Create Account

Season 48 Vancouver Whalers Season Awards
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 01:58 PM by C9Van.)

Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Season 48 Vancouver Whalers award ceremony! It is with great pleasure that I, Jon Forty-One have been selected by the General Managers to host and present the awards for the Four Star Cup champions!

Yes, the team that never gave up all the way through the play-offs is having an awards show to give thanks to those who helped the franchise pull off winning the 10th title in the organisations history! So let us get this underway shall we!

The first award of tonight is: Regular Season Most Valuable Player. This award will go to the person who contributed the most during the regular season and was a shining light to all other Whalers.

The nominations are:

• Theo Morgan
  • Aaron Wilson
  • Kasperi Braulin
  • Cullen Gray

The winner is:

Kasperi Braulin!

Yes the best goalie currently in the Simulation Minor Junior Hockey League who broke regular season records that had been standing for many years has taken the first award! Rightfully deserved too! You never gave up even during a few rough patches during the regular season and were a major reason we ended up getting 4th! Congratulations!

For the next award we have the Most Likely to be Awarded a Huge Contract Award. Wait...I-is this a real award? Really? Okay. Well without delaying anymore...

The nominations are:
  • Aaron Wilson
  • Jax Duggan
  • Igor Volkov
  • Jan Zacha

The winner is:

Jax Duggan?!

What the hell? Why did he win it and not my boy Igor? What General bloody Manager would waste top dollar for this player I mean seriously?! What a stupid award. This is dumb we are moving the hell on...

Ah! Much better. The next award is the Fans' Player of the Season Award. The fans have been voting for the past week on social media for who they loved watching the most play for the Vancouver Whalers and everyone who played at least one minute was able to be voted for. So with an impressive 29% of the whole vote the winner of this award is...

Cullen Gray!

Yes, the man who finished with the joint most points in regular season at 43 points total and 17 points in the play-offs has won the fan favourite vote. Easy to do when you are banking points for fun all season long and the fans appreciate every single point he gave them.

Moving a long to the next award we have the ...”Most likely to get drafted in the 2nd round” Award.

Are you guys being god damn serious right now?! This is not fun! Stop laughing! Har-har Jon was the only Whaler not to go in the first round...Man just look at these nominations:

• Jon Forty-One
  • Jon Forty-One
  • Jon Forty-One
  • Jon Forty-One

So I guess you are giving me a joke awar—What the fuck!? Why is the winner Jean-Paul Boivin – Drafted 23rd place overall. You did not even nominate him!

(It should be noted he throws the award into the crowd where a few of the players and management are laughing hardest at him. He does not look happy.)

Screw you guys I am moving this onto a real award now. The next award is called the Players' Player of the Season award.

This award is given to the player that we the players of the team have voted for as the most helpful, positive, talented or overall just the best player on the team. You could not vote for yourself. Trust me, I tried. A lot. Anyway the nominations are as follows:

• Aaron Wilson
  • Dale Miller
  • Kasperi Braulin
  • Bobby Bobcalf

And the deserving winner by damn near a country mile with 75% of the major votes is...Your Captain of the Season 48 Vancouver Whalers, Aaron Wilson! This is going to the correct home because Aaron not only helped everyone when they needed it but kept going above and beyond for his Whalers team when he really did not need to whatsoever. Whoever is the season 49 captain will be a downgrade compared to you. Zero exception.

The next award is to recognise the defenders of the team. The backbone of the team. The players who relied heavily on Kasperi bailing them out. It is the Defensive Player of the Season award! Wait, should I not say that? Anyway, the nominations are the following:

• Jax Duggan
  • Igor Volkov
  • Kaspars Claude
  • Joe Ackroyd

The winning defending player is...

Igor Volkov!

My boy from the Minnesota Chiefs is bringing home the award! He finished with the most assists during the regular season and really showed off what a bright future he has in the Simulation Hockey League! Congratulations!

The opposite to that award is obviously the Offensive Player of the Season award! This is for those scoring boys who like to make it rain those sweet sweet points. Your nominees are:

• Theo Morgan
  • Cullen Gray
  • Aaron Wilson
  • Bobby Bobcalf

And in a surprising turns of events, the winner of this is none other than Bobby Bobcalf! Winning this award for never giving up in any game regardless of scoring and for being the only player to score a hat trick during the play-offs! So congratulations!

Ah, personally this next award is my favourite! It is the Player who got Carried to the Cup award! Not everyone pulled the weight whether it was in the regular season or play-off series. So this is a wake up call for these players to get better for season 49! The nominations are:

• Jon Forty-One for his opening half of the regular season...
  • Joln Dubolk
  • The Head Janitor for being 15 minutes late a handful of times
  • Karen from head office for using the work phone for personal reasons
  • Casimir Stevens

Look, I got better eventually! Anyway, the winning player is...The rookie Joln DuBolk!

I err...I will be honest, legit thought Karen would win this award. Kind of awkward now but congratulations?!

Speaking of the season 49 rookies. They managed to show off how good they could actually be going forwards to show that the upcoming future of the Vancouver Whalers is a bright future. So welcome to the Rookie of the Season Award! The nominees are:

• Jan Zacha
  • Mikas Bieksa
  • Artem Mozgov
  • Jean-Paul Boivin

The winner is...

Mikas Bieksa!

Congratulations to you Mikas! I remember assisting you for a couple of the goals you got. Every single one of you is going to be an importance piece of the puzzle for the upcoming season so be proud of your first season in the Simulation Hockey League!

The very next Vancouver Whaler award is the Most Improved Award. This highlights the player who showed the most improvement from the previous season. The nominations for this award are as follows:

• Bobby Bobcalf
  • Sami Reider
  • Jon Forty-one
  • Kaspars Claude

The winner of this award is...Wow! Only the most deserving player we have of this award! Me! Wow, thank you so much for recognising how great I truly am. This is a win for the little guy. The underdog and I plan on having a great 3rd season with this team as well! I would like to thank myself. I would now like to tell you a story about how I came to win this award. I-

Apparently I am being told to carry on instead of giving my deserved victory awards speech...So the very next award is to highlight one of the Vancouver Whalers who has arguably the biggest future a head of them. This is the Future SHL Star Award! The people nominated for this award is as follows:

• Jax Duggan
  • Aaron Wilson
  • Kasperi Braulin
  • Kaspars Claude

The winner of this is none other than Kaspars Claude. A well deserved winner for this as he works very hard and put up great numbers. It is hard to argue he will not be killing the major leagues soon enough!

The very next award is to celebrate the very best goal that we scored in this historic season. The Goal of the Season Award. To my knowledge this is the first to ever be awarded to a Vancouver Whaler. Every single goal was nominated for this award including the play-off goals, which as you can imagine added quite a large number to choose from and the winning goal is...

Jan Zacha's 2nd goal of the game in the regular season of game 137 vs the Kelowna Knights!

Congratulations to the rookie who scored quite the sexy goal! Hopefully he can score many more of this quality in the upcoming season!

The next award is one to recognise the most fashionable Whaler. In this Best Dressed Award! This was voted by the players and goes to the player who always dressed the best to impress. Fashion is apparently a big thing when not in your jersey.

The nominations for this weird award are:

• Artem Mozgov
  • Cullen Gray
  • Andy Kerr
  • Egor Kucherov
  • Joe Ackroyd

The winner is...The rookie Artem Mozgov! He continues the impressive claim the rookies are getting in these awards by always looking like one dapper mother fucker. If he was not a talented ice hockey player I would recommend he join the fashion police.

We are now onto the penultimate award of the night. This award goes to the deadliest shooter of the team. Someone who takes the chances that they get and prove how good they are at getting the puck in the back of the goal. The nominations for the Golden Goalscorer of the Season Award are:

• Theo Morgan
  • Aaron Wilson
  • Cullen Gray
  • Dale Miller

The winner of this award goes to...Theo Morgan!

The man who managed to score the most regular season goals for the Vancouver Whalers with 23 total goals and 3 game tying goals during the play-offs has finally claimed an award that he deserves. Congratulations Theo and good luck in the Simulation Hockey League. We are sad to lose you!

Lastly, we end the night with the Season 48 Play-offs Most Valuable Player. With many players this season breaking long standing records the quality of the winner made this award the must win of the night. Only the best of the best throughout all three of the play-off series were finalists and whilst every player was nominated we do have a top 5 finalists for this award. So who are these five play-off MVP contenders? They are:

• Kasperi Braulin
  • Aaron Wilson
  • Dale Miller
  • Jon Forty-One
  • Kaspars Claude

And the winner...Of Season 48's Most Valuable Player in the play-offs is...Da--...What the fuck...

The winner is none other than Jon Forty-One! Who not only was the best player in game 4 of the finals to help the Vancouver Whalers tie up the series but scored 9 whole points! The joint highest with that Dale guy or whoever he is. No, this is definitely mine. I am so proud to be able to call my the Most Valuable Player of this amazing team! Truly the honour is mine and the fans who support me now! I cannot wait to become the captain of the Season 49 Vancouver Whalers and continue to make myself a legend of this team! I would like to thank the other nominees for the small contribution they gave and even the little people who only added a few points. I think I--

(It should be noted at this point Dale Miller and Aaron Wilson both double spear him as hard as they can tanking him to the ground to grab the award from him but he refuses to let go. Nothing can really be made out what is actually being said but anarchy spreads and a few other players come up to the stand and this is how the awards ceremony anti-climatically ends.

Congratulations to all the winners and I cannot wait to do this again in season 49! Go Whalers!)

Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers

[This is 2025 words long roughly. x2 media. It is ready to be graded as well.]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Wow guys. Most Improved award AND the Season 48 Play-offs Most Valuable Player award!?

You guys are just too kind <3

Looking forward to the next season Smile

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I hope that one day i'm even half as great as you are.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Whalers

[Image: 5DmCeQe.jpg]

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Damn what a great team this was. And no awards for a great gm? Smh

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 03:22 PM by dmills3.)

08-05-2019, 03:17 PMluketd Wrote: Damn what a great team this was. And no awards for a great gm? Smh

Your award was getting a promotion :’(

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

Whalers niiiice, hahaha. thank you all! couldn't make it without you!

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Igor accepts his Defensive Player of the Season award.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)