Create Account

S49 PT #1 - The Affiliate

A minor affiliate in Winnipeg is tough as there aren’t many large cities in Manitoba. But if I were to choose a city in Manitoba, by pure population alone I think the Winnipeg affiliate should be in Brandon, Manitoba. Being just down the highway It keeps the send downs close to home in case of call ups and could have a positive effect on the local economy. I would call them the Brandon Bombers as to fit in with the RCAF theme of t the Winnipeg Jets. There is a lot of good users who could take the job on the Jets but my vote for manager would probably be @StamkosFan. Always involved daily on Discord, Site etc. has been a part of the Jets for awhile and is always helpful to a teammate in need. Either @fever95 and @StadiumGambler are good choices to Co-Gm as they both are active and involved in the direction of the Jets. Especially with fever’s history with the Jets.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

NSFL

[Image: capybar22_600.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 08:04 PM by Waters.)

There is a very clear location for a Hamilton minor league team and that is Montreal, Canada. The biggest reason is there are currently no good Montreal teams in the SHL or SMJHL, and the fans need a change, with Montreal being such a fantastic hockey city. I think you have to call the team the Montreal Alouettes, as there are just no teams currently representing birds in the great city of Montreal. You could also call the team the Montreal Impact after the last franchise to have an SMJHL team in the city. The 3 people I'd hire to manage this team are of course myself, a Montreal expert and in fact one of the greatest men to ever come out of this small town, @Gooney, a gatineau native with a lot of fantastic knowledge to bring to the table as a Quebecer, and @Gwdjohnson, who would be cool i guess, not really much of a connection with Montreal though really, more of a yes man than anything else.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

[Image: carolinareaperspride.png?width=1433&height=904]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Just because the SHL is a far superior league to the NHL, I'd want the Minnesota Chiefs minor affiliate team to be in Iowa. The Minnesota Wilds has their AHL team playing their, Let’s do the same and prove our players pool is a lot better. I would call the team the Iowa Chiefs, I know creative right. I'd use a very similar logo to the actual SHL Chiefs with the same color palette. Jerseys can be change every 4-5 seasons for more money anyway no need to overthink the franchise's debut logo and jerseys.

I'd send the GOD of balls @mczehrlgodballz to take over the team and being their GM and coach. Since joining the Minnesota Chiefs, he did really well with what he had. The team was projected to be a bottom feeder but has them so far in a wild card spot. Sure, he's controversial but the man wants to be an SHL GM, what better way to get an opportunity by taking the Iowa Chiefs to the promise land.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Team Name: Fife Flyers

Arena: Fife Ice Arena

SHL Affiliate: New England Wolfpack

Description:
Fife Flyers is the oldest ice hockey club in the UK, first founded in 1938. They play an integral part to the community of Fife and have provided a major gateway for British players to get a foot into professional ice hockey. New England would love to honour their Scottish roots as well as gaining a step into the european markets, particularly the British market as not only would communication be easier as morst players there would speak english, but the UK is also an untapped market for hockey players, with potential diamonds in the roughs waiting to be found. To this end, @"Flareon4043" would be at the head of operations as GM, whilst @Lunatyck and @The__Y-man__100 would be coaching and scouting. This would be a huge opportunity not only for the Wolfpack to gain to players, but for the whole of the UK, putting them on the map as a top tier hockey location along side USA, Canda and Sweeden.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

So the Buffalo Stampede are kind the best team in the SHL so I think we need to own it and kind of become heels at the same time. So I think the best place would be Minnesota because really the state of Minnesota needs a good hockey team and a new minor league team can do that for them. It will be called the Twin City Tribe because you know those nickname teams and the names without plurals are all the rage right now. It would pay homage to the rich Native American heritage in the state that has been whitewashed. Now we need someone to take control of this team as general manager. We have a lot of experience here but I think a fresher face who has dabbled in management and is an eager beaver like @Mayuu would be a nice fit here. He can do live streams to really get the Tribe going and make sure they fulfill our goal of having the best team in Minnesota. And this way, we can really monitor if anyone tries to tamper with future Buffalo stars.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

The minor league team for the Tampa Bay Barracuda needs to be located in a place that makes complete sense for the team location-wise. It needs to be a place that isn't hard for players to be recalled from in the event of an emergency, but it should also be somewhere distant enough that the two teams aren't competing for a fan base and local revenue. For that reason, I have chosen to have the minor league team located in Montréal (that's in Canada). The team will be called the Montréal Fry (because they are baby fish, you see), but please do not confuse them for french fries because they are not good for poutine. It makes total sense for players to travel all the way from Quebec to Florida, and in order to promote the team, I think we'll have the SHL team play some games up there as well just for funsies. I will be holding auditions for the management of the team, because I think the most important thing for the job is to have a lot of charisma and a good stage presence.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

There are many potential fitting places for the affiliate team for the Chicago Syndicate, ranging from the long anticipated Uganda Unicorns, the ancient and legendary Copenhagen Pagans, or even just naming the Anaheim Outlaws their affiliate due to how many Chicago players are from there. In the end i decided that the most fitting location would be in Seoul due to the awesomeness of the Smebs in Chicago, the Smeb connection would easily draw plenty of fans to the games and it can server as a training ground for future Korean superstars (aka future Smebs). The team would be called the Seoul Hitmen so that it is similar to the Syndicate and is a throwback to the legendary Chicago Hitmen of the SMJHL that is no longer around. The team would be managed by the dynamic duo of @nykonax and @kit as they make a great team, hopefully the team goes better than their bot lanes.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

The Manhattan Rage would quickly look to Hartford for it's minor league affiliate. The city is looking for a reason to embrace a team once more, and hopes to one day own an SHL franchise of it's very own. The Hartford Crash would be a strong on ice contender and a short distance away from their major league team, which could attract fans from the area to check out the upcoming young talent, as well as make managing both teams much easier. The Rage would also look to host a few home games in Hartford at the minor league arena, drumming up business interest in both teams, as well as showcasing another amazing hockey city just waiting to bloom once again. A simple car or train ride is all that separates fans from a fun and unique hockey experience for both leagues, and could attract talent, eager for a large devoted fan base, and plenty of media attention.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 09:28 PM by Keygan.)

If there were an affiliate for the Edmonton Blizzard I reckon it would be in Medicine Hat, Alberta, and we would be known as the Mavericks, using a beautiful horse as the logo.

While Tommy and I are busy hoisting the reigns in Edmonton, we would send trusted personnel in to manage the Mavericks, the two people I would ask to take charge in Medicine would be young guns Julio Tokolosh and Marc Hagan respectively as they have taken major roles as players with the Blizzard, we believe while they are also young they can relate much better to the other players on the ice at any given time, being only a season or two removed from Juniors also gives them the unique perspective of knowing recent players who might be adequate to acquire in trades or even draft in future SHL drafts.

I trust them with the puck, it is only fair I trust them with the cheque book.

@Juliotokolosh
@CampinKiller

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

The New Orleans Specters have been researching where the best location would be for their new minor league affiliate should be located. After some thorough deliberation, the team management has decided that the New Orleans affiliate would be located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Baton Rouge is the closest major city to New Orleans, and makes the most sense for a nearby minor affiliate. The team name, sticking with the theme that the Specters have with an eerie mascot, the minor league affiliate would be named the Enigma. The logo would look similar to that of the Specters, but would instead follow a green color scheme with purple and white accents. None other than @Nictox would be sent down to head the new franchise, as he has spearheaded a minor league team successfully for the past few seasons. He is already a trusted member of the staff, so his experience in management would very much come in handy with the younger prospects.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

So with the league deciding that we need a new affiliate team I've decided that the best way to go is the Louisiana Spectres. I really feel like this captures the French heritage with the correct spelling and a new look with a darker purple and black to help keep the look going. They will play in New Orleans on nights the Specters aren't playing. Why I think this is a good idea? Look at how well the Barracuda are supported in the AHL while sharing a building with the Sharks. Similar branding helps the fans recognize the connection and hell if we can make money off the morons thinking they're watching the pros then more power and money to us. As far as managers go I think @Blastmeaway and @SlashACM can handle it. Together between them they bring a mountain of experience and would definitely lead the team to victory while still developing the players the Specters are counting on.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

My minor league affiliate would be called the Chicago Crush. The team colors would be similar to the soda crush, mostly orange and white. I picked Chicago because it is the greatest city in the world, and it is an up and coming hockey hot bed for great talent in the SHL. Chicago already has a SHL team and adding a minor league team will help generate more hockey revenue because it will allow some fans to spend less money and be able to see professional hockey. Not all families can afford to go to an SHL game. In charge of this team I would have myself and @SlashACM be the general managers of player relations and roster construction. I would have @Nictox be the coach; he has shown that he does a great job managing lines because he has been a great coach for the St. Louis Scarecrows and all of his former and present players all talk high regards about him.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 09:54 PM by Slappydoodle.)

The Calgary Dragons were in need of a minor league affiliate to train their young players and try out some new and innovative ideas before bringing them to the big club. This was to be a testing ground of fertile soil where ripe prospects and ideas could grow.

A search for the right home for this new club was instituted. It needed to be someplace not too terribly far away. It should be a good hockey market currently without a real, professional team. Many markets were considered. Most were dismissed for various reasons ranging from lack of facilities, poor infrastructure, no local source of good chicken parms and the like. Ultimately, only one place had everything Calgary was looking for in a minor league affiliate. This was an area starved for real hockey. A town very similar to Calgary in many ways, but without the quality hockey organization and winning traditions.

That is how the Calgary Dragons came to establish their minor league affiliate in Edmonton. There is now a fairly successful minor league hockey team there called the Blizzard who exist primarily to help the Dragons thrive and to provide a partner to practice against without mounting an actual challenge.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]