Create Account

Early Season Catch-Up with Phineas Gold

Hello Montreal Fans and Phineas enthusiasts alike.  We’re back again at the ice with another follow up in our series where we follow one SMJHL throughout his first season career to be in on the action when there are ups and downs.  Really dive into what it feels like to be an upcoming pro player for all you hockey nuts out there. We are following our boy, Phineas Gold, and his aspiration to be a pro hockey player in the SHL.  Every few games we are going to follow up with him to see how he is feeling towards the league as well as his performance on and off the ice.
Hello Phineas! How are you doing?
Hey! Good to be here again. 
As of this interview.  The boys in blue have played 11 games in the current season and are looking to shore up their weaknesses in the last 3 losses to bring back momentum and shoot for first again.  This rookie bench line is boasting no less than 14 new players who just got drafted this season.  How does it feel to be in an environment where the management is really going all in with the rookies and what does that mean for you?
Well.  For one it definitely means that it is anyone’s game out there.  We’re all trying to prove ourselves on the ice and really throwing ourselves into training and activity on the team.  We’re all trying to find our niche.  With so few veteran players it means that anyone of us have a chance to shine on the ice as we’re all getting important minutes out there.  It is really helping us target what needs to be improved.  Off the ice, the rookies are really going all out to improve their presence.  At the end of this season we’re all going to be drafted to a SHL team and we need to have as much recognition as possible.  Management really supports all of us and our decisions and we know they have our back 100%.
That’s great!  Sometimes you hear of stories where a player just doesn’t fit into a team and learn that they might just have to take a moment to step back and reassess (R.I.P Doug Glatt).  So how do you feel about your current production? 
I’m currently in the middle of the pack on points for my team.  I can’t lie and say that I have been doing great on the ice.  I started off strong after a great pre-season showing where I put up some points on the board on the 4th line.  After being promoted to the third line, my production fizzled.  Doing a deep dive into the tape on my plays it sure looked like I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  While still putting up shots on the net, I need to focus on positions and aiming.  Many of my plays resulted in turnovers in the beginning.  My focus on my defense has really taken a turn in my latest games where I’ve been better at reading the flow of the game and even got in a nice shot block.
You talked a little about what you’re doing to improve your position here on the team.  We want you to go more in depth on your strategy as well what your next steps are?
Gladly.  I finally worked hard at got my defense to my first stopping point at 70.  That was a 30 point rise since the pre-season began.  I have been working my ass off during practice.  I finally got the greenlight to take a break from defense for now to go back and work on my scoring, passing, and skating.  If I can round those out just a bit more then hopefully I will start bringing in more points.  I want to get the mat least a little towards my personal targets for this league.  If you looked at my games you can see that I am doing well with being in position for breakout passes, both giving and receiving, but can’t convert when I need to.  Our team needs more points on the board as our games seem to always be with a 1 goal differential if we’re not running away with it.  My next steps are to just focus on my attributes and hopefully my moments will come.  Today’s games saw me score a goal and net an assist so I can expect good things to come in time.
And your next steps?
Uhhh right. I want to reclaim my position on the third line and move up from there.  We have a lot of left wingers so there doesn’t seem to be a need for a left wing who shoots right.  I was really shining in the prospect showcase when I was on that left wing.  So hopefully I get a chance to get back there.  I righty right wing is always a solid player but I was born to play left wing.  So I just have to prove myself one way or another.  I’ll get my shot.
What’s been on your mind the most as you go into each of these games?
My rival from the Mustang days, Ivan Maximum @thiefofcheeseThat #2 guy seems to be thriving on the power play over in Anaheim.  So far we haven’t had a chance to play them and I am really itching to show this guy up one.  He was nothing but a thorn in my side even if we played well together.  That Russian really knows how to get on a guys nerves outside of the ice.  If you take a look at him he hasn’t been able to do much during the 5v5 ice time he has gotten.  So if we shut down their power play and play a clean game we pretty much make their 1st line center negligible.  Good power plays, but they have nothing on our 5v5’s.  I am going to look to shut them down in the neutral ice every time.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if anything we can grab off Ivan turns into a scoring opportunity for us.  Look for him to be the weak link our back to back games.
Well that’s all the time we have today folks.  As always.  A riveting picture of our favorite SMJHL player.  Thanks for taking the time to watch our program tonight and catch up with Phineas.  Did you catch that piece about his rival?  We will catch up next time to see how this first matchup goes down.  Phineas is currently in the midpoint of his team but every week we are seeing big jumps for this tiny player.  He’s gotten to yell it twice, but we hope to see more Phineas GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALDs in the future.

Signing Off.  The evening news is next.

1144 Words.  Ready for Grading.

@

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 05:22 PM by thiefofcheese.)

Light mode alert

And I'm just gonna leave this here 

[Image: gold.png]

[Image: max.png]

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Militia

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

08-12-2019, 05:30 PMRich Wrote: Militia

Yeahthat

Good stuff!  Even with killing us dark mode users Wink

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Oh and it's Ivan Maximus

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Damn definitely got auto corrected some how. Editing that

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]