Create Account

S49 Draft Preview: Draft Day Special
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 02:32 PM by Whikadoodle.)

[Image: jE6LV45.png]

HELLO HOCKEY FANS AND AMATEUR SCOUTS!

After a long and winding road, we are finally here on the cusp of the S49 SHL draft! Over the course of the past seven weeks, we have detailed the development of these soon to be superstars from youngsters to SHL-ready prospects. We have had our fair share of surprises, a litany of breakouts, and a smattering of bounce back performances, which has all led us to this very moment. For those of you who are new to Draft Preview, or for those who just want to relive the drama that was S48, check out our prior installments below!

PREVIOUS INSTALLMENTS
S49 Draft Preview: Early Risers
S49 Draft Preview: Halfway Through
S49 Draft Preview: Deadline Day
S49 Draft Preview: Playoff Push
S49 Draft Preview - Championship Week

For those familiar with the column, for our Draft Preview Spedial we'll be taking a slightly different format. We are instead focusing on player profiles, informed by surveys returned to Draft Preview over the past week. These player profiles are ranked and sorted by tiers. We have also provided player statistics and players high/low rankings throughout the duration of Draft Preview. We encourage amateur scouts to delve into past editions of the column to gain a greater understanding of a particular prospect.

TIER 1

[Image: pk-subban-1478028722.jpg?crop=1xw%3A0.65...quality=55]
1A. ELIJAH JONES
Right Wing - Anchorage Armada
TPE: 299
Highest Rank: 1 (Week 4)
Lowest Rank: 2 (Week 5)
SHL Comparable: Flacko Langerfield
NHL Comparable: David Pastrnak

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 9 A: 5 P: 14 -3 HITS: 22 SB: 3

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 12 G: 2 A: 2 P: 4 -4 HITS: 5 SB: 1

Elijah Jones has been an absolute unit this season. Never once falling outside the #1 spot until a 1 TPE difference found him in 2nd place during Week 5, Jones has been the most dedicated and consistent player in this seasons draft class. Anchorage has enjoyed his presence on the ice, as he put up 14 points on the season for the Armada. A pure offensive forward, Jones will develop into one of the superstars of the SHL for seasons to come.

"[I'm] the kind of player that haunts goalies in their nightmares," Jones told the North Pole Sports Press. "I'm really fond of the management in Los Angeles and Tampa. But I'll be eager and ready to develop with any team... I'm just ready to make that jump as soon as possible."

[Image: USATSI_12116039-1024x683.jpg]
1B. ANTHONY ARCHER
Left Wing - Anaheim Outlaws
TPE: 299
Highest Rank: 1 (Week 5)
Lowest Rank: 3 (Week 4)
SHL Comparable: Mike Izzy
NHL Comparable: Michael Ferlund

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 12 A: 7 P: 19 -5 HITS: 52 SB: 11

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 18 G: 5 A: 3 P: 8 +7 HITS: 40 SB: 0

Anthony Archer has had one hell of a lead up to the S49 SHL draft. After a strong 19 point showing in the SMJHL regular season, Archer was a cornerstone piece of the Outlaws postseason finals appearance. Archer was easily the most impressive rookie on the ice, scoring 5 and racking up 40 hits over 18 games. Archer is a player who can create space with his checking and finish in the dirty areas.

"I'm just looking forward to the experience, honestly," Archer told TSN last week. "Im looking forward to finding some great teammates in the LR, and I am willing to do whatever is best for the team!"

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT_4NCzpO63E5gOH1GZX...2aBDDwo8zi]
3. BO KANE
Center - Colorado Raptors
TPE: 297
Highest Rank: 1 (Week 3)
Lowest Rank: 3 (Week 5)
SHL Comparable: Jason Visser
NHL Comparable: Austin Matthews

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 11 A: 7 P: 18 +5 HITS: 44 SB: 2

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 6 G: 0 A: 2 P: 2 - 2 HITS: 7 SB: 2

Bo Kane lights lamp. Kane has been one of our strongest prospects in the S49 pool since the class' infancy: never falling outside the top 3 prospects in our overall rankings. Kane has had to fight to maintain that spot, and, in the process, has become an incredibly strong recruit. Kane is also a responsible player in his own zone, can sneak by a beautiful pass or two, and is above average on his skates compared wirh his peers. This is demonstrated by his 11 goals and 7 points in what was a strong rookie season for Kane. Kane belongs to a tight knit group of s49s in the Colorado locker room who will be looking for vengeance next season after an early exit from the postseason this year.

"I want to be known as the best goal-scoring centre in the league," Kane told reporters earlier this week. "I don't want to be rushed into a role I'm not suited for on a SHL club. I'm very close with my teammates, and I want to be selected by a team that values my development in the SMJHL. Ideally, I'd like to see four more seasons with Colorado, and my rights to belong to a SHL team that both respects that decision and provides an active, helpful place for players to grow."

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTQ6hdxVQiiOBP4aTqXe...UgCdaiM3Py]
4. CODY
Right Wing - Halifax Raiders
TPE: 292
Highest Rank: 5 (Week 2)
Lowest Rank: 4 (Week 5)
SHL Comparable: Manuel Goetze
NHL Comparable: Artemi Panarin

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 16 A: 13 P: 29 -19 HITS: 64 SB: 10

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 16 G: 8 A: 2 P: 10 -10 HITS: 13 SB: 13

Cody was the breakout story of S48. Early on in the season it seemed that Cody would run away with the SMJHL ROTY honors, with his incredible ability to score goals paving the way to the history books. However, Montreal's Hugh Jazz gave him a run for his money, keeping the Juniors fans in suspense until the awards are announced. Cody made a huge impact in Halifax, including in their playoff run, where he managed to score 8 goals in 16 games to help lift Halifax to their first third round appearance since S36.

[Image: N3mnf.jpg]
5. NOAH BRUSKY
Defense - St. Louis Scarecrows
TPE: 285
Highest Rank: 5 (Week 4)
Lowest Rank: 7 (Week 1)
SHL Comparable: Tigole Bitties
NHL Comparable: Nicklas Lidstrom

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 4 A: 15 P: 19 -11 HITS: 48 SB: 51

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 5 G: 0 A: 3 P: 3 +1 HITS: 10 SB: 4

Noah Brusky has been turning heads since before the S48 SMJHL Draft, when he went to St. Louis at 8th overall. The blue liner has clearly been on a mission to prove himself in this league with his TPE gain, and his on ice production cannot be ignored, as he put up 19 points, 48 hits, and 51 shot blocks during the regular season.

"I'm looking to build a shut-down defender with a strong passing game that can help break the puck out of our own zone or command a power play from the point," Brusky told ESPN 8 the Ocho at the combine last week. "I'm looking for a team with a positive locker room atmosphere and management that puts the team in its best position to win. As long as the team is having a good time and management isn't throwing in the towel year after year, I'll be happy."

6. HUGH JAZZ
Right Wing - Montreal Militia
TPE: 284
Highest Rank: 5 (Week 4)
Lowest Rank: 7 (Week 1)

TIER 2

7. CONOR TANNER
Center - Halifax Raiders
TPE: 278
Highest Rank: 12 (Week 1)
Lowest Rank: 24 (Week 3)

[Image: vqnmd6xljzk8adido31c.jpg]
8. DEREK BOHNE JR.
Defense - Colorado Raptors
TPE: 277
Highest Rank: 14 (Week 5)
Lowest Rank: 17 (Week 3)
SHL Comparable: Poopity Scoop
NHL Comparable: Zdeno Chara

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 2 A: 10 P: 12 -7 HITS: 82 SB: 52

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 6 G: 0 A: 0 P: 0 +1 HITS: 6 SB: 4

Derek Bohne Jr. is a classic stay at home Defenseman. Fiercely loyal to his team and dedicated to his craft, Bohne is willing to sacrifice the body multiple times a night to give his team the edge on any given play. Bohne put up monster numbers both in hits and shots blocked this season, and was one of the few bright spots on a defensive corps that struggled.

Bohne told our scouts that he's not looking to leave Colorado for another five seasons; citing unfinished business. He's looking for a team who will commit to his development in the J and will not rush him to the SMJHL level, specifically citing TBB and MIN as teams he feels might try to rush him and thus are destinations he seeks to avoid. Our scouts believe that type of long term investment will be worth it for most other SHL clubs, especially those who are not in need of defensemen at this very time.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTtHi6RxlxA2Wtocl6eT...FnPBPrEew3]
9. RICKY SPANISH
Left Wing - Halifax Raiders
TPE: 275
Highest Rank: 6 (Week 4)
Lowest Rank: 9 (Week 3)
SHL Comparable: Nathan Russell
NHL Comparable: Brad Marchand

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 4 A: 14 P: 18 - 14 HITS: 35 SB: 5

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 16 G: 1 A: 5 P: 6 - 10 HITS: 11 SB: 5

Ricky Spanish is a playmakimg two-way winger who spent most of the season in Halifax between the second and third lines. After a slow start, Spanish strung together some point streaks and finished the regular season with a respectable 18 points. Teams are worried about Spanish's defensive responsibility, as his +/- is laugh out loud low and his big body doesnt often find its way in front of many shots.

"Ricky Spanish is the worst character I've ever invented!" said Ricky. "Why anyone would want to invite Ricky into their lives is a clear indication of insanity."

[Image: CsOlK1zXgAA8k9J.jpg]
10. KNOX BOOTH
Goalie - Colorado Raptors
TPE: 274
Highest Rank: 8 (Week 5)
Lowest Rank: 23 (Week 1)
SHL Comparable: Jordin FourFour
NHL Comparable: Roberto Luongo

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 21 4-8-3. 891% 2.60 GAA

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 6 2-3-1. 906% 2.47 GAA

Knox Booth solidified himself as this seasons top goaltending prospect near the second half of the regular season, where two 17 TPE updates put him leagues ahead of the slim pack of goaltenders available this season. Booth was allowed to shine back stopping a Colorado defense that was a bit lackluster, to say the least. This is evident in his Save Percentage and Goals Against Average, where Booth hovered around 900 amd 2.5 for his play in S48. By the time the playoffs rolled around, Booth took the starting job in Colorado and was easily the cornerstone of their defense. Although an early playoff exit was disappointing, Colorado fans are ecstatic that they have found their long term net minder.

"I want to be one of the best and plan to play a min. of 20 seasons in the SHL with Booth. I want to go the long haul, be a franchise goaltender..." said Booth in his interview. "My heart is in Toronto, but a good atmosphere with people who want to help me grow would make me happy anywhere. I'd like to be a one team guy so I'm looking for something long term, something I can build a dynasty within."

11. JAN ZACHA
Center - Vancouver Whalers
TPE: 269
Highest Rank: 6 (Week 3)
Lowest Rank: 18 (Week 1)

[Image: cut.jpg]
12. JAKE PRIMEAU
Center - Anchorage Armada
TPE: 267
Highest Rank: 10 (Week 5)
Lowest Rank: 12 (Week 4)
SHL Comparable: Demaricus Smyth
NHL Comparable: Alexander Ovechkin

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 7 A: 5 P: 12 -4 HITS: 42 SB: 5

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 12 G: 3 A: 1 P: 4 -4 HITS: 8 SB: 3

Jake Primeau is a sniping centerman who suited up for Anchorage this past season in the SMJHL. Primeau is one of the top TPE earners of his class, and his ceiling is definitely high to improve upon his on ice performance this past season. Primeau struggled at the face off dot, winning just over 43% of his draws. However, Scouts were very impressed with Primeau's vision and willingness to get to the dirty areas of the ice.

"I'm going for a high shooting and scoring center.  He should be at his best offensively," Primeau told the Players Tribune. "I guess I'd like a friendly locker room that's willing to answer questions and competitive in the league."

13. SKAO ANAZIBF
Center - Detroit Falcons
TPE: 266
Highest Rank: 4 (Week 1)
Lowest Rank: 17 (Week 5)

[Image: Roman-Josi-Predators-2018.jpg]
14. DELVER FUDGESON
Defense - Lethbridge Lions
TPE: 266
Highest Rank: 11 (Week 4)
Lowest Rank: 15 (Week 3)
SHL Comparable: Vladimir Bodnar
NHL Comparable: Kris Letang

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 8 A: 18 P: 26 -4 HITS: 34 SB: 62

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 12 G: 3 A: 2 P: 5 +0 HITS: 12 SB: 14

Delver Fudgeson, a member of both the Lethbridge Lions and the S49 All-Name team, was absolutely phenomenal on the ice this past season. Fudgeson was a centerpiece during a tumultuous season in Lethbridge, and can be credited with a lot of their success as they saw a management change early in their season. Fudgeson's 62 shot blocks are unheard of from a rookie, and his ability to contribute on the offensive end makes him one of the most exciting defensive prospects in this draft.

"I'm trying to be a contributor on both ends of the ice, and I'd like to find a team that has an active and fun LR," Delver told Facebook Watch last week, "WKP [was] a pretty cool team last time I was really active, so that would be interesting to make a return there."

TIER 3

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSlbrj-vFmp9yOHiqtmd...TdV5BR0qZs]
15. KHABIB NURMEGOMEDOV
Left Wing - Detroit Falcons
TPE: 263
Highest Rank: 14 (Week 3)
Lowest Rank: 21 (Week 5)
SHL Comparable: Elyk
NHL Comparable: Alexander Ovechkin

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 10 A: 5 P: 15 +1 HITS: 30 SB: 4

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 7 G: 1 A: 0 P: 1 -2 HITS: 6 SB: 0

Khabib Nurmegomedov is a pure sniping winger. Although receiving limited minutes in Detroit, Nurmenogov still broke the 10 goal mark in his rookie season. Additionally, Nurmegomedov isn't afraid to lay the body; tallying 30 hits over the course of the regular season. Last season saw an early exit in the playoffs for Detroit, but returning players like Nurmegomedov and his S49 teammates ensure that this team will have a shot to make a deep playoff run in S49.

"All I want in my career is a championship..." Nurmegomedov told Draft Preview. "If I can do it with some of my teammates in Detroit, all the better."

[Image: fd00111dd4fbfeb879fd1ba92eeff9ab.jpg]
16. Raquel Castillo Gutierrez
Right Wing - Kelowna Knights
TPE: 261
Highest Rank: 14 (Week 2)
Lowest Rank: 18 (Week 4)
SHL Comparable: Lmfao no one compares to Jiggly
NHL Comparable: Bobby Hull

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 10 A: 6 P: 16 -8 HITS: 37 SB: 8

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 7 G: 2 A: 1 P: 3 +0 HITS: 3 SB: 1

Raquel Castillo Gutierrez is a shoot first winger who made a big impact in Kelowna this season, netting ten goals and laying the body 37 times during the regular season. Despite Kelowna's short-lived postseason run, Castillo Gutierrez still managed to contribute for three points and was a bright spot on a team that struggled. Raquel also sports strong defensive awareness, and plans to be a solid piece for years to come in Kelowna.

"I'm looking to stay in Kelowna as long as possible," Castillo Gutierrez told our scout. "I'm familiar with San Francisco, and I don't really want to go anywhere else if I get called up."

17. JAGGER FOUQUETTE
Left Wing - Detroit Falcons
TPE: 258
Highest Rank: 6 (Week 2)
Lowest Rank: 13 (Week 3)

18. NOAH ANDROS
Defenseman - Colorado Raptors
TPE: 257
Highest Rank: 10 (Week 2)
Lowest Rank: 13 (Week 4)

[Image: fedorov_2018-10-29.jpg]
19A. ARTEM MOZGOV
Left Wing - Vancouver Whalers
TPE: 256
Highest Rank: 17 (Week 5)
Lowest Rank: 33 (Week 1)
SHL Comparable: Flacko Lagerfield
NHL Comparable: Mark Stone

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 8 A: 3 P: 11 -6 HITS: 25 SB: 1

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 19 G: 1 A: 0 P: 1 -7 HITS: 12 SB: 3

Artem Mozgov is one of s49s biggest success stories thus far. Initially sitting at 178 TPE, this stud went on to become the fourth highest ranked left wingers on our board, took on a power forward role in Vancouver, and ended it all by lifting the Four Star Cup last week. We have frequently featured Mozgov as a player to watch, and he has impressed us at every turn. Still a bit of an anomaly as a player, Mozgov provided us with a self evaluation that reads better than most of our own scouting reports:

"Right now I've been working on my all around game as a power forward but by next season I want to turn myself into a hard to play against big man with a blazing hot slapper."

Mozgov will be a big get for any SHL team, and has made a strong case to be selected as a late first round pick.

"I want to make the jump as soon as possible, I want to make a difference on the big stage and show the SHL I'm here to stay!" Mozgov told The Atlantic. "It would be a dream come true if the Chiefs decided to draft me, really like their identity and they need left wingers! Hamilton and San Francisco are tied for second, would love to live in Hamilton and the Pride logo is amazing, both teams also have a wing spot open too."

[Image: finn-balor-696x450.jpg]
19B. PRINCE DEVITT
Defenseman - Kelowna Knights
TPE: 256
Highest Rank: 15 (Week 1)
Lowest Rank: 19 (Week 4)
SHL Comparable: Max Weber
NHL Comparable: Dustin Byfuglien

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 4 A: 9 P: 14 -13 HITS: 66 SB: 41

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 6 G: 1 A: 3 P: 4 +2 HITS: 10 SB: 5

Prince Devitt is one of the most feared players in the S49 Draft class. A stay at home Defenseman, Devitt intimidates opposing forwards with his sheer size and force of will. Also his general force, as he bodied 66 juniors during the S48 regular season. Despite the early exit, Devitt had a strong playoff performance, tallying 4 points and ten hits over six games.

"I'm a Hard Nosed, bang him up player, that also is a great puck mover and takes charge in turning puck overs in the neutral zone," Devitt told Barstool Sports. "I'm here to help my goalie out as much as possible."

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRgkUUMoI5SjsmAXik-_...zEFERSn7xS]
21. MIKAS BIEKSA
Defense - Vancouver Whalers
TPE: 252
Highest Rank: 20 (Week 4)
Lowest Rank: 29 (Week 1)
SHL Comparable: Roman Augustus
NHL Comparable: Ivan Provorov

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 39 G: 2 A: 5 P: 7 +1 HITS: 20 SB: 28

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 19 G: 5 A: 0 P: 5 +9 HITS: 11 SB: 11

Mikas Bieksa was a late bloomer in this draft class. Picked up in free agency by the S48 Four Star Cup Champion Vancouver Whalers, this offensive d-man struggled to get going early on. However, the postseason was a coming out of sorts for the blue liner, as he potted five goals and went a stellar +9 over nineteen games. Bieksa is solid in his own zone, and his eye for the net is unquestioned at this point in time. What has surprised scouts is Bieksa's focused decision making and ability to handle the puck out of trouble.

"I want to be a universal player that's also a core player for a franchise..." Bieksa told us. "I'm looking for a great, tight knit locker room, like those in New Orleans or Buffalo, who is committed to developing their draftees. I think it would be great to land alongside my teammate in Vancouver, Jan Zacha, as well as my other friends in this draft, Anthony Archer and Noah Brusky."

22. FR FINN RHYS
Defenseman - Halifax Raiders
TPE: 250
Highest Rank: 19 (Week 5)
Lowest Rank: 36 (Week 2)

23. NOLAN MCMAHON
Goalie - Lethbridge Lions
TPE: 249
Highest Rank: 25 (Week 1)
Lowest Rank: 23 (Week 5)

[Image: Claude-Giroux.jpg]
24. DENVER WOLFE
Defense - Colorado Raptors
TPE: 244
Highest Rank: 25 (Week 5)
Lowest Rank: 31 (Week 3)
SHL Comparable: Ensio Kalju
NHL Comparable: Miro Heiskanen

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 44 G: 2 A: 10 P: 12 -10 HITS: 29 SB: 23

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 6 G: 0 A: 1 P: 1 +0 HITS: 6 SB: 8

Denver Wolfe is a two way Defenseman who signed with the Colorado Raptors shortly into the S48 season. Wolfe compliments strong vision with the ability to do what's needed to keep the puck out of the net; a skill that was lacking amongst other Colorado defensemen this season. Despite a lackluster postseason appearance, Wolfe still managed to dictate the pace of play and make opposing forwards think twice before entering the zone.

"I like to be reliable on both ends of the ice, so two-way is likely the way to go, " Wolfe told our west coast scout earlier this season. "I am also always willing to take suggestions from my team that'll further help me develop and fit into the mold of that team for positive success. I want to find a team that's similar to my team in Colorado: active, helpful, and competitive."

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSMaNBx60Q02xalu2kQk...HQTG7zEgE6]
25. JAKUB BRUCHEVSKI
Center - St. Louis Scarecrows
TPE: 241
Highest Rank: 39 (Week 1)
Lowest Rank: 24 (Week 5)
SHL Comparable: Louie Garrett
NHL Comparable: Henrik Zetterberg

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 41 G: 6 A: 3 P: 9 -10 HITS: 18 SB: 2

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 5 G: 0 A: 1 P: 1 -2 HITS: 3 SB: 0

Jakub Bruchevski, the Russian born winger, has become a fan favorite since suiting up for St. Louis a tad late this season. Bruchevski is two-way centerman who prides himself on winning draws and can find the back of the net as a third forward. Bruchevski has greatly improved over the course of this season, climbing our prospect board each week and cementing himself as a clear second round pick for any team in need of help down the middle. Although we expect Bruchevski will need some more time to develop in Juniors, we expect him to be a force for St. Louis as early as next season, and will someday make a SHL fan base very proud.

"I want to go to a team that's active and has a clear plan for their future," said Bruchevski. "I'll be happy to be drafted by anybody but if I had to pick I guess New Orleans or Hamilton. New Orleans has a lot of former Scarecrows on the roster that I already know, and same thing with Hamilton except it's there Russian players that I already know. There are a lot of talented players in our class, like Brusky, Fudgeson, Archer, and Jones who I would like to share a LR with in the bigs as well."

[Image: gettyimages-1133461980-594x594.jpg]
26. LEONID KOFIX
Left Wing - Anaheim Outlaws
TPE: 233
Highest Rank: 27 (Week 5)
Lowest Rank: 36 (Week 1)
SHL Comparable: Rayne Summers
NHL Comparable: Alexander Semin

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 50 G: 3 A: 4 P: 7 +7 HITS: 18 SB: 2

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 18 G: 0 A: 2 P: 2 +5 HITS: 7 SB: 0

Leonid Kofix is a crafty winger with an eye for scoring goals when the opportunity presents itself. Kofix spend most of the first half of the season lagging behind the rest of his draft class, but a 15 TPE update in our final week lifted him to a preview high of #27. Kofix has demonstrated commitment to developing his player, despite a slow start on the ice in a limited role for Anaheim this past season. The winger gained significant experience in the playoffs this season, making a finals appearance and leaning into a checking role. Kofix proved that he brings toughness to his game, and that he is the type of player who does the little things needed for a team to win.

"I want to create a scoring winger who plays well on both ends of the ice..." says Kofix. "... I would be a great compliment to elite players and hopefully be a piece which can help teams win championships."

TIER 4

27. D - Heat Siecker - 225 TPE
28. D - Gavin Hughes - 221 TPE
29a. LW - Jukka Jokinen - 213 TPE
29b. RW - Jean Francois Mayer - 213 TPE
29c. D - Wyatt Ruschkoff - 213 TPE

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT9YYnKNn7Kwfq92znAs...403tWgTYkv]
32. JEAN PAUL BOLVIN
Left Wing - Vancouver Whalers
TPE: 210
Highest Rank: 34 (Week 5)
Lowest Rank: 43 (Week 3)
SHL Comparable: Tony Pepperoni
NHL Comparable: Blake Wheeler

S48 REGULAR SEASON STATS
GP: 17 G: 0 A: 0 P: 0 -2 HITS: 9 SB: 0

S48 POSTSEASON STATS
GP: 19 G: 0 A: 0 P: 0 - 1 HITS: 11 SB: 0

Big Hits and Big Dreams: that's Jean-Paul Boivin. Jean Paul Bolvin is a late declaree for the upcoming S49 Draft, but don't let that fool you, this is possibly the toughest kid available on the board for teams to take. You can see per grit in his game, reminiscent of SHL players Mike Izzy and Tony Pepperoni, his Comparable. Vancouver used Jean Paul Bolvin in a very limited role, amd the youngster is still looking to log his first Simulated point, but that hunger is driving him this offseason to new heights.

"There can only be some many superstars in a league," Bolvin told Draft Preview," I don't need to be the best there ever was. I just want to play the best I can, and to make sure my team is playing the best they can. I'm hungry for wins not for my own glory. I think there are teams out there, like BUF, MAN, CGY, and SFP that value players like me, and I think their active locker rooms would encourage my development into an SHL player."

33. G - Malcom Weekes - 208 TPE

TIER 5

34. LW - Sterling Slaughter - 197 TPE
35a. RW - Nicklaus Engel - 194 TPE
35b. C - Mike Richard - 194 TPE
37. C - Gotta Love Honors Bio - 193 TPE  
38. D - Cal Clucker - 191 TPE
39. RW - Jastik Janorksson - 190 TPE
40. D - Zach MaGoon - 183 TPE
41. G - Marques Brownlee - 180 TPE
42. LW - Theodore Sober - 177 TPE
43. RW - Cupa Kaako - 172 TPE
44. RW - Jon Snow - 171 TPE
45. D - Brennan Griggs - 161 TPE
46. C - Martin Kakko - 159 TPE
47a. G - Gritty Saosin - 158 TPE
47b. D - Fredrik Jensen - 158 TPE
47c. LW - Karl Motley - 158 TPE
47d. C - Jared Lammi - 158 TPE
51a. C - Daniel Gonzalez - 155 TPE
51b. LW - Elijah Richardson - 155 TPE
51c. RW - Arthur Dayne - 155 TPE
51d. D - Henrik Sapotchik - 155 TPE
51e. D - Jimmy Van Johns - 155 TPE
51f. D - Alexander Mann - 155 TPE
51g. G - Jeffrey Thompson - 155 TPE

Code:
Word Count - 5444 according to SHL counter.
If anyone catches anything off (TPE numbers, rank, past rank) let me know, this is a massive article and I'm sure I messed up somewhere. Otherwise, thank you everyone for reading the inaugural run of Draft Preview over the past ~2 months! Due to the sheer size of next years class, as well as the fact that the rookies are very likely to do something similar, I intend to take next season off. However, the plan is to come back in time for the s51 class. See you then!

I was looking forward to this Smile

Great shit, and great series Whik

Amazing article. This was a really fantastic series of articles! Thank you for doing this. If you ever need some help - i would love to assist you, man.

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

The best.

Bowdown

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]

You killed this series man, really looking forward to other article ideas you come up with.

Falcons Canada

I appreciate the use of Cody's avatar in this one. Cheers

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Amazing as always!

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Bowdown

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

I didn't see this until after the draft and now it just makes me sad to see me ranked so high. Thank you for your kind words about Rocky.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough