SUB FUCKING SCRIBE

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

I like fire trucks and moster trucks

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

soft or hard cheese?

why is goat cheese superior to regular cheese as a topping?

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

08-06-2019, 11:41 AMluketd Wrote: What cheese goes best with crackers in your professional    opinion

So that very much depends on your cracker as well as your audience.   

At the end of the day - almost all cheese goes well with a simple water cracker as it is really just the vehicle for cheese delivery and adds a bit of a crunch texture.  If you try to go with a butter cracker or another cracker with more flavor I'd go with a tried and true sharp cheddar or a smoked gouda.  

Whenever creating a cheese plate for your finer guests, go with a variety as everyone has a different palate (see my earlier post).   Generally you want a variety of cheeses, but I'd always recommend at least a soft and a hard cheese.   Most people end up with Brie when serving a soft cheese, but I recommend you go a bit out of the box and try some others.  

My go-to with table cheese is 12 month Manchengo and recently had a delicious Midnight Moon cheese that I really enjoyed (like a gouda - see it here).   

I'm fortunate to live very close to a Wegmans market which has a massive selection of cheese that you can try.  I'd recommend you find a grocer that will allow you to sample some and I'm sure you'll find some types you've never considered but will be crowd favorites.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

08-06-2019, 01:43 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: soft or hard cheese?

why is goat cheese superior to regular cheese as a topping?

All cheese has a place, but I prefer semi-hard or hard cheeses.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that goat cheese is superior as a topping in all situations.   I'd argue mozzarella wins out when talking toppings just from the sheer quantity of pizza consumed.

That being said - cheese from goats does have some considerable benefits over cow milk.   Specifically it generally has lower lactose, is easier to digest, and is generally better for you.

Mondays cheese fact is out!

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=98883

i thought i heard something about Gouda cheese being vegan? Can you confirm this?

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

08-06-2019, 09:29 PMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote: i thought i heard something about Gouda cheese being vegan? Can you confirm this?

Get out

08-06-2019, 10:57 PMthiefofcheese Wrote:
08-06-2019, 09:29 PMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote: i thought i heard something about Gouda cheese being vegan? Can you confirm this?

Get out

Laughing

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]