Create Account

S49 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospect Thread

1. Your player’s name, position and Discord ID (this can be important for later questions)

Rob Blake, Goalie, Will update with cord ID when I'm home from work.

2. What kind of a player you want to build (sniper, playmaker, a goon)

I want to build a goalie similar to the style I play, quick and agile while challenging the shooter by cutting the angles down.

3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your prefered way of earning money?

I'm good with photoshop so I may look into making sig's and player pictures. Would be interested in also working up to becoming a GM one day as I'm a huge fan of EHM with over 800 hours. Cool

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?

I'm new to SHL so hopefully a team that is able to answer any questions I may have and guide me to becoming successful within the league.

5. How active you expect to be? Scale 1-10, 1 being inactive, 10 being „I don’t actually sleep, just sit behind my PC doing SHL tasks“

Currently working a desk job so probably 9-10 but come September when I'm back in class that will drop to 6-8.

6. How open are you to feedback from our side on your build?

100% open.

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)

If cereal is a soup then steak is a vegetable.   Tongue

[Image: ebpOQb9.png]
Discord: jakeepoo#9727

1. Your player’s name, position and Discord ID (this can be important for later questions)

Daniel Bischoff, C, dylanjj37#9691

Scorer?

3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your prefered way of earning money?
Maybe writing

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?
Just good locker room

5. How active you expect to be? Scale 1-10, 1 being inactive, 10 being „I don’t actually sleep, just sit behind my PC doing SHL tasks“
7 or 8

Open

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)
Is soup a cereal? No, so cereal can't be soup.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 12:40 PM by acdangel.)

Sasha Dangelchek - Winger - acdangel#5365

Playmaker mostly

Probably articles and a job, but I haven't looked into this all that much yet

Mostly a good locker room, but winning is always good too

Please give me all the feedback you want. I want to make a good player and this is all super new.

No because cereal is cold...

D - Akira Ren; Severin#7160

2. What kind of a player you want to build (sniper, playmaker, a goon)
Two-way D

Contract Money

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?
To allow me to participate in simulated hockey. Both

Not very open

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)
No

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Aron Hernadivic

Playmaker

Probably articles!

Big winner but a great culture helps winning

Lots of feedback preferred, trying to be the best possible and am very new to the game.

No... soups are prepared together, cereal is not. (Hotdogs are not sandwiches either)

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Rhett Ward - RW, Graves#4178

Defensively responsible playmaker

Haven't really looked into it enough, probably writing

I care about success first and foremost, but good people are very important too

7, I plan on being active pretty much daily

Very, but I do have a play style in mind

Thanks for ruining my day, this is all I will think about

Adam Barron, D. I should be in a discord with you guys already, name is the same here as it is there (charlieconway)

Two-way minute-logging defenseman that wouldn't look out of place on a power play or penalty kill. Smooth skater, Skilled passer, with strong defensive instincts.

Articles and Graphics, I think.

Playing time is about it. Win or lose, I'd just like to get engrossed in the league.

6-8, depending on how things go.

Very open to feedback. I get the feeling there are some hidden intricacies in the simulation engine that may not be obvious to newcomers, even if they've read the attributes thread.

Absolutely 100% not a soup. This is a dealbreaker.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Marcus Weiser, Center, please don't clog up my DMs.

Sniper/Checking forward

Articles

Success for sure. I have zero friends so I really don't give a damn about the locker room.

I'm open.

Yes. it is. The fact that you care so much is yikes.

[Image: mpcR8M0.png]
player page                                                         update page

Samuel Michaud- defense

2. What kind of a player you want to build (sniper, playmaker, a goon)

stay at home d man

articles for sure

I mean I want to win some games but you gotta have a good locker room

5. How active you expect to be? Scale 1-10, 1 being inactive, 10 being „I don’t actually sleep, just sit behind my PC doing SHL tasks8

probably 6-8

very open, Im new so gotta learn somehow

Yes how could you argue not? 

Berg Svensen, D. Gibia#2529
"what if brent burns won chips?"
jobs and obviously a contract seem like interesting ways to make cash. i'm not a guy who can shit out 10,000 words a week, but SHL is a really good concept and i want to be somebody.
i'm not gonna be success-driven in my very first season; i know i won't be very good. 
it's like a 9 right now. might cool off a little later, but right now i'm just talking to a bunch of different people and it's great. hopefully i can focus more on writing and serious stuff later.
very, very open. please, if there's anything you see that needs changing, tell me.
I would say no, cereal in milk is more simply comparable to a food in sauce - there's very little interaction between the cereal and the milk to make it a single dish, it is not a cohesive whole - and in fact it is considered the same dish (cereal) if eaten dry. It might work as a simple sweet pudding if allowed to soak and meld a bit, perhaps, instead of being eaten crunchy (which is where I was getting the food-in-sauce likeness).
Hot cereals might count a (sweet) soup, especially if there are other ingredients (like a gruel with grain and milk, and spices, dried fruits, and egg yolks to thicken) - though I think it would depend on consistency. Something thicker, like a gummy oatmeal, would probably be more closely related to a pudding, but a thin one might well be soup. Even cold cereal might work as a (sweet) soup if there was more going on with the milk, some other ingredients and flavorings - then it would be a cold, sweet milk soup with the cereal bits acting like dumplings.
The dictionary definition of soup is basically a savory definition, citing a combination of liquids, or meat and vegetables in broth or water (with other ingredients for flavor and texture), though there is a secondary definition that covers mixtures or substances resembling soup - which is how sweet soups, cold soups, and other more unusual sorts of soups earn the name.
I think (cold) cereal is just too far removed to earn that label, being cold instead of hot and sweet instead of savory and separable into its parts instead of married into a single dish and only having two ingredients, that is, not being a complex mixture or a greater-than-its-parts whole, and having other words which are better definition matches (cereals, puddings, foods with sauce, etc). A soup can still be a soup with a couple of these alterations, I think having all of them is too many for it to fit that category.

James Ronlain - RW - Rankle#3773

2. What kind of a player you want to build (sniper, playmaker, a goon)
Sniper, young Alex Ovechkin type.

Writing articles mostly. I'm a big stats/data/spreadsheets kinda guy, and I can go a bit overboard on it sometimes lol

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?
I think a good locker room environment is probably better than being successful. Winning won't feel as good if you cant stand your teammates. That being said, I do obviously want to win as well.

Probably somewhere around a 7 or 8.

Very open! It's my first time doing SHL so any tips or feedback will be super helpful.

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)
Yes.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Suzuki Namokato, LW, Thejaff72#9074

Speedy Sniper

Contracts

I expect to be in junior for a few years so I value development and team success

I have a lot of free time, that includes at work too, so yeah, 10

Always open for feedback from experienced players

Cereal is not a soup, its the edible grown part of grain.

[Image: fYimPTz.png]
[Image: Raiders-banner.png]

Kevin Robinson, Center, Kevin#9567

A two way/shutdown center that can chip in goals

I haven't been able to try them out, I'll likely give them all a try and will know more once i have more experience.  Most likely jobs or articles though.

I expect to be winning.  Success is important to me, I want to be a part of a championship team and that's what I intend to do for the team I get drafted to

I'd say around a 7

Very open, I'm brand new to this game and while I'm excited to experiment myself I'm not dumb enough to think I actually know what I'm doing

No, you can eat cereal dry, you can't eat soup dry.

[Image: 7ICBY0z.png]
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]

Lee Samson, (right) Defenseman, Kingslayerlh#1617

Offensive minded two way Defenseman

So far articles are the most prefered way of earning, although the sound of jobs sounds fun.

I expect a team that can help me develop into one of if not the best defenseman in the SHL. Although i also want to play for a team that i can connect with and be best of friends with.

Hard 10

Very open. i have a image in mind of what i want to become but i would like help on the best way to get there

Hmm, i would say no, most of the time a soup is made from a stock. such as if you would render down some beef, then get the liquid from it and then you put spices in with in there for creating a soup base, and since milk is the only ingredient with no spices, i would have to say that cereal would not be a soup

[Image: yDWryxO.png]

(Player Updates)   (Player Page)
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 05:24 PM by dicfor.)

Richard Hurtz RW Dicfor#2587

Playmaker

Likely jobs within the league

I prefer having fun with good people, but I do like winning too.

very

Never thought about this one... I guess by the literal definition, yes cereal is a soup.
Related Question: Is cereal a actually salad with milk dressing?