Create Account

IIHF Tampering

So looking at the IIHF Tampering rules, I saw something that I thought was a little confusing:

Quote:Tampering:
- Do not converse with players before the first sim of their first full SMJHL season's playoffs regarding matters to do with transferring to your own nation or other statements that may be construed as such, as it is tampering.

- In order to attract new players, you must rely on the thread you posted in the "International Recruiting" subforum. There will be a new welcome message sent to all new sign ups automatically that will link to that section.

- SMJHL Rookies CANNOT be contacted before the beginning of the SMJHL Playoffs

- Punishments for tampering will be at the discretion of the IIHF Commissioners. General guidelines are as follows but the exact punishment may vary on a case to case basis:
First offense: You will be punished by not being able to perform any transfer for one full season as well as a fine and suspension
Second offense: You will be fired in addition to the above.
The rules say you cannot converse with players before a certain point, but then the next sentence says you must rely on the "recruitment" threads to get transfers, which seems to imply that you cannot contact players at all.

Am I misreading this? Can someone clarify the rule? Thank you.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2019, 02:48 PM by artermis.)

I can definitely help clarify!

The recruitment thread rule is referring to the creation of players to a nation, while the other rules including time at which you may contact a rookie are specifically referring to the transfer process.

We're currently looking at clarifying and re-writing a couple rules slightly, so I imagine these ones could be cleared up similarly.

The recruitment thread rule has been mostly untouched for 20+ seasons, while the contact rule has been re-written at least once, so I imagine therein lies the disconnect.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]