Create Account

Remove enforcers

08-02-2019, 08:44 AMluketd Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:43 AMスウェグキング Wrote: Well i mean, i dont want Brad Marchand to spear people in the balls and lick opponents dirty faces but he still does

NHL doesnt equal STHS

Your face doesnt equal your foot either u stupid

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

So I think @Avakael suggestion of it being an option for second generation players and on only is a really good compromise.

@JSS would that satisfy most of your issues with removal?

I definitely take your point that it is partly a GM problem. But even when they are taken @"luketd" point that they don't really get stats very much is a good one and partly behind the resin that BB (you know the guy with the really long name ) recently retired his enforcer just after reaching cap..

It should be for experienced players only. And if new players want to hit, that's totally doable using other archetypes

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

08-02-2019, 08:42 AMSlowpoke Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:33 AMTomen Wrote: But they have their use.

They do?

TBH, first gen PWFs tend to be drafted later as well. (By PWF I mean anyone with high checking)

This is a frustrating topic, but I actually agree with removing the enforcer fwiw.

I mean I am more speaking as a member here than as a GM since I want to create an Enforcer Forward in the future to break the current hit records. Low Discipline is the thing which makes that possible. ALso 1 Enforcer as a winger on the 3rd line has decent use. Is it the top option? No. Can you still work with it? Yes imo.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

08-02-2019, 08:45 AMTomasnz Wrote: So I think @Avakael suggestion of it being an option for second generation players and on only is a really good compromise.

@JSS would that satisfy most of your issues with removal?

I definitely take your point that it is partly a GM problem. But even when they are taken @"luketd" point that they don't really get stats very much is a good one and partly behind the resin that BB (you know the guy with the really long name ) recently retired his enforcer just after reaching cap..

It should be for experienced players only. And if new players want to hit, that's totally doable using other archetypes

People come into the league with an idea with what they want their player to be. If its to hit and and in the penalty box, sure it will be fun for a couple sims, then when they see that tahts all they are doing and get not a ton of points in the season then they will get discouraged. If we start taking a shitload of PK minutes and see the other team score from that then the whole team gets discouraged if it happens regularly. Fuck  I wanted to be a playmaker when I joined the league, and now I switched to a sniper (still dont score as many goals as like Alaska who is a playmaker so fuck it what do I know)

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

08-02-2019, 08:44 AMスウェグキング Wrote: If SMJHL GMs arent drafting new players because theyre too result driven in a development league something is wrong.

It's not even about results. It just makes it not fun for everyone else. You can have high fighting, but you still won't fight other players with low fighting. So all that really happens is you get a player with a boatload of minor penalties every game, and then everyone else's player gets dragged down because you have to kill 10 penalties a game.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

08-02-2019, 08:45 AMDangles13 Wrote: Why is discipline being put on a pedal stool? How many players put any TPE into their discipline before they are maxed out in fun stats?

Me. So, there's that.

Berg Svensen - D - Kelowna Knights - 194 TPE
My player page
Player Updates

08-02-2019, 08:48 AMSymmetrik Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:44 AMスウェグキング Wrote: If SMJHL GMs arent drafting new players because theyre too result driven in a development league something is wrong.

It's not even about results. It just makes it not fun for everyone else. You can have high fighting, but you still won't fight other players with low fighting. So all that really happens is you get a player with a boatload of minor penalties every game, and then everyone else's player gets dragged down because you have to kill 10 penalties a game.

The highest PIM count anyone in the J has had is 160 in one season, that's 3.1 per game.

08-02-2019, 08:57 AMnorge_anon Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:45 AMDangles13 Wrote: Why is discipline being put on a pedal stool? How many players put any TPE into their discipline before they are maxed out in fun stats?

Me. So, there's that.

unrelated thing, I love your profile picture

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Winning is fun and fun is a big part of why people are on this site and why they stay active here, why would a SMJHL GM draft a walking penalty and then risk losing other rookies to inactivity because they aren't having fun? It's a development league *for the SHL* so if we're drafting players that SHL teams won't want just because we need to develop them but their presence on our team puts the development of players that SHL teams actually want at risk, what exactly are we developing?

Some of y'all really need to stop and think before opening your mouths to complain on here idgi

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 09:03 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

08-02-2019, 09:01 AMBDonini Wrote:

Winning is fun and fun is a big part of why people are on this site and why they stay active here, why would a SMJHL GM draft a walking penalty and then risk losing other rookies to inactivity because they aren't having fun? It's a development league *for the SHL* so if we're drafting players that SHL teams won't want just because we need to develop them but their presence on our team puts the development of players that SHL teams actually want at risk, what exactly are we developing?

Some of y'all really need to stop and think before opening your mouths to complain on here idgi

Quote:The highest PIM count anyone in the J has had is 160 in one season, that's 3.1 per game.

If you can't work around that i don't know what to tell you.

Do you skip on drafting people with bad builds that wont accomplish much on the ice too?

08-02-2019, 09:03 AMスウェグキング Wrote:
08-02-2019, 09:01 AMBDonini Wrote: Winning is fun and fun is a big part of why people are on this site and why they stay active here, why would a SMJHL GM draft a walking penalty and then risk losing other rookies to inactivity because they aren't having fun? It's a development league *for the SHL* so if we're drafting players that SHL teams won't want just because we need to develop them but their presence on our team puts the development of players that SHL teams actually want at risk, what exactly are we developing?

Quote:The highest PIM count anyone in the J has had is 160 in one season, that's 3.1 per game.

If you can't work around that i don't know what to tell you.

Do you skip on drafting people with bad builds that wont accomplish much on the ice too?

That's 3.1 per game for one player, there are 17 other skaters on the team.

Someone with a bad build can be helped with the guidance of their GM, someone with 25 discipline and 80+ fighting, who is essentially starting with 100+ tpe less than all other rookies, is a very different story.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Lethbridge has a maxed out roster of actives at 4 forward lines and just over 3 D lines. I PMed Glatt after the draft when he posted to let him know that we were full but GMs saw he was active and someone would be in touch. He hadn’t been on in a few days and logged on in the middle of a reddit draft, not exactly the easiest to catch.

It wasn’t as malicious as people are making it sound.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Also to the point from OP, I had like 32 fighting last preseason in the SHL with normal discipline and went around clobbering people. You can definitely role play as an enforcer by just upping your fighting from a normal build. I don’t think the enforcer build is necessary and I can’t think of one that was built other than for pure memeing that’s made an actual SHL career.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Why not just play 50 friendlies a season and then all get together and sing kum ba yah at the end of the season and take turns holding the four star cup. 

Development and winning aren't mutually exclusive. Winning is almost always more fun than losing. More fun equals better player retention and engagement. A good GM can keep her or his players entertained regardless of results but a good GM also sets their team up to have the best chance of winning. 

What's the point of carrying around an anchor that lessens the enjoyment everyone else on the team gets out of the game?

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

If enforcers are removed I’ll just make another niche player that’ll end up being a 3rd liner at best again

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]