Create Account

Lion of the Week: Week #1

[Image: SMJHL-Lions.png]

The Lion of the Week award serves as the return of an initiative that I had implemented during my first tenure as an SMJHL GM in Montreal back around S15.  The LotW is a player that has made outstanding contributions to our team both on and off the ice.  They will have performed well in the sim, not necessarily only points wise but made great contributions to the team in general.  Off the ice, the locker room is integral to the Lethbridge experience and we want to recognize the members that make it special and keep everyone coming back day after day.  

The player who wins this award the most times by the end of the season will take home our new team award for Lion of the Season during our yearly team awards ceremony.

Our first week has the Lions sitting 7-9-2 and in 8th place.  For a young team, this isn't the worst spot to be in as the team will only improve as the rookies and send downs grow in the lead up to the playoff race.  

The winner of our first week is a send down who was one of the few active members we had last season and has come back strong this year, providing a positive and active influence in the locker room and advice to our many first generation players who are learning their way through the SMJHL.  On the ice, this player is currently leading our team in scoring after 18 games.  He has notched 7 goals and 9 assists from the back end while eating up the most minutes in the league and landing in second on our team in shots blocked with 27.  He also leads our team in clap bombs per 60.  

Without further ado, the winner of the Lion of the Week for Week 1 of season 49 is....

[Image: 0Eq8Tiz.png]

Delver Fudgeson! @Massive Coiler

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Love the idea for this and will fight hard to get this award!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

BIG FUDGE!

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Oh come on guys, everyone works so hard that we're all the Lion of the week.

Except it's mine this week losers

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

The rock of our young backline! Good job Fudge!

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

ehh I think I remember this back in the day. It's a great idea.

Falcons Canada

Congrats dude!

Meoow

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]