Create Account

S49 PT #2 - Before the Fame

Before Kirkby made it to the big time, first with Anchorage and then with West Kendall, he used to work in his fathers pub in London. At first it was just collecting and washing the glassware but once he was old enough to reach the taps his dad basically used him as free labour to poor pints for the numerous drunk punters that used to come by from early in the morning to late at night. When the local football team Wimbledon was playing was usually when it was the rowdiest especially when their famed and self proclaimed 'crazy gang' was playing which was in the days before Vinny Jones became a movie star. In fact it was a chance encounter with Jones, who popped into the pub during a game in which he had been sent off for grabbing another Dane Whitehouse's bollocks a mere three seconds into the game, that propelled Kirkby towards hockey stardom. After drinking his fifteenth pint he reached over the bar and clipped a young Rex around the ear and said "don't be a fucking twat and pull pints all your life, grab life by the fucking nutsack and follow your dreams." and the rest is history. 

[Image: paul-gascoigne-and-vinnie-jones-7329679761.jpg]

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

In Kasperi Braulin's homeland, he was a sewage treatment plant operator! This was a very dirty job, as it dealt with the incoming waste water from the community. Braulin would have to take this water, and make sure it was going through the proper process to be deemed clean enough to return it to the environment. This included having to dig things out of the filters, including used tampons and condoms! The people were very careless about what they threw out. The job wasn't completely "shitty" (pun ALWAYS intended), as he was paid generously and had lots of time to relax. The grossest thing Kasperi had to do at his job was once, a pump that was down a manhole cover broke, and he had to enter this hole and fix the pump. He was up to his knees in human waste and the smell was unbearable! But he was fortunate that his plant also would collect money that would get lost and travel down storm drains!

Brady spent one season playing for his high school team before moving to St. Louis to start his junior career. That one year as a 15 year old in Grand Haven, MI he spent his weekends on the beach as a life guard. From 8 until 5 he'd get to chill in a chair and mess around on his phone doing whatever. The best part of the job was that it was only on weekends so he could still get his training in on weekdays and get paid to do nothing on the weekends. There were some wild stories that came from this as you can guess. To start with, this was a private beach so he was paid by the home owners around the beach to keep it safe and to keep people from getting too rowdy. That means when people started getting way too drunk in the middle of the day he had to get them to either chill out or ask them to leave. You wouldn't believe how many people got pissy about "their tax dollars paying his salary". Smh these fools don't know jack. Best day on the job was seeing two of his class mates from the high school making out on the beach, best day of that summer for him. Not something you expect to see when you're 15.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Before his long career with the Buffalo Stampede Charles Walker was just a kid. A kid who devoted pretty much his whole life to the hockey gods. As you can see the hockey gods were very kind to Charles Walker but again, he was just a kid. Most kids are broke but enjoy money so as you can imagine Charles Walker needed to find a job. They are hardly any glamour jobs out there for a 16-year-old kid, so he decided to work at Chick fil a. It was a really sucky job, but it gave him a lot of life lessons. Mainly it taught him he should work his ass off so that Chick fil a won’t be his career. But it also taught him the shitty side of people. There are a ton of rude customers and Walker was able to develop the patience needed to deal with these types of people.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Before my SHL fame, I was involved in hockey. My local rink back home organized beer leagues for players and I helped them organize the seasons. I would help them take registrations from teams and solo players and would have to place the solos onto other teams. Once the teams were registered, I would put the divisions together, placed by skill, and make the schedules.

Once the season go going, we had to monitor the teams and adjust the divisions based on how good the teams turned out to be. This job was a really great way to experience the behind the scenes of a hockey league. Obviously not at the same scale as big leagues, but still the same fundamental skills needed. I was privy to lots of different hockey talent so it was cool to see all the different types of people playing the game.

Just being in a hockey rink was my dream before the SHL and helping to run these leagues was always a treat for me. Looking at my SHL career now, I still love just being in the arena and the skills I learned helping to run those leagues is giving me the itch to get into the front office when my hockey playing career is over.

(213 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

When I was younger and in school, I wasn't born into one of those upper middle class families like a bunch of my friends so I had to work starting from a pretty young age. My uncle owned a tuxedo shop and I started shining shoes there when I was around 10 years old. It was pretty good, I got a little cash and it was a pretty alright job. I continued helping out at the shop for many years here and there whenever I could. On top of that, I started reffing youth soccer when I was 12 years old. It was a tough job, you get pretty much verbally abused by everyone around you almost every game but it pays really good money. To be able to make 250+ dollars in a single day was pretty sweet and it gave me pretty thick skin, nothing could really get under my skin anymore.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

PBE PT Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

"Okay, so I was born in Russia. That means that the jobs I dealt with were in Russia. I worked as an engineer. Well, at least I tried to work as an engineer. I didn't exactly pass those college classes. In fact, I got a degree in chemistry. So useless, right? I couldn't get a job in chemistry! See, this is the problem. You get a degree. You spend years getting that degree. Then you are unemployed. You cannot find a job. No one wants to hire you. Everyone thinks you're too strange of a human to hire. This is why I could barely hold down a job post-college. Anyway... Well, I applied for Russian hockey leagues and became so successful that I ended up in the SHL. My SHL has been my first real job. And I love it. I would not trade it for anything."

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Most of Tor Tuck’s time before he made it as a professional hockey player in the simulation hockey league was spent perfecting his craft. Tor Tuck did not have a lot of time for activities that did not involve hockey or physical training. However, due to the extreme workouts and dietary plans he subjected himself to he found another way to utilize his physical attributes that also netted him the cash necessary to survive until he made it. Tor Tuck was able to land odd jobs as a male stripper via Craigslist in his youth. Tor had to be careful as he was just a high schooler during these times, but his skills netted him plenty of repeat business as well as referral customers so he did not need to do a lot of public advertising that may jeopardize his operation. In the end the job was enjoyable, though there were awkward situations with some feisty older women from time to time. The money was good and he did not have to do much. He learned a lot about women and their desires during those formative years so he doesn’t have any regrets. As you can see from the footage that has resurfaced since his fame Tor Tuck was quite the skilled dancer and has only pride for those years, everyone needs to get paid.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Well I didn't have any jobs because, truth be told... I'm privileged. Being the third generation in a line of SHL players I grew up quite wealthy so there was no need for the extra money, and when other kids would take on a job during the holidays or to gain some insight and experience, I would always be at the hockey rink, trying to put in as much time as possible to help me reach my goal of making it to the SHL. I wouldn't say that I grew up spoiled by the way, I still had to work hard for everything and I certainly didn't grow up with a silver spoon and was given lots of stuff either. But nontheless, money was never an issue and if you don't need the money then really, what's the point of taking on a low-earning short-time job? There would've still been plenty of time for that later if my dream of becoming a professional hockey player had failed.

For years, young Karlstraße knew he'd follow in his fathers footsteps and join the ranks of the SHL elite. Hockey was always his top priority and his family was always quick to help him financially in that regard, but he still needed to earn a little cheddar for himself. Through high school if he wasn't in class or at the rink you could likely find Karlstraße working behind the hockey desk at the sports shop in his home town of Echternach, Luxembourg. He was a wizard with the skate sharpening machine and was always quick to help any customer. Once he finished high school he moved to Germany to attend their most prestigious hockey college, U of Eishockeyspieler. Most of his free time was spent practicing once again, but he was able to land a cushy job at the college rink helping out with maintenance and management. For the most part he just got to watch collect a paycheck while watching people play hockey. While it'd be hard to say he learned anything from his time in either role, it certainly went a long way in to developing his love and appreciation for the sport of hockey. A native of Luxembourg, there are few people that really pay attention to the sport, and even fewer that pursue it as a career.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

While DeMaricus Smyth was in school back home in Blansko, Czech Republic, he worked in his families grocery store. Before the big chain stores like Supermarket Albert or Supermarket Billa took over the town, the Smyth Family owned the local grocery market. Learning from his dad at a young age Smyth worked behind the meat counter. First it was small stuff, like cutting sandwhich meat and cheese, as DMS got older he slowly learned the craft of being a butcher. As with everything else in his life it started small, first it was chickens, then pigs, then cows, then he was allowed too get into the game meats like, deer, elk,  and crocodile. As Smyth got older, he had to cut back his hours in the family business of the grocery store. However while he was there he also learned how to organize product and when to order products should big sales be coming up or whether its just a hot item in the market right now.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Artemi Berezin had your usual Russian upbringing on the outskirts of the big city, farm hands to his parents farm, basically a great way to really build that strength for hockey. But Berezin had a flare for mixing drinks, especially vodka (shocker). Most of his friends growing up would call him the vodka scientist, some drinks were great, others almost killed his friends, but that’s how you practice.
Now a lot of people don’t know this, but even when you are drafted to the SHL, that money still isn’t flowing in like it is with some players, Berezin had a short time trying to scrape by in Montreal when he was there, and instead of using his farm experience, he found great work as a local club bartender in the big city, you could call it a second dream for him. It did only last a couple of months until the SHL money came in, but he did make a name for himself in a certain club in Montreal, just mention his name in Rouge and see what happens…

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Prior to becoming an SHL player, Parker Smeb lived in Seoul South Korea and watched over his younger, shorter brothers who all played LoL. What Parker considered his main job was paying money to play at PC Bangs in hopes of one day getting picked up by an LCK team. He was master tier on the Korean league server and had a K/DA of 5.00 on Yuumi. That being said, his inability to play tanks held him back from getting picked up by an LCK team and was mostly relegated to playing in Challengers Korea including a brief stint on the BBQ Olivers. Prior to being drafted, Parker got a brief tryout on Afreeca Freecs where he bodied Kiin with his top lane Yuumi. Hours after he was drafted by Colorado in the SMJHL, he was offered a contract to be a sub for the Freecs but decided that due to the dumb regression rules in SHL a pro hockey career would last about 6x as long as an esports career. He decided to play in the SHL due to being able to play 25 years with ease.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

During my time in high school, I did not have a job. I was a bum, but I will tell you about my first job when I was a new university student! I worked at Staples, in the copy and print centre and oh boy, you would NOT believe how idiotic people were. I had people trying to convince me that they could send emails without having an email address themselves, and yet other people thought I knew the mailing address of every single person in Haiti. Why? I have no idea. It was a very brutal job that sucked the life out of me. HOWEVER, it did teach me patience. It taught me how to fight through the struggles, and get the best out of whatever it was that I'm doing, no matter how bad my state of mind may be. Because of those things, I would never change a moment. Except, maybe some...which will not be said here.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]