Create Account

S49 PT #2 - Before the Fame

Before electing to take part in the SHL draft, top prospect and first round pick from the Edmonton Blizzard Khabib Nurmagomedov had completely different career life aspirations. Absolutely nothing related to hockey. Khabib Nurmagomedov was a household name for the UFC and a part time fighter for the brand. The UFC taught Khabib how to persevere and get more accustomed to the English language. Khabib fought 27 fights and won 27 fights. It was simply not a challenge for him anymore. Khabib has now ended his part time UFC career for the time being with a big win over Conor Mcgregor using a neck crank. There is no saying that Khabib's UFC career is over as it is rumoured that he is due for a come back fight any time now. For now however, Khabib has put his UFC career on hold for a bit as he focuses on his SHL dreams and aspirations and is currently competing for the Detroit Falcons hockey team.

[Image: KIHXpPg.png]
[Image: det.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]

Before eko van otter strapped on the skates for the Armada for the first time, he was a relatively unknown hockey prospect who picked up odd jobs here and there throughout high school. The most impactful of these was as a quality control inspector at a BBQ sauce factory. He would sit his lil butt at the end of a line and every batch would get taste tested by squirting a little drop of each container of sauce right at EVO's face. He sat there all day and lapped it up, one tiny drop at a time, every six seconds, for two hours at a time. He recapped this time of his life for the high schoolers at Dick Long High School in Danbury, CT, telling them that working this job really benefitted his accuracy and patience, skills that he took with him onto the ice. If you can catch hundreds of tiny squirts of barbecue sauce on your tongue for hours on end, you can wait for the precise moment to send a perfect dish over to Tigole Bitties for a slapshot.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Before hockey it was just about doing anything to make a little extra money when I was in high school. I distinctly working at a local grocery store, slicing up cold cuts and grating cheese for customers. That job was wild, the amount of people that would visit and the constant amount of yelling and fighting between clients made it a mad house.

It was a blast though. Have you ever seen two people in their 70s arguing about who got the last bag of potatoes first? I’ve seen people hit each other with their shopping carts. I’ve witnessed someone hit 7 parked cars in the parking lot and then speed off. Or even a chase down between a customer stealing something and a manager which ended with the customer hitting the manager with their car to escape.

So while the job itself was not the greatest, not only did it provide additional cash for me when I was younger, but it sure as hell provided its fair share of entertainment. There was never a dull moment working there. Did I learn anything from the job? Absolutely: Old people will do anything to save a couple dollars, even if it means getting in to a fight, breaking a hip, or partaking in a hit and run. Did it impact my hockey career? No, but it sure as hell brings great stories for the guys.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Before coming into the league bounced around from job to job trying to keep a steady job. First Vent was a dishwasher working at a pancake place. He had to get up early morning and work late into the afternoon washing and cleaning the kitchen supplies. This taught Vent to try and find smarter ways to try and get tasks done efficiently.  Vent was able to begin thinking quickly on his feet while faced with a lot going on at once. This helped Vent on the ice read offences coming into the zone quickly. Vent’s next job brought him to a delivery service for delivering furniture and grills to houses. Vent had to build some of the furniture and the grills before having to haul them up very narrow staircases to second or third floor decks.  This taught Vent to work on his communication skills and teamwork. Vent had to communicate to his partner about how to move furniture up the stairs and into the house efficiently without damaging the walls or the furniture being delivered.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Before Geezus Kryyst was a star SHL Goalie, he was mostly a wanderer. The story of his birth is quite miraculous, as his mother claims to have been a virgin at the time he was conceived. Geezus always suspected she was lying, but never had the nerve to ask about it. After a relatively normal childhood, Geezus wandered spreading his message to all who would listen. He started a gang with other likeminded individuals. The Kryyst gang would go from town to town trying to spread their message and convert followers to their cult. After finding a modicum of success, the Kryyst gang instead changed their goals to music. They were able to find a little success, but really they kinda sucked. That was when Kryyst discovered hockey and his true passion was realized. It was a long journey to the SHL, but he was in pretty decent shape after all the wandering.

Words: 153

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

PBE PT

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Before Nicholas Williams was seen wearing purple on the ice, he was a sign waver for Little Ceasers. You could catch him on the side of the road spinning that very recognizable five dollar hot n ready sign trying to get passersby to come get a pizza, or crazy bread. He would work 16 hours a week to save up to buy new equipment. So what does he have to say to all the young people in the audience? Work hard. You will get the things you need either by being fortunate or by working hard to earn them. Working towards something always feels more satisfactory in way. Work hard kids. Grind it out and earn something yourself. That is how you teach yourself to not only be a better person but how to be a hard worker. I take the lessons I learned from all that hard work and apply it to what I do on and off the ice.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

Akashi SixNine used to be a world renowed bowler before his time in the SHL, in fact, he even was part of the local bowling club in his hometown Calgary. SixNine was not a very good bowler, nor could he even get a strike, but his mass strength with the ball was good enough to knock 9/10 pins down consistently, no matter where he threw it. The sheer lack of skills present in his game was something that astonished those around him.

When travelling back to his local high school to talk about his move to stardom as one of the top defenseman on the Hamilton Steelhawks, SixNine talked about life living in sunny Tampa Bay, and then about the steel city itself. He said he would give nothing to return back to his old life, he was much more content being a professional hockey player, and bowling was just a hobby he wished would have died off..

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 08:44 PM by bilbo.)

Before Dom Montgomery was paid to play hockey professionally in the SMJHL and SHL, he got most of his cash from odd summer and fall jobs in Michigan. The summer he turned 13, he got paid to deliver food in his inflatable dinghy to sailors outside of the harbor his parents had their boat in, sometimes getting some of their food as well. He also got paid a little to help clean up boats, though he did a worse job at this, so that request didn't come around as often. In the fall, he went around raking leaves for $20 a yard, and between him and his friend, they came up with $100 in just a couple hours. Shoveling snow was just in occasional job, but since hockey and school took up most of his time in later fall through winter, it was mainly the other two jobs that gave him some money throughout the year until he joined the SMJHL.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Before my (future) SHL and (current) SMJHL fame, I held multiple jobs. 
My first job was at a skate rink as a skate guard. This was perfect, as I was at the rink for practice anyway. It was great to basically never leave the rink after school and on the weekends. It also sucked because I had to clean out locker rooms, bathrooms, common areas, etc. This was when I first realized that women's bathrooms have an extra trash can in their bathroom stalls that had to be emptied - GROSS.
The best part of the job was actually skating around and patrolling during open skate/ice sessions. During "teen night," all the high schoolers would be out skating the rink. This was when middle school aged Ja'Aj would skate circles around the guys, and teach the hot older chicks how to skate - this turned me into the Casanova that I am today.

It has been my pleasure to get the opportunity to visit Tarasov High and meet some of Oliver Klozoff @Alex Mack classmates from before he was signed to the SMJHL. I have meet everyone one from his first kiss to the bully who used to steal his borscht at lunch.and even his grade 9 Gym teacher, Mrs. Orgasmonov, it's easy to see why he kept playing dead in hopes of some mouth to mouth. He tried everything and then some to get her under the covers but to no avail.

One thing was clear about Klozoff from every person I spoke to, he is a smooth son of a bitch! The man can slip, slide and fly past anyone on or off the ice. It's no wonder Calgary had their scouts all over Dikson Russia leading up to the S46 draft. The kid is so smooth, that, that Mrs.Orgasmonov is rumored to be pregnant with his twins!

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Well, Nick’s first job was at 18 years old. He was a janitor at a prestigious college in Boston and actually was almost fired because he was so intelligent. He’d roam the hallways after classes were out and solve equations that no one else could. He went on to study mathematics with a world renowned professor while attending therapy sessions to help his deep rooted psychological issues. This was all before he turned 19. After he hit 19, he decided to call it quits on the whole math thing. He decided to form a ruthless band of bank robbers of which he became the leader. After a few run ins with the law and making enough from the robberies to live comfortably for the rest of his life, he decided to take a less risky route of money making by joining the SHL where he has been a mediocre player for 3 seasons in the juniors. Perhaps not the best role model for kids.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

[Image: 43OsQT0.png]

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Growing up I always knew I wanted to be a hockey player, but that doesn't exactly pay the bills before you get drafted! While studying abroad in Canada I worked at a Denny's for a few months before quitting and vowing to never work fast food again. After that I tried my hand at retail work and worked at a Best Buy for about a year and a half before my career started to really take off as SMJHL teams started to express interest in me. My first job I couldn't stand, but as a pretty big tech geek I did have a bit of fun with my second job, as shitty and annoying as retail jobs can be. I got to learn a little bit more about this little side hobby of mine that I was so interested in, and even got tips on building my first PC from a coworker there, which I still use to game with my teammates Noah Andros and Jagger Fouquette in between games. All in all the impact these jobs have had on me are pretty minuscule, but they were still cool experiences nonetheless that helped ground me before my life as a hockey player really took form!

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page