Create Account

Hiring: SMJHL Awards Committee Members

Hello!

With WiC's approval, I'm continuing on as the official SMJHL Awards Committee Head. With that, I have to thank ml002 and Beaver for 10+ seasons each on the committee. They have decided to step down. Alongside the resignation of nobody and the banishment of Daco, I need to do some hiring!

My plan is to hire between 2-4 people to bring our numbers to 7 or 9 total. I will likely try to hire a mix of newer users and veterans. The number of spots I fill will come down to the quality of the applications we get.

Seasonal pay is $2 million for prompt completion of an awards ballot and discussion of awards with the committee.

Applications will be open until Friday, August 16th at 10pm EST (9pm CST). If you're interested in applying, answer the following questions:

Code:
1. Why do you want to be on the SMJHL Awards committee?
2. What ideas, if any, do you have regarding improving awards committee moving forward?
3. The awards committee holds a good amount of power in recognizing and awarding outstanding players. How would you go
about remaining fair and impartial in completing your awards committee duties?
4. Honestly, how closely do you follow the SMJHL right now?
5. I want to try to bring some balance in which team alums are represented, where possible. What SMJHL teams do you have
strong ties to, whether as a player/management/etc?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Now that WiC's deadline passed, I can bump this.

Get those apps in for SMJHL Awards Committee!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Hey! You have a few more hours to apply!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Hello all! Thanks for the many applications I received for this position. It was a tough decision, as everyone brought something different to the table. In the end, the pool was strong enough to hire four new awards committee members.

I want to thank @ml002 and @Beaver again for their service to the team. It won't be the same without you!

Welcome to the team @Huck24 @Gwdjohnson @tedlamotors and @charlieconway!

Check out my press conference for (eventual) breakdowns of why I chose these four people!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors