Create Account

S48 Awards Show
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2019, 12:52 AM by NJBadApple.)

Date: August 10th, 2019
Time: 3pm PST

Quote:TEAM AWARDS:
Four Star Cup Champions
Laurifer Trophy – best regular season record
Oriens Trophy – Eastern Champs
Occasus Trophy – Western Champs

INDIVIDUAL AWARDS:
Jared Hanson (scoring champ)
Roberto Martucci (goal leader)
Ronan O’Keefe (playoff scoring champ)

Zach Miller Trophy - Award Given To Most Dedicated Player
@esilverm – for his back end work with the development team, especially with the updating team creating a bot to streamline the process
@SDCore  –SHL HO + top earner from his draft
@Whikadoodle – beautiful media breaking down his draft class

Ron Bolt Trophy - Award Given To Most Sportsmanlike
Gunnar Soderberg  Knights  Raptors
Knute Knurtsson  Raptors
Esa Parmborg  raiders
Josef Novotny  Knights
Cody  raiders

Vyacheslav Onoprienko Trophy- Award given to the most underrated
Julio Tokolosh  Raptors
Olivier Cloutier  Armada
Ravyn Tedisko  Militia

Mathias Chouinard Award - Award Given To Top GM
Scarecrows  @TML99 & @Nictox  Scarecrows
Whalers  @luketd & @Infid3l  Whalers
Falcons  @notorioustig & @nour  Falcons

Brandon Holmes Trophy - Award Given To Top Defensive Forward
Ravyn Tedisko  Militia
Ja’Aj Coitus-Wagg  Raptors
Atlas Rush  raiders

Quilha Agante Trophy - Award Given To Top Defenseman
Tony Ford  Armada
Corey Kennedy  Outlaws
Jules Watt  Raptors

Esa Anrikkanen Trophy - Award given to Top Rookie
Jagger Fouquette  Falcons
Hugh Jazz  Militia
Nicklaus Engel  Knights
Cody  raiders

Tom Corcoran Trophy - Award Given To Top Goalie
Kasperi Braulin  Whalers
Tibuk Soonika  Outlaws

Brodie Witzel Trophy - Playoffs MVP
Tibuk Soonika  Outlaws
Kaspars Claude  Whalers
Aaron Wilson  Whalers

Ideen Fallah Trophy - Award Given To MVP as Voted By Award Committee
Kasperi Braulin Whalers
Boruvka Banananak Lions
Nikolaj Muller  Scarecrows
Mika Kandinsky  Scarecrows

Raymond Lindsay (MVP voted by players)
Jules Watt Raptors
Tibuk Soonika Outlaws
Kasperi Braulin Whalers
Nicolaj Muller Scarecrows
Esa Parmborg raiders

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Get hyped!

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2019, 12:22 AM by NJBadApple.)

[Image: CK.jpg]

Our first pre-show interview is from someone we look forward to seeing every day... quite literally.

@CampinKiller !!!
(SMJHL SIMMER)

You're a busy man, thanks for talking with us!  Obviously you're the head simmer for SMJHL & there's a lot of responsibility / dedication required.  What's your favorite part of the job?

Quote:My favorite part of the job is watching everyone get to see the results of the sim. As simmer, you get to play an integral role in the main reason everyone plays SHL - the sims, seeing their player and their team perform and try to win. It's pretty fun seeing all of that happen

A long line of simmers have come before you, who do you think did the best job before you took the job?

Quote:I'd sayJR did the best job

If you could tell anything to prospective GM's & your eventual replacement, what would that be?

Quote:To prospective GMs: Use the client file! Makes things so much easier, less likely for there to be mistakes. And also to accept that mistakes will happen with STHS and the simmer, so try not to jump on them. To the next simmer: Don't fret mistakes, because they will happen, just make sure you have clear communication with every GM. Don't do things without HO/ALL GMs approving it, because the last thing you want to do is cause a problem due to a GM not agreeing.

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Quote:A hotdog is not a sandwich, and anyone who dares suggest it is should be taken out back.

Anything you want to say to the newer member from the recent Reddit draft?

Quote:Don't burn yourself out, have fun, enjoy yourself, but at the end of the day, it's a game, so try not to take things too seriously, or get down if you're not playing well/team isn't doing well

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Oh, I didn't expect this. It's an honor to be nominated! However, if I had a vote, @esilverm deserves it by a mile. The work done by the development team helps everyone in a positive way, and is often a thankless job.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2019, 11:31 AM by NJBadApple.)

[Image: wic.jpg]

The second pre-show interview is with one of the newest hirings out of HO:

@Winter is Coming
(SMJHL COMMISH)

Thanks for taking time to chat with us!  You've recently taken over as SMJHL Commissioner, what's the greatest part about the job so far?

Quote:I’d say that the best part of the job so far has been working with my team in the SMJHL HO. I was working with them shortly before I got the promotion as a member of the HO, so I already knew how great they are. I’m glad to see that nothing has really changed since getting the promotion, and I feel secure knowing that I have a great team working alongside me. A  commissioner can only be as good as the support team he has working alongside them.

What, in your eyes, is the biggest problem facing the SMJHL today?

Quote:The biggest issue in my eyes is how we keep members engaged when they are down here for three or four seasons. Once you hit the TPE cap, there is sometimes a lacking in incentive to keep improving your player. The SMJHL HO and I are looking at this issue quite seriously, and fully expect a change in place for next season to address this concern.

The recent Reddit draft was over 120 people, it's going to be a huge fight for awards the next couple seasons.  Any standouts for you?

Quote:I don’t want to name specific people in order to maintain an impartial and fair view of all first generation players, but if you look hard enough, it’s quite easy to tell as to who some of the standouts have been so far. I’m very happy and impressed with the group of Reddit members we recruited for this draft class.

Anything you want to say to the newer members?

Quote:Just keep at it, but most importantly, don’t burn yourself out too fast and have fun. There’s no rush or ultimate end-goal in this league. Just try and be a decent person, stay active, and you’ll not only find success in the league, but you’ll make some awesome long-term friends along the way.

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

SMJHL Awards Show goes Live at 3pm PST

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

[Image: esil.jpg]

Next up, we have one of the favorites to walk away with a lot of hardware this evening:

Nikolaj Muller!!
( @esilverm )
St. Louis Forward

Thanks for stopping to talk! You had a monster season & likely a favorite to win multiple awards; any other players you want to recognize?

Quote:Of course! My season was great and all, but I seriously couldn’t have done it without my friend, alternate captain, and awesome linemate Mika Kandinsky. This guy broke not one, but two Scarecrows records in one season (one of which I broke a little bit more), and helped me lead an already great team to a 2nd Laurifer Trophy in a row. I don’t know if i could’ve scored the amount of points I did without him.

You've been around for a long time, any advice to the rookies just entering their first SMJHL season?

Quote:Your rookie season will be the hardest in terms of actually getting points. It may be discouraging to see yourself not appear much on the stat sheet, but if you keep working at your build and continue to stay active you will be at the top of the league standings in no time! Also put all your TPE into Defense.

What's been one of your favorite moments since joining the league?

Quote:One of the best moments since I have joined was being named the Captain of the St Louis Scarecrows. Being able to take over a high leadership role on the Crows from Michael Fuzz has truly been an honor for me so far. I look forward to passing the torch once I move up to the SHL.

If you had to listen to one song on repeat forever, what song would that be?

Quote:Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson

Any parting words for the people watching?

Quote:Can I get a “Very cool boys Cheers”?

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2019, 04:49 PM by C9Van. Edit Reason: Needed to be said kids )

Disgusting...

I'd do a Jon41 revenge list for minors as well but 50% of teams are too garbage to remember and the other 50% I've already beaten so. Hopefully next season the awards committee watch the games or go to optician.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Very cool boys ?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

[Image: ace.jpg]

Our final pre-show interview showcases one of the top GM's in the SHL:

@Ace !!
New England Wolfpack GM

Thanks for taking time to answer some questions! You're a STL alumni, any personal favorites on their current team?

Quote:Right now, I'd have to say I'm quite fond of Noah Brusky. Real sharp guy and deserves where he ended up in the draft. He's got a tremendous future ahead of him. I'm also quite fond of our draft selection, Jakub Bruchevski.

What are some glaring differences between the SMJHL and GM, from a player perspective?

Quote:The SHL and SMJHL are different beasts entirely. In the SMJHL you have a lot more room out there on the ice to be creative and make plays happen, and at the SHL level that time and space dries up real quick. You have to always be thinking of what you want to do before you even do it.

Many new users fall off after both (SMJHL/SHL) drafts. Any advice for newer members to prevent that from happening?

Quote:Find a group of friends and make it fun. If the SHL is a chore, you won't ever become a star. Do it for your team and your friends, not yourself.

Would you rather fight 20 duck-sized horses, or 1 horse-sized duck?

Quote:Definitely 20 duck sized horses, a horse-sized duck sounds terrifying.

Anything you want to say to the people watching at home?

Quote:Congratulations to all the nominees and we'll see you all in the SHL!

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Welcome to the S48 SMJHL Awards Show

[Image: awards1.jpg]

Awards will begin promptly in 10 minutes

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Thank you everyone for tuning in! Not going to waste any time here, so let's jump right into it. First off, the team awards you already know the winners to!

Four Star Cup Champion
Vancouver Whalers Whalers

Oriens Trophy – Eastern Champs
Anaheim Outlaws Outlaws

Occasus Trophy – Western Champs
Vancouver Whalers Whalers

Laurifer Trophy – best regular season record
St. Louis Scarecrows (33-14-3) Scarecrows

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER