Create Account

S49 Colorado Raptors Interested prospects thread

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?
None

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! 

Yes, z0rem#4478

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!

LW Scorer that drives to the net and isn't afraid to take the shot. As he develops he learns to be a little more team oriented and learns to make smart passes for opportunities.

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far? 

Just started.  Want to have the full experience.  Write articles, be involved, etc.

5) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

I am an avid board gamer.  I love playing board games of all kinds and do so pretty regularly on weekends.  Beyond that my main hobby is cooking and baking.  I love making terribly silly creations or going all out on trying new recipes. For example last night I made fried cheese balls that were simply delicious and extremely easy to make and now I am wondering what I am going to do with my spare oil?  The wife and I watch a lot of TV as well.  Currently just started Amazon Prime's The Boys and it is crazy intense.  TO be a little boring, I don't actually really like and other sports besides Hockey and Soccer.  I have favorite teams in all the sports but don't really follow them, and American soccer is questionable. Go Canes!

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?

0 experience with a sim like this, lots of BAP in NHL and 800+ hours in EHM.

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! 

Sure, I'll update this post with my dc id when I get home.

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!

Starting goaltender who challenges the player by cutting down angles and is quick on his feet. 

To live my dream of going pro lmao

5) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

22 years old and going into my last year of college. Currently working a desk job until September, I have a pet turtle named Jamal.

[Image: ebpOQb9.png]
Discord: jakeepoo#9727

Code:
b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?[/b]

I don't have any simulated sports league experience.

[b]2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly![/b]

adam_tacocat#2296

[b]3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL![/b]

I'm looking to build a strong forward that can play in tight around the net and make a set up pass on a breakout.

[b]4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?[/b]

I want to develop a talented player and have a good time. So far the sight works pretty well.

[b]5) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question![/b]

I enjoy playing board games with friends and watching all kinds of movies. I have play and watch both rugby and soccer.

Very inexperienced but enjoy other long-term sim-style games

No discord account yet as it's blocked at work.

Two-way type of playmaker - Mitch Marner type, great on offence but able to help out on the PK as well

Haven't explored too much, but I'm excited for the draft and to develop my player

My work can get quite slow so trying to self-teach myself French
Love my xbox - typically play R6S, RocketLeague, and 2k
Huge Toronto sports fan.. Go Raps Go!

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?[/b]
Experience in the SHL

Sure, Severin#7160

Two-way D

Win a cup for CHI

I am not very interesting unfortunately.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

None

Yes - acdangel#5365

I'd say a playmaking power forward

I just want to have some fun. I love hockey and this is another way to enjoy that. I like the site, but I'm still a bit confused on a few things.

I spend a lot of my time reading, mostly history. I play some games - love RDR2 and the new Wolfenstein steries (xbox one). I also like to party and hit the bars and whatnot.

None at all

Yeah, Graves#4178

Defensively responsible playmaker

I want to develop a great player and hopefully meet some people. Its a pretty cool site

Honestly, I'm huge into Apex Legends and I play on xbox, hmu if you wanna play some. I'm a die hard Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors fan, those are my two sports atm.

None

Yes, dylanjj37#9691

Scorer

Just want to have fun

I like lots of other sports but mainly baseball, biathlon and gymnastics. For hobbies, I enjoy buying DVDs and then not watching them. I'm a really nice person (I think).

None

Only if you're interested in potentially drafting me. Ominous#1311

Either a Draisaitl, Matthews, or Couturier. I could also go the full checking forward route.

I would like to be a solid contributor on a cup winning team. I'm really enjoying the site right now.

I like to watch plane crash documentaries.

[Image: mpcR8M0.png]
player page                                                         update page

First time doing any type of Simulated leagues! So far this has been very exciting.

I am always open to discuss, professional talk or not. My Discord is BayJingT#9424

I want to build the best two-way forward winger that's ever stepped foot on the ice. I want to be a penalty kill master that can set up an offense during 5 on 5. I want to be an example of consistence and discipline on the ice.

I want to meet new people, enjoy my time and hopefully make new friendships.

My hobby is Hip-Hop music, specifically I love to curate playlists and review projects from any hip-hop artists across eras on my personal time. I keep the reviews to myself though, I use them to look back on myself at the time they were written, how my taste evolved, what my knowledge of English was at the time. I am not a native English speaker so writing and reading reviews for myself helps expanding my word bank if that makes any sense?

I love the game of hockey but I would say slightly above it there's basketball for me. I didn't get to play Hockey when I was younger but I played basketball in high school, I mostly rode the bench for 4 years but just being part of a team made it all worth it. Most of the relationships I developed in that locker room are still going on strong to this day. Nothing beats being part of good team culture even if there are more losses than wins or if you spend most of your time on the bench waving a towel when your team scores.

I just hope this wasn't too long, sorry for the wall of text! 

Have a great day,

Regards,

BayJingT

[Image: yb6pPSc.png]
Anyone who truly cares about you will always find a way back to you.

None whatsoever.

Sure. Name in discord is the same as here (charlieconway), should already be in a few of the same servers (the one with GMs for instance).

A smooth skating two-way defenseman with good endurance and instincts in both ends of the ice. In a word: reliable.

My goal is to have a player that would make people question the sanity of a GM that traded him. Loving the site so far.

I like RPGs and Simulation games. Paradox stuff, Forza Horizon 4, Persona 5, etc.
I enjoy playing D&D, both as a PC and DM.
My name comes from my favourite childhood movie, D2: The Mighty Ducks. But mainly now I just watch tv shows if anything, like re-watching The Sopranos or The Office.
I follow along closely with the Canadiens, especially during the season, but I've tuned out the NHL in the past when the Habs are acting like a dumpster fire and gunning for a top pick.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

None

Sure why not discord is @golden_apricot#1570

stay at home d-man

just looking to find a good comunity to hang out in with my spare time

I am a graduate student in Chemistry in the US who spends most of the free time I have in the weightroom or watching hockey/football. I do work related to energy conversion which is something I have come to enjoy over the last 6-7 years. I grew up playing hockey and want to try and get back into it playing beer league but really havent gotten around to it. Also I have the sleep schedule of an old.

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? None, aside from that one time I full simmed a Be A Pro character in NHL 18.

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! Yes! Rankle#3773

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL! I'm looking to be a shoot first, fast skating forward with silky mitts.

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far? I want to score as many goals as possible, break some records, get my name out there, win. The site is great!

I'm a big data/stats nerd and love to make pointless spreadsheets lol. I spend a lot of time either making or playing video games, don't really have any main games atm.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

None with SHL. Played EHM for a couple years.
Sure, Thejaff72#9074
Speedy Sniper
Developing my player, joining a good and fun team to win championships. The site is fine, if a bit confusing at first.
I love hockey but I play/follow tennis as well. I hate to talk about myself so there you have it!

[Image: fYimPTz.png]
[Image: Raiders-banner.png]

No experience thus far

I would be, yeah.  Kevin#9567

A two way/shutdown center that can chip in goals

I just want to have fun building a player and seeing progression in a league

Not a particularly interesting guy, but I'm a big sports fan in general.  I enjoy working on computers and am a big stats fan.  I'm trying to get into NHL scouting, so following player development is a hobby of mine across different sports.

[Image: 7ICBY0z.png]
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]