the team or pm @Steelhead77 @c00kies @Mike Izzy

Maybe we'll call your name on Draft Day and can set the league on Fire Together!!!

[Image: source.gif]

Thanks for your Time!

Dragonite Dragonite

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Welcome s49’s!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Hello! Please see my signature for both my player page and update thread. Now, onto your questions:

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team? 

9. I am highly interested in joining a competitive team with a proven track record and a leadership core that includes Mike Izzy, of who I have seen be nothing but a complete pro in his correspondence with others. 

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success? 

Franchise goaltender, 100% open to advice. 

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

Absolutely have time, this is my kind of game/hobby.

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this). 

Over 30! Not afraid to say it Smile

Big time hockey fan. Toronto Maple Leafs baby!

The community and the ongoing PT's/PGS during the season, as well as the money factor. It's all great. Smile

Most recent media
Most recent podcast

8. Currently the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about playing for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons? 

Hell yeah, I love being a part of the Raptors and also had been planning on staying with them for that long.

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

I'm a great teammate who loves this game and will be around for a long time, if you need a goalie for the future, I'm your man. Thank you for your consideration!

[Image: f7IGJw3.png]
[Image: UFYQyLU.png]

Player Page

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team? 
9, like you guys said Calgary is most consistent and successful franchise out there. The Dragons have a great mix of young and veteran talent, along with some great users.

A goal scoring Center. I'm always open to advice, I'm a first time player so I'll take all the advice I can get.

I see myself in it for the long haul, I'm pretty busy right now with school and an internship but I still log on every day.

Yep, Detroit Red Wings

I love how active and friendly the locker rooms are, plus the weekly PTs are pretty fun to right.

1st Media

I love being a Scarecrow and wouldn't mind staying down there for a while. 

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!
I didn't join a the league until about 9 games into the regular season so I don't have the highest number of TPE, but every week I've been trying my best to make my player the best he can be. I'm a good teammate that isn't afraid to change my build around a little bit to help benefit the team. 

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

6. Entirely based off the fact that it's in Calgary.

Sniper. Yes, open to advice.

I doubt it.

An Oilers fan actually lol.

The community.

GFX.

Yeah, why not?

In all seriousness, I'd love to play for you guys if you were to draft me. I'll play for any team really.

Player page in sig.

[Image: KIHXpPg.png]
[Image: det.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]

I hate scales of 1-10. I'm very interested.

Pass first winger. Yes.

For the first time since I joined in 2014, I'm in a new job that gives me plenty of time for this.

I'm closer to 30 than 20

Ya. Go Hawks.

I'd have to say the ambiance.

A lot. This season I've been doing the S49 Draft Preview series, and I'm having fun with it.

I'd be happier with 2, but would do 3 if need be.

I just want to be a member of #TeamIzzy
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 09:10 PM by CFJ.)

Player Page

8. Let's get that Three Headed Monster going xD. And Prince Devitt could use them Chicken Parms you know.

Well with Crossfit Jesus, it was about being the bonafide scoring. Now I want to be a shutdown defencemen that is a solid puck mover as well.

Not really besides me going back to school in the Fall, I'm usally more on Discord now then on the site.

Over 20

Leafs. It's a complicated relationship

Just seeing the success of your player when it hits it's peak.

You know my Wrestling Stories xD

Sure, I don't mind

Prince Devitt is 4444444 LYFE

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Whalers PLAYER PAGE Whalers

If 5 is average, I would say a 7. I don't know much about the various teams, but I gather that you all must be fairly active to maintain competitiveness as you do. That is something I want. Active discord/ members. Good team culture is a plus also, and, from an outsider looking in, you all seem to have active, one could say proud, members 
I looking to make a pass-first power forward that gets big hits. I am also open to advice because I had no idea what I was doing when I made my build, and my captain has been helping me ever since. 
Within the next year, I am supposed to be getting married around October, but I should be able to still have time for the League. Job-wise, I may be moving to a new shift, but I should still be able to be active like I currently am.
23. Stalk me. I don't care
Fairly new Hockey fan. About three years ago, actually. Nashville Predators
The community and my discord interactions with my teammates. 
I do graphics, and I plan to start doing media. My GFX isn't amazing yet since I mainly do character drawing but here is my latest Signature. I have been getting critiques from some of the guys, and that's been helping a lot. My first sig is in my signature but its eh
8. Currently, the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about playing for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons? 
I am fairly patient. I like the Whalers and its staff. Good group of guys there too. As a person, I am pretty "go with the flow" for the most part. 
The biggest thing to know, Is that I am a TPE maniac. Well, I try to be. I haven't been here long, but I will break 200 TPE by next update. I say this actually having no frame of reference if that is good or not, but hey, I am new. I don't expect Jean-Paul to be the biggest superstar. I do want him to be a presence and a fixture for the team. At the very least consistent. I am also just a good guy to be around. Ask my team. They should say "Oh yeah, that guy. He is alright, I guess." Also Let's Go WHALERS Whalers

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Looks like we have a kick ass group this season Cheers

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Do I have a choice or do I care? If I'm drafted, I'm drafted. That's where I'll be.
Sniper. I think I've got this.
I plan on being a top earner. Don't worry about it.
I am 20
I watch soccer. Unless the Chicago Fire get rebranded, then it's just women's soccer.
Winning the Turd Ferguson.
No, I'm tired and overworked.
I'm planning on staying down as long as possible.
I'm so tired.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Finn-Rhys Player Page

I'm definitely a 10. I know very little about Calgary but I do know that I'd be more than happy to pull on your sweater and hopefully help you win more championships.

I'm looking to build a pass-first defenseman who can help out offensively when needed but really focuses on blocking shots and keeping goals out of the net. I'm always open to advice on how to build my player, especially if it helps out the team more.

So, the only thing I could see affecting my ability to be active is my job. I work in a demanding job in the defense sector and it sometimes requires working long hours. That said, so far I've been able to find the time to stay active and continue developing my player.

I'm an immature mid-30s. I like to keep it fun and people usually think I'm much younger than I am (thanks baby face)

I am. I'm a Washington Capitals fan but as soon as Seattle actually gets their expansion franchise I'll be the first in line to switch allegiances.

I've enjoyed helping Halifax and updating my player to help out more. And the LR on discord has been fun. 

I've done several media pieces. Here is one link. Media

I am absolutely ok with playing for as long as needed in the SMJHL. I have a great team that I love playing for with an awesome locker room. Any time I spend in the SMJHL is going to benefit you in the long run and benefit me as far as getting playing time and hopefully winning a trophy for Halifax.

Feel free to DM me if you want to know more. I'm excited for the opportunity and wish you all the best, even if you don't draft me. Cheers! 

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Player Page

I'd probably put my interest at a 7, like just about every other team in the SHL. I don't know too much about the team right now other than that you guys have been making the playoffs pretty consistently over the past 25 seasons, so that's always nice to hear. I'd be interested in being drafted by the Dragons.

I'm looking to build a shutdown defender, with a strong passing game to help break the puck out of our own zone and to ideally control the power play from the point. I am indeed open to advice and will do whatever it takes to help the team succeed.

I've been out of school for a few years now and have a steady full time job, so I don't foresee having any time commitment issues any time soon. Especially nothing that would prevent me from at the very least doing weekly training, PTs, etc.

I'm 24.

I am a hockey fan. I only got into hockey about 10 years ago during the first Red Wings v Penguins finals. Since there's no team in Wisconsin, I decided to adopt the Red Wings as my team. I wanted to root for a team that was close geographically and being a die hard Packer and Brewer fan there wasn't a chance in hell I'd root for a Chicago based team.. And between the Wild and the Red Wings, the wings just had a better history.

I've enjoyed the community as a whole. Plenty of good people in the SHL.

I have written a couple of media articles so far, with another couple that I'm hanging on to until the double media pay opens up. I intend to keep writing enough media to fund weekly training and yearly equipment.

I'm fine with playing in the SMJHL for as long as it takes. I know my build right now isn't up to par with the SHL and that I'll need to keep working on improving my player before I can even expect to compete at the SHL level. 

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Final draft Bump!

Knights|Dragons|Austria