Create Account

plz read me i worked hard

Alright so it's once again time for Noble to make his annual (irl years) mega article to earn me enough money to do things around the league. These articles are usually really fucking long because they last me for 2+ seasons, so if you don't have time on your hand to read, just skim to where your team is or ignore this post completely. Now, this wouldn't be a mega article without my stereotypical cup off coffee, quarterly nicotine breaks (or constant now I guess), and many spelling and grammar mistakes that will simply be glossed over and ignored as I try and spew out as many words as is possible. By the end of this, my english will be broken, my sentences won't make sense, and there might be random characters on the screen for no real reason at all. If anything abnormal happens apart from this, it means I have fallen asleep. I am going to post time check in's and word count check in's every time I reach a split, and by split I mean move on to a new team because I have decided this year I'm going to be covering every team in the league, analyzing their S48 performance, and looking at what it means for them moving into S49 and S50. Now, let's begin.

Time: Saturday August 17th 2019, 8:16PM
Word Count: 230

[Image: Buffalo.png]
S48 Record: 27-19-4 (58 Points)
[b]Placement: 3rd in Great Lakes, 5th in East, 8th Overall

Final Power Ranking: 4th
Top Scorer: Louie Garrett (23 Goals, 24 Assists, 47 Points
Playoffs: S48 Challenge Cup Champion

The Good
Well, I have to say that there is a lot of good to be found in the S48 Buffalo Stampede. Whenever a team wins a Challenge Cup, something has to have gone right, and for the Stampede it certainly did. Despite being ranked 3rd in their division and being considered the underdog team heading into the playoffs, the Stampede roster was stacked full of strong talent that was ready and hungry for a championship. This hunger and drive was extremely important as the Stampede would go on to win their wildcard series in a bloodbath sweep against the Toronto North Stars before finding their match in the Tampa Bay Barracuda in a series that went to seven games. Following the win against the Barracuda, Buffalo took an easy five game series over the West Kendall Platoon and met the Winnipeg Jets in the final, taking the Cup in six games. It was an impressive run from a very strong team, and showed that many of their players could be depended on. When a roster is this strong all around, it's hard to pin point just one area as a strength.

The Bad
Despite having quite a strong team, Buffalo's issues came in two forms, and quite possibly the most important of all. Consistency was Buffalo's biggest demon in S48 with unpredictable affaird and lackluster production across the board. For a team with so much raw talent, it was a huge surprise to see them fall in the middle of the pack for both goals against and goals for, which were the two major concerns I had with their play. When a team is this chalk full of experienced and deadly players, you would expect them to consistently wash out weaker opponents. One of the biggest examples of the team letting down in easy games can be seen in their regular season performance against the Toronto North Stars where they dropped the regular season series in a miserable fashion, picking up four losses, an overtime loss, and a shootout win.

The Future[b]
The future is extremely bright for the Buffalo Stampede, with a number of young players already making their way onto the pro roster and priming themselves for great careers. Rookie forward Monkey D. Luffy began his SHL debut this season playing second ling minutes alongside Marius and Konig, and will blossom into one of the Stampede's top offensive pieces. An impressive fourteen points in twenty games already has him shoed in to be a candidate for the Jesster trophy, and with so much of the season left to play the sky is the limit. With Nicolaj Muller and Denver Wolfe in the prospect system down in the SMJHL, the team is looking at a future top pairing defenseman and top six winger. The future is only bright for this team.

[b]Today

So far this season Buffalo has not failed to dissapoint our expectations, currently sitting in 2nd place in the Eastern Conference behind the the current President's Cup shoe in of the New England Wolfpack. With a roster that is still heavily laden with talent and great performances across the board from a number of their members, the Stampede have all the chips in place to continue their reign at the top of the SHL standings for seasons to come. With young power hungry teams coming up behind them though, Buffalo will have to plan for the future or they could see their window close faster than they might expect.

Time: Saturday August 17th 2019, 8:34PM
Word Count: 871

[Image: SHL-Dragons-Banner.png]
S48 Record: 24-19-7 (55 Points)
[b]Placement: 3rd in Northwest, 5th in West, 10th Overall

Final Power Ranking: 14th
Top Scorer: Shooter McGavin (20 Goals, 31 Assists, 51 Points
Playoffs: 2nd Round Elimination by New Orleans Specters (6 Games)

The Good
Calgary had a rough season, and there is no way to debate that. A team that has been as strong as they have been on a perennial basis will have their highs and lows, but when the Dragons barely squeezed into the playoffs with the 10th and final seed, many had their hopes down. So where was the good? Well, it can be seen in the continued elite production of the Dragons veteran core that has been around for countless season. Despite the departure of Esa Anrikkanen, Mike Izzy and Otis B. Driftwood showed absolutely no signs for slowing down, combining for an astounding 32 goals and 98 points. With offensive production of this calibre at their age, it's no wonder Calgary has been such an incredible franchise for so long.

The Bad
Well we definitely have something to talk about here, because it appears we hit the beginning of the end this season. As mentioned previously, the Dragons were hard pressed to find themselves in the playoffs this season and just barely made it in, claiming the fifth and final spot in the West. A down year from Rainbow Dash, a lack of rookie production and pathetically average goal totals were the wrench stuck in the machine for the once dominant Dragons as they had to slowly watch a miserable season patter by. With a team that is still built primarily around older players and experienced internally groomed members, the Dragons organization just went stagnant, and it was nothing but hard to watch.

The Future
Fortunately, the future isn't all bleak for the Dragons, with a handful of talented young players approaching their prime, and a handful more prepping down in the SMJHL to make their debut with the big club. Chico Smeb, Barry Batsbak, and Brennan Kennedy Jr. will all be extremely valuable pieces in the Calgary retooling as they hope to bring life to a roster that goes older with every passing season. The fresh faces of Prince Devitt, Atlas Rush, and Esa Parmborg will revitalize and strengthen a future core as they plan to slowly take over some of the final dinosaurs on the roster in the near future. It's hard to imagine, but within three seasons we could see a whole new identity to the Dragons organization.

Today
The Dragons seem to have found some sort of stride this season on the backs of their veteran play and have had an undeniable resurgance as they have made their way to the very top of the standings, currently placed first in the West and second overall behind the New England Wolfpack. While this may come as a surprise, many have vouched for this being the final hurrah of a number of seasoned players on the roster going for their final shot at another Challenge Cup. Currently leading the league in goals for, Calgary seems to be performing well above their pay grade and is making sure that everyone takes note of them moving forward. This could be, for the final time in a while, the year of the Dragons.

Time: Saturday August 17th 2019, 8:50PM
Word Count: 1,450

[Image: syndicate-banner.png]
S48 Record: 21-24-5 (49 Points)
[b]Placement: 4th in Great Lakes, 7th in East, 13th Overall

Final Power Ranking: 10th
Top Scorer: Cameron Carter II (22 Goals, 22 Assists, 44 Points
Playoffs: Failed to Qualify

The Good
If you haven't heard of the CC2 fan club, drag your head out of the sand and catch up the rest of the world because this man single handedly kept his team from falling to the absolute bottom of the standings this season (although admittedly they made it very close). Leading his team in scoring, hits, and penalty minutes, Cameron Carter II is an absolute statistical anomaly and one of my favorite players to really look into in the entire league. He has a certain style of play that makes him a monster on the ice, and isn't afraid to get chippy in the corner to draw out the puck and create and offensive opportunity for his team. With a shot like his, the vision, and the physicality, it's no question why this guy has a fan club. Love him or hate him, you have to appreciate just how much work this guy put in this season to make sure the Syndicate didn't find themselves picking first overall in the S49 SHL Entry Draft.

The Bad
There is a lot of bad for the Syndicate, simply put. For an expansion team that decided to build from the inside rather than furthering themselves using the expansion draft, Chicago isn't doing all that bad. For a team that exists in the SHL, the same cannot be said. Posting goals for in the bottom five amongst teams in the league and repping the second worst goals against, the Syndicate just did NOT have a strong year in any form what so ever. Jay Bae shit the bid in the net and gave up a numbr of easy saves through out the season which ultimately led to Chicago failing to string together wins, and had a crucial impact on that goals against total. A lack of young talent being infused into the roster made the team look old and rusty on the ice, unsure of what direction their club was heading in, and for fans it was more than frustrating to see.

The Future
Martijn Westbroek and Corey Kennedy are the two most important pieces in the future plans for the Chicago Syndicate right now as they are the strongest active rookies on the team's roster. Future performances from Leonid Koffix, Nick Connoly, and Lallo Selman will be absolutely crucial towards keeping the future of the team afloat, and when you have three dynamic pieces in the system like Chicago does, you can rest easy and bide your time. This is a team that clearly has a plan, and with all of their chips falling into place through the draft as they've managed to grab an elite number of top prospects, I have no question that the Syndicate could find themselves nearing the top of the leaderboards in a short span of five seasons. Give those young guys some time to season up and get experience, and you have a deadly roster on your hands.

Today
The Syndicate today still lack what it takes to really be a dominant force in the league, but things don't change overnight. Currently sitting in 5th place in the East ahead of last season's President's Cup Champion in the Tampa Bay Barracuda by one point, fans are torn as to where they want the team to head moving forward in this year. While a playoff berth would be great for engaging the fan base and generating profit, landing another selection near the top of the draft could be the make or break towards Chicago really building a window for themselves. With a roster that is ready and hungry though, there could be no shortage of surprises.

Time: Saturday August 17th 2019, 9:03PM
Word Count: 2,129

[Image: Edmonton.png]
S48 Record: 25-20-5 (55 Points)
[b]Placement: 2nd in Northwest, 4th in West, 9th Overall

Final Power Ranking: 6th
Top Scorer: Teddy Cuddles (22 Goals, 23 Assists, 45 Points
Playoffs: Wildcard Elimination by Calgary Dragons (5 Games)

The Good
Put in a similar situation to Calgary, Edmonton has made moves to win the Battle of Alberta first and worry about the future later. With a number of mid season trades to acquire Mattias Engqvist, Jacob Geza, and Caelan Fearghal alongside the big rookie presence between James Truong, Karlstabe Scholz, and Marc Hagan, Edmonton's biggest strenth in S48 found its home with it's general manager. Strong and clear moves from the front office team of the Blizzard gave the team direction, and all their chips fell great. Despite having unforunate descripancy in the plus minus category, the Blizzard found wins in unlikely places and fought for a playoff spot that they more than deserved. This determination coupled with briliant trades and call ups by the general managers all came together to form what could have been a fantastic season if not for their wildcard elimination at the hands of their most bitter rival in the Calgary Dragons.

The Bad
Tommy Tuck. When a team lands near the top of the list in goals against, attention is quick to be directed at the goaltending team, and Edmonton certainly let us all down this season. Tuck quite simply just didn't seem to be there all season long, and for a goaltender of his calibre really lacked in the consistency department. While not all of the blame can be put in one place, there is certainly a lot to be shed on his play. Moving forward, Tuck will need to find a balance in his game and show that he can continue to be an elite calibre goaltender in the big leagues before someone comes along to take his place. This shouldn't be of any concern though as the Blizzard trust in their goaltender who has shown he can certainly perform through out his years with the team.

The Future
Julio Tokolosh is the sole rookie on the roster of the Edmonton Blizzard this season, and seems to be having a hard adjustment period to the game style of the SHL as he has only posted 7 points in the first 21 games of his career. Borůvka Banananák, Noah Andros, and Finn Rhys will bring some much needed life to the roster moving forward and will be quintessential in keeping the Blizzard ahead of the game in regards to their prospect development system. With big names coming up, Edmonton shouldn't have any fear for their future, as a retool is certainly in progress for this team which always finds its way to win.

Today
Edmonton finds themselves in a similar position so far this year as they were last year, and it's a common occurence amongst teams who decide to take the retooling route rather than launching into a full rebuild. Sitting in fourth place in the West and only one game back of taking the title and launching themselves into second place behind their Alberta counter parts of the Calgary Dragons, it would appear that Edmonton has done just what they intended to do and are ready to continue their success in only a few short seasons. Extremely great breakout performances from players like Tony Pepperoni and Tor Tuck have built this team into a powerhouse this season, but Tommy Tuck still is leaving something to be desired out on the ice as his recent slump does not seem to have fixed itself in the off season.

Time: Saturday August 17th 2019, 9:21PM
Word Count: 2,685
If you're paying attention to my word count and time stamps, you will notice that the slump has begun. It is still very early in my adventure, and so I must trek on through the wreckage and distractions burning around me. Everything inside my body is begging me to play a game of Apex Legends and get on with my life but alas, I must earn the fake simulation hockey league money so I can finally buy my last two, shitty, totatally not worth it pieces of equipment and also do my training. Anyways, let's continue. I also just realized I made some mistake and had to go and correct them oopsies, my bad. I must be getting mentally drained. Now let's actually continue because this was an afterthought.

[Image: Hamilton.png]
S48 Record: 27-18-5 (59 Points)
[b]Placement: 1st in Great Lakes, 2nd in East, 6th Overall

Final Power Ranking: 3rd
Top Scorer: Angelo Odjick (21 Goals, 24 Assists, 45 Points
Playoffs: Second Round Elimination by West Kendall Platoon (5 Games)

The Good
Hamilton had an absolutely fantastic showing this season on the backs of primarly two players in Angelo Odjick and Robert Phelps who showed just how important they could be to their teams success. Geezus Kryyst also has an absolutely phenomonal (I'm not even going to try and spell it right) season between the pipes and was a major contributor to helping the Steelhawks finish at the top of their division. Buying themselves a bye past the wildcard round, the season unfortunately came to a quick end at the hands of the West Kendall Platoon in a hard fought five game series. The biggest strength the team has this year was their absolute unity and the presence of much more than just their first forward line on the scoresheet night after night. Finn Kruger and Tig Murphy really used this year to show off his important a defenseman can be in adding to the offensive rush, and it showed in the goals totals.

The Bad
Hamilton isn't getting any younger, and it's no secret. Suffering from similar problems as the Dragons and Blizzard although to a much less alarming degree, Hamilton has been scurying to add players who can fill in the gaps and just hasn't done it fast enough. With much of their talent aging year after year and the core slowly regressing into shells of their former selves, it just isn't the same squad we all came to know and cherish. Probably the worst thing about watching Hamilton hockey this season was seeing the past greats play just slightly below their norm as the crushing weight of the years slowly descended upon them. Despite putting up a team leading 45 points, Robert Phelps just didn't seem to have the same energy he did in his youth, and the loss of a player like him will continue to be a major indicator of the end in Hamilton.

The Future
After the departure of their two biggest pieces in Anastasia O'Koivu and Nikolai Evans through a trade to Tampa Bay right before the start of the season, Hamilton is left scrambling to find already developed players to take on the quickly multiplying roster holes the team is suffering from. Although the Tampa Bay trade brought the team a bountiful amount of draft picks which they can use to grow for the distant future, the infrastructure just isn't there to support the team going for a cup any time soon. With a handful of players down in the SMJHL between Gabriel Johnson, Hugh Jazz, and Savoli Tankovic though, the team should be primed to remain in a solid position until they are fully ready to open their window and shoot for another Challenge Cup.

Today
The weight of the double trade that saw O'Koivu and Evans leaving and the debilitating realization that the window is closing fast may have hit the Hamilton roster quicker than expected as they have quickly dropped all the way down to seventh in the division and are only getting lower on the power rankings each passing day. The Steelhawks are a dissapointing team to watch now a days, and its heartbreaking to see after so many years of exhilerating and intruiging play styles gracing our eyes on the ice. With a rough season inbound and some hearts to be broken, the Steelhawks will look forward to the draft where they can be sure to acquire some more elite prospects to further solidify their status as a future contender.

Time: Saturday August 17th 2019, 9:36PM
Word Count: 3,446
Every time I hit one of these word counts I tell myself I should take a break before I burnt out and yet here I am, writing another team. I swear on god I'm going to watch a YouTube video or play some Apex Legends after this, but every time I hit one of these things I'm like "well I've already pasted it so why don't I just get it over with?" The good thing is that I'm already past what I needed to cover my weekly training, although I'm definitely regretting deciding to do a mega article a day before I leave for what may well be the biggest trip of my life. I kind of my need my brain in the right space but who cares! Noble is going to go insane!

[Image: LosAngeles.png]
S48 Record: 20-29-1 (41 Points)
[b]Placement: 4th in Southwest, 8th in West, 15th Overall

Final Power Ranking: 9th
Top Scorer: Max Mauldin (17 Goals, 27 Assists, 44 Points
Playoffs: Failed to Qualify

The Good
If we're being blunt, there wasn't a whole lot of good this season in the City of Angels. Fun fact, Los Angeles means... while "The Angels" and so the Los Angeles Angels team name would actually translate to The The Angels Angels. Anyways (here's where it all starts to fall apart and my brain melts), this team really struggled to find their footing this season. Max Mauldin was the only real strength on the entire team all season long as he tried his darndest to keep his team from being the stuff of legend for all the wrong reasons, and so he did. With 44 points over the season, Mauldin is really showing of why he is a leader in the Panthers locker room and will only continue to grow into an excellent player. With a skill set like his, the Panthers should feel lucky and can look forward what really can only be a brighter future.

The Bad
Holy fuck alright let me go off for a second here. Lowest goals for in the league, fourth highest goals against... Wow. That's just fucking awful. I don't think this is really anyone's fault and obviously every league is quite cyclical as teams rise and fall over and over again, but Los Angeles really just fucking sucked. Both goaltenders could have been replaced by a sack of potatoes, every single offensive piece except for Mauldin completely failed to even show up to the rink on time for the game to start, the strategy was all over the place, and Jon Toner had to do his best to be an elite defenseman. Now that I've pretty much covered everything in a brief recap, we can just move forward because I have nothing else to say.

The Future
If we're looking into the future, at least we can say that Los Angeles isn't going to be getting absolutely butt fucked by every single other team for the rest of existence. Oliver Cleary is going to be a big difference maker on the blue line, Eddy Ask Jr. is blossoming into a great goaltending talent, Theo Morgan is an elite offensive machine, Elijah Jones is a monster of a prospect down in the SMJHL, and in case Ask Jr. fails they have not one, but two talented goaltenders in Knox Booth and Nolan MacHahon who will be integral toward their plans for the future. The odd thing is, Los Angeles willingly took three goaltenders and while I'm not really sure what they plan to do with them, I think it would be funny if they used a three goaltender rotation. The future is bright in sunshine city (I have no idea if anyone ever refers to LA as sunshine city but why the fuck not, if it isn't Saskatoon it's basically paradise).

Today
Well, things are looking a little bit better for the Panthers right now, but I'm not going to say it's going to stay that way. The team still has a ton of stuff to work before they can really have anyone take them seriously, and despite them sitting in a playoff spot right now I think we can all agree that the team is better off tanking and getting another top three draft pick to keep the rebuild going. While I'm not going to say that the season is lost, I don't think it's the best idea for LA to enter playoffs and lose a high seed in the draft only for them to be knocked out in either the wildcard against a much stronger Edmonton/Winnipeg team or lose out in the second versus either Calgary or New Orleans. However it works out, it's just a waiting game for Los Angeles now.

Time: Saturday August 17th 2019, 9:52PM
Word Count: 4,246
That one took me sixteen minutes and I only put down like eight hunded words. I don't have any bar graph going to check how fast I'm working and while I am breaking this down into intervals I really don't care I just want to get it done. I am going to take a brief recess, eat some food, play a couple rounds of Apex Legends, and get back to this right after. I'll post what I have now so I that I can give myself some sort of instant gratification because I have nothing to post on Instagram right now. Have fun reading this, maybe there will be something new to read if you make it from the bottom to the top. Just hit refresh and I'll try my best to have new content for you. Bye now.Ee

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

Oh I passed 2,000 posts and 100 threads off this, that's fun. Congrats to me.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]