Create Account

The Big Slappy Hour #155! (Two Away from Record)

Bonk and I now have 155 episodes in the can. Next one ties Gifter of Bikes and the Klosecast for the longest running podcast in SHL history and then with 157 we will hold it all to ourselves.

Anyway, this week we rank SHL teams, SMJHL teams and logos. Lots of ranking this week for some reason. We also discuss political speech, comfort foods, pre-season, some music, cruises and cell-phones.

No major rants this week, just some fun, silliness and a modicum of intelligent discussion in an atmosphere of drinking beers, petting bulldogs and smoking bowls. Basically your average BSH

So here is The Big Slappy Hour #155!

https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/the-big-slappy-hour-155

Thanks to Sweg, Spartangibbles, Avakael, Joe K, Wasty, Toivo and Crossfit for questions and comments Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Great @Slappydoodle you know someone is going to try to get @Gifter of Bikes back and recording again.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

08-11-2019, 10:09 PMBonk Wrote: Great @Slappydoodle  you know someone is going to try to get @Gifter of Bikes  back and recording again.

It’s my favorite SHL podcast ever. Nothing would please me more. Dying to get an update on all his personal and professional issues. Besides then we could pass the record back and forth like Wasty passing a J.

Kid, I’m playing 4D chess here and everyone else is playing marbles.

Hey guys, I enjoyed the discussion on smart phones. I just can't imagine parting ways with my phone. Like imagine breaking down and having to thumb it into town. But I do understand the appeal of being unreachable when you leave the home. Even today at work, the boss called a co-worker 4 times (5 if you count the time they made me call him) within an hour trying to keep tabs on where he was on a shortish trip (60 miles). Anytime I see the boss call I get a little stressed.

Great pod overall.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Liked the discussions on everything, guys. Sad to hear you're not a fan of DFA1979 though! My old man used to play their first record around the house all the time when I was a kid, lot of fond memories with that band.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

08-12-2019, 01:19 AMadamantium Wrote: Liked the discussions on everything, guys. Sad to hear you're not a fan of DFA1979 though! My old man used to play their first record around the house all the time when I was a kid, lot of fond memories with that band.

I did give it a try. Just didn’t click for me, personally. Didn’t hate it or anything, just didn’t feel it all that much. Nice to have memories of music in the house as a child though. I still listen to a lot of the stuff my parents listened to in our house.

Good stuff as usual.

Though a minor nitpick: is there a reason the volume for the audio prior to the music in the into/outro is so quiet? I turn my volume up to listen to it then once Brass Bonanza comes in it is ridiculously loud.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2019, 09:39 AM by Wasty.)

@Slappydoodle Noticed your comment about the LA Panthers logo, one of your favorite parts is that it’s looking left. There are two reasons for the orientation.

1. The Logo is somewhat of an homage to the California State Flag which depicts a Golden Bear looking left with a Star above its head in the left top corner. The Panther is also looking left and we added the star as a nod to Hollywood “stars” of the cinema and a nod to the state flag star.

2. Also if you notice the panthers head is looking down while isn’t a ferocious stance, it’s because the Panther is looking West and South towards, LA.

Also I don’t make the LA Panthers logo set, I did have a hand in designing, however I paid a graphic designer to create both logos when I rebranded the team back in S15. I had worked on an update of the LA logo a couple seasons ago kinda revamping the look but I scrapped it instead.

California State Flag:
[Image: 1200px-Flag_of_California.svg.png]

LA Logo:
[Image: shPHwFw.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

08-13-2019, 09:33 AMWasty Wrote: @Slappydoodle Noticed your comment about the LA Panthers logo, one of your favorite parts is that it’s looking left. There are two reasons for the orientation.

1. The Logo is somewhat of an homage to the California State Flag which depicts a Golden Bear looking left with a Star above its head in the left top corner. The Panther is also looking left and we added the star as a nod to Hollywood “stars” of the cinema and a nod to the state flag star.

2. Also if you notice the panthers head is looking down while isn’t a ferocious stance, it’s because the Panther is looking West and South towards, LA.

Also I don’t make the LA Panthers logo set, I did have a hand in designing, however I paid a graphic designer to create both logos when I rebranded the team back in S15. I had worked on an update of the LA logo a couple seasons ago kinda revamping the look but I scrapped it instead.

California State Flag:
[Image: 1200px-Flag_of_California.svg.png]

LA Logo:
[Image: shPHwFw.png]

Wow, learn something new every day. The care shows through

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2019, 12:57 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

If we were to ban anal-beads i'd leave the site TBH, gotta stimulate the G spot somehow bro

And i also got Bobby W in the 5th round Wink

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]