Create Account

S48 Awards Show

WOO CONGRATS ALL OF THE WHALERS. TERRIFIC SEASON AND GREAT FOUR STAR CUP

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Congrats to all the winners~!! Thanks to all for voting me for Defensemen of the year!

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Congrats @aaronwilson we both know i deserve the award Wink

Joking man, well deserved. If there is one person i wouldnt mind losing out an award to its def the way you performed and a whaler

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

08-10-2019, 06:19 PMNJBadApple Wrote:
And the award goes to...

[Image: selke.jpg]

Atlas Rush!!  raiders
Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient

It is an absolute honour to receive this award! It means a lot after the hours I put into developing my defensive game. A truly underrated aspect of this great game!

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

apparently finishing 2nd in the league after losing half their team to call ups isn’t enough for dangles and gibbles to earn a GMoty nom Hmm

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

08-10-2019, 08:33 PMBDonini Wrote: apparently finishing 2nd in the league after losing half their team to call ups isn’t enough for dangles and gibbles to earn a GMoty nom Hmm

...I was about to ask where their nomination was, actually. Though I imagine they didn't want two people to win like back to back?

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

08-10-2019, 06:26 PMNJBadApple Wrote:
With the only unanimous decision in the awards this season...

[Image: vezina.jpg]

Kasperi Braulin!!  Whalers
Tom Corcoran Trophy Recipient

Congrats!

This actually isn't true! Kennedy was unanimous 1st place for the Agante, though Watt, Kennedy, and Ford were top 3 on every ballot! Crazy stuff.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

08-10-2019, 09:37 PMThunfish Wrote:
08-10-2019, 08:33 PMBDonini Wrote: apparently finishing 2nd in the league after losing half their team to call ups isn’t enough for dangles and gibbles to earn a GMoty nom Hmm

...I was about to ask where their nomination was, actually. Though I imagine they didn't want two people to win like back to back?

This is actually an interesting one! ANA (5) appeared on more ballots than DET (3), but DET was voted 1st or 2nd place on every ballot they appeared on, versus mostly 3rd place votes for ANA. The voting totals were pretty close (5 points for 1st, 3 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd):

STL: 25
VAN: 15
DET: 11
ANA: 9

There's an argument I could have named 4 finalists, but I chose to stick to three for this one. Dangles and Gibbles did a wonderful job, and definitely deserve some attention and respect!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Wouldn't look into it. The awards committee just throw darts at a dart board full of players at best.

Duck Moose and Jon 41 both finished 1 point behind Aaron in play-offs and had a better series overall point wise than him in the finals vs Outlaws and yet they still decided to only nominate 3 people for the award when they could have put in a 4th or 5th. 

I am not saying the wrong person won, Aaron was god tier all season but nominations mean a lot.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

08-10-2019, 11:15 PMhhh81 Wrote:
08-10-2019, 09:37 PMThunfish Wrote: ...I was about to ask where their nomination was, actually. Though I imagine they didn't want two people to win like back to back?

This is actually an interesting one! ANA (5) appeared on more ballots than DET (3), but DET was voted 1st or 2nd place on every ballot they appeared on, versus mostly 3rd place votes for ANA. The voting totals were pretty close (5 points for 1st, 3 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd):

STL: 25
VAN: 15
DET: 11
ANA: 9

There's an argument I could have named 4 finalists, but I chose to stick to three for this one. Dangles and Gibbles did a wonderful job, and definitely deserve some attention and respect!

Yeah, on hindsight, it'd make sense if there were 4 instead of only 3. Thanks for the explanation!

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

congrats @TheFlash and @aaronwilson on the awards! well deserved. also, congrats to all other nominees and winners.

also, @NJBadApple awesome awards show, would like to see these things get more attention!

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Thanks to the Award committee on the Ron Bolt Award!

Congrats to all the other Award winners!

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

08-11-2019, 09:18 AMC9Van Wrote:

Wouldn't look into it. The awards committee just throw darts at a dart board full of players at best.

Duck Moose and Jon 41 both finished 1 point behind Aaron in play-offs and had a better series overall point wise than him in the finals vs Outlaws and yet they still decided to only nominate 3 people for the award when they could have put in a 4th or 5th. 

I am not saying the wrong person won, Aaron was god tier all season but nominations mean a lot.

This was my call and my call alone on the finalists. I took groupings based on how our ballots played out to decide finalists for each award--there's no perfect answer to why some awards got 3 and other 4-5 finalists.

On the Witzel, it was unanimous for Wilson (35-7-6-4-4-3-2-1) for vote totals. I made a judgement call to cut it at the top three, but pretty much all of the people nominated deserved some recognition.

FWIW, you got a few votes for most underrated after our revote (we originally had 7 different people with first place votes and 17 total nominations), but we couldn't have 7-8 finalists, so I chose a cut off point based on where there was separation.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors