Create Account

PT 1 - Training Days

The first day of training camp was rough, coach Terrorov was pushing all of us really hard. I almost threw up during the power skating drills, I'm pretty sure First-Name Last-Name actually passed out in the ice-cold baths we took after the rookie practice 3 on 3 games. They said the league was going to be hard and they were not joking.

After we all showered, coach Terrorov got us all back in the locker room, he passed vodka to everyone and we all drank straight fro the bottle, he said it built character. He also  gave us some wisdom from back in Motherland, I don't remember most of it because he was incoherent for most of it but here's what I remember for my fellow rookies in the SMJHL: "Listen more, talk less you stupid shits", "No family has ugly members, except you Patrick you potato looking capitalist", "Pray to god but hold on to your good mind unless you're Jake Peralta, in that case, it's hell for you." and to finish it off, the one I liked the most, "Pay your taxes, seriously pay them, we need your ass on the ice not in court"

That was just day 1 too, I would say more but I think coach will kill me if he sees me on my phone again....

[Image: yb6pPSc.png]
Anyone who truly cares about you will always find a way back to you.

After missing the draft due to a paperwork translation error, Andrei Petrikov still managed to wind up on his dad's old team. As much as he has said he did not want to follow in his dad's footprints, here he is, playing for the Armada.

Of course, since he came into  camp a few days after the rest of the team, he didn't really have a whole lot of choice in which locker he got. He quickly tossed his stuff in his locker and got out onto the ice.

Later on, during a break, his dad Mikhail called to see how he was doing. They chatted for a bit, and his dad asked where his locker was. Andrei told him which locker, and his dad told him to check in the back for a small scratched MP.

Andrei looked, and asked his dad what it meant.

His dad told him that it had been his locker his rookie season as well.

Andrei smiled and laughed a little, finding himself happy. Even though he had always said that he wanted to get out of his father's shadow, he felt comforted by the fact that he had a small piece of his father's history.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

[Image: 6EcZyWv.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 02:59 AM by The__Y-man__100.)

Wrong thread

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Well I missed the draft because I was busy saving people, being Flash Gordon savior of the universe didn’t leave much down time to make it to the draft. I still managed to get drafted to the St. Louis scarecrows. The name confuses me at first from my understanding scarecrows just stand in a field and don’t move at all but training camp proved that wrong. I thought they were just going to give me a spot to stand in but they had us skating all over the ice and running a bunch of drills. It wasn’t bad definitely not as much work as I’m use to saving the universe and apparently vodka isn’t an acceptable breakfast lunch and dinner but I’ll figure this out. And to think a few months Ago I didn’t know what hockey was now I’m playing on a team in America.

So one time, at training camp.. we were headed back to the Anchorage locker room after some intense practice. I was ready to head home after a long day until I found this mysterious note in my locker. It read " YOU HAVE 7 DAYS". Naturally my heart started to race and I looked around for wandering eyes. Everyone seemed to be acting pretty normal. So many possibilities raced through my mind. Was this a prank? Was someone reminding me of something I had forgotten about? Or worse, was there a killer among us? I called up ML and asked him if he had any idea. He claimed he was not aware of any prank going around. I assumed this had to be a prank to scare the crap out of a rookie, so I laughed it off and kept gathering my things.. when all of a sudden I heard a loud scream coming from the showers. I ran over to see if someone needed my help and ML jump scares me and yells "haha sike bitch it was me". Thanks ML.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 01:37 AM by AlwaysGettingHaxed. Edit Reason: Grammar mistakes, yes I am a stickler for those. )

As with most major junior hockey teams, there is a rite of passage that many rookies seem to inherit.  This rite of passage is usually rookie initiation, or hazing as many in the outside world like to call it.  For some teams it is as simple as carrying or picking up pucks, for others doing teammates’ laundry.  Some teams can be more creative, rookies dress up to a certain theme, and others can be more devious in nature.

The Kelowna Knights are rather in the middle when it comes to their rookie initiation.  They certainly are creative as they made the rookies dress up as Sesame Street characters.  The rookies also had to take care of the pucks, water bottles, and carry the equipment of the elder players.

That is except for one rookie, Kalevolaripaako Käspertommevisnapuu, who had a little help avoiding this tomfoolery.  AGH Agency know all too well the rookie hazings that go on, with what happened to Zallerras Szlerchek’s initiation process.  So AGH Agency called up their old client to see if he was willing to protect the young Estonian winger.  When “Big Z” walked into the Kelowna locker room beside “KaKä’, nobody messed with him.  On one hand, players were geeked out to meet the Hall of Famer, and on the other hand nobody wanted to mess with one of the top fighters in SHL history.  Szlerchek gave them the terrifying story of his rookie initiation while with St. Louis.  So terrifying that we cannot post it here.  

Code:
~250 words

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]