Create Account

ANA / VAN GMs

I didn't get the job so lemme bitch at the person who did

Fuck you mcp

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

07-29-2019, 12:05 PMluketd Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:04 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: "literally three weeks" he's been here eight months.

can y'all take it to the TD or something sheesh

3 weeks as a whaler.

People get promoted all over the place, there were about 12312 GM jobs open, I'm pretty sure he didn't just apply for only this one so he could sweep in and gloat about GMing a cup-winning team.

just seems like people are being jerks to somebody who's super active and qualified just because they're butthurt they didn't get the job.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Tbh, when I heard about who the other option for the Vancouver job was (the other person being debated), MCP is a no brainer. Congrats man, good luck!

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

People ripping on MCP for being in VAN only 3 weeks before getting the GM spot........where was the hate when I got the MTL spot? Give the man a chance at this before ripping him..........sheesh. Way to welcome your new GM amiright

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

07-29-2019, 12:11 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: People ripping on MCP for being in VAN only 3 weeks before getting the GM spot........where was the hate when I got the MTL spot? Give the man a chance at this before ripping him..........sheesh. Way to welcome your new GM amiright

This is different, Montreal is stupid and nobody cares about them as long as they Arent called Impact

Kek

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

07-29-2019, 12:08 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:05 PMluketd Wrote: 3 weeks as a whaler.

People get promoted all over the place, there were about 12312 GM jobs open, I'm pretty sure he didn't just apply for only this one so he could sweep in and gloat about GMing a cup-winning team.

just seems like people are being jerks to somebody who's super active and qualified just because they're butthurt they didn't get the job.

its not really butthurt, its the feeling that they didnt get a fair shake. I know that Aaron has be an integral part of my management for the past 2 seasons. I couldnt have won the 4 star without him, and its confusing to him why he didnt get a follow up questions, as someone who is already in management.

Dont get me wrong, I like MCP, he asked me to review his GM application and I did, and shared what I would change and not change.

But for Vancouver Management as a whole, for the past 15 seasons our Management has been home grown, and the results has shown, we have been a very successful franchise over those 15 seasons passing it along from JR -> Teddy -> Adam -> Glyc -> Me. its more of a feeling that a legacy and a line has been broken.

that being said im not here to shit talk MCP or whatever. he knows that, I know that. He wouldnt have been my first choice but he was my top 4. He will succeed as a GM and he will do great, but a legacy and a line has been broken so its okay to feel sad about that.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

07-29-2019, 12:11 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: People ripping on MCP for being in VAN only 3 weeks before getting the GM spot........where was the hate when I got the MTL spot? Give the man a chance at this before ripping him..........sheesh. Way to welcome your new GM amiright

We just complained less openly after you traded the actives that aren’t NOLA.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

07-29-2019, 12:16 PMKeygan Wrote:

We just complained less openly after you traded the actives that aren’t NOLA.

I'm handling this in a PM, but I asked if you wanted to stay. That's all I'm going to say here.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

07-29-2019, 12:09 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Tbh, when I heard about who the other option for the Vancouver job was (the other person being debated), MCP is a no brainer. Congrats man, good luck!

Dodgy

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

To address concerns big picture, here's my statement:

Based on applications, we selected what we believed to be the strongest candidate. We are aware that there are concerns because MCP is not a current coach or scout, but we believed his application and vision were strong enough to overcome that.

We understand that people may feel hurt that they didn't get the position. Hiring is always a challenge because you can only choose one person. When you're applying for a job that's so tied to your identity on the site, it's impossible not to take that personally. I apologise to anyone who feels personally slighted about our decision.

We have received some comments and suggestions to take a departing GM's recommendation with more weight for applications. We will discuss that internally and decide if there is a way to evaluate that recommendation while remaining impartial, or if we can create a standardized policy for the future.

We hope Vancouver's current players and management will support MCP, as Head Office does and will continue to.

07-29-2019, 12:16 PMluketd Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:08 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: People get promoted all over the place, there were about 12312 GM jobs open, I'm pretty sure he didn't just apply for only this one so he could sweep in and gloat about GMing a cup-winning team.

its not really butthurt, its the feeling that they didnt get a fair shake. I know that Aaron has be an integral part of my management for the past 2 seasons. I couldnt have won the 4 star without him, and its confusing to him why he didnt get a follow up questions, as someone who is already in management.

Dont get me wrong, I like MCP, he asked me to review his GM application and I did, and shared what I would change and not change.

But for Vancouver Management as a whole, for the past 15 seasons our Management has been home grown, and the results has shown, we have been a very successful franchise over those 15 seasons passing it along from JR -> Teddy -> Adam -> Glyc -> Me. its more of a feeling that a legacy and a line has been broken.

that being said im not here to shit talk MCP or whatever. he knows that, I know that. He wouldnt have been my first choice but he was my top 4. He will succeed as a GM and he will do great, but a legacy and a line has been broken so its okay to feel sad about that.

Afaik VAN GMs have been home grown at lest since S23 maybe even longer.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 12:29 PM by Carbine.)

07-29-2019, 12:09 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Tbh, when I heard about who the other option for the Vancouver job was (the other person being debated), MCP is a no brainer. Congrats man, good luck!
I see you’re still salty.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

07-29-2019, 12:08 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:05 PMluketd Wrote: 3 weeks as a whaler.

Meh while I don’t know the specifics of Vancouver’s case, I could understand the outrage of hiring an outsider in some cases even if he’s qualified. With Anaheim for example, we’ve built a whole culture in the LR and Gibbles played an instrumental role in that from even before he was co-GM. Giving his job to a “qualified” outsider who doesn’t understand us would’ve definitely caused outrage so if the situation in Vancouver is the same then I definitely understand why they’re upset.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

I understand being upset about it, just feel like maybe there was a kinder/less explosive way to deal with it than just ripping the guy in public before he even has a chance to be happy about getting the job.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .