Create Account

S49 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 11:49 AM by Citizen of Adraa.)

1. Your player’s name, position and Discord ID (this can be important for later questions)

2. What kind of a player you want to build (sniper, playmaker, a goon)

3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your prefered way of earning money?

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?

5. How active you expect to be? Scale 1-10, 1 being inactive, 10 being „I don’t actually sleep, just sit behind my PC doing SHL tasks“

6. How open are you to feedback from our side on your build?

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 02:27 PM by Legend.)

1. Your player’s name, position and Discord ID (this can be important for later questions)
Mitchell Maverick - Goalie - Discord ID to the left

2. What kind of a player you want to build (sniper, playmaker, a goon)
Good skating goalie with strong emphasis on puck stopping

3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your preferred way of earning money?
Large articles and probably a smaller league job (Fantasy Manager, etc.)

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?
Being apart of a good LR is always fun. Some of my best times in sim leagues are with fun teams, not good ones.

5. How active you expect to be? Scale 1-10, 1 being inactive, 10 being „I don’t actually sleep, just sit behind my PC doing SHL tasks“
It will vary depending on the time of year. Now it's a 10. Come November it may dip to around a 5

Pretty open, but I've built good players in the past. (Technically the Raiders still have a trophy named after one of them)

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)
Are, not is? No it is not. This would make oatmeal or porridge a soup by that logic.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Ryan Shepard, Center. Naosu#2416

Playmaker/Two-way Center. Similar to O'Reilly/Bergeron.

3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your prefered way of earning money?
I just started today but once I get going I'll probably be a mash of everything other than podcasts.

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?
Ideally a team that needs center depth and has a good locker room. I'm not necessarily looking to join the best team in the standings, but one that has a roster spot for my character. 

Any feedback is appreciated, I am new.

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)

I guess, technically?... In theory you could call them milk soup or something? 

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 09:44 PM by Patey.)

Johnny Patey Patey#4267

Sniper/offensive forward

Most likely articles but unsure as of right now since I am just starting out.

Being apart of a good locker room is the main part when doing something like this but winning is also fun.

Very 

Not a soup since it does not have the making of a soup other than liquid.
[/quote]

Nikitnory McCrosbov, Center. Paintball6786#2709

Offensive Forward

Contracts

I want a team that's social and gets along well with one another. I care about my success but what's important for me is just having fun.

Open

No

Marcus Ohlsson - LW - CleverPin#2928

Defensive playmaker

I already wrote a big article, so I'll probably stick to that or maybe get a job

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?
I think I want to be successful but I'd rather be somewhere that's fun.

8/9

100% open, y'all are the professionals

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)
Yes it is, because cereal is defined as material floating in a broth and a broth is defined as a liquid. Therefor cereal is milk.

[Image: ws92zPV.png]
FIRST SHIFT, FIRST GAME, FIRST SHOT, FIRST GOAL
[img=0x0]https://i.ibb.co/4fx7RqP/first-goal.png[/img]

07-29-2019, 11:49 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: 1. Your player’s name, position and Discord ID (this can be important for later questions)
Phineas Gold - LW - z0rem#4478

Confident Scorer.  Guy who drives to the net with good puck handling and fancy feet.

I like writing.  I could see myself doing articles as much as posibble.  Not a huge fan of talking, but as I am new I am still learning the ropes.

Support of my dream.  Help me devlop into a top LW and make a family of the team. 

7.  I do have things I need to do on a daily basis, but am usually free throughout the day.

Open.  But also experimenting.

No.  Definitely not.  Soup has something cooked added to it, but ceral is two ingredients mixed without doing any work.  Definitely separate category.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

No its a stew

Joseph Weston, LW, DeathToHeretics#7196

I'm looking to be a sniper, to be in the right place at the right time to score goals and get those W's.

3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your preferred way of earning money?
I write a lot already as a student so I'm happy to continue contributing to my development that way, but I'm also looking into developing podcasts and a job on the side to further enable development.

Wherever I end up I am going to do my best. I want the team that drafts me to want to win, but not at the cost of the league or the locker room as a whole. 

I'd put myself anywhere from a 7 upwards. Always having access to internet or a computer in some capacity means I can always be contributing, and I'm happy to be flexible based on the development of my player and team.

Very. I'm always looking to get advice and tips on how my build is, I can't get better if I just assume I know everything.

No, soups are broth or stock based, milk is neither of those.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Ian Venables, Goalie. toirekari#4915

Solid tender with a strong grasp of the fundamentals

I'll be writing articles to make money as often as I can. 

I'm looking for an active team with a strong spirit, I'm desperate to win a SMJHL championship. Of course, it's just as important to have a good time.

probably 6-8. I have a life outside this league that I have to maintain, but I expect to log in every day and complete a couple tasks.

I'm desperate for it! Like I said, I want to win a championship here and I'm willing to fulfill whichever role will help us get there.

I think soup being hot is a large component of soup. Cereal isn't cooked so it isn't soup.

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

Niklas Fuhrberg, wing , Confusion#5423
power forward
articles/graphics
be a part of a good locker
8-9
very opem
we got some sougat cerals here tasty

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

Vorian Atreides, Center, OrbitingDeath (not sure about the number, but you can find me on the new SHL discord)

Offensively and defensively reliable, not much checking but will go up a bit eventually.

Interest, I have 60+ million in bank :p

Prefer a combination, it is always more fun in a team if there is a winning atmosphere instead of check sims to go 'hey we lost' together.

8-9

feedback is always welcome

nope soup is supposed to be hot.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Axel Caderoth, C. Don't have access to my Discord at the moment (I'm at work) 

Hard hitting power forward with solid shooting and scoring

Probably jobs within the league. I do not have any graphical skills what so ever and I'm not a big fan of writing.

I want to win

Around a 6

Very much so since this is my first time doing a sim league

Cereal is not a soup as it is still cereal even if it is eaten without milk

Justin Roy RW BuneJug#7058

Sniper

Not sure right now. I'll have to reevaluate once I figure out the time commitment 

I'd like to avoid a toxic locker room of course but team success and personal development are important to me 

Probably 6-7

Very open. I'm new to this so I'll take all the advice I can get

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? 

No way

Nathaniel Voltguin, RW voltguin#5474

Hard-working scoring winger. Grinder with a scoring touch.

Just getting familiar with everything. I like writing.

Both is great. But winning in this sort of game without having fun with teammates isn't worthwhile.

5-7 is my typical response.

I'm new, so I'll take lots of feedback

Typically I think soup has to be hot and some sort of stock/broth, which milk is not. So I would say no.