Create Account

Max contract length
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 11:48 AM by Baelor Swift.)

08-06-2019, 11:41 AMTommySalami Wrote:
08-06-2019, 11:14 AMGrapehead Wrote: @Eggy216 can you delete this thread? it's trying to take advantage of children, and circumvent the cap, and tamper, and ... just shut it down for god's sake before someone gets hurt by this obvious power grab from the evil GMs.

I love when people fight against a rule that gives everyone more options and doesn't result in additional competitive advantage for anyone.

Except it limits options for new members. I will just come out and say it... If a player below 1000 TPE is sad they can't sign a minimum deal longer than three seasons then they are still learning how the SHL works and are naive and it is in the league's best interest to ensure they can't be locked into said contract early on. There is no difference to a player who signs two consecutive three season deals at $4 million per season and a player who signs a six season deal at $4 million per season. It is better to give members more time before they end up locked in a contract they regret that seemed perfectly agreeable at the time it was signed. Once a member reaches 1k TPE, they should have, at least 4ish seasons in the league and should be informed enough to sign a longer term deal (though I would argue that salary should even be scaled up with TPE and not locked into what the deal was at the time of signing but I think that's a separate issue from what is being discussed here).

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

08-06-2019, 11:31 AMBaelor Swift Wrote:
08-06-2019, 11:13 AMGrapehead Wrote: Well there are the players who came to me asking for 4, 5, or 6 season contracts, they lost out... and I can't think of a GM who tricked a naive player into signing a contract they later regret, can you give me a recent example? cause it's really shitty to imply GMs would do that.

How did they lose out? They can sign multiple deals

As a former GM, you never had a player approach you wanting to sign a long-term contract? I'm acknowledging that the length of the contract is sometimes important to the person, just as much as sometimes the dollar value is important to the person.

Let me try to start over, cause I feel like I've been rude and derailed my thread. The most recent player to make a comment about wanting a long contract would be in tier 3 on the minimum contract list, so that's why I was focused on that with my original proposal. When it was pointed out how significant the benefit would be to the team's budget, I scrapped my original proposal in favour of tommysalami's which would provide no savings to a team's budget. With that all being said, I understand that I was looking at this with a lot of bias from my own team, and it's not as clearly good an idea as I originally thought.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

the big brain move is to sign a one year extension followed by a 3 year extension after that

ez

seattle would have dms for longer if it wasnt 3 years smh

08-06-2019, 11:47 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Except it limits options for new members. I will just come out and say it... If a player below 1000 TPE is sad they can't sign a minimum deal longer than three seasons then they are still learning how the SHL works and are naive and it is in the league's best interest to ensure they can't be locked into said contract early on. There is no difference to a player who signs two consecutive three season deals at $4 million per season and a player who signs a six season deal at $4 million per season. It is better to give members more time before they end up locked in a contract they regret that seemed perfectly agreeable at the time it was signed. Once a member reaches 1k TPE, they should have, at least 4ish seasons in the league and should be informed enough to sign a longer term deal (though I would argue that salary should even be scaled up with TPE and not locked into what the deal was at the time of signing but I think that's a separate issue from what is being discussed here).

I don't understand how increasing choice for new players limits their options. A player has every right to say that they only want to sign for 1-3 seasons. I understand where you're coming from with protecting new players, but we shouldn't have to hold hands for a person who has spent 4 seasons on the site. (SMJHL + 3 ELC seasons).

A lot of people come to this site wanting to emulate an NHL career. A lot of NHL players walk out of their ELC with 5-8 year deals. If they want to do it, and do it do their team gains no advantage, I don't see why the shouldn't be able to.

The majority of the risk would be on GMs for making a deal like this. Imagine giving a 700 TPE guy 5m x 10 and he walked away from the site.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 01:02 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Should just change the entire system and make the contract money its own category that you can buy like equipment for or something. Some type of incentive to take more money to prevent people stacking minimum contracts.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

How many people are so desperate for a 10+ year contract that this is considered necessary?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

08-06-2019, 12:05 PMSamee Wrote: seattle would have dms for longer if it wasnt 3 years smh

this is 100% true. glad i dodged that bullet. Tongue

but for real thats all i kept asking for when i was a younger user. now that ive been around for 11 seasons im jaded and probably wont be taking a contract outside of a 1 or 2 year deal once the current NOLA management departs.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

08-06-2019, 01:16 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: How many people are so desperate for a 10+ year contract that this is considered necessary?

This might be a good time to add that I actually think a cap on term is necessary as well. 7 seasons or something like the NHL, even for the top TPE tier players.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

08-06-2019, 01:39 PMGrapehead Wrote:
08-06-2019, 01:16 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: How many people are so desperate for a 10+ year contract that this is considered necessary?

This might be a good time to add that I actually think a cap on term is necessary as well. 7 seasons or something like the NHL, even for the top TPE tier players.

I strongly agree with this. Many season deals may be great from the start, but shit happens in a locker room that might drive you out. not saying it will, just a possibility, as a player being stuck on a contract is the worst, especially when you want to leave.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

08-06-2019, 11:14 AMGrapehead Wrote: @Eggy216 can you delete this thread? it's trying to take advantage of children, and circumvent the cap, and tamper, and ... just shut it down for god's sake before someone gets hurt by this obvious power grab from the evil GMs.

[Image: source.gif]

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

every player within the SHL shall now be paid in neopoints henceforth

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

08-06-2019, 08:36 PMligma Wrote: every player within the SHL shall now be paid in neopoints henceforth

this seems like a pretty sensible compromise

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

08-06-2019, 09:00 PMcharlieconway Wrote:
08-06-2019, 08:36 PMligma Wrote: every player within the SHL shall now be paid in neopoints henceforth

this seems like a pretty sensible compromise

+78 NP. +1 blue negg

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]