Create Account

S49 PT #1 - The Affiliate
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 02:53 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: leader_647.jpeg?guqG7AafsVys359Fv8D2NTmWy1XD2f.Y]

At a post draft press Q&A earlier this morning, members of the leagues hierarchy have expressed their interest in a new minor league system between the SHL and SMJHL. In theory each SHL franchise will have their own affiliate with control of the branding, location and roster!

Written Task: In the event that this takes place the league is asking that this be a collaberative effort of ideas. Give us a rundown on where your teams minor league affiliate will play? What will it be called? Why did you decide to call it that? and who on your staff will take the responsibility of managing the new team and why!?  (150+ words and tag all involved)

Graphic Task:  Create a jersey mock up for the newly affiliated franchise! Mock up must include the name of the affiliate and the team it plays for above the jersey... and on the jersey there must be a chest crest, some sort of striping or design and have an SHL logo somewhere on it to show that its official SHL sportswear.

Additional Information:
You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, August 11 at 10PM EST.

Welfare claims from either PBE or the NSFL are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 01:48 PM by SecondSucks22.)

If I were in charge of choosing a location for a minor league team for Hamilton it would be obvious to me. Not even 45 minutes up highway 6 from Hamilton is Guelph Ontario, my home town. Now why Guelph, you might be asking. Well first and foremost, its close, if you have a last minute emergency call up, they can get there in no time at all. Secondly, Guelph is a Hockey town. We already have an OHL team that has continuously pumped out elite caliber players for the past several decades, myself included, which means we also already have an arena that is an appropriate size for a minor league team to play in, located downtown. You may say "well if they have an OHL team thats already too much" to which I say, first, fuck you, second, Guelph is always looking for more hockey. Everyone and theyre mother is a part of a beer league here, weve had near knife fights just for first round playoff games, and Ive personally almost gotten in several fights just WATCHING games here. Not to mention Guelph (which is also a University town, and one of the fastest growing cities in Canada) already has an extensive history with Hamilton, when the Hamilton Tiger Cats of the CFL were building the Tim Hortons Place, they played at Guelphs Alumni Stadium, I also have to mention that because of Guelphs love of hockey, there is always ice availible for team practices. They could be called a whole slew of things, we could borrow the Guelph Gryphons, from the Uni, or we could go the Royal City (because thats what Guelph is actually called, the town is named after members of the royal family) and go with Royal City Rangers, or just the Guelph Royals, I personally like the idea of borrowing Gryphons from the Uni, but if that isnt possible I would just go with Royals. On that note, there are 3 people I would have managing the team, first and foremost, myself, Im from this city, I love this city, no one knows it like I do. Then I would have my best friend and team mate, Duck Moose @dmills3 and the god damn stats man himself Aaron Wilson @aaronwilson

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 12:43 PM by Julio Tokolosh.)

Edmonton is renowned for its hockey culture, and its plethora of patrons at all levels. With a slew of competitive teams and the Oilers in the area, one might believe the market to be saturated, however, an affiliate team of the successful and popular Edmonton Blizzard would certainly be a welcome and profitable addition. Still in Edmonton, but North of city proper, lies a small borough by the name of Saint Albert. With a river running through it, and enough local charm to make it worthy of a day trip.

Team Name
The river running through St. Albert is a tributary to Big Lake. In honor of the area, and the franchise for which this new program is affiliated, a semi appropriate name would be the "Ice Holers". This is a combination of the icy aquatic version of a blizzard, and the fishing technique used and invented in the province in order to acquire sustenance during the winters, particularly in proximity to blizzards. The Lois Hole Centennial Provincial Park is a bike ride away, which also lends its name to the potential team name.

Responsibilities
Keygan and Tommy have done a msterful job of rebuilding on the fly. Their team is perpetually relevant, and they have a healthy farm system in place already. in order to keep the franchise healthy, they will stick with their current jobs. @CampinKiller aka the future of the franchise will run the affiliate. As the sim gawd, he has become one with simonT and melded their brains into one holy hockey simulator. he will be in charge of setting lines and acquiring filler spots. I will be in charge of the concession stand and beer cart, and logo/marketing.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 05:09 PM by FinnRhys.)

SHL Team: Edmonton Blizzard
Affiliate: Red Deer Cree

The decision to have the minor league affiliate of the Edmonton Blizzard located in Red Deer is for two primary reasons. First, its location. It is only 90 minutes outside of Edmonton which would make calling up or sending down players relatively quick, easy and inexpensive. It is also is relatively large with a population just over 100,000 and it has many of the same amenities as a larger city. The second reason is because of the hockey infrastructure that is already established. They already have a 7,000 seat hockey arena built and a rabid hockey fan base. 

The team name is the Cree mostly because I like team names to have something to do with the location they represent and because the Cree were the tribe that named the river along which Red Deer was founded (the Red Deer River).

Management will come from within the Edmonton organization and will initially compromise @khabib and @Good_Ole_Kimmy. Both would do a most excellent job and would definitely set the groundwork for the Cree to succeed in the fledgling minor league.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 09:06 PM by Sean.)

The Edmonton Blizzard are going to want to keep their affiliate somewhere close, somewhere big enough to support a team and somewhere that isn't in Calgary's direction.

The chosen spot is Llyodminster Alberta. It's 30,000 residents would be all in on an Edmonton farm team. We want a name that's similar to the Blizzard, so we're going to go with Llyodminster Storm. While the name doesn't necessarily imply snow, the branding will definitely show a snow storm in the design. I like the name because it is strong and has ties to our main organization.

As for managing the team, I think I'd like to see Julio Tokolosh take a crack at running things. I see a lot of potential in him and it'd be interesting to see what he could do. The Blizzard has a staff full of potential candidates and I'd be happy to have anyone currently involved with the blizzard run the farm team!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 02:59 PM by Tate.)

Parent Club: Chicago Syndicate syndicate
Minor League Affiliate: Rockford Underworld

Mindset on Location:
Rockford is the third most populated city in Illinois, the first being Chicago and second being Aurora. Rockford has a far better sound to it than Aurora and is relatively close in population to Aurora as well. Rockford has also proven to be a successful market for the AHL and if I were in an owner of the Syndicate and or could choose where the affiliate was I would want it to be close to the city of Chicago, so that way the cost and time it would take to bring up players would be minimal.

Mindset on Team Name:
Being that the parent club is named Syndicate and it is an ode to the Chicago mobsters of the past I felt it was appropriate to go with another synonym of organized crime. My initial thought was to use the team name of the Rockford Racketeers, but after seeing Underworld as an option I thought that was the sexier pick of the two. I feel there is far greater potential to design a unique and captivating logo of the Underworld rather than playing on the crime of Racketeering.

Management:
My first choice for general manager is the first manager I came to know on this site @hhh81 . He instantly saw potential in me and has helped me grow as a player and always has his players best interest in mind. Without question, he's the right leader to guide this team to a championship. Equally important, I would I'd want to bring along @StadiumGambler  to be our Head Coach, we need an experienced and knowledgeable voice in the room and with him as our head coach our team would be in good hands.  There are good reasons why the Colorado Raptors LR is one of the best, and it starts from the top.

[Image: p82ugau.png]

Code:
In the event that this takes place the league is asking that this be a collaberative effort of ideas. Give us a rundown on where your teams minor league affiliate will play? What will it be called? Why did you decide to call it that? and who on your staff will take the responsibility of managing the new team and why!?  (150+ words and tag all involved)

Upon learning the news that each SHL team would have control over its minor league affiliate, I have proposed some ideas for our new minor league farm team.

Location: I would want it to be located near the Edmonton  Blizzard so the most likely destination would have to be Red Deer. Red Deer is in the same province of Alberta and would allow for easy send downs or call ups reducing travel expense costs for the organization.

Team name: The team name is something that helps distinguish the team and helps associate it with the parent team. With those things in minds, my proposed team name for the minor league team would be snowstorm as it correlates with blizzard and keeps the branding of the Edmonton  Blizzard relevant and easy for SHL fans to remember. The Red Deer Snowstorms has a nice ring to it and did well in our market research for potential team names. 

Staff: Management would be lead by @Keygan @"TommySalami" and @BarnabasCollins these are the GM's I have experience with and i know they will do a tremendous job managing our minor league affiliate team and provide all the resources to further our prospects development.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

So I have been chosen to pick a worthy location and team name to be a minor league affiliate of the Edmonton Blizzard of the SHL. As Khabib is from Russia, it only makes sense for the location to be somewhere close to him, somewhere like home. The team will be located in Moscow, Russia and the team name will be the storm. The Moscow Storm. It only makes sense as Edmonton is cold, and Moscow is cold so the weather matches up and the prospects for the Moscow Storm won't feel out of place. To run the team, it only makes sense star prospect Khabib Nurmagomedov be included in the management team as well as FR FinnRhys and GM Keygan of the Edmonton Blizzard to oversee the hockey operations as acting president. The Storm will be a team feared in the minor league realm and rightfully so. The Edmonton Blizzard are very excited to announce their new partnership with the Moscow Storm.

[Image: KIHXpPg.png]
[Image: det.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]

Code:
[u]Written Task[/u]: In the event that this takes place the league is asking that this be a collaberative effort of ideas. Give us a rundown on where your teams minor league affiliate will play? What will it be called? Why did you decide to call it that? and who on your staff will take the responsibility of managing the new team and why!?  (150+ words and tag all involved)

Chicago's minor league team would definitely be the Milwaukee Mob. Milwaukee was chosen because of multiple reasons, the main reason being that it's close to Chicago, so any send-downs/call-ups can easily move between cities instead of taking cross-nation flights. Milwaukee can also definitely support a minor league team, since Milwaukee already shown their love of sports with the Milwaukee Bucks, Brewers, and the AHL Admirals. The name "Mob" was chosen since it has relation to the branding of the Syndicate, and Milwaukee Mob rolls off the tongue. The infrastructure already exists, since they could just use the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena where the Admirals play out of, or use @Velevra's bank account to build a brand new stadium fit to the team's needs.

Managing the team would be no other person than the Chicago Syndicate's Co-Co-Co-Co GM @nykonax. His appointed Co-GM would certainly be @kit, because they make a great duo as seen in their League of Legends games. Head coach of the team would be none other than @shutdown because if he can bring his League skills into coaching the Mob would be unstoppable. This management team would certainly be one of the best in the new minors league.

I think the new league would be called the SMHL (Simulation Minor Hockey League) and would have one franchise per SHL team. The team I would be creating is affiliated to the San Francisco Pride and will be located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The franchise would be called the Philadelphia Boxers, named after Rocky, a famous movie franchise filmed in the city about a boxer named Rocky Balboa who wins titles and shit. The Boxers would play out of the Wells Fargo Arena, located close to the Walt Whitman Bridge, and would wear white, golden yellow, and azure blue, which are the colors of the city. As for staff, the team would be managed by @Ason94, who's been a major help to the San Francisco GMs, @Grapehead and @tweedledunn, with scouting SMJHL players, specifically in Colorado. His keen scouting eye will be helpful for the franchise, as he could unearth some hidden talent. I look forward to this minor sim league hopefully being added into the SHL at one point in time.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

It seems pretty easy for me to decide where I would place an affiliate team. Being in Tampa Bay, I guess there arent really many options around us that would make it attractive for there to be a hockey team. The first choice I had was to go to the east of Tampa Bay and make a team situated in Orlando. But, what came across my mind would be to go to Miami. Now, that might sound a little weird but Miami is located near water, and Tampa Bay is called the Barracuda so we could have some cool name ideas that could go along with it.
My first brainstorming idea brought up the idea of the Miami Pirates or Miami Hurricanes, but they do not really fit the same name style as the Barracuda. But then, it hit me.
The Miami StingRays. Same style as a Barracuda, they stay in the water and they are also somewhat dangerous. Similar color styles could be used aswell for both teams, with that Turquoise ish style Blue. Miami is a huge party city aswell so it would be attractive for players to want to play there. The warm weather and the beaches, the beautiful women and also being affiliated with the Barracuda is a great thing imo.

It would be a tough decision for me to choose some people to run the team but someone like @MCP_ or @Kalakar . They have both been involved in the Juniors and in the management scene so they have some experience. (Sorry to any other TBB player that is involved in Juniors, just named the first 2 that crossed my mind)

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2019, 09:05 AM by StaticShocked.)

(166 words)
For the SHL's first SMJJHL team (Simulation Major Junior Junior Hockey League) team, I am proposing to bring a team to the Carolinas. The NHL's Hurricanes' are starting to build a formidable core with their youth, and their AHL affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers, recently won the AHL's Calder Cup, so it's evidence that hockey can thrive in a market dominated by football. The team will be the St. Louis Scarecrows' SMJHL affiliate and will also be affiliated with the New Orleans Specters of the SHL. As for the team name, I'm thinking of calling them the Carolina Reapers to tie in with the ghostly theme of the Specters' branding (and to tie in to the infamous pepper.) In terms of a management team, I will be looking for a previous SMJHL GM to take over the head GM spot of the team. However, if I am unable to find a former GM, maybe I'll step into the GM's office to give it a shot for myself.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

TEAM NAME: BUFFALO STAMPEDE
MINOR LEAGUE AFFILIATE: NIAGARA ATTACK

REASON: While Niagara technically has a junior team (actually out of St. Catherine's, Ontario rather than Niagara Falls itself) I think this would make the most sense for our Buffalo team. Both Buffalo and Niagara Falls are just seconds apart from one another, the arena that the Stampede would be located very close by and that is very good for affiliation. Scouts and team management alike would be able to keep a close eye on their up and coming talent without having to treck out to various other locations which could be hours and hours out of their way. I think Niagara as well deserves their own team seeing as the OHL IRL is technically cheating them out of having to drive about 40 mins away just to see their own team. As well, I like the idea a lot of having a team close by because it promotes the major league team just as much, they could put on a lot of events with their minor league affiliate and also hold a lot of close by get-together meetings where the major league and minor league club converse and so on, it is just really reliable and a great hockey market to move into.

WORDS: 221

For the Chicago Syndicate it seems from a branding perspective one must consider would the member of a syndicate originate from? Well the answer seems to already be present doesn't it? One cannot become a member if a criminal Syndicate without first being an outlaw. That is why I would present the motion of making the Anaheim Outlaws as an extension of the Chicago Syndicate. Already these 2 teams have an exemplary record of drafting and developing the finest the SHL has to offer formalizing the relationship just seems like a natural step. As far as who would manage and why? Well I can tell you from experience that the fine individuals are doing a sensational job . This past draft has been outstanding for the Outlaws and providing everyone stays active will be a solid draft class. This may seem like a what if but it has all the making of an incredibly symbiotic relationship. Go CHI, Go ANA!

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

08-03-2019, 01:37 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: If I were in charge of choosing a location for a minor league team for Hamilton it would be obvious to me. Not even 45 minutes up highway 6 from Hamilton is Guelph Ontario, my home town. Now why Guelph, you might be asking. Well first and foremost, its close, if you have a last minute emergency call up, they can get there in no time at all. Secondly, Guelph is a Hockey town. We already have an OHL team that has continuously pumped out elite caliber players for the past several decades, myself included, which means we also already have an arena that is an appropriate size for a minor league team to play in, located downtown. You may say "well if they have an OHL team thats already too much" to which I say, first, fuck you, second, Guelph is always looking for more hockey. Everyone and theyre mother is a part of a beer league here, weve had near knife fights just for first round playoff games, and Ive personally almost gotten in several fights just WATCHING games here. Not to mention Guelph (which is also a University town, and one of the fastest growing cities in Canada) already has an extensive history with Hamilton, when the Hamilton Tiger Cats of the CFL were building the Tim Hortons Place, they played at Guelphs Alumni Stadium, I also have to mention that because of Guelphs love of hockey, there is always ice availible for team practices. They could be called a whole slew of things, we could borrow the Guelph Gryphons, from the Uni, or we could go the Royal City (because thats what Guelph is actually called, the town is named after members of the royal family) and go with Royal City Rangers, or just the Guelph Royals, I personally like the idea of borrowing Gryphons from the Uni, but if that isnt possible I would just go with Royals. On that note, there are 3 people I would have managing the team, first and foremost, myself, Im from this city, I love this city, no one knows it like I do. Then I would have my best friend and team mate, Duck Moose @dmills3 and the god damn stats man himself Aaron Wilson @aaronwilson

Well I see how it is

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]