Create Account

What have been some of the biggest moments involving IFAs in the playoffs?

I've heard stories that West Kendall had an IFA score during one of their Cup wins in the mid-S40s, and I heard that before Cleo Green became the San Fran Pride legend we all know and love today, Cleo scored a goal that pissed off @Tomen something fierce in some international tournament.

Have there been other moments of the random sub-300 IFA roster filler guys (or even some rookie IFA filler in the J) having a surprise impact on a playoff game?

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

John Wick S34 Rage - 4th line IFA was 2nd star in a game, incl. GWG

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

These kinds of stories would make for a great podcast. Kind of like The Dollop but about SHL history instead.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

Chuck Goody III had 2 goals in the entire S47 SMJHL playoffs...the game winner of Anaheim's first ever win in the finals and the game winner to force game 7 in the finals

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

I think in the SMJHL a team (Mammoths, Knights, can't remember) one season was down 0-3 in a series. They benched their starter 350 tpe goalie for an inactive 150-200 tpe goalie, came back and won

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Sami Reider (Rieder? I dunno) got the GWG in game 7 of Whalers vs Outlaws this season just finished. Pretty sure he is inactive. Truth be told I did not know he was still on the team when he scored but I'll take it.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

08-11-2019, 09:05 PMC9Van Wrote: Sami Reider (Rieder? I dunno) got the GWG in game 7 of Whalers vs Outlaws this season just finished. Pretty sure he is inactive. Truth be told I did not know he was still on the team when he scored but I'll take it.

Sami is an inactive capped player so that's not very surprising.
On the other hand, 192 tpe Filip Jedlicka scoring the GWG in an elimination game in S47 was pretty funny.
He was healthy scratched the game before and wasn't listed on any line in this game.
8 GP, 1.50 AMG, 1 shot, 1 GWG, +1, 1 first star

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

08-12-2019, 09:28 AMaaronwilson Wrote:
08-11-2019, 09:05 PMC9Van Wrote: Sami Reider (Rieder? I dunno) got the GWG in game 7 of Whalers vs Outlaws this season just finished. Pretty sure he is inactive. Truth be told I did not know he was still on the team when he scored but I'll take it.

Sami is an inactive capped player so that's not very surprising.
On the other hand, 192 tpe Filip Jedlicka scoring the GWG in an elimination game in S47 was pretty funny.
He was healthy scratched the game before and wasn't listed on any line in this game.
8 GP, 1.50 AMG, 1 shot, 1 GWG, +1, 1 first star

Hey I was about to post this. He was supposed to be scratched in general (thanks to you) but I fucked up so there we have it

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

IFA goalie Jeremy Anderson reverse swept Montreal

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Always love telling this Story, it's not about an IFA but a regular inactive: Goalie Fabian Fuhrberg carrying the LA Panthers to their last Cup to Date and winning Playoff MVP as an inactive with about 400 TPE or so.

08-11-2019, 07:22 PMBDonini Wrote: Chuck Goody III had 2 goals in the entire S47 SMJHL playoffs...the game winner of Anaheim's first ever win in the finals and the game winner to force game 7 in the finals

I think you mean The Playoff God. For a 180ish tpe forward he performed really well in the playoffs

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Half of the S44 Meme Dream Team Colorado Raptors squad were IFAs. I think we got some clutch goals from esteemed names like Kjell Spolander, Xavier Cross (Game winning goal in Game 7 against Detroit), and Veikka Toivanen

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

08-12-2019, 09:45 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Always love telling this Story, it's not about an IFA but a regular inactive: Goalie Fabian Fuhrberg carrying the LA Panthers to their last Cup to Date and winning Playoff MVP as an inactive with about 400 TPE or so.
I actually think he was sub 300 at that time

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

08-12-2019, 09:45 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Always love telling this Story, it's not about an IFA but a regular inactive: Goalie Fabian Fuhrberg carrying the LA Panthers to their last Cup to Date and winning Playoff MVP as an inactive with about 400 TPE or so.

lmao wut

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

08-12-2019, 09:33 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: IFA goalie Jeremy Anderson reverse swept Montreal

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: lebbish.gif]