Create Account

PT 1 - Training Days

The first day that François had been in the locker room, he had made a passing question in attempt to break the ice, “So which one’s my kennel?” He was relieved that he got a few laughs out of those around him, but had quickly forgotten about it, as there was a lot that was to be done in the immediate future.

One day during training camp, François came into the locker room at the start of the day and lo and behold, there was an actual kennel at his stall, with his name and the team logo on the side. After a little back and forth and a couple laughs, François figured he should actually try to fit into it. After about 5 minutes of theory crafting and the actual attempt, he resigned to the fact that he wouldn’t fit into it and got dressed. He still hasn’t been able to pinpoint who had left it in there the night before, but has determined himself to find the culprit.

(170 words)

[Image: a7leg1V.png]

I reach camp for training in Anaheim California and it is very HOT!  In Russia temperature in it reach 10-15 degrees, but California very hot at 32 degrees in August.  I ask someone temperature and they say 85 and I say – NO WAY, 85 be hot like fire.  But then I realize they speak not in Celsius here.  I don’t understand why America use wrong numbers.  

But I get nice Mercedes to take me to hockey ice and I meet teammates.  All teammates very nice and help me understand hockey in America.   The Outlaw way of hockey very nice and Coach Gibbles and Donini teach me well.  But hockey ice smaller in America so I must remember to pay attention to boards when not looking where skating.  But I will get accommodate with the ice and hot sun and very enjoy the beautiful area and Disney.   Disney very close and I like the mouse with big ears everywhere.

We work hard throughout week to train and gain additional skills to beat other teams and off to great start.   Coach Gibbles say that I hold big promise and need to work on many areas but think I will get lots of help to the Outlaws team.   Many people think I am not favorite in draft, but I show them I play good hockey.  Last year Outlaws very good team and I want to make sure Outlaws win many trophies.  I hear Phineas Gold (@Z0REM ) also want trophy too, but he only get trophy look like this:

[Image: golf-trophy.jpg]

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(211 Words)

Alexei had arrived early to camp in order to get his bearings. While getting a tour of the facilities one teammate asked Alexei if he had ever participated in a Walrus Club back home in Russia. Alexei stated he had but it had been a few years. The mischievous teammate told Alexei about that team walrus club and that they would be going to an outside ice-cold pool to do it and that he should get undressed and get outside quickly. Alexei quickly undressed and went outside only to quickly hear the door lock behind him. Naked and outside Alexei attempted to reenter the camp only to have security detain him. Alexei repeatedly tried to explain that he was a new member of the team and was simply joining the walrus club that was quite obviously not real but well he was naked and locked out, so the only way back was through the front door. Eventually, security contacted the coaching staff to have them see if Alexei was indeed a new player. The coaching staff initially joked that they did not know the kid and he should probably be arrested eventually they relented but not before having to walk naked back to the locker room between lines of jeering teammates.

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

After the Draft is before the Training Camp. The Swiss born Player Daniel Kuster spent the Time between the Draft and the Camp in Colorado to get to know the area. So for first day of camp he was ready to improve and get to know the new Teammates. With a bit difficulties with the language, but with a lot of energy he starts to work. It was a good first day with practice and talks between the new Teammates and the Coach. The Coach Welcomes all new Members before first practice and every new Member had to talk to the Team and told something about his life. In the first practice of the day there where some individual drills befor in the afternoon the teamdrill will take place. In the afternoon, after a first Teammeeting the hole Team went to a BBQ Restaurant for Dinner. The new Guys will pay for the night, that’s tradition

[Image: sBbbJmN.png]
Thank you @ToeDragon84
[Image: 431fb2-1569327124.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 12:33 PM by puolivalmiste.)

After draft there was not too much time to get from Finland to Vancouver as Björn Leppänen arrived to training camp and started to settle in one of first things he noticed was his gloves were missing. He wondered if forgot to pack them when leaving home or if someone had taken them from his luggage. After playing first day with hands covered in stick tape for protection it was clear for him that he needed to get new gloves. Asking around locker room where he might find a shop that sells hockey equipment he was pleased to find out there was a shop just outside arena.

While walking to shop he checked his bank account only to notice that neither his salary or sponsor deal money had been paid so there was just round zero and this weird s symbol at his total line. Still he walked into shop hoping that maybe he could strike a deal with them, after all he was now a player for local team. Shopkeeper was more than happy to offer gloves without front payment and with low interest, they found fitting pair processed the payment plan totaling 1.5 million dollars, that sounded like a lot of money but it was foreign currency which value was mystery to him and Björn was sure the shopkeeper was trustworthy.

(227 words)

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 12:34 PM by TML99.)

[Image: znK9ylh.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

PH

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Anxious, nervous and excited; First-Name Last-Name arrives at training camp for the Colorado Rockies. With preseason right around the corner, First-Name is hitting the training facilities hard in an attempt to get ready for the upcoming games. Instead of focusing on his usual routine, First-Name is trying to focus on his defense, skating, and puck-handling this training camp. "I know I can score and pass, but I need to refine the other parts of my game in order to become the total player I am trying to be for the Colorado Raptors." Training camp is always a fun time because you can get to know the other rookies and start to make some friends on the team, but also training camp sucks because you're officially a rookie... which means rookie duties. I wonder what mine is going to be this year... filling water bottles? Carrying the others equipment? Cleaning the toilets? Who knows? 

Word count: 159

[Image: gurbs.gif]

It's been a stressful couple of days for Henrik Lekberg Osterman. First the downer of not being drafted, followed by the call that had him move to Colorado just hours afterwards. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions. Training camp gave the young rookie no respite. After arriving only one day before camp was to start he received invitations to a 'Start of camp breakfast' from some of the older players. He called to double check with with one of them;

- Oh yeah bud, we do it every year! We go to the rink 2 hours earlier and eat breakfast together so everyone gets to meet up and chat before we head into camp. Good fun. And good breakfast too! Oh, and bring your PJ's. We always do it in our PJ's.

Strange, he tought. But okay. He was exhausted from his flight and didnt think twice about it. 

He woke up early next morning to head into town to buy some pyjamas (because serious who has a set of pyjamas past age 5?) and headed in towards town for the breakfast. He ended up sitting in the changing room and waiting in his PJ's for a full 30 minutes before it dawned on him that he had been had.

Let that be a lesson to you kiddos, get your beauty sleep.

-226 words.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Recent Anaheim Outlaws draftee Kevin Robinson is starting training camp for his rookie year and we managed to catch up with him for a quick interview.

When asked about how everything is going he had this to say: "Yeah, you know everything has been great so far. For a mid-late round pick like myself I was just excited to get an opportunity to play somewhere, especially for a team that's had so much success recently. I always say if you don't go number 1 it's better to go later to a good team. Everyone has been really nice and helpful so far. Honestly it's starting to weird me out a bit. I'm waiting for the rookie pranks and they just aren't coming. The other day in practice a vet brought me my water bottle after a drill. I thought for sure they'd done something to it. I think they're just buttering me up for later... But I'm going to be ready for it, no one's gonna get me!"

[Image: 7ICBY0z.png]
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]

Raiders Rookie Adam Barron on a roll
PuckShack News
8/4/2019

[Image: mT9xUuS.jpg]

Scenes outside the Halifax Raiders training camp as a group of sophomores and rookies decide to roll one unfortunate newcomer down a steep hill in a tractor tire.

Adam Barron, 17, was recently drafted by Halifax in the 2nd round of the S49 SMJHL entry draft. It is currently unknown if this event was a planned celebration by the team, or an initiation gone awry. Raiders management declined to comment.

One local, Gus Steenville, claims to have seen the incident as it happened.

“Yeah, they uhh, they was laughin’ and hollerin’ and then all of a sudden I just saw some fella tumblin’ down in that big tire while screamin’ his head off. I don’t think he was hurt but he seemed pretty dizzy after.”

This is not the first report of extreme behavior coming out of Raiders training camp. Witnesses say they saw a group of athletic teenagers use shopping carts to jump ramps at great speed in the Scotiabank Centre parking lot, and one local business owner claims a couple of young hockey players ran head first into a display of Bounty paper towels.

Barron refused to comment on the incident, though did vomit nearby immediately after declining the interview.

(202 words.)

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

After a long weekend of drinking and celebrating my draft to the Militia, it was to be an early start in Montreal for the team’s training week.  It all started like a normal morning.  Breakfast, a shower, and then hopping on the bus to the training site.  It was all too easy.  There was only one thing I was going to focus on this training camp to get me up to speed for the juniors and that was defense.  I knew it, the team knew it, and definitely the management knew it.  I was thinking about all the things they would do to get me prepared to hone my defense, but I was not prepared for what they actually did.

Upon getting to the location, I walked in with little fanfare.  Everyone greeted me and was so nice, but no one would look me in the eyes.  When I got to the locker room I looked around for name and my new jersey only to find… Under my name plaque was a goalie uniform in bright, baby blue.  “Hey newbie!,” our GM called out from across the room.  “Suit up, it’s time you worked on your defense.”  I was a little in shock when the whole team descended on me and “helped” change me into the goalie outfit.  After many laughs they picked me up and marched me to the goal on the ice and strapped me in. “Rule #1 on defense, block the shot.”  Then they proceeded to shoot pucks at me.  At first I was pissed, but it was actually a lot of fun and I feel like I learned a lot about laughing with the team. I am looking forward to a good season.

(287 Words)

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 02:06 PM by Confusion.)

[Image: FbKFHzK.jpg]

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

My first day of training camp was a real experience. I woke up late. Not sure how, but I somehow forgot to set an alarm. In a panic, I grabbed all my stuff and ran down stairs. I was still staying in a hotel room at this point, haven’t had time to get a real place yet. Grabbed an uber to the training facility and prayed that I’m not the only one.

Once I got there, I ran to the main meeting room. We were supposed to meet there on the first day. It was empty. They must have already gone on to whatever came after the initial meeting. I assumed they’re on the ice, so I started heading to the locker room.

I passed by coach’s office and heard him yell my name.

“Lane!”

Damn, busted. I stuck my head just inside the door.

“Sorry I’m late coach. This really isn’t like me. I promise it won’t happen again.”

He paused for a few seconds.

“I’m in the middle of something. Find a seat out there. I’ll deal with you in a minute.”

I take a seat in one of the chairs in the hall outside his office and wait.

After a few minutes, he called me into his office and had me take a seat.

“Punctuality is very important to us here. If you don’t have the discipline to make it here on time, I don’t know how you’re going to make it in this league, and you certainly won’t make it in the SHL. I can pick up the phone and get any of a number of guys in here tomorrow to take your spot, and they’ll all show up early. Whether or not that happens is entirely up to you, and how you choose to conduct yourself while you’re here. Do you undestand what I’m saying?”

“Yes sir.” I couldn’t remember ever feeling more emarassed in my life.

He stared at me for what felt like a very long time.

“Ok then. Training camp starts tomorrow. Get outta here… Don’t be late.”

I felt like an idiot, but also relieved.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 08:39 PM by uhh.)

TSN.CA
SMJHL - Thoughts on Training Camp
By: Simmons Seravalli

Raptors Colorado Raptors

The Raptors entered the second day of training camp with a new player on the ice, as Hariken Urawa chose to sign a one-year deal with Colorado after arriving from Tokyo a few days ago.

Urawa was on the ice in a gold #88 jersey for this afternoon's skate, and looked a little bit overwhelmed at times to be on the ice with a North American major junior hockey team, one step away from the SHL. For some perspective, last week he was playing against Japanese university teams.

"It's fast. It's a lot faster than anything I've ever experienced in a practice," said Urawa after the skate. "Once you get up to speed, the drills and the routines are the same. It's just a lot faster."

"He's starting on the fourth line," said Raptors coach Anatoli Terrorov (@StadiumGambler). "That's not a punishment or anything like that. We're super excited he chose us, but it's going to take him some time to adjust to the game.

"We don't want to kill his confidence. We want him to get some easy minutes to start, play in some low-pressure situations, and then get up to speed."

Urawa has a strong work ethic and was seen doing some skating drills on the ice at the end of practice with a handful of other players. If he works as hard as he did in Japan, it's easy to think that he will be an impact player for the Raptors sooner rather than later.

He has also become one of the gang pretty quickly, as he has already been the target of his first locker room prank.

"That was funny. I went to put on my new gloves - team colours by the way, awesome - and they were a bit snug. Went nuts trying to figure it out before I pulled out four pieces of bubble gum stuffed in the fingers.

"It's a good sign when you're getting pranked in a locker room. It means you're welcomed."

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature