Create Account

The JoeKast# 17!!

Come on and join me on this week's adventure as we talk SHL, smoking ribs, Bayley getting groomed, and various other fun stuff!!

Thanks to @Bonk, @SpartanGibbles, @ArGarBarGar, @Wasty, and @Toivo for this week's questions!

The JoeKast #17!!!

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

08-18-2019, 03:34 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Come on and join me on this week's adventure as we talk SHL, smoking ribs, Bayley getting groomed, and various other fun stuff!!

Thanks to @Bonk, @SpartanGibbles, @ArGarBarGar, @Wasty, and @Toivo for this week's questions!

The JoeKast #17!!!

Good stuff joe!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

You know I texted Bonk as soon as I heard you talking shit about his fantasy team. Gotta make sure he listens before you guys hang out, lol

The Bergen trade cost me a top three-ish fantasy season, I think. The Physt pairing is just a curb stomp after I'm down

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Yeah I probably underestimated how well McZ's player could do considering the minute cap that has been implemented. Wonder if he can consistently do that.

Also I am pretty annoyed that Minnesota decided to mortgage their future and then give him carte blanche to do whatever he wanted to save face afterwards.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

08-21-2019, 09:21 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Yeah I probably underestimated how well McZ's player could do considering the minute cap that has been implemented. Wonder if he can consistently do that.

Also I am pretty annoyed that Minnesota decided to mortgage their future and then give him carte blanche to do whatever he wanted to save face afterwards.

McZ doing McZ things.

I’m confident he was like “let me be the coach or I’ll go elsewhere”. They probably felt their hands were tied considering how badly they botched that trade/their future on it.

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019, 09:42 AM by Wasty.)

08-21-2019, 09:33 AMJKortesi81 Wrote:
08-21-2019, 09:21 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Yeah I probably underestimated how well McZ's player could do considering the minute cap that has been implemented. Wonder if he can consistently do that.

McZ doing McZ things.

I’m confident he was like “let me be the coach or I’ll go elsewhere”. They probably felt their hands were tied considering how badly they botched that trade/their future on it.

Any amount of scouting McZ would’ve drug up that he was going to do that, maybe even before the trade was made, probably was part of the trade talks lol, Minnesota probably just decided to say “we’ll be figurehead GMs and trade the future away and let McZ run the team,” in the shadows.

He’s done it in other stops in the SHL so why would Minnesota be different? It’s been known that when McZ is on a team where the GM is vigilant at keeping McZ out of team management he gets bored and forces his way out.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

08-21-2019, 09:42 AMWasty Wrote:
08-21-2019, 09:33 AMJKortesi81 Wrote: McZ doing McZ things.

Any amount of scouting McZ would’ve drug up that he was going to do that, maybe even before the trade was made, probably was part of the trade talks lol, Minnesota probably just decided to say “we’ll be figurehead GMs and trade the future away and let McZ run the team,” in the shadows.

He’s done it in other stops in the SHL so why would Minnesota be different? It’s been known that when McZ is on a team where the GM is vigilant at keeping McZ out of team management he gets bored and forces his way out.

That's fair too.

i think my view on that is skewed because when i drafted him to St. Louis he wasn't bugging me about lines or anything of that nature there. So i've personally never had that experience, and instead have had a different view that seems to be the outlier lol

Update Page
Player Page

08-21-2019, 12:31 PMJKortesi81 Wrote:
08-21-2019, 09:42 AMWasty Wrote: Any amount of scouting McZ would’ve drug up that he was going to do that, maybe even before the trade was made, probably was part of the trade talks lol, Minnesota probably just decided to say “we’ll be figurehead GMs and trade the future away and let McZ run the team,” in the shadows.

That's fair too.

i think my view on that is skewed because when i drafted him to St. Louis he wasn't bugging me about lines or anything of that nature there. So i've personally never had that experience, and instead have had a different view that seems to be the outlier lol

As someone in Minny ATM, I can chime in a bit haha. McZ doesn't have end all be all say in lines, and Shmurph and Leppy are not being figurehead gm's and giving him carte blanche with team moves. But the trade did come with the obvious knowledge that he wanted to have some input in team decisions and try and get his player to perform better.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

08-21-2019, 12:48 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
08-21-2019, 12:31 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: That's fair too.

As someone in Minny ATM, I can chime in a bit haha. McZ doesn't have end all be all say in lines, and Shmurph and Leppy are not being figurehead gm's and giving him carte blanche with team moves. But the trade did come with the obvious knowledge that he wanted to have some input in team decisions and try and get his player to perform better.

I hope that's the case.

When all i can see in the GM's forum is McZ doing regression and McZ constantly posting new lines, it looks different, at least with lines.

I'm not saying Shmurph/Leppish are figurehead GMs btw. For clarity.

Update Page
Player Page

08-21-2019, 04:42 PMJKortesi81 Wrote:
08-21-2019, 12:48 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: As someone in Minny ATM, I can chime in a bit haha. McZ doesn't have end all be all say in lines, and Shmurph and Leppy are not being figurehead gm's and giving him carte blanche with team moves. But the trade did come with the obvious knowledge that he wanted to have some input in team decisions and try and get his player to perform better.

I hope that's the case.

When all i can see in the GM's forum is McZ doing regression and McZ constantly posting new lines, it looks different, at least with lines.

I'm not saying Shmurph/Leppish are figurehead GMs btw. For clarity.

I can definitely see how it would look from the outside. As we all know McZ is always eager to have a role in management and I think its more a case of giving him tasks and a little free reign in some areas to help out.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]