Create Account

Remove enforcers

08-02-2019, 09:21 AMAcsolap Wrote: What's the point of carrying around an anchor

Bold move from a BOAT

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I'd be alright with an enforcer in the SMJHL; I'd be alright with an enforcer in the SHL, but only if they pushed their disciple at least 10-15 points past their fighting in playoffs.

If I was an IIHF GM, however, I'd tell them to fuck off. God only knows how many times Danny Foster cost team USA a knockout game.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 09:27 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Best thing for the league is obviously if everyone has the exact same "standard" build with only minimum tweaks, and takes nothing but the bare minimum contracts once they hit the SHL. =D

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-02-2019, 09:20 AMJNH Wrote: Also to the point from OP, I had like 32 fighting last preseason in the SHL with normal discipline and went around clobbering people.  You can definitely role play as an enforcer by just upping your fighting from a normal build.  I don’t think the enforcer build is necessary and I can’t think of one that was built other than for pure memeing that’s made an actual SHL career.

Man, people just straight up don't remember Danny Foster anymore. I'm so sad.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

08-02-2019, 09:26 AMztevans Wrote:
08-02-2019, 09:20 AMJNH Wrote: Also to the point from OP, I had like 32 fighting last preseason in the SHL with normal discipline and went around clobbering people.  You can definitely role play as an enforcer by just upping your fighting from a normal build.  I don’t think the enforcer build is necessary and I can’t think of one that was built other than for pure memeing that’s made an actual SHL career.

Man, people just straight up don't remember Danny Foster anymore.  I'm so sad.

Danny Foster was a LEGEND one of my fav Crows

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 09:44 AM by Wasty.)

As a GM of one of the Leagues most prominent enforcers over the SHL’s lifetime, I’d say keep the enforcer build. GMs that don’t wanna draft them are missing out. You can have a very handy enforcer type player on the team that does more than just fight or get penalties.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

I think enforcers maybe need more of a serious retool than they do to be removed completely. Yes enforcers are a player type that is supposed to be hamstrung slightly towards a physical play and taking penalties, and less about being a pure offensive or defensive presence on the ice. Just adding fighting and removing discipline isnt a great way to represent what players are hoping to build here.

Can we ban goalies too? Absolutely useless just use McFadden and zz snop lion

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 10:38 AM by Whikadoodle.)

I'm really not a fan of limiting users just because the majority feels like a development choice is a "bad" choice to make. Our rules are important: they should prohibit user decisions that result in game breaking scenarios and encourage action that improves their personal player development, their teams development, and the development of the league as a whole. But it is contrary to the spirit of the site, to be your own player and find your place in our league, to limit player decision making simply because it is not a popular choice to make.

The entire build structure was redone a few years ago to introduce strengths and weaknesses. The whole point of that decision was to prevent every player from having the exact same build, which had begun to occur. If anything, we should be finding ways to increase diversity of builds, not limit it.

If someone comes here and selects and enforcer build, they probably aren't trying to be a superstar player in the league. If we want to include a disclaimer in the rookie guide/materials about STHS and that you won't score a lot, fighting rating does not necessarily mean more fights, etc., we can, but I think players will know what they're signing up for. And, if they don't like it, they can always recreate. If a new player is going to quit the site because his enforcer doesn't go top 10, that's pretty fuckin bone headed on their part.

Just put a big disclaimer on the enforcer build that you won't ever score many points and call it a day.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

08-02-2019, 10:08 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Just put a big disclaimer on the enforcer build that you won't ever score many points and call it a day.

^^ I like this one.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Strength #1: Checking
Strength #2: Strength
Strength #3: Endurance

Weakness: Scoring, Defense, or Skating

Keep FG at 25, Increase checking to 60, lower DI to 42

Should be salvageable like this

08-02-2019, 10:21 AMInf1d3l Wrote: Strength #1: Checking
Strength #2: Strength
Strength #3: Endurance

Weakness: Scoring, Defense, or Skating

Keep FG at 25, Increase checking to 60, lower DI to 42

Should be salvageable like this

endurance is a dookie stat though

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 10:42 AM by Baelor Swift.)

Orrrrrrrr just don't approve any first gen enforcers until they have spoken with a rookie mentor about it?

Because it is a pretty limiting build in terms of the direction you can take your player and it's hard to know the implications of that if you aren't familiar with the sim engine.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

08-02-2019, 10:41 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Orrrrrrrr just don't approve any first gen enforcers until they have spoken with a rookie mentor about it?

far too logical, no way

This seems legit to me though honestly

I feel like the only real reason the enforcer is unsuccessful in juniors is the TPE cap

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada