Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Keeping It Up

Option 2: Identify a player or a team who was impressive on the ice in preseason who you think will be able to sustain this strong performance throughout the regular season. (25+ words and tag anyone involved)

Aleister Cain @SlashACM had 5 assists over 50 games, making him a literal playmaking god. I expect him to keep it up this season and maybe even get to 15 pts if he builds more chemistry with his linemates. It will be interesting to see if he can stay in the race for the scoring title

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I think Joseph Lombardi overperformed heavily in preseason, 6 goals and a 4.55 shot percentage is way above what he should perform. A deep dive in production is expected in the regular season. 2 games in and it is already showing. 3 assists in 2 games, 0 goals and 0.00 shot percentage seems very reasonable for Lombardi. @bluesfan55 Ily

[Image: knute.jpg]

Flacko Lagerfield is definitely this year's overperfomer in the preseason. The guy is an absolute dud, and anyone who expects him to be able to keep up 40+ points this year during the regular season is absolutely fucked in the head.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

Option 2:
Chicago had a great start in the preseason and was able to keep consistent. With their young players coming up to make a difference it should be a bright season in Chicago.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

My man Knox Booth (@Tate) will have no problems keeping up his performance from the preseason. He led the league in minutes played, and tied for the lead in shutouts. With an improved defense in front of him, look for big things from Booth this season.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

The Toronto North Stars over performed by quite a bit during the preseason. For a team that looks to be in rebuild mode and chasing high picks, I think they caught lightning in a bottle during the preseason and their success wont be duplicated.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

The Pride were like two different teams in the preseason, but they finished strong and I think they will be able to carry momentum into the regular season. The West is notoriously tough to win, but San Francisco has the tools to carry on their performance from the home stretch of the preseason, and charge into the playoffs for a 3rd season in a row.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

08-08-2019, 10:39 PMgoldenglutes Wrote:
Quote:Option 1: Identify a player or a team who overperformed on the ice in preseason who you think will have trouble keeping it up in the regular season. (25+ words and tag anyone involved)

Perry @"Flareon4043" Morgan definitely overperformed in the preseason. How else can you explain him having more points and having a better preseason that Guy Zheng? I'd expect his stats to revert back to the mean in the regular season.

I do expect Morgan to return to a flaccid, but girthy performance. It's a no-brainer, he's the brains of the operation, Zheng is the brawn. @goldenglutes @"Flareon4043"

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Option 1: Identify a player or a team who overperformed on the ice in preseason who you think will have trouble keeping it up in the regular season. (25+ words and tag anyone involved)

One player who definately won't match his numbers from preseason will be goaltender Reece Artois @duskyquack from the Texas Renegades. He played all 50 preseason games but likely won't see that many starts in the regular season, since the team still has Walter Hobbs @Jearim who is considered their starting goalie. Unfortunately Walter was out for the preseason with a broken finger.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2019, 07:23 AM by awils13.)

Quote:Option 2: Identify a player or a team who was impressive on the ice in preseason who you think will be able to sustain this strong performance throughout the regular season. (25+ words and tag anyone involved)

Robert Phelps finished preseason top 5 in scoring with 58 points and I think he will be able to keep it up. Hamilton is rebuilding and Phelps is by far our best player, and good players on bad teams tend to score more than they usually would.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Option 2

One guy who was impressive on the ice and will absolutely continue that into the regular season is Nicolaj Muller @esilverm from the St. Louis Scarecrows. Dude is an absolute unit who may end up being in the running for SMJHL MVP. Plus he's Swiss, so he's got that going for himself.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

If you look at San Francisco, you’ll see a top 6 forward who plays for them who absolutely killed it. Right winger Joseph Lombardi scored 6 goals on 89 shots and finished with 21 points. The guy’s a massive scrub and won’t pass 10 points this season.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I think it is obvious who overperformed in pre-season for the Vancouver Whalers and that was Jon Forty-One. Yes the captain only just made 38 points which is not a lot to begin with compared to some but no way a guy who went in the 2nd round could ever amount to anything otherwise that would mean the Simulation Hockey League General Managers messed up. So clearly he will flop when it matters most!

75+ words

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I nominate myself. Jonas performed awfully in the preseason, far below the standards he set for himself in season 48. If Jonas doesn't start getting it up for the regular season the Anchorage Armada might have to get their satisfaction elsewhere.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

I'd have to say that @drodger91 had a fantastic performance with the Chiefs in the preseason, leading his entire team in points and even surpassing the total of GOD McZehrl. Look to see him continue to dominate the league as move into the regular season.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia