Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Keeping It Up

Charlie Schieck came in with a strong pre-season performance and only stands to benefit from other players on his team turning around a slump. Multiple players seemed to be rusty during the preseason such as Jeff Brogen, and once players like him start scoring again, it will really help Schieck in his role as an offensive defenseman

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2019, 09:00 AM by Kalakar.)

The one player that sticks out on Tampa is definitely Flacko Lagerfield. He's good, but not 53 points in the preseason good. Sure he scored 66 points last season but that was an overrated Tampa team. This season should bring things back to normal, back to the basement normal.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

I've got a feeling that @ontanis will be able to keep up his strong preseason play when transitioning to the regular season. 30 points on the first defensive pair after some of Vancouver's defense got sent up to the SHL isn't nothing to scoff at.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

One of the strongest players in the smjhl is playe Mika Kandinsky. @Mika_Kandinsky while he didnt get 1st in points last season (he got 2nd which isnt too bad) he is one of the best on his team and he consistantly performs well and helps players on and off the ice.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Toronto vastly overperformed this preseason. They finished first in the eastern conference which shocked everyone. There is no way they can do that in the regular season especially with how much of a battle the east was last season.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Everyone knows STHS is :poop:, but let's take a look at Oisin Fletcher looking spry, few years into regression - I fully expect the same results in regular season, being put back in rightful place on 1st line with plenty of goal scoring prowess to complement rest of the line.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Backup goalie Lee Marshall @LGRW613 for the Buffalo Stampede overperformed easily more than anyone else this pre-season. He was only brought in midway through a few games, but in those games he posted a .963 save percentage and a 1.15 GAA. At 226 TPE you'd expect him to have been lit up out there but somehow he stood his ground.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

The North Stars absolutely overperformed in preaseson finishing on top of the east by the end. It's hard to not take preseason results with a grain of salt, but if that happened during the season I would be flabbergasted.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

08-08-2019, 11:14 PMBruins10 Wrote:
Quote:Option 1: Identify a player or a team who overperformed on the ice in preseason who you think will have trouble keeping it up in the regular season. (25+ words and tag anyone involved)

I feel bad talking about a single player and pointing him out and saying he underperformed but I guess it is somewhat of a compliment. If you look at the players, one name really stands out and that is Liam O"Callahan. He had only 16 points for a guy that is drafted almost every year and really high up in the fantasy.
@Dangles13 my bad broski. I think you will be fine in the season once the lines get all back together for Texas

I just suck tbh

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I think Detroit overperformed in the SMJHL preseason. While they've got a good roster, I don't think they're going to be putting up 70+ points in the regular season. They also had a crazy +47 goal differential that I don't think they'll be able to reproduce.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Option 2: Identify a player or a team who was impressive on the ice in preseason who you think will be able to sustain this strong performance throughout the regular season. (25+ words and tag anyone involved)

Max Mauldin dominated the preseason with 59 points and a +27. I feel that it will continue over to the regular season, now that he is over 1200 TPE, Mauldin is on the cusp of becoming a superstar.

@Wasty

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

@wumaduce's Derek Bohne put up a nasty 35 points which was the 2nd highest point total on the Raptors. He is going to get the opportunities to with the Raptors this season and will be relied on pretty heavily. I think he'll be able to produce at a similar rate.

Falcons Canada

Barrett Blackwood @MrStennett had a great pre-season.  Now that he has moved up to the top line with myself and Muller, I see no reason he will be able to repeat his pre-season success and even surpass it.  He's going to be a goal scoring machine on the right wing.  The defense will be trying to defend Muller and Kandinsky and what's that?!  They forgot about Blackwood streaking down the wing and finding that open ice.  He has the potential to be the top scorer in the J this season.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

I think the Calgary Dragons overperformed in the preseason. While I doubt they'll miss playoffs, I don't believe they'll be sitting atop the western conference at the end of the regular season. They have some nice pieces, but several of the other teams possess stronger depth and should perform better.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2019, 11:03 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Option 2: Identify a player or a team who was impressive on the ice in preseason who you think will be able to sustain this strong performance throughout the regular season. (25+ words and tag anyone involved)

2 players from the dragons who I expect to have big years and make the jump to the next level. 1st is Maxime Bouchard who got the news the night before opening day that he was promoted to the top line along side Shooter McGavin and the Augment. Bouchard’s been groomed to take Hunter Jones spot and that time is now.

Another player who will carry over there strong preseason play is Brennan Kennedy Jr. who has put a ton of work into his game during the offseason which culminated into a 25 point, 70 block preseason. I suspect those numbers can even improve as he and his Ken-X line-mate  Chico Smeb move into there 2nd season as a 2nd line defensive pairing unit and have now seen everything there opponents can throw at them.

@bk1689
@Weretarantula

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria