Create Account

S48 All-Rookie Team
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2019, 12:21 PM by Flowseidon.)

Shl Shl Shl Shl Shl Shl Shl
S48 All-Rookie Team
Shl Shl Shl Shl Shl Shl Shl

F - Matt Kholin Barracuda
F - Nick Brain Jets
F - Borromini Cannelini Panthers
D - Akashi SixNine Barracuda
D - Karlstrabe Scholz Blizzard
G - Patrice Nadeau pride

Some promising looking SHL careers to come from these folk!

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Word

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Nice! A great list of players to be a part of.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Booby Sharp snub tbqh

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Figured this would be the case, still disappointed.  Was hoping P/20 would make up for my lack of minutes compared to others Sad

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

07-31-2019, 12:33 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Figured this would be the case, still disappointed.  Was hoping P/20 would make up for my lack of minutes compared to others Sad

It's okay sloth, we'll show them. We'll make our own rookie team with blackjack and hookers

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Cudas buddies on that list and also Borromini!! Congrats yall

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

07-31-2019, 01:28 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
07-31-2019, 12:33 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Figured this would be the case, still disappointed.  Was hoping P/20 would make up for my lack of minutes compared to others Sad

It's okay sloth, we'll show them. We'll make our own rookie team with blackjack and hookers

Put me on the team

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are plenty of guys who made the All-Rookie team who don't amount to anything compared to those who didn't make it.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

07-31-2019, 03:19 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are plenty of guys who made the All-Rookie team who don't amount to anything compared to those who didn't make it.

Cheers  With all the great players in the league I just figured this was one of my best chances at winning something!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

07-31-2019, 03:19 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:

What about people like me who don't make it and still amount to nothing?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Gordie's career already failed.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

This list has a severe lack of former Scarecrows

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

07-31-2019, 03:29 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
07-31-2019, 03:19 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are plenty of guys who made the All-Rookie team who don't amount to anything compared to those who didn't make it.

Cheers  With all the great players in the league I just figured this was one of my best chances at winning something!

True, I get that sentiment.

I would say that if you aren't sure if you will win a major award (or you will only win one or just be nominated for one), the best way to have your player really stand out is to develop a narrative surrounding the player.

Daniel Merica is a very well-known player for those of us who were around when he played. However he only had one season that saw him win any major awards (S22), and only made the 1st All-Star team twice. He became memorable because the user for that player created an aura of clutch play around it, as well as using that narrative to make him a staple of the Manhattan Rage franchise when he was there. Even without winning a Mexico or a Razov he still made his contributions known and his player is looked upon fondly as a result. Liam Kinsler of Texas is another example. Hell, even Esa Anrikkanen didn't win a lot of awards, and even if he didn't break the goal-scoring record or the points record he still would have been considered legendary because of Steelhead's narrative that he surrounded the player with.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Snubbed

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread