Create Account

Hiring: Hot Potato Reporters

Hot Potato Trophy - Reporters Needed

First off, if you're unfamiliar with the Hot Potato Trophy, here is the original idea. The index in that post links to all the SHL S48 reports I created to track the progress of the Hot Potato.

After a season of reporting (and enough money to get by now that I have updating pay coming in), I'm beginning to find the self-assigned job of reporting the Hot Potato tedious. However, I don't want the idea to die out because it's just fun! That's why I thought I'd open up the reporting to select people who will write the reports and collect the graded article money themselves for their work. I'll continue to organize the tracking and I will also schedule writers for each sim, but I will likely take a background role with writing the articles themselves to allow those selected to have creative freedoms and to publish their articles for money. I'm hoping this will provide a good opportunity for some people to pad their bank accounts by providing a pre-established format and a starting theme to get the creative juices flowing.

A Hot Potato reporter is expected to, for the most part, publish a report on their assigned day's sim on the same day. That's why it'd be very helpful to know in your application what days work best for you to commit to this so I can put together a solid schedule for the reports to get published in a timely manner. I will have the season's schedule created and each assignment will be approved by the assignee so we both know you can commit to the days. The reporters will also likely be focused on a particular league so they can build whatever fun stories/narratives they want around the same Hot Potato. The more fun that is had with this, the better!

I plan to have Hot Potato events for both the SMJHL and SHL leagues, which by my guess will need ~4-6 reporters to start with. I must also let you know I'll likely have a bias towards SMJHL members for the SMJHL Hot Potato reporters.

Below is the application. Copy it and PM it to me with your answers.

Please have applications in ASAP, no later than Sunday, August 11th @ 12 pm EST

Code:
1. On average, two Hot Potato reports need to go out each day. What is your activity level on the site and on discord? What days work better for you? What days don't work for you?

2. With writers available to share the reporting load (to avoid burnout, I will do my best to schedule no consecutive days of reporting unless requested), I'd expect reports to get out the same day as the simulation. If assigned an agreed-upon day for writing the report, would you be able to handle this?

3. Do you have any ideas for creative narratives regarding the Potato that could make the report more fun for the writer and the readers? Any ideas for additional awards?

4. Do you have any examples of your writing style (perhaps past articles on the site)?

5. Is your player in the SMJHL or SHL? If in the SMJHL, how long do you anticipate being a send-down?

6. Is there any additional information you would like me to know or that you believe would be beneficial to your application?

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget