Create Account

Cheese facts

Congratulations!  You have subscribed to Cheese Facts!  Now sit back and get your regular updates of dairy goodness. 

The most stolen food item in the world is cheese, with 4% of all cheese being sold end up stolen.  

I am not alone...

And for your cheesy joke of the day (see what I did there?):

What's Jay-Z's favorite cheese?

Brie-once.   Laughing

Stay tuned for more Cheese Facts delivered right to you!

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Just because it's nacho cheese doesn't mean it's stolen

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

subscribe

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

My home town made the front page of reddit because of cheese thieves.

Thank you for making it seem less weird now.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

inject this into my diabetes

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Subscribe

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Never been more proud of a draft pick

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Cheese question.

I don't like cheese myself, basically any sort... however I do like the cheese-onion chips from Lays.
Could you explain this?

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 09:34 AM by thiefofcheese. Edit Reason: formatting )

08-06-2019, 08:39 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote: Cheese question.

I don't like cheese myself, basically any sort...   however I do like the cheese-onion chips from Lays.
Could you explain this?

Well that's an interesting question.   But to answer it, we must first understand taste.

Much of what we call taste is actually flavor, a trait that has as much to do with smell and texture as it does with our taste buds. We are born with the ability to detect five types of taste – sweet, bitter, salty, sour, and umami (not to be confused with unagi) – though our individual sensitivity to each is determined largely by genetics. How we feel about a certain flavor, on the other hand, is much more up for grabs. In other words, you could be born with a higher-than-average sensitivity to the saltiness in, say, an everything bagel — but whether you’ll enjoy that saltiness also has to do with a mix of your past experience and cultural ideas about food.

There are four main ways we learn to like (or dislike) certain flavors. 
  • One is where we learn to form positive associations between the flavor of a given food and what that food does to our bodies. If you regularly snacked on cherry-flavored fruit roll-ups as a kid, for example, you may have learned over time to associate cherry with the burst of energy that comes from the sugar hit.
  • The next is where we associate a given flavor with one we already like. In one 2007 study college students reported enjoying the taste of plain crackers more after eating them with high-fat versus low-fat cream cheese. Or consider coffee: If you’re brand-new to the beverage, it’s probably going to be more palatable if you load it up with milk and sugar than if you leap right into drinking it black.
  • Then there’s social learning, or the idea that we simply like what our friends and parents like. This one can be a lifelong learning process, but it starts early: Our flavor preferences begin to take shape in utero and continue forming as soon as we’re born, as the foods a mother eats during and immediately after pregnancy make their way to her child through amniotic fluid and then breast milk. 
  • Finally, we have cheese.   Humans have been making cheese since before the dawn of recorded history.  All people like cheese.

So due to the above evidence, I have confirmed you are not human.   This then begs the question, what species are you?    I see you were drafted by the Raptors, however I do not believe the you are actually of the species V. mongoliensis nor V. osmolskae.  So I did some research across scholarly articles, scientific publications, and the dark web and after my exhaustive analysis I have deducted that you must be an alien.   There have been a number of recent sightings and I'm proud to break the news that we have the first video evidence available:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Note:  This will be published in the Scientific American journal

08-06-2019, 07:41 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: Never been more proud of a draft pick

And I have never been more proud to be your draft pick @SpartanGibbles 

Heart Heart Heart

Subscribe

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Subscribe

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Subscring to this. Going to include my favourite cheesy pick up line.

[Image: cheesey.jpg]

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

love this

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

What cheese goes best with crackers in your professional opinion

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]