Create Account

SMJHL Hiring Policy Changes

I have heard the concerns and the suggestions, and taken that information to my team. It's very important to me that we hear your concerns, validate them, and make changes to the league to reflect where we all want it to go. I also value making quick, responsive changes when the solution is obvious and easy to update.

Therefore, I am announcing two new changes to the SMJHL's hiring process for General Managers.

First, we will now give second round interviews to at least three candidates on each GM application. This change was very helpful for us in our most recent hirings, so we will take it as a permanent change (even if the hiring seems obvious to us).

Second, we will now solicit information from the current GM on their management team's responsibilities, activity, and quality of work. We will not share applications with the GM, but we recognize that an application doesn't say everything and that qualitative information can assist us with an application. We also recognize this is an additional hurdle for outside applicants, but we are confident this will only increase the level of competition which is good for everyone.

We stand by our recent decisions, but are excited to make these changes to react and evolve to the league's wants and needs.

Ilike This whole situation alone has shown me that you're our guy for commish. Great change that will no doubt improve the hiring process in the future.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Awesome to see these kind of quick reactions. Props.

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Great proactive approach. I like it a lot

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

whats that? an smjhl commish who listens???? we havent had that in ages, good ruling

07-29-2019, 02:48 PMdmills3 Wrote: Great proactive approach. I like it a lot

Means a lot. As I said above I stand by our choices today, but I understand how y'all didn't feel you got a fair shake. I think these changes will help mitigate that, improve quality of competition, and give us more complete information in future hires.

grok you have been killing it so far with explanations and transparency!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

@grok We've spoken privately already, but I want to publicly say I'm impressed with how you've handled things. I have confidence your tenure is going to be very positive for the league.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Awesome post man.
Thanks for the clarity moving forward. Good change and great job with the way you handled the whole situation

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 03:54 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Great job by SMJHL HO to listen to the concerns of the people, big up to yall. Smile

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]