Create Account

S49 PT#3 - SHL Big Brother program

Quote:Written Task: If you are in the SHL, the league has asked that you to choose a player in the SMJHL to take in, work withand put in some difficult life skill situations which may come up in the future.. and see how they handle it.. and in 150+ words explain how it all worked out!? Who did you choose and what made you choose them? What did you both do during the week? Did you put him in some difficult situations? what did they struggle with and what did they do well at? What were your final conclusions of your mentorship with this player? (*tag player involved)

@Toivo I hit up this dude and told him he was my Little Brother in the Big Brother program and he asked me why and I said because you are. So I flew him out to Boston and we like hung out and shit. I took him to Subway to introduce him to his first difficult life skill situation. Ordering a sandwich from Subway. Because who knows what to order and what bread to order it on and what sauce you slap on that bitch. I sure dont, its scary the options confuse me. But this dude. He straight up went to the order dude and was like yeah hit me up with that full rye sandwich with turkey slices and a mustard sauce. Lmao tweet it.

Second we went to the zoo and looked at the animals. He pointed at the penguins and said 'Look at all those chickens'and I said haha you littel shit those are penguins and he was like oh yeah and then we laughed and got a sundae.

Then I sent his ass back home I sure hope he learned a lot about being a adult person.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

PBE PT

This past week was a wild one we just had. I, from the bottom of my own heart, chose to adopt Kelowna Knights superstar @Jiggly_333 for the week and show him around town. Show him how the other half up here in the SHL lives. It was a difficult task to mould him into what I wanted but I think we got there in the end. Confidence is key and so initially we worked through the task of clapping dicks (I'll leave that open for interpretation) and eventually we moved on to wheeling, sniping, and cellying. All I can say is this kid is a natural and he's going to be a star both in the Juniors and once they come up here to the big leagues. My final conclusions of mentor ship are that I am worried to one day face up against them, because oh my, I am going to get schooled.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Jøln DuBølk had decided to join the SHL Big Brother Program and chose fellow teammates on Vancouver and, eventually, Tampa Bay Kaspars Claude (@Bruins10). DuBølk knew Claude was a very skilled defenseman but knew that if he was going to survive in the big leagues, he needed the greatest intangible of all: grit. So, DuBølk taught Claude both how to avoid hits and take hits, including some of the dirtiest hits including headhunting, and DuBølk taught Claude how to hit more effectively. Claude noticeably took good strides, but commented that he "won't do that again, holy shit my body hurts."

Fortunately, DuBølk was also good with holding the puck, so he also attempted to teach Claude a thing or two there. It became quite apparent to him that Claude was much better versed in this kind of thing, and there was a reason he was picked 1st overall. With that, DuBølk said his goodbyes and headed off into the sunset.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

I chose Nicolaj Muller @esilverm as my little brother for the week.  I put him in plenty of difficult situations to get him out of his comfort zone.  Muller is a scoring freak on the ice, but I wanted to push him to work on his fan interaction.  As a St. Louis alum myself, we did a Scarecrows Fan Meet and Greet.  I watched as a kid in a Muller jersey came up for a picture, and Nicolaj just screeched something about scarecrow noises.  We played a friendly with the fans, and he scored a double hat trick while also knocking out some dad's teeth.

We made some good progress by the end of the week.  I figured a lot of problems start when he opens his mouth, so we took a mime class at the YMCA.  When it came time for the second Meet and Greet, he only pretended to screech.  It caused some new problems though, because he also mimed signing the kid's jersey and didn't actually write anything.  We'll figure that one out next time.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

When Dom first heard about the Big Brothers Mentoring program, he said he didn't want to participate unless they called it something like Suitable Siblings Mentoring program, since there are women in the SHL and SMJHL as well. Then he was on board and an obvious SMJHL choice was Mikas Bieksa ( @ontanis ) of the Vancouver Whalers. As captain in the SMJHL, Dom saw what a lot of players struggled with, so he wanted to make sure Bieksa had all his things in order before eventually joining the Pride. First, Dom flew up to Vancouver and made Bieksa make dinner. Jimmy Slothface ( @slothfacekilla ) once left raw chicken out for many hours and could never successfully cook himself a healthy dinner, so Dom made Bieksa cook a chicken breast and saute vegetables. That task checked out. Next, in the SHL, you'll severely get made fun of if you're not dressed well on game day and don't you dare come in with a wrinkly suit, so Dom made Bieksa iron a dress shirt. He didn't put a hole in the shirt, but this task did come with considerably more stress. Next, they went out on the town and got Bieksa drunk. Dom himself only drank a little. Every time Bieksa tried to drunk tweet or talk to attractive people on Instagram, Dom took the phone from him. The lesson is: no social media when you're drunk. That's a lesson all SHL players need to learn. Bieksa is a cool guy, so everything else should work itself out otherwise.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

For monkey d luffy we are going to choose none of than delver fudegson @Massive Coiler. He steps in to some pretty big shoes to fill as he was named captain of the expansion team lethbridge lions. He fills the shoes of none other than his mentor luffy. I plan to be the mario lemieux to this defensive sidney crosby. When he was a rookie in the juniors I had the pleasure of having him as a roommate and I got to show him the ropes and how to lead a rag tag group of ghostie boys. This shows with how he was made captain after i got called up and how well he handles the locker room now that i'm gone. Massive proud of this guy and i'm glad to have taken him under my wing and show him how to progress as a player. He'll be a stud D in no time what so ever.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Written Task: If you are in the SHL, the league has asked that you to choose a player in the SMJHL to take in, work withand put in some difficult life skill situations which may come up in the future.. and see how they handle it.. and in 150+ words explain how it all worked out!? Who did you choose and what made you choose them? What did you both do during the week? Did you put him in some difficult situations? what did they struggle with and what did they do well at? What were your final conclusions of your mentorship with this player? (*tag player involved)

I would take the young stud that is Nicolaj Muller. I was mentoring him for a solid few weeks and his criminal record continued to rise. What did we do during the weeks together beyond making love. We both trained and made some cool training montages together with various pop sounds from both the 80's and 90's. After training him up to be a good player on the ice, we then worked on contract negotiation skills.

After all who better than one of the most overpaid players in SHL history to help you comb through and master your negotiation skills than Dermot Lavelle. I mentored Muller and our final conclusions were that when he gets out of the SJHMHLHJMHJHLMHJHLH LEAGUE and finishes his rookie contract with the Stampede, he will ask for the following contract.

1 YEAR
NO TRADE CLAUSE
IMMUNITY TO SHL RULES
AUTOMATIC CHALLENGE CUP CLAUSE

None of these are in any capacity negotiable at all for a player of Mullers elite nature and I hope for the Stampedes sake, they have deep enough pockets. @esilverm

As soon as he was drafted, I took the talented first overall pick Ryan Shepard (@Naosu ) under my wing and showed him all the keys to success. Firstly, I told him to get rid of that defensive forward bullshit and go balls to the wall with his scoring. After all, what's the point in winning if you're not topping the league in points? Next, I expected to give him some tips about getting all the teps he can, but it looks like he definitely doesn't need my help on that front. That's about all I've done so far, but there's still a lot of wisdom that needs to be passed down -- I have to tell him about the Kelowna to New England pipeline, and how to shitpost with maximum efficiency for media. I believe with all the knowledge I've given him, he has a real chance of hanging with the big dogs once his tep count inevitably gets up there. When he becomes a 2000 TPE player, you know who to thank.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Olivier Cloutier took Raphael d'Alcott under his wing seasons ago, when d'Alcott was a rookie on the Anchorage Armada and Olivier was the newly crowned captain. Olivier had an empty room available in his apartment after Leo Lockhart was called up, and he needed something to channel his extra time into. Befriending and mentoring d'Alcott was the easy choice, and it paid off for both of them - both snipers, Olivier was able to help d'Alcott really start to come into his own, and though they never won the championship, they both made major strides and noticeable improvement from learning from each other. Though he now plays for the Tampa Bay Barracuda, Olivier still counts Raphael as one of his best friends and has been watching the Armada's progress this season carefully. He calls Raphael when he has time and helps him dissect game tape, making sure to encourage Raphael - but also to chirp him so that he won't get complacent. Olivier has also made sure to tell Raphael about the challenges he's faced in his rookie season in the big leagues in the hopes that Raphael will be more prepared when it comes his time to play. @KenitohMenara

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Leo (@ej27) showed me around town a little bit and gave me a gigantic shopping list to complete. There were lots of obscure items on there like dehydrated water or a can of dihydrogen monoxide. These were all supposed to be located in the supermarket, but I was having a lot of trouble finding some of the items. For the dehydrated water I had to sneak away downtown and go to the military surplus store, it was the only place I could think of that would have lots of camping stuff. The dihydrogen monoxide was harder to find. Chemicals like that? I thought first to look in a pool place, like that sells pool equipment, but they didn't know what I was talking about. So instead I had to go to a hardware store and hope that they might have it in their garden section or something. Eventually I was able to find it, but not where I expected. It eventually turned up in a beauty supply store of all places, I guess you just wouldn't believe the kind of chemicals women are willing to use on themselves. The rest of the shopping list wasn't so bad, but I couldn't help but feel like I was just stocking Leo's pantry for him. I guess I learned a lot about hard work and perseverance, and also a bit about thinking outside the box, like having to go to the beauty store.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

During my 2 seasons as Vancouver's (self-proclaimed) director of player development / coach I had the opportunity to work with a lot of promising young stars so I had a lot of players to choose from. But the team is only as good as its captain and as a former Whalers captain, I decided to choose my successor Jon 41 @C9Van for this task.

During this week I wanted to try to teach Jon how to be a good captain on and off the ice. I think every championship team has to be good both defensively and offensively, and the team captain needs to lead by example and be an elite two-way player. I know Jon can score as proven by his performance in the playoffs last season so we mostly worked on his defensive skills. I mean, right now he's -2 on the season despite getting top line and top PP minutes? That’s just pathetic, no wonder Vancouver has been struggling.
It’s also important for a captain to be a vocal leader in the LR and help your teammates whenever possible, especially rookies as the league can be quite confusing at first.

Overall, I think this went well and I hope Jon will stop being the worst captain in Vancouver history  Hmm  (jk)

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

PBE PT
Username: ADwyer87

I took Mikas Bieksa out for a night on the town and explained to him some of the unexpected things that may occur if he makes the jump to the SHL. Life is fun and easy in Juniors but when you make the SHL there is a lot of people who are always looking to get a piece of you and your wallet. Also there is a lot of chicks who want to sleep with you but you need to know which ones are worth it and which ones are traps. There is just so much to learn and so little time, I gave him my pager number and I let him know he can reach me anytime. Learning the ways of the SHL is a task that takes years for most people but under my wing I think Bieksa will be hooking up with nothing but the finest chicks and making huge pay days in the coming years.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.