Create Account

S49 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 02:11 PM by notorioustig.)

Hey there! 

I'm Tig, GM of the Detroit Falcons. After a couple of rebuilding years that still saw us make the second round in both seasons and a much improved season last year finishing third in the standings, we're gearing up for what we hope is a championship season led by a deep forward group. This upcoming draft is a great opportunity for us to add new players that will help us both achieve that short-term goal of winning a championship and play a huge part in us maintaining our success as a team over the next several seasons. 

As such, we're looking to get to know you a little better in advance of the draft. We've left a few questions below, and we're excited to read your responses. If you have any questions about the team, our experience as members of the Falcons organization, or are just looking for a little advice about the site, always feel free to PM me or my Co-GM, @"nour".

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?[/b]/size]

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? [/b]

[b]Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?[/b]

[b]Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? [/b]

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[/b]

[b]Share your best joke or meme[/b]

Thanks, and good luck at the draft!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 03:09 PM by Legend.)

Do you have any previous sim league experience?
Been here in the past. SBA is my main league however.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
Comes and goes during the year. But I'm always online due to work.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
Online, little bit of gaming. Big Oilers and Raiders fan. Stream on Twitch every once and awhile. Other than that usually doing projects around the house.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
Higher end (3-5) due to SHL and the amount of Goalie spots available.

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?
Have it and use it

Do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
Of course!

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?
Nothing that needs to be said. If you're curious feel free to ask more.

Share your best joke or meme
The fact the SHL Jets are still the Winnipeg Jets after all these years. Still weird having a real team exist again after the SHL franchise was created

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 04:19 PM by omenolson. Edit Reason: screwed up )

Code:
screwed up rip

[Image: mpcR8M0.png]
player page                                                         update page

No

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
I have way too much time on my hands. I won't be one of the top contributors but I will be quite active.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
Video games, reality TV, and follow the NHL. Favorite team is the Arizona Coyotes. I've been bingewatching Survivor.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? 
For me it would ideally be two seasons. When I make it to the SHL I want to be a solid contributor. If I am not ready then I have no problem staying back.

Have it and use it.

Yeah, sick logo bud

I'm a weird dude

I was walking down the sidewalk when I saw four guys beating up one guy. I jumped in to help. That guy had no chance against the five of us.

[Image: mpcR8M0.png]
player page                                                         update page

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?
None what so ever

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
4+ but usually more depending on the week

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
Detroit Red Wings :(, favourite games are CS:GO and LOL, favourite type of chips in S&V. Most of my time is spent working or playing game/hanging with friends.

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
Enough until I am confident my player can perform well at the SHL level.

[b]Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?
Yes I use it, name is Patey

[b]Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? 
I am open to hearing from all teams and seeing what they are like as a team atmosphere

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?
Easy going guy with a decent sense of humour

[b]Share your best joke or meme
This is your captain speaking, AND THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SHOUTING.

No

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
6+ hours

Work and school. The EA NHL games have always been my favorite but I also got a Nintendo Switch recently and I'm enjoying Mario Kart and Mario Party. My favorite chips are Flamin' Hot Cheetos. My favorite NHL team is the Minnesota Wild.

This is my first sim league so I'm not entirely sure. Depending on how it goes will probably dictate if I want to stay in the J longer or not.

I use Discord.

Yes

I'm a friendly person and hope I'm able to find a group of people that's social and fun to be in a locker room with.

...Unless?

No

A couple hours, should complete all tasks

I'm a big Rangers fan, but during my free time I typically play sports and video games

I want to spend 2/3 years to let myself develop before coming up.

Yes I do!

Yeah for sure

Nope Smile

Area 51 in general

[Image: ws92zPV.png]
FIRST SHIFT, FIRST GAME, FIRST SHOT, FIRST GOAL
[img=0x0]https://i.ibb.co/4fx7RqP/first-goal.png[/img]

No

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
6+ Hours a week.  I'll spend more as I get more into it for sure.

Teaching myself new programming languages and playing board games.  Playing anything from strategy to fasth paced games.  Cant go wrong with a regular toritalla and hummus.  I am split between the Hurricanes for my wife and Rangers for my first love of hockey.  

I want to develop my player into a strong LW scorer.  I have confidence in my players ability to evolve quickly but I want to make sure I do it right so thaat when I go for the majors I am a name and not just a nobody prospect.

Yes

The Falcons are my faovrite Football team, and I love my birds of prey.

Looking forward to getting my hands dirty.  I might have learned about hockey late in my life to start playing it, but I love the sport.

What is a pirates favorite letter? (Wait for someone to say R)
Some say ARRRRRR but really its the C

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

I do not, first timer willing to learn here. 

4+ at the least, I'm usually free in the evenings and night, but can definitely be flexible for mornings or afternoons.

Usually I'm doing schoolwork or reading. Games would be League, Darkest Dungeon, or Civ 5. Favorite chips are Sour Cream and Onion. I follow the Washington Capitals.

Realistically, I'm look at somewhere around 1-3 seasons. There's no guarantees of anything one way or the other, but if I get the chance to prove myself in the SHL then I definitely want to show what I'm capable of. 

I do, my Discord ID is on the side. Feel free to add me!

I do. I looked through the team's information and Seasonal History, while it seems to have quieted down in the past few seasons, that's no reason the team can't bring success back to Detroit. The road to the championship isn't easy, but clearly this team has traveled it before, and I want to use that experience to make myself a better player.

I'm willing to get whatever extra training and tips I possibly can to succeed.

Three guys walk into a bar, fourth one ducks.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Ian Venables, Goalie

No but I'm excited to earn some!

6-8 hours per week, but I'm at school so they can happen at any time of the day or night

I watch probably too much tv, play video games, and DM a D&D group in my free time. I like any sour cream and onion flavoured potato based snacks. I'm a huge fan of the Ottawa Senators, so I'm looking for an SMJHL team that can fulfill my winning needs :p

I have a strong commitment to personal development, and I don't want to make the jump to the SHL until I know I can dominate. I'll likely spend as many seasons as I can in juniors and win a couple championships while I'm at it.

I do use Discord, and I am definitely open to continue using it.

I don't know that much about the Falcons as an organization, but I can guarantee I'll bust my bum every single day to make it the best team in the SMJHL.

I'm ready to go! Definitely looking for input on where I should focus my training time, and be the best goalie I can for this organization!

I know a really good joke about an infinite number of mathematicians in a bar, but it's sorta long so I'll tell it to you all after the draft.

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

None

Around 10 hours, maybe more if work allows

I spend a lot of time aimlessly browsing the internet. Some of my favourites are Fire Emblem and Rocket League. I like salt and vinegar, or ketchup. My NHL team is the Avalanche.  

Around 3 sounds fine. I'm new so it might be worth staying down a little longer. 

I do, and yes I am.

You mentioned this team has good forward depth but if you have another roster spot for a C, then yes I would be. 

I'll do what I can to be active and keep my character on par with others of my draft class. I'm fairly busy this week so I may not be able to obtain enough money by the draft/reset to get what I'd like.

What is a pirate's favourite letter? Not R, it be the C.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

only shl as an active
6+
eat,sleep,working,conquer shl,repeat
2-3
yes,yes

why not?
everything is awsome
i'm not a lot in this game sorry

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yes enough

Enough to get done what's needed

Work - Fifa, HotS, MPQ - Cheese onion - Colorado

Ambitious for the SHL

Yes

As an Avalanche fan I disliked Detroit my entire life. But it's a sim league so its not like i have to live in that ghetto :D

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

-Nope

-About an hour a day

-I'm in law school at the moment so I spend most of my time trying to survive that. When I'm not studying I'm either playing League of Legends or watching/reading about sports. Favorite NHL team is the Ducks

Since this is my first sim league and the first time I'm using this site I will probably stay in the juniors for a while. I want to be ready for the SHL and I want to gain some experience on how to navigate and use the forums

I already use Discord

I'm interested in being a part of any team that shows interest back

I'm going for the SMJHL goal record just FYI

A guy is walking down the street and he sees a man with a giant peach for a head. His curiosity gets the best of him and he says, "Sir, I've got ask--and I know you hear this all the time, but what happened to you?"
The man with the giant peach for a head says, "I was walking along the beach and I saw something half-buried in the sand. It looked like a magic lamp, and I thought it was a joke. I rubbed the lamp and a genie came out and said I had three wishes."
"For my first wish I said I wanted to be rich. Suddenly there were piles of money all around me, stock certificates, gold bars, it was insane."
"Then I said I wanted to have a beautiful woman fall in love with me. This woman came running through the surf, she was wearing a bathing suit and she looked incredible. She ran right up to me and begged me to marry her."
"Then, for my third wish, I wanted a giant peach for a head."
(I love anti-jokes)

No

Depends on the week but I should have enough time to commit to SHL most weeks

I do a fair amount of gaming. I'm big into sports games so I play a good amount of chel. I'm recently married so I spend a good amount of time trying to make my wife happy

I imagine I'll spend the normal amount of time in juniors but I'll stay longer if it will be better for me. I'm in no rush

Have it and use it

Of course!

Nothing that I can think of but I'm open to questions